1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

1 person at a time

skull23

I understand that going into a public lobby is going to have lots of players that like to troll other players but in the invite only lobby I think the only person that should be in a invite only lobby is just 1 person and the rest of the players has to leave that's what I think should happen

Gaffa
3 minutes ago, skull23 said:

I understand that going into a public lobby is going to have lots of players that like to troll other players but in the invite only lobby I think the only person that should be in a invite only lobby is just 1 person and the rest of the players has to leave that's what I think should happen

Sorry, what? 

If you start an Invite Only session, you will be the one only person in that session until the end of time - unless you invite someone else there. 

skull23
7 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Sorry, what? 

If you start an Invite Only session, you will be the one only person in that session until the end of time - unless you invite someone else there. 

Ya well I have seen a player go into a invite only session and there were other players in it and that needs to be changed

Gaffa
6 minutes ago, skull23 said:

Ya well I have seen a player go into a invite only session and there were other players in it and that needs to be changed

I'm still not following you - can you show a video or something? 

If a player goes to single player or the Content Creator and then chooses Online > Invite Only session, they'll load into their own Invite Only session. They won't load into someone else's session unless they chose something like "Closed Friends Session" or "Crew Session" etc. 

Certainly on PC, it's not possible to load into someone else's Invite Only session without first being invited - or if the person is using cheats to bypass that requirement. 

The-Great-Cornholio
22 hours ago, Gaffa said:

If a player goes to single player or the Content Creator and then chooses Online > Invite Only session, they'll load into their own Invite Only session. They won't load into someone else's session unless they chose something like "Closed Friends Session" or "Crew Session" etc. 

Certainly on PC, it's not possible to load into someone else's Invite Only session without first being invited - or if the person is using cheats to bypass that requirement. 

I think they're inviting a friend to their invite only then their friend is inviting ppl. They don't other ppl to be allowed to invite

• Like 1
Gaffa
1 hour ago, The-Great-Cornholio said:

I think they're inviting a friend to their invite only then their friend is inviting ppl. They don't other ppl to be allowed to invite

Now that's a good point - but in those cases can't those people have a word with their "friend" and ask them not to invite people again in the future? 

I swear the art of communication has been lost these days as we've become reliant on technology, and whilst a "Session Lock" sort of feature could - that prevents anyone else from joining - seems like a good idea, in an Invite Only lobby, the same can be accomplished with a very short chat with the one you invited.

If it kept on happening, they're not really a "friend" or someone you'd want to invite to your lobby again anyway - surely(?).

Or maybe just K.I.S.S. and change the current system so the only person that can send session invites to other players in an Invite Only lobby is the session host themselves, and nobody else. But I'd be doubtful such a change is going to come to GTA Online, given the current system has been in place for so long - I guess we can hope for the Expanded & Enhanced version. 

Edited by Gaffa
The-Great-Cornholio

If there only playing and not trolling shouldn't be a problem

Mirror Park Resident
On 1/21/2021 at 4:37 PM, Gaffa said:

Sometimes the game has brain farts and puts someone in your invite session. Or loads you into someone else's.

Has happened to me 2-3 times in 5 years. Really hard to see, but still possible.

• Like 1
Gaffa
6 minutes ago, Mirror Park Resident said:

Sometimes the game has brain farts and puts someone in your invite session. Or loads you into someone else's.

Has happened to me 2-3 times in 5 years. Really hard to see, but still possible.

Good to know - but if it's such a rare thing to happen, in the eventuality it does happen... it can't be too difficult to find another session immediately, right?