2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why does many people here in GTAForums hated GTA 5?

JaeDan 101

32 minutes ago, Niobium said:

another dumbass added to my ignored list.

He threatened to kill your favorite bunch of pixels 

Someone should call the cops

Oh wait .... He's dead already

Edited by DR:BUSTA
Just now, DR:BUSTA said:

He threatened to kill your favorite bunch of pixels 

Somebody call the cops

Oh wait .... He's dead already

he was a troll. trolls get blocked

Just now, Niobium said:

he was a troll. trolls get blocked

So the guy who keeps saying that GTA 5 isn't canon isn't a troll?

3 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

no.

that guy was a troll because he was trying to get a reaction.

on the other hand, i am not trolling because i mean what i say and i don't care what anyone on this site thinks about me.

29 minutes ago, Niobium said:

no.

that guy was a troll because he was trying to get a reaction.

on the other hand, i am not trolling because i mean what i say and i don't care what anyone on this site thinks about me.

He's a troll for posting something that happened in the series that the fans are okay with but the guy  Who believes in something that didn't happen and spams with it And ruins the fun for others isn't?  🤡

8 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

He's a troll for posting something that happened in the series that the fans are okay with but the guy  Who believes in something that didn't happen and spams with it And ruins the fun for others isn't?  🤡

first of all, not all GTA fans are okay with johnny's death. but posting his death is not what makes him a troll. like i said, he was being a troll merely for trying to get a negative reaction. either way, he asked me to block him, so why should you care?

second, it's not that unheard of fans to declare new stuff in the series to be non-canon. fandoms do it all the time. star wars fans do it with the disney films. TLOU fans do it with part 2. mass effect fans even made mods to get rid of the atrocious ending in ME3 and replace it with a better ending.

third, that post is 5 years old. guess what happened in those 5 years? time passed. i got old. i stopped being a dumbass kid and grew up. if you're gonna quote a post i made that makes me look bad, quote something more recent.

19 minutes ago, Niobium said:

not all GTA fans are okay with johnny's death.

Yeah we all got shocked but we were like okay anyway you treat it like if it was your family who got killed by Trevor

he was being a troll merely for trying to get a negative reaction. either way, he asked me to block him

And when you go to a GTA 5 topic and someone mentions Johnny and then you ruin the fun for GTA 5 fans by saying the funny sentence "GTA 5 is not canon" isn't trying to get a negative reaction from GTA 5 fans

second, it's not that unheard of fans to declare new stuff in the series to be non-canon. fandoms do it all the time. star wars fans do it with the disney films. TLOU fans do it with part 2. mass effect fans even made mods to get rid of the atrocious ending in ME3 and replace it with a better ending

Yeah it's called headcanons which used to mean people making their own theories their canons but later changed by the nerds who's life became about some 01s that are written in different arrangements 

Also most of the games you mentioned are totally different from GTA 5's problem

I mean I don't like the game but I can't deny anything

he asked me to block him, so why should you care?

I am just killing time while I am in the queue for analyzes and then for the queue in the restaurant 

i got old. i stopped being a dumbass kid and grew up

Yeah just change the word after dumbass to a man now

Edit : if you think that GTA 5 is not canon fine but keep your beliefs to yourself or make the official GTA 5 is not canon official thread and spam it with people like you ( if you forgot to take your Schizophrenia pills)

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Yeah we all got shocked but we were like okay anyway you treat it like if it was your family who got killed by Trevor

And when you go to a GTA 5 topic and someone mentions Johnny and then you ruin the fun for GTA 5 fans by saying the funny sentence "GTA 5 is not canon" isn't trying to get a negative reaction from GTA 5 fans

Yeah it's called headcanons which used to mean people making their own theories their canons but later changed by the nerds who's life became about some 01s that are written in different arrangements 

I am just killing time while I am in the queue for analyzes and then for the queue in the restaurant 

Yeah just change the word after dumbass to a man now

Edit : if you think that GTA 5 is not canon fine but keep your beliefs to yourself or make the official GTA 5 is not canon official thread and spam it with people like you ( if you forgot to take your Schizophrenia pills)

why are you so triggered by me declaring GTA V to be non-canon? who cares?

guess what? if i annoy you somehow, you can block me too!

Just now, Niobium said:

why are you so triggered by me declaring GTA V to be non-canon? who cares?

I don't really care but GTA 5 fans care and it was funny like the first time but using the same joke  over and over sucks especially if you're ruining the fun for other people

2 minutes ago, Niobium said:

guess what? if i annoy you somehow, you can block me too!

Nah this is childish

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Niobium said:

no kidding.

Yeah if I ever blocked someone in here it would be because he insulted me personally without joking or trolling and not because of this stuff.

