1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why does many people here in GTAForums hated GTA 5?

JaeDan 101

2 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

You are, just look at how disgruntled that made you, you even went back to your old "disgruntled, fractional minority" narrative. I didn't even try to get under your skin then either. 

That's only because you're confusing mocking you and your disgruntled little minority with getting under my skin.

Didn't I say in my original comment that this is what you were implying? You just confirmed it well done. 

I'm not judging, though. If you guys want to keep whinging, crying, & bitching about a game that came out almost 8 years ago, I may mock you a little for it, but I don't judge. lol Its all in fun at this point.

Doesn't mean you're not gonna construct some narrative to cope you mean. 

Coping, mocking. You say tomato. What you don't realize is that this is fun for me. Not something that upsets me or requires coping. You guys are pretty hilarious, if I'm honest.

Whatever helps you cope my disgruntled old friend. And GTAO is not a testament to V at all seeing as it is a completely different friggin' game.

It is a completely different mode, but the same game. Same basic mechanics. Same map. Same world. Even overlapping characters, my butthurt IV Fetishist friend.

These provoking comments make you look triggered. And i've made great effort to keep my last few comments to you as low on the triggering scale as I can. 

That's only because you are so unhappy to have your fractional minority views challenged by reality, and you think that my mocking you is somehow indicative of my emotional state. It's called projection. See, I have nothing to be butthurt about. I have the game I want, the online mode I want, and a forum of whinging IV Fetishists to play with. It's like Christmas morning for me whenever you guys start in.

I've barely been on here in the past months.

Who're you trying to convince? I am genuinely happy for you that you can enjoy V as much as you do. If I somehow had the ability to remove your enjoyment of it and make you hate V and adore IV, I would not do it.

Awww that's mighty nice of you, honey! :) And if I could somehow magically make you happy with V and GTAO and remove your IV love, I wouldn't either. Ah, we're all so tolerant, aren't we? It's like some liberal love fest in here. We're really bonding now.

I'll be honest I haven't touched online in years. It's more the Saints Row crap that i've seen that makes me think it is sh*t. I am sure GTAO can be good besides that crap. Either way it's GTAO, not GTA V, and you really shouldn't conflate the two since GTAO has a fundamentally different structure than V. 

I think what you're missing is that GTAO and GTA V are connected experiences. In your defense, I didn't realize this myself until I actually tried it. I was a stubborn holdout, resenting Online because of Rockstar's appalling  abandonment of SP in V. But playing Online now, I realize that there is an organic connection between the two, and they go hand in hand. I suppose what you said above about them being different games in a way bears some further thought. But when I play GTAO, I am playing GTA V, only without the V story (which you should love by the way LMAO) and with a helluva lot more toys. It's hard to make the case, though, that they are completely different games. Different modes in the same game? Sure. Completely different games? No, not really, at least I don't think so. Same map, same gameplay mechanics, but a lot more stuff going on in Online.

The aggression in this...

Anyway I don't need to prove V's an inferior story, it's a common consensus whilst IV's story is equally as commonly praised, even by many players who prefer V as a game. 

More aggression...people like me huh?

Again, you are confusing whimsical mocking with aggression. But I am also making a serious point. You seem to conflate your opinion with empirical fact, particularly about writing and story. Then you act as if "people like me" are like low brow V fans who can't comprehend or understand the wonderful seriousness of IV and its associated fetishism. You can't have it both ways. You can't accuse me of being aggressive, while you continually post nonsense that holds yourself above V fans who are, in your estimation, sort of "lesser" fans with "lesser tastes" willing to settle for what you categorize as a "lesser game." Your every comment in this regard is laced with pejorative intent. I mean, it's fine. It makes me smile to see that you're as pompous about your personal tastes  now as you were a few years back.

Just stop being a hypocrite. You don't get to accuse me of aggression when you can't even see your way past equating your tastes with "objective" fact whenever we discuss this topic. lol

Yeah I can see why some players were turned away by RDR2 as well, it's definitely a slow burner. Sucks that you didn't get to appreciate it. In fact it sucks overall that games like V must be compromised in order to cater to players who can't appreciate games like RDR2. 

