3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA SA is not as hard as I remember or the IOS/HD port is toned down

_ROM30_

I recently been playing through GTA SA on my iPad using a PS4 controller. I found the game way easier than I remember and have been passing through all the mission first try.

mainly missions such as all of Zero's missions I was dreading as I knew they where a pain but ended up finding them really easy. Then straight after that done the flight school and again all easy to pass, maybe to get gold is a bit harder but at least bronze or silver I would get easily.

Ive also got the HD PS3 version of gta sa, which by the way is worse than the ios port for some reason, but again found that pretty easy to pass so far.

I haven't play GTA SA on PS2/xbox or PC in a while so not sure if the difficulty has been changed. Any thoughts?

GhettoJesus

To my knowledge no changes have been made to that version. I would assume you just got better at the game.

Flymystical-DJ

The IoS port has been toned down in certain areas. The BMX/500 challenges give 15 seconds per ring. And you don't lose guns on death. There may be other but I don't know. Haven't heard about any real mission changes.

I think you're just better. I'm playing it again on PS2 for the first time in 10 years and certain mission are a breeze now. I remember CRYING because of that f*cking train mission and I got it first time. Reuniting the Families? First Try. I'm even enjoying zeroes missions!

Rhoda

There may well be other tweaks to the iOS version that make play a little easier. One I can remember off the top of my head is the removal of some of the bike school tasks, but this doesn't really intervene with regular storyline play.

• Like 1
Big_Smiley
5 hours ago, Rhoda said:

There may well be other tweaks to the iOS version that make play a little easier. One I can remember off the top of my head is the removal of some of the bike school tasks, but this doesn't really intervene with regular storyline play.

From what I can remember lifes a beach was changed early when the original Xbox and PC versions came out. The Mobile ports which is the exact same HD remaster ports on console followed. For the original PS2 v1 the score was like 4000?? If I recall correctly? Correct me if I'm wrong. It ended up being like 2000 points or something. Hella easy how they made it. I don't exactly remember the details because it's been years since I actually played the mission due to using the much easier speedrun technique of using a homie inside a van to skip the boring mini game. 

Rhoda

Yeah, I admit it's been a long time since I actually did the dancing. I even used the skip in the iOS version.

• fir thi bairns 1
_ROM30_
On 1/22/2021 at 11:17 AM, GhettoJesus said:

To my knowledge no changes have been made to that version. I would assume you just got better at the game.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:46 AM, Flymystical-DJ said:

The IoS port has been toned down in certain areas. The BMX/500 challenges give 15 seconds per ring. And you don't lose guns on death. There may be other but I don't know. Haven't heard about any real mission changes.

I think you're just better. I'm playing it again on PS2 for the first time in 10 years and certain mission are a breeze now. I remember CRYING because of that f*cking train mission and I got it first time. Reuniting the Families? First Try. I'm even enjoying zeroes missions!

Well the auto aim is one thing that helps out alot as you can just blast your way almost without thinking. also this time playing ive reached hitman level on all the guns, done paramedic and house robbery missions early so Ive unlocked a few perks to help out.

that train mission is funny because literally all you have to do is just follow it, well at least follow it closely so big smoke shoots and hits the targets.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:21 AM, Big_Smiley said:

From what I can remember lifes a beach was changed early when the original Xbox and PC versions came out. The Mobile ports which is the exact same HD remaster ports on console followed. For the original PS2 v1 the score was like 4000?? If I recall correctly? Correct me if I'm wrong. It ended up being like 2000 points or something. Hella easy how they made it. I don't exactly remember the details because it's been years since I actually played the mission due to using the much easier speedrun technique of using a homie inside a van to skip the boring mini game. 

I had no idea about the glitch to skip that mission. but yes I have a feeling some points systems have probably been lowered, maybe low rider one is easier too? Im guess some things have been tweaked to compensate the touch controls on different devices but since im using a ps4 controller Im never fighting with laggy or missed button presses.