4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[MoonLoader] AutoID

HzanRsxa2959

HzanRsxa2959

Hey all. Been a while since I posted something here. Well, good for you, because I've been working on something!

Have you ever seen a great mod that adds stuff, only to discover that its model IDs conflict with another great mod that adds stuff? Have you ever been plagued by the error 0x00534134 or 0x005B6B2F?

Well, what if I said that I could prevent that from happening? What if I had found a way to automatically assign IDs to models on runtime?

Well, you're in luck- because I have done exactly that.

See for yourself: All the adapted mods below will not have any model ID conflicts whatsoever, whether with each other, or with another mod!

The 'SAMP Objects' mod, by itself, adds from SA-MP to Single-Player 1435 objects for use in other mods, like a resource pack.

Introducing:

0p0ZFds.png

Description:

AutoID is a MoonLoader script that aims to prevent model ID conflicts in mods that add models (peds, cars, objects, buildings etc.) and other entities (weapons, combos etc.), meaning that such mods will no longer have model ID conflicts with other mods.

Moreover, AutoID prides itself in its save purification: any entity added to the game using AutoID will not be saved in the game, but saved using AutoID's custom save system! This means that most mods adapted to AutoID can be freely added to and removed from the game without fear of save corruption!

Requirements:

MoonLoader

Mod Loader support for MoonLoader

CLEO+ (for 2.0 and above).

Video Tutorial:

How to install AutoID 2.1 and above.

Downloads:

Note: This mod creates a folder named 'AutoID' in your game directory. It is not recommended to modify this folder without clear instructions for as long as you are using this mod.

Also, a folder named 'AutoID' is created in the user files directory of the game. This folder contains data that is needed to manage entities adapted to AutoID that are saved in the game.

If you're here because a mod needs AutoID to work, then download this:

Spoiler

Note: 2.0 and above requires the latest version of CLEO+. Also, read here how to install it.

ShareMods:

Google Drive:

Adapted Mods:

Here are some mods that I have adapted to AutoID:
Note: I have explicit permission from the author of each of the following mod to distribute the modified version. Also, the archive of each mod contains a 'readme.txt' file with a link to the original download location of the mod.

Spoiler

Changes:

Please read as the mods' requirements may have changed.

Note: All mods listed below require AutoID; this should be obvious. Also, as they add entities, Open Limit Adjuster is probably required too (not required for 2.1 and above if fastman92 Limit Adjuster is installed). And while they can be installed manually, do note that these mods were adapted with Mod Loader in mind.

Spoiler

Cheat-Menu LUA 2.2 Portable:

Spoiler
  • Made it portable: Replaced mimgui with the portable version. All the files are now stored in the 'cheat-menu' folder in the same location as the 'cheat-menu.lua' file. The location of the 'Custom Skins' folder changes to 'modloader' folder if cheat-menu is installed outside Mod Loader. 'generated.ipl' (from the object spawner) is now created inside the cheat-menu folder.
  • Disabled updates: The update function has been edited to print that updates are not supported. Also, updates are now disabled by default.
  • In addition to updates, 'auto reload' and 'fast load images' options are also disabled by default.
  • The object spawner has been adapted to AutoID.

SAMP Objects:

Spoiler
  • Note: This mod is a bit heavy, taking about 5 seconds to load.
  • Removed unused models: All the models and textures that were not defined in the IDE file have been removed.
  • Removed dependency on default textures: All the models that previously used default game textures, now use textures from a single file named samphzan.txd.
  • Adapted all the objects to AutoID.

Los Santos City Hall:

Spoiler
  • Requires SAMP Objects (the one that is adapted to AutoID, from here), as well as a few default game objects.
  • Repositioned the map above the LS City Hall; previously, it was positioned above the Verdant Meadows Airstrip.
  • Adapted to Property Template (requires CLEO+).