I got to appreciate it. I just didn't. Slow and boring not my thing. Plus westerns really don't hold my interest. Like I said, I don't blame Rockstar. It was an impulse buy. And luckily awesome games like V can be elevated to a much higher level because they don't need to be constrained by plodding, boring, methodical IV-like gameplay and odorous, hack story telling. It's great to see that Rockstar learned from their 2008 mistakes and are now using the RDR franchise to have a lackluster gameplay framework. I can't speak to the storytelling in RDR2, since I didn't play it long enough. So I can't say whether or not it is as boring and uninteresting as a story as IV. I'll leave it to you to decide if its story was any good.

You love being overpowered. Once again, a problem that doesn't bother you, i'm not misreading anything. You've only highlighted the flaw of V there, you're right you really don't need anything more than a few guns and a few hundred rounds for each battle. That there is a problem with the balancing that you don't care about. In IV you will get your butt handed to you if you tried to tackle later missions without full ammo for your powerful guns unless you had memorised the game perfectly. In V, I think you can just blind fire and kill everything for most shooting sections it's so accurate and you have so much ammo. The game practically plays itself. 

You can't just go to Ammunation mid-mission though or in the middle of a fight with the cops. 

But as I said, you're not really overpowered in V. Because I have never been in a situation in V or in GTAO where I ever needed more than a few hundred bullets in a mission or to deal with some pain i the ass griefer. Maybe if I was a griefer by nature, and liked to try and ruin other people's day, the sheer amount of ammo would effect my game. But it never has in 7+ years. The addition of all that ammo, for me at least, has never been more than window dressing. Same with the 3D Era GTA games. You could hold 5 or 10 thousand rounds of all your weapons in those games, yet I never needed even a fraction of that.

As for fighting with cops, that is a non issue for me anyway. The reason is that in both GTA IV and GTA V I kind of lost my taste for that. I don't like the wanted system in either game. Well, let me re phrase that. Law enforcement is fine in both games, if your goal is just to finish a mission and move on to the next thing. Maybe if I was still into that sort of thing in GTA V I might agree with you. But I generally only fight the cops when I have to, then just do what I need to in order to lose my wanted level.

So "Wanting to be overpowered" has nothing to do with it. Since I have never needed to use more than a small amount of ammo for any GTAO or V mission, and I really don't spend a lot of time fighting the cops just for the sake of it, the way I used to do with 3D Era GTA games.

V has basically no significance to its stats. What? I don't want too much RPG crap, i'm just saying if you're gonna include it then develop it properly. That goes for weapon stats too, they're throwaway and you don't need to look at them. The stats fall under minutia for me anyway, but it does add to the feeling of the game being rushed in places. 

I agree with this, but it has never really been much of an issue in GTA. Rockstar doesn't really go the extra mile in stats. They did it more in San Andreas, to be sure, but even that game didn't feel very satisfying to upgrade the weapons. Sure, double wielding uzi's and pistols was good for the lulz. But while SA is better at it than V, IV didn't have it at all. But by all means, if you can convince Rockstar to go a little more RPG with GTA VI, then so be it. And this is one area where you and I agree. I don't want all the RPG crap either, but let's be clear, leveling up stats and weapons really is pretty heavy in the RPG elements. So by all means, write your congressman write to Rockstar and ask them to implement better RPG elements like this in the next GTA. You have my approval and my vote on it. Still I am kind of glad V has it, such as it is. IV didn't even have that much.

It downgraded more than it upgraded hence the general consensus on it. 

It upgraded more than it downgraded, hence the small, fractional minority of IV fetishists whinging & bitching the past 7+ years.

As i've said, I haven't played GTAO enough, but those are pros for that, not GTA V. And I do consider critical reviews and sales to be significant btw. GTA IV is responsible V's great initial sales just as SA was for IV's. GTAO is solely responsible for V's continued sales but hearing the squeakers and seeing the modders and greifers that are on there i'm not convinced those sales are indicative of quality. 

