1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Am I The only one that thinks r/GTA6 is full of idiots?

rjmthe2nd

Nothing but kids who never even played the previous GTAs or RDR2 and swears they know about Rockstar, being factual doesn't matter over there, talk about how an 80s GTA would be refreshing and they'll downvote lol, think I'm done with that remedial circle jerk.

There's idiots on the internet everywhere. This place wouldn't look much different from over there if the mods took a weekend off.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

This place wouldn't look much different from over there if the mods took a weekend off.

we remove tons of sh*tposts, and still get posts about people saying Cyberpunk is bad (in a GTA6 sub lol), I literally just removed a post where there was a guy posting about Cyberpunk and that he doesn't mind waiting because of that(for the 1000th time! Ffs).

So even if you don't appreciate it, don't say that we don't do any work there, Like you said, there's idiots in pretty much everywhere in the Internet, I've seen some here too. It's judt reddit is like that, it will get better once when the game is Announced tho, like look at how good r/Reddeadredemption is.

1 hour ago, rjmthe2nd said:

talk about how an 80s GTA would be refreshing and they'll downvote lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkCKKSQiwTWE9NWA_4DBF

Edited by Orthur The Boah
Misunderstood the quote / clarification

1 hour ago, Ser_Salty said:

There's idiots on the internet everywhere. This place wouldn't look much different from over there if the mods took a weekend off.

There's idiots everywhere. Period. The problem is not the Internet itself. This means that even some of the moderators are idiots themselves.

It's the way it is.

Edited by The Wolf Man

What I found even more stupid is that these idiots are also convinced GTA VI will "definitely" be announced this year and that anytime after is "too late." They also say GTA VI will release next year (2022) and when it comes to their GTA VI wishlists, they always ask for unrealistic or dumb things.

• Like 3

4kHorseBalls

Yes, this forum is clearly superior than stoopid subreddit.

Seriously though, I've seen as many insane and pointless theories thrown around in this forum as in /r/GTA6. It's internet. 

• Like 2

To be honest like others said above, this forum isn’t as good as r/GTA6 sometimes. With stupid theories and speculations that don’t make sense or wishlists that sound extremely stupid 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

What I found even more stupid is that these idiots are also convinced GTA VI will "definitely" be announced this year and that anytime after is "too late." They also say GTA VI will release next year (2022) and when it comes to their GTA VI wishlists, they always ask for unrealistic or dumb things.

Dumbest thing I've seen was yesterday, some guy really thinks GTA VI was in development before V even released

We're on GTA Forums. I don't give a damn about what people are posting on some random subreddit.

1 hour ago, rjmthe2nd said:

Dumbest thing I've seen was yesterday, some guy really thinks GTA VI was in development before V even released

Many of them say that Rockstar started making GTA VI in 2013-2014 even though we know that the majority of Rockstar’s staff was working on RDR2. I also saw someone saying that GTA VI should include all of the previous games cities and states and that there should be 9 playable characters, each of them at a city building their own crime empire and helping each other with gangs and stuff. When I read that I told myself: "Thank god we don’t have retards like this guy in charge of making games"

I don't so much mind people having unrealistic dreams for what they want the next GTA to be like, but I can't stand the ones who want those things so bad that they've convinced themselves that their ideal GTA has already been confirmed. The people who state their opinions and dreams as if they're facts. You get a lot of those people everywhere, though.

all that  sub does is circle jerk old gta games so it’s not that different from this place.

Edited by Big14

1 hour ago, Big14 said:

all that  sub does is circle jerk old gta games so it’s not that different from this place.

Yup it’s all gta 4 masterpiece red dead 2 masterpiece gta 5 bad. Got I can’t stand that subreddit. I remember a few weeks ago I got downvoted because I said we should keep expectations realistic and don’t overhype and I got downvoted these idiots think because rockstar has a good track record they can’t f*ck up gta 6 (not saying gta 6 will be good or bad) just saying keep optimistic as seeing with cdpr. On another note I’m tired of their sh*t plot ideas sh*t concept maps, and I’m tired of people acting like gta 5 is a bad game knowing damn well if rockstar doesn’t give us a free upgrade they are going to open their wallet to buy the next gen version 

tbh every post here could be describing this forum as well, discussion about video games just kinda sucks on the internet lol

gwZr6Zc.png

The difference is that subreddits are basically echo chambers because of the upvote/downvote system. There is more variety of opinions and less circlejerk on classic forums like this but reddit these days is just way more popular

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RedDagger said:

tbh every post here could be describing this forum as well, discussion about video games just kinda sucks on the internet lol

For sure but not so bad here. I feel like people here were for the most part around when GTA 3 dropped, or have at least played the SD games to know of the progression in the series.

