4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Most boring gta of all time

Nayden burns

4 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

So you commend trolling? Looks like I was right.

I dont commend trolling. I only commend the trolling of annoying gatekeeping types here.

4 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Shut up wanker and come up with something original instead of poaching off of someone else.:p

Will GTA Bore do ;)

• YEE 3
Algonquin Assassin
1 hour ago, DownInThePMs said:

I dont commend trolling. I only commend the trolling of annoying gatekeeping types here.

Even still I don’t see how he stuck it to anyone. It’s not like he’s the first person on Earth to say GTA IV’s boring.

I’m sure no one’s really pissed off. We just find it amusing.

45 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

Will GTA Bore do ;)

*Yawn*

GTA Galore and GTA Foreplay sound better.😉

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1
9 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

GTA Foreplay sound better.😉

It's called Foreplay because you play that game to warm up first before moving on to the main thing ie GTA V and SA

And IV is awesome but surely you too see the irony in calling it GTA Galore :p

• excuseme 2
Algonquin Assassin
25 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

And IV is awesome but surely you too see the irony in calling it GTA Galore :p

What about GTA Glory then? Or GTA Adore? 

Either way it doesn’t need a name substitution. It’s still a masterpiece that San Andreas and GTA V fanboys envy. I’m just fighting fire with fire bruh.😛

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
universetwisters
On 1/24/2021 at 5:45 PM, Algonquin Assassin said:

You mean the best part of the game?

Idk man, that's when Niko started being muddled and started to feel more like a generic hitman imo

• Like 2
Algonquin Assassin
32 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

Idk man, that's when Niko started being muddled and started to feel more like a generic hitman imo

Different perspectives I guess. To me this is when things start to really pick up and I love that Niko becomes more of a hit man for the mob.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, universetwisters said:

I agree

*Algonquin Assassin Please don't kill me after reading this*

The story became about Liberty City and the criminals /gangs in it and not about Niko anymore .

He becomes a generic hitman who does jobs to others and show you  Stories that are bigger than him and I kinda feel like Niko loses a bit of his personality and becomes similar to Claude 

Actually it Kinda reminds me of LCS where the story felt like Sal's story from Toni's Point of view .

Probably that's why some people used to say that they felt the need of  more Roman during this arc to keep Niko's personality since he won't talk about himself in these situations a lot but we always can hang out with him anytime which moves it to one of my personal problems with the game .

It plays out more like a movie where there's no gap between the missions which makes freerooming harder to enjoy . All the bosses are like come here now and of course I won't be in a serious situation and go hang out with Roman.

Edit: this was the part with the most crossovers maybe it was hard to focus on Niko alone or not important

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 2
Algonquin Assassin
28 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

*Algonquin Assassin Please don't kill me after reading this*

I’ll just chop you up into little pieces so you won’t feel a thing.😛

• Like 2
  • YEE 1
mr  phillips the great

GTA IV: Story about a Serbian war veteran who wants to find the man who betrayed his team

This guy: mOsT BoRInG gTa oF AlL tIMe

For some people Grand Theft Auto is about running around in a clown costume with a dildo, so... yeah. 

billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, Americana said:

For some people Grand Theft Auto is about running around in a clown costume with a dildo, so... yeah. 

And yet in GTA IV you can run around in a novelty jumper with a terrible pun on it throwing dildos at people. You can knock the guy who will become the game's main antagonist's glasses off by throwing a dildo at his head during a mission with no penalty. What more do they want??

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Western Gunslinger

I'm actually surprised people tries to argue with OP instead of simply mocking him and dismiss this thread as a low quality bait

• Like 2

On 1/23/2021 at 4:28 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

It’s actually funny because usually when I think of boring missions GTA V and/or San Andreas come to mind first before any other GTA game.

For as much as people love to gush over those games for having “fun” and “varied” missions there are quite a number that are complete stinkers simply because they’re bad and not very fun at all.

Give me a standard GTA IV shootout any day over this sh*t. Atleast it won’t linger on longer than it needs to and it feels like I’m accomplishing something than having my time wasted.