Tools Shop:

Spoiler
  • Requires CLEO+ (no changes here; it previously did as well).
  • Added new seller model.
  • Renamed some files to more suitable names.

Angel Island:

Spoiler
  • Gave more unique names to models and textures.
  • Repositioned the map.
  • Redid the collision.

Modern Beach House:

Spoiler
  • Adapted to Property Template (requires CLEO+); will unlock after Desert (Yay Ka-Boom-Boom mission).
  • You can have a snack from the fridge after buying the property.
  • Gave more unique names to models.
  • Added culling to disable rain and police cars inside house, and to disable rain under umbrella.
  • Combined the two txd files into one.
  • Halved the resolution of all textures.
  • Optimized collisions.
  • Added radar textures.

Eiffel Tower:

Spoiler
  • Repositioned it.
  • Gave more unique names to models.

Dead Body Chalk Outline:

Spoiler

Name Weapon Spawner:

Spoiler
  • Changed the weapon name character limit from 16 to 64.

ShareMods:

Google Drive:

Now, the big question:

How to Adapt mods to AutoID?

If you need some help adapting mods (your own, preferably; unless you get permission- then it's fine) to AutoID, then download this:

Spoiler

ShareMods:

Spoiler

Google Drive:

Spoiler

Also, read this tutorial:

Adapting Mods to AutoID

How it Works:

Curiosity, huh? Good. Well, see if you can keep up!

• Each model in the game is assigned an ID using IDE files that are loaded through gta.dat (yes, even Mod Loader works by merging the famous 'loader.txt' with gta.dat).
  • Before the game is loaded, a model does not exist. That's obvious, no? The model isn't loaded because the game hasn't loaded.
  • Well, what if the game's data files could be edited before the game loads to- I don't know- replace the duplicated model IDs? Would it work? Well, it surely does!
  • But, since no models exist (or are loaded; there is no difference: a model only exists after it has been loaded), then how does AutoID know which model IDs are free? Well, AutoID reads the game's very own data files, and generates a list of IDs that are not defined (also works with Mod Loader). A pretty nifty system, if I do say so myself.
  • Ok, now that we know which IDs are free, they are assigned like this: For each .auid file that AutoID finds (whether using manual installation or through Mod Loader), it assigns a free ID to it. Example: Suppose that your mod contains a file 'autoid.auid'. The first free ID (907 in the default game) gets assigned to it. This happens at every game launch, so if some time later ID 907 gets occupied by a mod not adapted to AutoID, then the next free ID (908 in the default game) will get assigned to it.
  • Now that we know how IDs are assigned, how to use them? Well, that is is explained in the tutorial above.

TL;DR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuKX7MvQYcc

Afterword:

I know that this is an inelegant implementation, but I have been working on it for about a month. I have fixed every bug that I could notice and as such, this mod is very stable.

However, if anyone wants to improve this mod, or attempt a Mod Loader plugin version or Plugin-SDK version, then I give full permission.

Furthermore, this is not a perfect solution; a better solution would be to discard the ID system altogether and use hashes like the HD GTAs, but also keep backwards compatibility in mind. If anyone is up to the task, I- and surely, many others- would do their best to give support.

Credits:

Spoiler

AutoID, AutoIDGenerator: HzanRsxa2959

Adapted Mods:

Spoiler

Cheat-Menu: Grinch_

SAMP Objects: Clara

Los Santos City Hall, Tools Shop, Name Weapon Spawner: Junior_Djjr

Angel Island: ZZPuma

Modern Beach House: Diego4Fun

Eiffel Tower: mrandres5555

Dead Body Chalk Outline: TrushinVlad, Flame

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
  • Like 7
HzanRsxa2959

Cheat-Menu LUA 2.2 Portable: Added a 'search' function to Object Spawner to search AutoID objects by name.

EDIT:

• Fixed the cheat menu crashing in some cases when not using AutoID.
  • Objects spawned using the object spawner will no longer be saved with the game.

