4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Role Expansion Concepts

aaronBLUEeyes

aaronBLUEeyes

I just submitted feedback to Rockstar via: RDO Feedback for some role expansion ideas that I’d like to share with the community.

ajs3ues0n8g41.jpg
Prestigious Collector: 10 Rank expansion adding panning for gold & silver ore that can be sold to a NEW NPC that accepts raw ore in exchange for money and conversion to spendable gold bars at an exchange rate.

Tool ideas, Pennington Pan — to use in panning for silver & gold at bodies of water, Pennington Pick — to be used when a shovel isn’t enough, Bucket — to haul water for dig sites further away from streams and ponds to pan with. Metal detector & shovel can be used as well.

HDZvFJiHQzcoehV2agAUy9.jpg

Prestigious Moonshiner: 10 Rank expansion for Moonshining. Prestigious Moonshiners can craft individual bottled tonics of their brews to take with them on-the-go and sell current batches via bottles to players visiting their bar. 

Moonshiners can open their Moonshine Shacks for players to see on the map and freely walk into so they can purchase tonics. Earnings from player sales are added to a NEW Moonshine Safe where we can collect money at will similar to GtaOnline nightclub safes.

55878977-1579653221.jpg

Prestigious Naturalist: 10 Rank expansion for Prestigious Naturalist to gain the ability to train their camp dogs to adventure with them in hunting expeditions and to track bounty targets. This will include tracking & hunting techniques; tricks & emotes; dog customization & cosmetics.

Prestigious Naturalists will also be able to commune with nature in a deeper and more meaningful way thru new teachings from Harriet to expand Vitalism Studies.

y10bGQz_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
Prestigious Trader: 10 Rank expansion adding taxidermy to Cripps skill tree allowing higher quality and thus higher valued goods to be produced and sold. Additionally, greater camp customization letting Cripps craft bespoke items for players to display taxidermy trophies around the camp based on their hunting exploits.

Edited by aaronBLUEeyes
  • Like 7
AmyStone

That doesn't sound like an expansion. It sounds like a whole new role. I don't think it would fit with any of the roles we have now. Collector is just about going around picking things up. Getting gold seems like a thing you would have to spend time doing. Almost like a trader role where you invest in materials and labour and you end up with some gold you can try to sell or deliver to the bank. But I don't think it would fit in with the current camp. So it's not a bad idea but I think it does need a new gold prospector role.

• Like 3
aaronBLUEeyes

I initially thought about suggesting a Stand Alone Prospector Role, but we have Metal Detector and Pennington Shovel within our Collector Role’s tools so it made more sense to expand Collector Role to include those tools with new tools for Prospecting.

I’d be happy if Rockstar did either. 

*Dang now you got me re-thinking the concept. Maybe just have the Pick be used for Prospecting, add a mule or donkey for hauling gear and ore so it can be it’s own role. But maybe let players use Metal Detector and Shovel from Collector as optional tools. 

Edited by aaronBLUEeyes
  • Like 1
StyxTx
54 minutes ago, aaronBLUEeyes said:

I just submitted feedback to Rockstar via: RDO Feedback for some role expansion ideas that I’d like to share with the community.

ajs3ues0n8g41.jpg
Prestigious Collector: 10 Rank expansion adding panning for gold & silver ore that can be sold to a NEW NPC that accepts raw ore in exchange for money and conversion to spendable gold bars at an exchange rate.

Tool ideas, Pennington Pan — to use in panning for silver & gold at bodies of water, Pennington Pick — to be used when a shovel isn’t enough, Bucket — to haul water for dig sites further away from streams and ponds to pan with. Metal detector & shovel can be used as well.

HDZvFJiHQzcoehV2agAUy9.jpg

Prestigious Moonshiner: 10 Rank expansion for Moonshining. Prestigious Moonshiners can craft individual bottled tonics of their brews to take with them on-the-go and sell current batches via bottles to players visiting their bar. 

Moonshiners can open their Moonshine Shacks for players to see on the map and freely walk into so they can purchase tonics. Earnings from player sales are added to a NEW Moonshine Safe where we can collect money at will similar to GtaOnline nightclub safes.

55878977-1579653221.jpg

Prestigious Naturalist: 10 Rank expansion for Prestigious Naturalist to gain the ability to train their camp dogs to adventure with them in hunting expeditions and to track bounty targets. This will include tracking & hunting techniques; tricks & emotes; dog customization & cosmetics.