Not gonna lie to you, but GTA IV can get boring very easily unless you're into mundane things. GTA IV's "dark" and "depressing" feel just gets repetitive over time, and yes I have played and finished GTA IV before you call me a GTA ONLINE kid. That is the reason GTA IV didn't do the best publicly compared to V and SA, because GTA as a franchise isn't really depressing it's more of a over the top rags to riches type game series. I can understand how Rockstar tried to change things up a little, but for a game like GTA, the two don't mix. No offense, but you calling others "fanboys" is kinda hypocritical, considering you've literally countered anyone who speaks their opinion on GTA IV.

Edited by BossFF007
billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, BossFF007 said:

Not gonna lie to you, but GTA IV can get boring very easily unless you're into mundane things

Things like

- Compelling story with interesting and funny characters

- Awesome and detailed shooting, hand to hand combat and explosions

- Most advanced climbing/parkour in the series

- Large amount of interiors, including many buildings you can run through or up to the roof for fun chases

- Tons of freedom in missions

- Detailed city that feels alive with entertaining NPCs

- Good amount of crime based side missions, as well as other side activities such as racing, minigames, random character missions etc

- Hilarious and crazy physics that mean you can mess around with driving/flying/stunt jumps/pushing people down stairs/throwing random objects at people/doing the swingset glitch etc all day

There's way more to GTA IV than just a dark story. For one thing it's also very funny, makes me laugh more than any other GTA. And it also offers the most detailed physics, combat and NPC behaviour in the series. Because of this I also find it the most fun GTA to mess around in by far. I've got no beef with anyone preferring SA or V. But I've got to defend IV in these areas lol, it's severely underrated for things other than the story. 

I don't think it's correct to say that SA and V are any more what GTA "is about" than IV, considering the very first 3D era GTA, GTA III, is also much more dark and brutal in tone. And considering with GTA V we have a game that's supposed to be about crime where two of the three protagonists have zero crime based side missions, and instead tow trucks and do yoga. I think getting away from the criminal underworld focus the way V did is a bigger deviation than IV's reduced amount of extra customisation and random side stuff. Every GTA game has a mix of over the top stuff, humour, and dark and serious stuff, and every GTA game has plenty of different things to do, they've just varied the mix with each one. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
18 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Things like

- Compelling story with interesting and funny characters

- Awesome and detailed shooting, hand to hand combat and explosions

- Most advanced climbing/parkour in the series

- Large amount of interiors, including many buildings you can run through or up to the roof for fun chases

- Tons of freedom in missions

- Detailed city that feels alive with entertaining NPCs

- Good amount of crime based side missions, as well as other side activities such as racing, minigames, random character missions etc

- Hilarious and crazy physics that mean you can mess around with driving/flying/stunt jumps/pushing people down stairs/throwing random objects at people/doing the swingset glitch etc all day

There's way more to GTA IV than just a dark story. For one thing it's also very funny, makes me laugh more than any other GTA. And it also offers the most detailed physics, combat and NPC behaviour in the series. Because of this I also find it the most fun GTA to mess around in by far. I've got no beef with anyone preferring SA or V. But I've got to defend IV in these areas lol, it's severely underrated for things other than the story. 

I don't think it's correct to say that SA and V are any more what GTA "is about", considering the very first 3D era GTA, GTA III, is also much more dark and brutal in tone. Every GTA game has a mix of over the top stuff, humour, and dark and serious stuff, and every GTA game has plenty of different things to do, they've just varied the mix with each one. 

GTA IV does have have some good features like you've mentioned above, but the atmosphere and the whole "I'm depressed, my cousin died and I have no one left" feel seems like it should be in a Drama or Soap Opera (which it shouldn't), not a GTA game, yeah GTA III did have a dark and gritty feel to it, but it wasn't what the whole game was about, it was about a silent dude named Claude getting revenge on his now ex-girlfriend for attempting to kill him. GTA IV on the other just feels like a pessimist simulator, something that only goes well unless you're just like him. GTA IV is a good game, but like what someone else said before, Niko loses character during the whole Diamonds and Mafia storylines. Other than that, GTA IV is definitely one of the best games out there, when it comes to physics, gangs and characters. Lemme not forget the weapons and graphics, those made GTA IV a great game.