EDIT 2:

• Objects spawned using the object spawner are no longer deleted when saving the game.
Edited by HzanRsxa2959
HzanRsxa2959

• Fixed the list of objects spawned using Object Spawner not being cleared when loading. This could make cheat-menu crash when trying to access such a non-existent object.
  • 4 weeks later...
HzanRsxa2959

AutoID just received a gigantic update!

Version 2.0 released!

• The mod now requires CLEO+. All entities added using AutoID will not be saved in the game anymore. This includes: cars (removing will have cars generators with the vehicle set their car model to random, and if the vehicle was saved in a garage, it will be removed), weapons (removing will remove the weapon from the player, and if the weapon was set as a gang weapon, it will be set to fist), fighting styles (removing will set the player's fighting style to default), pickups (removing will set the model ID of the pickup to 1239). All of this is managed by the AutoID.cs file. All the saved data for AutoID is stored in user files\AutoID\.
  • The single 'AutoID.log' file has been divided into multiple log files, each with extensive information of a different function. All the log files are stored in game directory\AutoID\logs\.
  • Now free IDs below 10 will be ignored, to make it compatible with Car Generators.
  • Support to add new weapons! Uses the newly-added AutoID section "WPN:". Requires a configured fastman92 Limit Adjuster.
  • Support to add new melee combos! Uses the newly-added AutoID section "MEL:". Requires a configured fastman92 Limit Adjuster.
  • Support to add model special features! Uses the newly-added AutoID section "SPC:". Requires a configured fastman92 Limit Adjuster.
  • Added AutoID section "TXT:". Generates a txt file with the same name as the .auid file, at the same directory as the .auid file.
  • Added AutoID section "FIL: filename". Generates a file with the name filename, at the same directory as the .auid file.
  • Due to the added ability of modifying fastman92 Limit Adjuster config files (adding weapons, melee combos, and model special features), an initialization system has been introduced. Now, on the first launch, AutoID will copy the files gtasa_weapon_config.dat, gtasa_melee_config.dat, model_special_features.dat to game directory\AutoID\data\_fastman92 limit adjuster\. The files in the original directory will be overwritten on each game launch. These are the files (in the AutoID directory) you should now modify in case of wanting to edit the default values. Any changes to these files will require initialization: Upon launching the game, a dialog box will appear saying "New data has been initialized. The game will now exit. Please launch the game again." Follow the instructions.
  • Now the file game directory\AutoID\logs\AutoID.log file contains the time it took for the game to launch, for benchmarking. There are also many other log files, each with useful information.
  • The AutoID.ini file now has these additional sections: [IDsToNames] (model id = auid filename), [Weapons] (auid filename = weapon id), [WeaponsToNames] (weapon id = auid filename).
  • The GXT key "AUTOID" now return the text "2.0". Use this to check the version.

Links added to main post.

Adapted Mods:

Updated Cheat-Menu LUA 2.2 Portable: Now models with type other than Atomic (section "obj" in IDE file, e.g., "weap" indicating a weapon model) can be spawned.

LS City Hall Interior: Renamed to Los Santos City Hall. Adapted to the latest version of Property Template.

Added: Modern Beach House.

Added: Eiffel Tower.

Added: Dead Body Chalk Outline.

Added: Name Weapon Spawner.

An extensive tutorial is in order. Also, sorry for not finishing the current tutorial. I will do that shortly. Promise.

Now, if only all of this could be combined into a neat little ASI plugin. I actually plan to do that, so if you know how to help me, I would appreciate it.

• Like 1
fastman92

I don't know exactly how your project works. Seems ingenious though 👍

• Like 1
HzanRsxa2959
2 hours ago, fastman92 said:

I don't know exactly how your project works. Seems ingenious though 👍

Thanks. I will write a tutorial in a few hours. Maybe there I will be able to give a more thorough explanation. On the other hand, the code is free for anyone to use (not recommended: after adding, adding and adding, it is a mess. Even though it works). I plan to port this mod to ASI once I sharpen my C++ skill enough.

