3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Route

DistractedJack

What's everyone's preferred routes on the island after the compound ? I would like to have some I can choose from and pick the best one. I'm going in stealth.

Immediately left outside of the compound/off cliffside.
Since I use the DT approach, the scuba gear stays, easy 30ish second escape.

23 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

How did that guy not see you when you stole his bike? I thought the guard uniforms only helped with the "white" icon guards. lol You just walked up to him, pushed him out of the way, and grabbed his bike lol. No idea you could do that. I always shoot him from behind.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

How did that guy not see you when you stole his bike? I thought the guard uniforms only helped with the "white" icon guards. lol You just walked up to him, pushed him out of the way, and grabbed his bike lol. No idea you could do that. I always shoot him from behind.

The smuggler disguise you wear when entering with the Longfin or Velum only works against the white guards.

The guard uniforms you can find on the island also work against red guards, except Rubio's personal bodyguards inside the compound with the red vision cone. The regular guards can also see through the disguise if you stand in a vision cone too long, but it's plenty of time to move past them.

The disguises still work after exiting the compound, even though Pavel says the opposite.

Edited by SummerFreeze
37 minutes ago, SummerFreeze said:

The smuggler disguise you wear when entering with the Longfin or Velum only works against the white guards.

The guard uniforms you can find on the island also work against red guards, except Rubio's personal bodyguards inside the compound with the red vision cone. The regular guards can also see through the disguise if you stand in a vision cone too long, but it's plenty of time to move past them.

The disguises still work after exiting the compound, even though Pavel says the opposite.

I had absolutely no clue! I assumed if the game showed the guard as a red icon with a red cone of vision, it meant they couldn't see you. Thanks for explaining that this is only inside the compound. This changes a few things. I normally never bother with the guard uniforms unless the supply truck is very close to where I make my entry and I want to take that into the compound. Now I will definitely start grabbing any convenient uniforms within a few steps of wherever I am in the Finale. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

I had absolutely no clue! I assumed if the game showed the guard as a red icon with a red cone of vision, it meant they couldn't see you. Thanks for explaining that this is only inside the compound. This changes a few things. I normally never bother with the guard uniforms unless the supply truck is very close to where I make my entry and I want to take that into the compound. Now I will definitely start grabbing any convenient uniforms within a few steps of wherever I am in the Finale. Thanks!

I have another video from the same run that shows how you can simply run up to the office when wearing a guard disguise: https://imgur.com/Pz63VNC (this is Northern wall entry with grappling hook but any entry works, just with different paths)

BTW, yes, I do feel stupid for having run into every hedge and fence. :kekw:

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • 2 weeks later...

Kinda talked about this in another thread, but I basically do one of two routes most of the time. If there's a uniform and decent loot at the airfield, I enter via Velum, don the uniform, fill my loot bag; then drive to the compound, kill guards outside until someone drops the code, enter through a side door. Once I've got the target, I exit via main gate and take the bike route into the water shown in the gif above.

If there's no uniform or bad loot at the airfield, I do a more extensive scope out of the two docks to see where the best loot is. Then I go in via drain pipe, out via main gate again, and take a bike to the dock with the best loot. Exit via boat from there.

Bike route to main dock is pretty obvious--follow the road out of the compound, go straight when it curves left and off road down the hill. I usually cut left across the road to the farthest-out stash, as there are two buildings together there with up to two loot stashes apiece. Between those I can usually fill up.

Bike route to north dock is a bit circuitous. I go right out of the compound, up to near the radio tower. Weave through vision cones across the island until you reach the coast, then follow it north to the dock, hugging the coastline the whole while to avoid guards and helicopters.

On 1/20/2021 at 2:24 PM, DistractedJack said:

What's everyone's preferred routes on the island after the compound ? I would like to have some I can choose from and pick the best one. I'm going in stealth.

Straight to main dock on motorbike, normally I'm already driving the boat out of the dock when Pavel says that the disguise no longer works.