Prestigious Naturalists will also be able to commune with nature in a deeper and more meaningful way thru new teachings from Harriet to expand Vitalism Studies.

y10bGQz_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
Prestigious Trader: 10 Rank expansion adding taxidermy to Cripps skill tree allowing higher quality and thus higher valued goods to be produced and sold. Additionally, greater camp customization letting Cripps craft bespoke items for players to display taxidermy trophies around the camp based on their hunting exploits.

*Apologies for crappy type treatments, it’s difficult to format post on my tablet. I’ll update copy later today so it’s white not black and all the same size.

We should all send them a suggestion to have them put you on the payroll as director of the creativity department.

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
*Lola
2 hours ago, StyxTx said:

We should all send them a suggestion to have them put you on the payroll as director of the creativity department.

In payment they give him 10 tonics, 10 chewing tobaccos, 10 Thyme, 10 Oregano, Treasure map and a coupon for a free hat.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 5
StyxTx
2 hours ago, *Lola said:

In payment they give him 10 tonics, 10 chewing tobaccos, 10 Thyme, 10 Oregano, Treasure map and a coupon for a free hat.

Very good! 😂

• Like 3
Krommer

They are probably already doing

prestigious collector

prestigious trader

prestigious moonshiner,

their own silly ways  ;)

Also, they don't really seem to pay attention to what players say they want.

8 hours ago, *Lola said:

Lols!!!  ;)

OMG:

aaronBLUEeyes

"Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT"

!!!! I LOVE Venture Bros. Was so disappointed to learn there won't be another season  =/

Only Seven Seasons in 17 years, but I LOVED every second of it!

Edited by Krommer
  • Like 3
aaronBLUEeyes

Yeah it sucks the plug was pulled on the final season(s) — my friends and I love that show!

I anticipate roll expansions across the board, but felt it was worth sharing with Rockstar — maybe a nugget or two will be considered.

4eyedcoupe

I would like any mooshiner expansion to include gaming tables in my shack.  I imagine illegal card games in a backroom, maybe the house gets a cut?

• Like 2
Rev. Gnash

In 1898, an infamous moonshiner named Mahala Mullins, died.

THE MEXICAN HERALD  
September 18, 1898
-----------------------------
COULD NOT ARREST HER
----------------
Famous Moonshiner Dead. Defied Law Officers From A Mountain Top
------------
Knoxville, Tenn Sept 17

News has just been reached here of the death of Mahala Mullins, the famous fat woman and moonshiner of Hancock County. Mrs Mullins weighed 500 pounds and lived on top of a mountain, where she conducted a "still" in defiance of the law.  The officers were unable to arrest her on account of her size, there being no way to get her down the mountain.  Mrs. Mullins is one of a tribe of Melungeons who's origins have been a mystery to ethnological students for many years.

http://www.historical-melungeons.com/mmullins.html

Imagine Maggie asking, you to assist someone like Mahala Mullins. Helping to defend her mountain lair from an army of Revenue Agents.

Moonshiner could give us "survival gameplay".

• Like 4
Krommer

" It is reported that she was poisoned by envious makers of illicit whiskey."

Wow, so that is where they get Maggie wanting us to do that. (Mahala Mullins, posted above.)

Ahaha, I like how the different articles, in the link, have her ranging in weight from a more likely "400 pounds" to as much as an insane "700" pounds.

Guess they didn't have things back then like strong paramedics, or "stretchers", like the guys used who took my obese aunt out of her house (who later died of obesity.)

Edited by Krommer
Buddy Hightower

Please God, no more roles!

1. Expand on the overall story.
  2. Add more stranger missions and balance the payouts.
  3. Add group multi-player activities such as heists.
  • Like 2
aaronBLUEeyes

I personally like the roles, but also would like to see DLC content featuring:

• Heists: Bank, Train, or Stage Coach Robberies & Massive Hidden Treasure
  • Map Expansion to Mexico w/ NEW narrative-based story missions
  • Gun Dual Min-games with Players and NPCs
  • More gambling opportunities: Liars Dice, Black Jack, Dominoes and Horse Shoes

The first two points are robust concepts that will take allot of development time.

The role expansions are a good stop-gap of content in combination with Outlaw Passes to build while something like heists are being designed.

• Like 2
Direwrath

I'd love for them to add more to the roles we have, and to give us more jobs to do, but I also want them to enhance the world. More NPC/Stranger character types, definitely more free roam random encounters, anything that can give the world more life and actually make it reactive to our characters.

If I'm playing an outlaw I want the NPC's to react to my character that way, when he rides into town I want them to stare in fear or whisper about how bad of a man he is. I want an NPC to call him out, start a fight with him, threaten to turn him into the authorities. If he's been on the good spectrum I want the NPC's to favor him, maybe make the shops of certain towns give a discount for goods for their help.