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
  • Like 1
XG417
On 1/17/2021 at 1:31 PM, HzanRsxa2959 said:

Furthermore, this is not a perfect solution; a better solution would be to discard the ID system altogether and use hashes like the HD GTAs, but also keep backwards compatibility in mind

This particular line intrigues me.

Do you think it's possible without ever toying around with the game engine itself? Because if it is, it'll be a game changer, literally

• Like 1
HzanRsxa2959

Well, my skill in C++ is not advanced enough to properly answer that question, but from what I understand right now: It probably does require some engine-level modifications, which isn't a problem; the problem is compatibility.

Reading and writing data files is- at least to my knowledge- the safest method right now.

EDIT:

Updated some values for fastman92limitAdjuster_GTASA.ini. Please review them (step 3.1).

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
XG417

This just came up while I was trying to install fastman92 Limit Adjuster:

ouQkZ7B.png

Even after configuring the values to what is mentioned in the Adapting Mods to AutoID post, the error persists.

When I take out AutoID from Modloader, the game works fine.

What could be the problem here? Did I miss something?

(This was done in a completely fresh setup)

Edited by XG417
  • Like 1
HzanRsxa2959
1 hour ago, XG417 said:

This just came up while I was trying to install fastman92 Limit Adjuster:

Try installing MoonLoader inside Mod Loader.

EDIT:

Does anyone know any weapons mods that I can adapt to AutoID after getting the author's permission?

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
XG417
1 hour ago, HzanRsxa2959 said:

Try installing MoonLoader inside Mod Loader.

I don't think that's possible, though?

Well, I tried it but MoonLoader didn't load. So I instead tried the opposite and installed AutoID outside ModLoader.

Still nothing.

1 hour ago, HzanRsxa2959 said:

Does anyone know any weapons mods that I can adapt to AutoID after getting the author's permission?

Have you tried asking Slingshot753? He's got some neat Weaps

• Like 1
HzanRsxa2959
8 minutes ago, XG417 said:

I don't think that's possible, though?

But I have MoonLoader installed inside Mod Loader since a long time ago. This is why I didn't notice this bug. Are you using 0.26.5-beta? I have update the link to 0.27.0-preview-3 (requires Visual C++ redistributable 2017; if you can't install that, go to the moonloader\lib folder and try deleting lfs.dll). Try installing that version inside Mod Loader.

XG417

Alright, I've gotten it to work. Game's up and running and I've successfully added two new vehicles into the game without issues.

Maybe it was because I was using v0.26.5 that causes the errors.

There's this minor issue where the game crashes upon exit (f92 error log stating that CLEO+ is somehow responsible) but it is a minor inconvenience.

Thanks for the assist! I'll keep an eye out if any other problems pop up

• Like 1
HzanRsxa2959

@XG417 Glad to hear that!

Here is a tutorial I created to help with installing AutoID 2.0:

Spoiler

Did you use the tutorial to add the new vehicles? Glad to see that people are quickly getting the hang of it. Will you let me take a look at the files, so that I can see if my tutorial did not miss any point?

Feel free to ask any question, report bugs, and give suggestions!

XG417
1 minute ago, HzanRsxa2959 said:

Did you use the tutorial to add the new vehicles? Glad to see that people are quickly getting the hang of it. Will you let me take a look at the files, so that I can see if my tutorial did not miss any point?

I'm actually watching your Tut videos right now lol

So far I've added my vehicles through the standard method as detailed here, though I will soon try to adapt my vehicles to AutoID. If I'm successful, I'll snap a screenie of the files and post it here.

• Like 1
fastman92
18 hours ago, XG417 said:

This particular line intrigues me.