The subreddit is the worst place though, people's knowledge of the series and Rockstar doesn't go past GTA V. Which proves annoying when you are trying to break down something with logic or explain to someone why the game won't be set 200 years in the future.

Edited by darkdayz
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

17 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

Many of them say that Rockstar started making GTA VI in 2013-2014 even though we know that the majority of Rockstar’s staff was working on RDR2. I also saw someone saying that GTA VI should include all of the previous games cities and states and that there should be 9 playable characters, each of them at a city building their own crime empire and helping each other with gangs and stuff. When I read that I told myself: "Thank god we don’t have retards like this guy in charge of making games"

I called one out and asked him if even knows RDR2 exists lmao

Am I The only one that thinks r/GTA6 Reddit is full of idiots?

FTFY

Edited by TheEggman

4 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

The difference is that subreddits are basically echo chambers because of the upvote/downvote system. There is more variety of opinions and less circlejerk on classic forums like this but reddit these days is just way more popular

They take ideals from here and turn them into leaks. 

Multiple decades---- example.

That ideal came from this forum, I should know I created the post. I even searched for others post and found some but not many. 

Then 💥 "Project America" leak.

Either Rockstar is gaining ideals from here or the whole leak is fake.

The concept of multiple decades was due to GTA V Michael's reflection of the past; not to mention the other games.

• Like 2

I had a secondary account that got permanently banned from that subreddit, for seemingly no reason. My guess is one of the snowflake moderators didn’t like my comments and posts (especially since they would disappear almost immediately after making them) and decided to get rid of me

Edited by MrBreak16

24 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

I had a secondary account that got permanently banned from that subreddit, for seemingly no reason. My guess is one of the snowflake moderators didn’t like my comments and posts (especially since they would disappear almost immediately after making them) and decided to get rid of me

I got banned for saying we should be optimistic and not automatically expect a masterpiece from next gta game because seeing rockstar and take two current focus, I swear I wanted to beat up whichever mod banned me

13 hours ago, darkdayz said:

For sure but not so bad here. I feel like people here were for the most part around when GTA 3 dropped, or have at least played the SD games to know of the progression in the series.

The subreddit is the worst place though, people's knowledge of the series and Rockstar doesn't go past GTA V. Which proves annoying when you are trying to break down something with logic or explain to someone why the game won't be set 200 years in the future.

Reminds me of an instance where I explained to a poster there that Florida isn't officially the name of Vice City's state since GTA's universe building was in it's infancy at the time, California is SA, NY is Liberty State so that would mean Florida is a placeholder and would soon get a fictional name.

I got downvoted and confused responses 

The GTA fanbase was never particularly bright. It started to get real bad when San Andreas released and it got worse than I ever thought possible after V. Considering you joined in the run up to V OP, you may want to consider that you're part of the problem.

12 hours ago, Black_Jesus said:

1 hour ago, KGBeast said:

The GTA fanbase was never particularly bright. It started to get real bad when San Andreas released and it got worse than I ever thought possible after V. Considering you joined in the run up to V OP, you may want to consider that you're part of the problem.

This is a borderline retarded comment, I've been playing GTA years before I joined this forum. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rjmthe2nd said:

This is a borderline retarded comment, I've been playing GTA years before I joined this forum. 

Plus, an account doesn't say anything. I've been here since 2006 in the hype for IV but got locked out of my old account in the run up to V so made another when I returned. Please don't tell me that people use their Joined date as some kind of intellect flex or as a way to legitimise their fandom. That's embarrassing. Ample people here with 2013 dates that have actually been here since the beggining one way or another.

Edited by darkdayz

11 hours ago, rjmthe2nd said:

Reminds me of an instance where I explained to a poster there that Florida isn't officially the name of Vice City's state since GTA's universe building was in it's infancy at the time, California is SA, NY is Liberty State so that would mean Florida is a placeholder and would soon get a fictional name.

I got downvoted and confused responses 

We actually hear characters say Florida in previous GTA games. Even Niko mentions Florida in GTA IV