I want bank robberies to happen, either from my own character's doing or the attempts of NPC characters that I can intercept and either help for a portion of the payout. That or I can kill them all and take the money for myself, or maybe stop the whole thing before it gets out of hand, save the lives of the people and their money, and thus be the pride of the town. With each scenario you get a different outcome, and a change in the environment that gives my character different opportunities in the world. Seriously I want the world to push back at me so that I do not have to rely on other players to give me that feeling of being able to roleplay my character.

The roles are appreciated, and I love playing the bounty hunter, but they are just so limited and lacking of long term playability. I think the roles should have always been the "side missions" of the game and the world itself should have been the main point all along.

We should have been given a fleshed out environment that can be fulfilling without having to rely on small roles to keep us entertained.

That said you have some really cool ideas @aaronBLUEeyes  R* really needs to listen to ideas like these. 😁

• Like 2
aaronBLUEeyes

Yeah, I like the notion of NPCs reacting to our morality scale... do they do so at all as of now?

One thing that’s always bothered me is the lack of NPCs in enterable buildings like farms, homesteads and even the mansions in Saint Dennis.

Would be much more of a living world if there was an RNG system in-place rolling different encounter types when entering a small house for example:

• Find a single person inside
  • Find multiple people inside, like a family
  • Find a dog inside
  • Find an outlaw inside
  • Find building is empty, but maybe someone will return whilst you’re there

These different encounters could have a variety of reactions, from timid to hostile like a husband pulls-out his double barrel shotgun and has his hunting dog with him because they just came back from hunting and he starts blasting at you the second you enter the dwelling.

Or a timid family cowers and says please don’t hurt us take what you want.

Another reaction could be an initially friendly encounter that goes violent because they welcome you to their house, even offer you food — but then you start looting and they warn you to stop and get into melee combat with you, whilst their family becomes a whiteness and runs to get the law.

I can also picture a situation where you enter, and like random NPCs on the street, they ask for you to help them in someway by doing a free-roam mission.

Lastly, maybe you enter a house that has a guard dog, and the dog growls and immediately attacks you defending it’s home!

I would love to have a system like this added, it would make morality and risk vs reward more interesting, some players will be less inclined to rob a house blind if an entire family is present.

• Like 4
Direwrath

There was one day that I actually had some of the NPCs mention about my character being in jail. Namely the bartender at the Saloon and the store clerk Herbert Moon in Armadillo. I wished my character could have responded back.

Spoiler

I only had a $2 bounty at the time so I doubt it had anything to do with that, my honor was at or near max, and I had not intentionally attacked any NPC before this all took place. But both NPC's mentioned it and the man at the station gave a small remark about it as well. None of the other NPCs made any mention of it outside of Armadillo though. 

• Like 1
Krommer
3 hours ago, aaronBLUEeyes said:

Yeah, I like the notion of NPCs reacting to our morality scale... do they do so at all as of now?

Only the "band leader" piano player lady at the Moonshiner shack; wasn't sure what she was referring to at first, but then I figured out it was my max honor.

"I ain't ready to be as good as you are"

"putting us all to shame"

stuff like that.

She says it when you approach her, before playing in the band/requesting that the band plays, or anything.

So at first I thought she was talking about me making moonshine, or playing in the band or something, then I

figured out she must be talking about my max honor.

I've only been max honorable, so I just tried to look up what she says if you are max dishonor (but could not find it.)

Edited by Krommer
djb204

On 1/13/2021 at 10:50 PM, Krommer said:

They are probably already doing

prestigious collector

prestigious trader

prestigious moonshiner

Sadly, you are probably right. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for giving existing roles some love, but based on the Outlaw Pass 5 leaks, it looks like the next update is focused on a Trader expansion, and it isn’t until March.

So if these role expansions are what’s on Rockstar’s agenda to RDO, it looks like they are gonna be drip fed to us at a slow rate. These expansions will cover all of 2021 at 3 months apart. I’d prefer additional roles instead personally.

Edited by djb204
StyxTx
4 hours ago, djb204 said:

Sadly, you are probably right. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for giving existing roles some love, but based on the Outlaw Pass 5 leaks, it looks like the next update is focused on a Trader expansion, and it isn’t until March.

So if these role expansions are what’s on Rockstar’s agenda to RDO, it looks like they are gonna be drip fed to us at a slow rate. These expansions will cover all of 2021 at 3 months apart. I’d prefer additional roles instead personally.

So much for the hope of a "better" 2021. Just more of the same old sh*t.

• Like 1
aaronBLUEeyes

I think we’ll see Role Expansions for 2021 then a larger DLC either December or first quarter 2022.