Initial sales do not equate to feverish love for the game and incredible critical reviews across the board for V. As for modders and griefers, that is one thing that really does muck up the experience. I can handle griefers, but I also find it to be really annoying when I am trying to do heist preps, sales of coke, meth, bunker, night club goods, counterfeit, weed, and docs, or sell goods from my many warehouses, when griefers rear their ugly heads. As much as I love my Oppressor MK II, it is sickening how many griefers rely on it to annoy the s**t out of people for no other reason than to get their fun from trying to ruin a fellow players day. It is what it is, and I take the good with the bad with GTAO. Sometimes with a griefer, you just have to give them a bloody nose to make them go away.

Modders I haven't had to deal with since I have GTA V on PC but only play GTAO on my PS4.

Edited by ChiroVette
  • excuseme 1
1 minute ago, ChiroVette said:

That's only because you're confusing mocking you and your disgruntled little minority with getting under my skin.

K.

I'm not judging, though. If you guys want to keep whinging, crying, & bitching about a game that came out almost 8 years ago, I may mock you a little for it, but I don't judge. lol Its all in fun at this point.

Just as long as you know you're the only one here who thinks you're mocking anyone. 

It is a completely different mode, but the same game. Same basic mechanics. Same map. Same world.

Completely different structure. Using GTAO to defend V only serves to highlight the fact that V cannot stand alone. 

And if I could somehow magically make you happy with V and GTAO and remove your IV love, I wouldn't either. Ah, we're all so tolerant, aren't we? It's like some liberal love fest in here. We're really bonding now.

*shudders*

I suppose what you said above about them being different games in a way bears some further thought. But when I play GTAO, I am playing GTA V, only without the V story (which you should love by the way LMAO) and with a helluva lot more toys. It's hard to make the case, though, that they are completely different games. Different modes in the same game? Sure. Completely different games? No, not really, at least I don't think so. Same map, same gameplay mechanics, but a lot more stuff going on in Online.

No, you're playing GTAO which has a wealth of content that V does not. Sharing of basic mechanics means nothing when those mechanics are put to much greater use in GTAO.

Again, you are confusing whimsical mocking with aggression.

K.

But I am also making a serious point. You seem to conflate your opinion with empirical fact, particularly about writing and story. Then you act as if "people like me" are like low brow V fans who can't comprehend or understand the wonderful seriousness of IV and its associated fetishism.

Nah i'm well over the "you don't get it" stuff. I realise that was disingenuous (though I do think it applies for at least some players on account of my own initial experience with IV, as a young teenager, I just didn't get the story because I didn't pay attention, I was too busy thinking the city sucked for being too samey, the lack of planes sucked and generally just viewing it similarly to a typical SA fanboy). For most IV detractors I think the more realistic gameplay prevented them from even acknowledging the story adequately. 

You can't have it both ways. You can't accuse me of being aggressive, while you continually post nonsense

You wish it was nonsense.

Just stop being a hypocrite. You don't get to accuse me of aggression when you can't even see your way past equating your tastes with "objective" fact whenever we discuss this topic. 

I'm not being a hypocrite. You were aggressive, nothing I said invited the remarks about IV or fans of it being "fetishists" that you made when I said that referencing highly rated works was a feeble attempt at proving that you know what good writing and acting is in order to discredit IVs. 

I got to appreciate it. I just didn't. Slow and boring not my thing. Plus westerns really don't hold my interest. Like I said, I don't blame Rockstar. It was an impulse buy. And luckily awesome games like V can be elevated to a much higher level because they don't need to be constrained by plodding, boring, methodical IV-like gameplay and odorous, hack story telling. It's great to see that Rockstar learned from their 2008 mistakes and are now using the RDR franchise to have a lackluster gameplay framework. I can't speak to the storytelling in RDR2, since I didn't play it long enough. So I can't say whether or not it is as boring and uninteresting as a story as IV. I'll leave it to you to decide if its story was any good.

Weak bait. 

But as I said, you're not really overpowered in V.

LMAO. 

As for fighting with cops, that is a non issue for me anyway.

Lol what isn't a non-issue for you? 

Law enforcement is fine in both games, if your goal is just to finish a mission and move on to the next thing. Maybe if I was still into that sort of thing in GTA V I might agree with you. But I generally only fight the cops when I have to, then just do what I need to in order to lose my wanted level.

Law enforcement is serviceable at best in V. The cop AI is one of the most common complaints about V. Anyway, yet another problem you just don't mind.