Do you think it's possible without ever toying around with the game engine itself? Because if it is, it'll be a game changer, literally

That's a very large change that would have to come within the scope of the FLA. Would be possible if I worked on it. I have no plan for this. 

• Like 3
HzanRsxa2959

Hey guys. Progress is going well on the new version. Just adding the final touches, and I am confused about the different limit adjusters.

To keep compatibility, I have studied some limits and created this table:

GAME        | OLA                               | FLA
===================================================================================================
anim / hier | ClumpModels                       | Hier Objects
cars        | VehicleModels                     | Vehicle Models
objs        | AtomicModels / DamageAtomicModels | IDE Objects Type 1 / IDE Objects Type 2
peds        | PedModels                         | Ped Models
tobj        | TimeModels                        | Timed Objects
weap        | WeaponModels                      | Weapon Models
object.dat  | ???                               | Object info entries
COLFILE     | ColModel                          | ColModels

I would appreciate it if someone could confirm its accuracy as well as fill the missing values.

EDIT:

Any help, @ThirteenAG and @fastman92?

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
  • Like 2
fastman92
17 hours ago, HzanRsxa2959 said:

Hey guys. Progress is going well on the new version. Just adding the final touches, and I am confused about the different limit adjusters.

To keep compatibility, I have studied some limits and created this table:

GAME        | OLA                               | FLA
===================================================================================================
anim / hier | ClumpModels                       | Hier Objects
cars        | VehicleModels                     | Vehicle Models
objs        | AtomicModels / DamageAtomicModels | IDE Objects Type 1 / IDE Objects Type 2
peds        | PedModels                         | Ped Models
tobj        | TimeModels                        | Timed Objects
weap        | WeaponModels                      | Weapon Models
object.dat  | ???                               | Object info entries
COLFILE     | ColModel                          | ColModels

I would appreciate it if someone could confirm its accuracy as well as fill the missing values.

EDIT:

Any help, @ThirteenAG and @fastman92?

Seems good.

You might also want to see the FLA documentation.

Edited by fastman92
  • Like 3
HzanRsxa2959

I will do that, thanks for the help.

Everyone: I just discovered a nasty bug- when saving with a custom weapon, the other entities aren't saved (with AutoID's custom save system). I am trying to fix it; it's just that debugging with SCM is slow.

EDIT:

Fixed!

It was caused by the wait command not being supported in CLEO+ events.

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
  • Like 1
HzanRsxa2959

2.1 Released!

• Note: fastman92 Limit Adjuster is not required, but highly recommended, as it will make no changes having it installed by itself; changes will be made by mods (changes made automatically by AutoID are only done so if necessary, and reverted when not needed). You can even install it inside Mod Loader!
  • Added support for editing the fastman92limitAdjuster_GTASA.ini file. Now there is no need to configure fastman92 Limit Adjuster!
  • Added loading and saving support for clothes. Now any clothes adapted to AutoID will not be saved in the game.
  • Added entities (Peds, Vehicles, Objects, Weapons, Combos, Clothes) now automatically edit the fastman92limitAdjuster_GTASA.ini with appropriate values. (Taking care if Open Limit Adjuster is installed as well.)
  • Added section "FLA:" with line format "key;value" to add to FLA ini values.
  • Added section "FLB:" with line format "key" to enable FLA ini values.
  • Added section "FLC:" with line format "key;value" to change FLA ini values. If the same value is changed more than once, then the highest value will be used.
  • Note: In the above three sections, adding a "@" sign in the beginning of the line will make it only change it in the fastman92limitAdjuster_GTASA.ini if Open Limit Adjuster is not installed.
  • "Count of killable model IDs" is changed to half of the model ID limit (modifiable by "FILE_TYPE_DFF", but requires FLA to be installed outside Mod Loader).
  • Now the CLEO script is manually loaded from AutoID.lua directory\AutoID\AutoID.s.
  • Below are the ini values for each added entity AutoID will change in fastman92limitAdjuster_GTASA.ini (note the "@" sign in the beginning of some lines):
Spoiler