Edited by BossFF007
  • Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
12 minutes ago, BossFF007 said:

GTA IV does have have some good features like you've mentioned above, but the atmosphere and the whole "I'm depressed, my cousin died and I have no one left" feel seems like it should be in a Drama or Soap Opera (which it shouldn't), not a GTA game, yeah GTA III did have a dark and gritty feel to it, but it wasn't what the whole game was about, it was about a silent dude named Claude getting revenge on his now ex-girlfriend for attempting to kill him. GTA IV on the other just feels like a pessimist simulator, something that only goes well unless you're just like him. GTA IV is a good game, but like what someone else said before, Niko loses character during the whole Diamonds and Mafia storylines. Other than that, GTA IV is definitely one of the best games out there, when it comes to physics, gangs and characters. Lemme not forget the weapons and graphics, those made GTA IV a great game.

I see our opinions don't differ that much. I dunno, even though a lot of the stuff in the story is depressing I also find it a hilarious game, there's the dark humour of it and also just straight up funny characters like Brucie, Packie, Roman, Bernie etc. Any scene with Mikhail Faustin is a riot. It's like The Sopranos to me, great drama but also great comedy. I guess not everyone sees it that way but they miss out 😛, I just love everything about it.

universetwisters
8 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

And yet in GTA IV you can run around in a novelty jumper with a terrible pun on it throwing dildos at people. You can knock the guy who will become the game's main antagonist's glasses off by throwing a dildo at his head during a mission with no penalty. What more do they want??

brb making a dildo only playthrough for IV

• Like 3
On 1/26/2021 at 7:56 PM, BossFF007 said:

Your problem is that GTA didn't stay a lighthearted & cartoony power fantasy and instead became a gritty crime drama that tackles serious themes. I think your type really limits the series, GTA has a lot more potential as GTA IV showed but because of the backlash we will only get goofy stories from now...and somehow you still whine anyway (lots of 3D era fans dislike GTA V which is amusing since it was basically made for you lol)

Edited by FanEu7

You say Grand Theft Auto III is dark, but it's okay, because it was not the point, but when it comes to Grand Theft Auto IV but it was wrong.

But... you know that both games are dark for the same exact reason? Okay.

Edited by Americana

Big props to @billiejoearmstrong8 for accurately describing probably the reason why IV remains my favorite GTA to this day. No GTA could keep me so captivated, the countless hours I spent just nudging cars into the abyss and watching them explode, setting people on fire with Molotovs and giggling at them flapping around with those over the top screams, messing around with the physics like that one time when I killed a cop with a Minigun (yes, I added it as a weapon) at the Welham Parkway in Bohan and he ended up glitching into the wall. Or when I had that habit to Rocketlaunch the hospital in Westdyke/Schottler whenever I was left out of it, with results like that.

unknown.png

• Best Bru 1
On 1/22/2021 at 6:26 PM, Nayden burns said:

The game is just plain boring compared to san andreas and v

3bsYOS2.jpg

Edited by Mattineu

ITT: GTA V fanboy makes an alt account cuz he's too much of a pussy to share his opinions

ps: gta v and san andreas suck

LittleBlueTroll

Why did I come here, I guess it was the drama...

GTA IV is far from my favourite GTA, I've said it many times on here. But boring? That's a strong word there, chief. 

I would agree the colour scheme is bland. I know I know it fits the mood and the themes and blah blah blah, but the palette is a bit dull for my tastes.

Aside from some of my issues with GTA IV, it is far from boring. Even if you cannot appreciate the vanilla game, have you tried modding it? Really good mod selection out there for this title. 

I remember once I had a toilet jetpack type... thing. I was flying around LC at break neck speeds and heights on a toilet. Kept me entertained for hours. That alone erases any boredom.

I also refuse to believe that toilet isn't canon in the GTA world. 

Mind you, better not say that too loud, or It'll end up in GTAO next week for 3 heists worth of cash...

• Like 3

I mean, I would have no problem with Grand Theft Auto IV not being part of Grand Theft Auto series. I guess it would be even better for the game itself seeing that almost every other Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is just over-the-top.

This way we wouldn't have people constantly complaining about boring characters and boring color scheme. Also, I wouldn't say the game is brown, more like sky blue. 

Edited by Americana