So "Wanting to be overpowered" has nothing to do with it. Since I have never needed to use more than a small amount of ammo for any GTAO or V mission, and I really don't spend a lot of time fighting the cops just for the sake of it, the way I used to do with 3D Era GTA games.

You're missing the point which is that the game lacks any reasonable balancing. You said you love the feeling of carrying all the ammo, that tells me you like being overpowered. I also don't need more than a single gun and a handful of ammo - that's the effing problem (as long as i'm careful with the AI's improbable accuracy). But obviously this is a non-issue for you. 

I agree with this, but it has never really been much of an issue in GTA. Rockstar doesn't really go the extra mile in stats. They did it more in San Andreas, to be sure, but even that game didn't feel very satisfying to upgrade the weapons.

It was a first attempt and the improvements were enough for the time. V really has no excuses. Rather not have it than have it half-baked.

It upgraded more than it downgraded, hence the small, fractional minority of IV fetishists whinging & bitching the past 7+ years.

General consensus says otherwise. 

As much as I love my Oppressor MK II

*shudders*

On 1/13/2021 at 6:19 PM, B Dawg said:

Graphics are not important

So if GTA IV is on 640x480 resolution with glitched textures and its 2D would you will still play it?

Western Gunslinger

my god this forum is so f*cking obsessed bringing GTA IV or GTA V into any thread just to stir up trouble

• Like 3
On 1/17/2021 at 3:16 AM, Fake Lilina said:

That probably made him create this topic.

well yea, that's one of the reasons why I created this thread

On 1/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, Niobium said:

the amount of ugly supercars

You just said that because you love this:

Pin on Bikes,Bikers and Biker history,SFFS81...

And not this:

GTA 5 - Pegassi Zentorno Customization! | Gta cars, Gta 5, Gta 5 online

Your a TLAD fan and supercars aren't your thing

That is the one that makes you say "tHE AmoUnT oF ugLy SUpercARs"

• KEKW 2

Well, I liked GTA 5 but it doesn't mean that I can't criticize its shortcomings. For example, one of the reasons I dislike it is because it didn't add the roleplaying elements such as GTA SA's stats and the vigilante side missions that I was expecting.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, zyenapz said:

vigilante side missions that I was expecting.

I don't know why Rockstar didn't put vigilante missions in GTA 5

This thread is getting a bit popular btw

On 2/20/2021 at 4:47 AM, Niobium said:

another dumbass added to my ignored list.

@Niobium here we go again, just like what you did to @universetwisters. You loved Johnny so much and you add people who hates Johnny in your ignore list

That's just a f*cking giphy

@Cheatz/Trickz, I love these little discussions of ours, but let's be honest. After a few rounds, they begin to get disruptive in a public forum, and this one has long since passed that. Kind of like in real life, arguing in public with people and everyone stands around uncomfortable trying to look away. Anyway, I formulated yet another point by point response to your above post, which clearly would have been the impetus for you to respond in kind, which would have then caused me to do the same. Look, this has been fun. It really has. I enjoy these back and forth trading of veiled jibes and insults, clever little character assassinations, and the verbal sparring. Always have. But to say this discussion has run its course would be an understatement.

Soooooooo in the spirit of some forum harmony I deleted the next installment of the point by point. Sad, too, because we really were just getting started. Seriously, this is not right for us to do this in the forum. As fun as it is, there is nothing productive about it, nor does it further anything remotely resembling discussion and discourse. BUT I am also mindful of the fact that most people are intellectually dishonest, and when they say, "Dude, let's just agree to disagree!" what they really mean is they want YOU to stop because they want the last word. So, in that same spirit of harmony, I wanted you to know that I get it. lol we completely disagree about IV, V, and probably if I'm truly honest, we would probably argue about what the meaning of up and down is, if I had to guess.

So let's agree to disagree. But so you don't think I am underhandedly trying to get the last word, you should feel free to get in any last zingers and posts in under the radar with impunity. Because as much fun as this is for you and I, the only way this toxic s**t ends if if at least one person stops. You'll never convince me either that V is "stripped down" or "Objectively mostly worse than IV" and I am never going to convince you that "V is miles and miles ahead of IV in every meaningful way." So I will keep enjoying V and GTAO for the masterpiece it is, and you keep enjoying whatever masterpieces you feel you're playing.

