2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Bully 2?

FourthDev

love this game really hope i can see a sequel in my lifetime, any ideas on where the game could be set? or plot ideas? or announcement/ release dates? 

Edited by FourthDev

I heard that Rockstar Toronto are currently working on bully 2 small team, but don't expect to see anything anytime soon. 

19 minutes ago, Azzy6th said:

I heard that Rockstar Toronto are currently working on bully 2 small team, but don't expect to see anything anytime soon. 

Thought it was cancelled nah?

I mean I'm not sure they usually keep quiet about their projects, but I like the idea of a sequel to Bully. The plot? Gary's revenge while Jimmy's in his last year of school probably. Or completely different new storyline with a new protagonist. It would be cool if they added more features, more cliques, etc.

My fan made Bully II trailer in my head

giphy.gif

It starts with Arcade fire playing that song that Rockstar acquired the rights to and then it zooms into our teenage protagonist(s) driving a car even though they are underage or don't have a license yet with their friends in the back referencing The Simpsons. Then a montage of them getting in trouble doing a bunch of sh*t at the school.

It's never going to happen but it's nice to dream.

Bully 2 will be exciting

You will be on a modern school with hot high school girls and tough men

42 minutes ago, JaeDan 101 said:

That's gonna get Rockstar in trouble.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Just now, Zello said:

That's gonna get Rockstar in trouble.

what do you mean in trouble?

1funeral2many
6 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

what do you mean in trouble?

if rockstar made underaged high school girls sexy then they would cement a controversy that would be even more disastrous then Manhunt 2 or the hot coffee mod combined, and for good reason tbh

• KEKW 2

On 1/22/2021 at 9:53 AM, 1funeral2many said:

if rockstar made underaged high school girls sexy then they would cement a controversy that would be even more disastrous then Manhunt 2 or the hot coffee mod combined, and for good reason tbh

Yeah true we all know abt the cut player models

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/22/2021 at 1:58 AM, JaeDan 101 said:

Bully 2 will be exciting

Here's a waaayyy better idea!

4 minutes ago, OOI said:
22 hours ago, TKDSnovelist said:

a shemale/trans getting revenge on school bullies, 10-15 years later... 

Bully 2!

wow-shook.gif

That would be something! With a plot and story relevant to current times.

Do it Rockstar. I dare you!

I mean Bully 2 would make so much sense after the addition of the amazing conversation/interaction mechanic and stuff in RDR2. They could expand on that in crazy ways given the likely "smaller" scale the game would have compared to RDR2 or GTA. I see no reason why there shouldn't be a Bully 2 one day ... maybe we will not see it before GTA VI but I sure haven't given up on its possibility yet. Exploring this setting again would be so fresh for the industry because basically it has never been done again since Bully ... and we all know how amazing that game was, it is and will always be amongst my top 3 Rockstar games ... alongside RDR2.

• Like 1

I could see a Bully game working in the UK.

Bully deserves an new installment much more then gta or red dead

• 2 weeks later...
CynicalMexican
On 9/1/2021 at 5:39 AM, BullyFan2002 said:

Bully 2 got cancelled didn't it?

Multiple times but it may or may not have restarted development. 

I have a gut feeling that T2 wants to get it across the finish line and may or may not acquire some studios to get that to happen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

Multiple times but it may or may not have restarted development. 

I have a gut feeling that T2 wants to get it across the finish line and may or may not acquire some studios to get that to happen.

oh okay.

• 2 months later...

Considering the fact T2 and R* have remastered the 3D trilogies, I wouldn't call it far fetched to see them remaster the Stories games and even Bully. With that being said the chance of a Bully sequel or a reboot has become likely, if someone told me two years ago that R* is remastering the 3D trilogies I wouldn't believe them.

Edited by LongLiveJojo

• 2 weeks later...
ThatBenGuy1998

I’d honestly LOVE to see Bully 2. If only R* could get off their lazy arses and make it for once!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2021 at 3:31 PM, ThatBenGuy1998 said:

I’d honestly LOVE to see Bully 2. If only R* could get off their lazy arses and make it for once!

I guess T2 is the one to blame here and not R*. Maybe we can blame both of them hahaha!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Felipeborges388 said:

So you are telling me there is still hope?! Hahaha, this ride never ends. lol

Henderson's track record with Rockstar is still conveniently aligned with when ever there's leaks from within the community, or simply just flat out unproven as of yet, so I'd still take what he says with a grain of salt.

It's not a good sign they've got anything else in the works though, be it Bully 2 or (my wish) a new IP. We know how Rockstar develops games now, it's a united effort from all their studios and the modern demands of game dev mean even a smaller scale project like Bully 2 could be would still take a significant chunk of GTA VI's workforce.

Or in other words, the outlook is still not good that we'll get anything non-GTA VI before or soon after GTA VI.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, Jason said:

Henderson's track record with Rockstar is still conveniently aligned with when ever there's leaks from within the community, or simply just flat out unproven as of yet, so I'd still take what he says with a grain of salt.

It's not a good sign they've got anything else in the works though, be it Bully 2 or (my wish) a new IP. We know how Rockstar develops games now, it's a united effort from all their studios and the modern demands of game dev mean even a smaller scale project like Bully 2 could be would still take a significant chunk of GTA VI's workforce.

Or in other words, the outlook is still not good that we'll get anything non-GTA VI before or soon after GTA VI.

This is true. I wish it could be like it was before. But we as gamers expect so much today from newer games and developers/publishers expect a lot in return for their games. In my opinion i think bully is too niche of a game for rockstar to release. Gamers expect every new game to have one of these things: skill tree, survival, simulation, abelites in them. How much detail, world building, story telling can you do in a bully game before it just becomes a GTA clone? Gaming has evolved too much and its too late now to create a sequel to bully. bully was a niche and simple game. good for its time but for todays standards its not enough

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 3:53 AM, 1funeral2many said:

Lawsuit waiting to happen

9yzsio.gif

:kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw:

• KEKW 2

Hogwarts Legacy might finally fill that Bully 2 void! I'm excited.

• Like 2

TommyD94

I am a long time Bully fan and I think it's one of Rockstar's most underrated games. I've recently started playing it again. I don't doubt that Rockstar has discussed, maybe even developed some of Bully 2 but regardless, I do not think we will ever see it's release. Two reasons:

1. GTA VI is Rockstar's main focus point.

2. Bully 2 would not survive in today's world. In order for the game to be pretty successful, they would need to beat the original and to do that, there would need to be more controversy. You need to consider how different the world is now compared to when Bully was released. Bullying is linked to so much controversy, mental health and suicide rates. We live in a society that there is a lot of censorship within and we're more sensitive now. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, I'm just stating facts. It would not survive.

At the time of it's release, Bully was voted and ranked by Yahoo News as one of the top ten controversial games of all time. It would simply be rejected by today's society.

I'd also take Henderson's tip with a pinch of salt. It may have been a thing but I genuinely think someone has pulled the plug and they are never trying it again. This article here has a video that explains my theory a bit more - Will We Ever See A Bully 2? (ourbadgamer.com)

Although, it's sad that we will never see this happen.

Lock n' Stock

If Bully 2 was a thing, we'd have it by now. R* clearly aren't interested in revisiting that IP at this point.