Peds:

#requires "_" to be the first character of the .auid file name

FLA:
@Ped Models;1

FLC:
Pedgrp peds per group;210

Vehicles:

#requires "^" to be the first character of the .auid file name

FLA:
@Vehicle Models;1
Number of standard lines;1

#requires "b" to be the second character of the .auid file name
Number of bike lines;1

#requires "f" to be the second character of the .auid file name
Number of flying lines;1

#requires "w" to be the second character of the .auid file name
Number of boat lines;1

FLB:
Accept any ID for car generator
Make paintjobs work for any ID
Apply handling.cfg patch
Enable vehicle audio loader

FLC:
Cargrp cars per group;63
Vehicle colors;255

Objects:

#requires "$", "'", "&", "%", "_", or "^" to not be the first character of the .auid file name

FLA:
#requires "&" to not be the third character of the .auid file name
@ColModels;1

#requires "$", "'", "&", "%", "_", "^", "`", "+", or "-" to not be the first character of the .auid file name
@IDE Objects Type 1;1

#requires "`" to be the first character of the .auid file name
@IDE Objects Type 2;1

#requires "+" to be the first character of the .auid file name
@Timed Objects;1

#requires "-" to be the first character of the .auid file name
@Hier Objects;1

#requires "." to be the second character of the .auid file name
Object info entries;1

Weapons:

#requires "&" to be the first character of the .auid file name

FLA:
@Weapon Models;1

FLB:
Enable weapon type loader

FLC:
Weapon type loader, number of type IDs;255

Combos:

#requires "%" to be the first character of the .auid file name

FLB:
Enable melee combo type loader

FLC:
Enable melee combo type loader;255

Clothes:

#requires "'" to be the first character of the .auid file name

FLA:
Clothes directory;1

• Fixed a bug where saving the game with the player having a weapon adapted to AutoID would prevent all other AutoID entities from being saved using AutoID's custom save system.

Adapted Mods:

• SAMP Objects: Updated for use with AutoID 2.1.
  • Modern Beach House: Updated for use with AutoID 2.1.

Video tutorial on how to install AutoID 2.1 will be available shortly.

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
  • Like 1
HzanRsxa2959

Update 2.1.1:

• Added support for non-collision object (e.g. weapon) models (ColModels in FLA ini will not be increased). Use by setting the third character of the .auid file to "&".

Installation instructions are the same as 2.1. Only the .lua file has been modified; replace the "AutoID.lua" file with the one from this version for a quick update.

HzanRsxa2959

Update 2.1.2:

• Fixed a critical bug not increasing FLA standard handling lines for every handling type.

Installation instructions are the same as 2.1. Only the .lua file has been modified; replace the "AutoID.lua" file with the one from this version for a quick update.

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
HzanRsxa2959

Update 2.1.3:

• Fixed the AutoID sections "FLB:" and "FLC:" not working correctly.

I hope this is the last update. No promises, though.

HzanRsxa2959

Update 2.1.4

• Updated script version.
  • Added license for MoonAdditions.
  • Chose and added the MIT license for AutoID.

Installation instructions are the same as 2.1. Delete the previous version of AutoID and install this one.

This is the final version. From now on, I will only fix critical bugs.

I will be getting a new HDD (soon, I hope), after which I will install Plugin-SDK and start working on a new version of AutoID: The next version, 3.0, will be in ASI.

Edited by HzanRsxa2959
HzanRsxa2959
9 hours ago, Pedro2737 said:

incompatible with the moonloader outside the modloader

Yeah, that's a bug I'm certainly confused about. Well, currently, it's out of my debugging capabilities. If someone does find a solution, please post it here!

Remember to leave the task of finding the free weapon ID up to the FLA:

gta_sa_weapon_config.dat says:

#    A:        int weaponTypeID, can be -1 to find first free ID

• Like 1