Then we can actually get back on topic, and other people here don't have to see our eyesore-posts with a hundred quotes and responses each.

Edited by ChiroVette
  • KEKW 1
1 hour ago, JaeDan 101 said:

And not this:

Your logic falls on its ass here. I hate sports cars because there's too many of them in V/Online, they all look and handle the same. I love chopper bikes because I always liked them, I'm not a huge fan of TLAD and I don't think it brought justice to many bikes. I'm sorry if I sound weird or rude or something, but I just hate how people go like "you like choppers and don't like sports cars so you are a TLAD fanboy, go suck Johnny's circumcised dick" lmao.

Also, I won't lie, I'm surprised how the two of you who make these humongous argument posts put so much dedication into them. I don't know if everyone wants to read such long paragraphs though. I do appreciate Santander's opinion a lot though. There is nothing new that can be brought to the table. V imo should have been released later on and never even on PS3/Xbox 360 and the story should have been polished up, I can't help but think it's in a beta state. IV's story also has its shortcomings though, by the second half of the game Niko runs errand boy for everyone and the motivation is mostly "money". I think additional story DLCs for IV could help mend some plotholes (no offence but TLAD and TBOGT on its own, without IV, stand pretty weak and brought even more plotholes to the table) and having V released later could fix a lot of things. But there's not much we can do at this moment :c

3 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

And not this:

actually, i drive cars a lot more often than i ride bikes in TLAD free roam.

2 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

@Niobium here we go again, just like what you did to @universetwisters. You loved Johnny so much and you add people who hates Johnny in your ignore list

That's just a f*cking giphy

i don't block people just because they don't like johnny. if i did, my ignored list would be a lot bigger

Edited by Niobium

Soooooooo in the spirit of some forum harmony I deleted the next installment of the point by point. Sad, too, because we really were just getting started.

Shame that. It may have been the one where you made an objective argument but i'll guess we'll never know. 😆

Seriously, this is not right for us to do this in the forum. As fun as it is, there is nothing productive about it, nor does it further anything remotely resembling discussion and discourse. BUT I am also mindful of the fact that most people are intellectually dishonest, and when they say, "Dude, let's just agree to disagree!" what they really mean is they want YOU to stop because they want the last word. So, in that same spirit of harmony, I wanted you to know that I get it. lol we completely disagree about IV, V, and probably if I'm truly honest, we would probably argue about what the meaning of up and down is, if I had to guess.

I'll agree that you simply prefer the more casual approach of V because it is more pick up and play friendly like SA and opens up faster, even though in order to be this way i.e. more casual, certain features had to be objectively downgraded to be made more accessible which you've said you don't mind. I'll also agree that you acknowledge V requires far fewer brain cells to enjoy, though not to say that you or any V fan lacks those necessary to enjoy IV, but you do prefer not having to switch on as much with V. 

And i'll agree that you don't think IV is a bad game any more than I think V is bad, you just don't like its direction as I don't like V's.

You'll never convince me either that V is "stripped down" or "Objectively mostly worse than IV" and I am never going to convince you that "V is miles and miles ahead of IV in every meaningful way." So I will keep enjoying V and GTAO for the masterpiece it is, and you keep enjoying whatever masterpieces you feel you're playing.

You'll never convince anyone that you think IV is poorly written and acted by comparing it to The Sopranos either, least of all yourself.

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz
8 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

So if GTA IV is on 640x480 resolution with glitched textures and its 2D would you will still play it?

It being degraded to 2D would affect the gameplay itself, so no, that wouldn't be fair. I wouldn't mind it having 3D era PS2 resolutions/graphics. San Andreas is graphically lacking nowadays but it's a better GTA than V.

4 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

To be fair, todays supercars are objectively ugly. They stopped looking good around 2010 or before that.

I debated just deleting some posts here but this is such a mess in true GTAForums community fashion, that it's getting locked. As all these topics do because people can't help but go "my game is better than yours". The day people learn how to report posts, or bring arguments that derail topics and bickering to PM, etc. then we'll be able to have a civilised topic.