• Like 2

GTA V was okay , but the story isn't all that memorable like the previous games & Online is nothing , but a paywall

I would rather play IV's online , story and the episodes over GTA V all together 

Had a lot of fun on GTA IV & the online back in the day   

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Drug Tino said:

In the end we got a game that was obviously rushed and developed on an outdated platform. If they had developed it for the PS4/Xbox One and released it somewhat in 2014/15, things could have looked waay different

I'm sorry but a few honorable mentions must be made (again) in that regard: 

-list-

See, I don't think so. I doubt better hardware would have made any difference (or at least significant) whatsoever except for the graphics themselves. Every issue you've listed (and many others that were not) were simply bad design decisions.

5 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Never heard of Fanon Discontinuity?

23 minutes ago, Ryo256 said:

Never heard of Fanon Discontinuity?

Anyways GTA 5 is a popular game and loved by millions (it's the most selling thing ever) so saying that it's not canon everywhere just because a biker simp died is pretty low even if his death was pretty low 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

Image result for trevor kills johnny gif

Just block me before I kill Johnny myself

LMAO! Oh, my God, they killed Johnny! You bastard!

6 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

You're not going to get anywhere here. I mean, you're right, but discussions like this have literally never really been about right and wrong. More about people conflating their personal tastes with objective fact. I do think that there is a lot of V trolling going on here by a small minority of angry IV fans who almost 8 years later still can't accept V because it was a stark change from IV. I also think that there are a lot of people here who really do like V to one degree or another, but have complaints that they continuously voice.

For me, I think V is truly one of the best games in the series. I have always loved the story, writing, dialog, and the characters, and think it's a vast improvement. But some people want a more somber, serious game. Shrug...at the end of the day, one of the most fun things in this forum is debating with people who hate V or rage on about the game in perpetuity. It also bears mentioning that GTA VI would have come out already, probably about 4 years ago, were it not for GTAO's staggering success. I think that this is also causing some resentment in what I call "V-hating IV fans", who, if they are truly honest, believe that V is so bad that it should have been a blip on the proverbial GTA radar, and that if VI were out already, "Rockstar would have corrected their big V-sized mistake God Dammit!!!"

It is what it is. I like engaging people who hate on V, but at some point you have to realize that much of this really does come down to personal taste. For me, I am just So grateful that if we have to be sort of stuck with one GTA game because the sequel is being held up so Rockstar can milk Shark Card sales, thank God that it is being held up for V and was NOT held up for IV, which would have happened had IV's online been anywhere near as fleshed out as V's. I mean think about that for a second! Imagine if people like you and I wanted Rockstar to correct their 2008/2009 mistake(s) only IV was making Rockstar so much money, that we were the ones stuck with that game for this long? shudders!!

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Anyways GTA 5 is a popular game and loved by millions (it's the most selling thing ever) so saying that it's not canon everywhere just because a biker simp died is pretty low even if his death was pretty low 

But you aren't arguing with an individual I mean, people have been denying canon (in other fandoms) way before any of us even played GTA V for even lesser reasons and this practice will continue regardless. People who are baffled by this seems not to be well acquainted with fandom culture.

GTA 4 is not canon and Johnny Klebitz who got killed by a Trevor was a hot dog guy who used to have a hotdog stand in his bike but Trevor stole it from him .

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, Ryo256 said:

But you aren't arguing with an individual I mean, people have been denying canon (in other fandoms) way before any of us even played GTA V for even lesser reasons and this practice will continue regardless. People who are baffled by this seems not to be well acquainted with fandom culture.

I can't think of a lesser reason for saying something isn't canon than "I don't like it". Indeed, people can be ridiculous and childish in many different fandoms. 

I’m currently in the process of rewriting GTA V on my iPad’s notes and will convert it to a website and provide a link once I’m done. All in all, I think the first quarter of the game is okay just the way it is. The mission where Trevor is introduced will be where things start to get interesting!

1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I can't think of a lesser reason for saying something isn't canon than "I don't like it". Indeed, people can be ridiculous and childish in many different fandoms. 

I suppose, our fandom have its own share too e.g the ones that will tell you that Ending A and B can never be canon. But I don't blame such people. Fiction is mostly for entertainment and if people don't like something and refuse to acknowledge it then so be it. It's inherently harmless until they start enforcing their reality upon others. 

On 2/17/2021 at 3:07 PM, ChiroVette said:

I have to disagree with this. San Andreas had plenty of quality, but you have to really grade the game on a curve in a sense, because it was a PS2 game from almost 17 years ago.

I feel like this is something what some people start to do here, they mindlessly compare games made for completely different systems. Just to remind everyone here, GTA San Andreas was made for PS2 and it was released in 2004, GTA IV was made for PS3 and was released in 2008. It's like comparing GTA (1997) and GTA III (2001). Regarding San Andreas being game rather about quantity than quality, are you nuts? Back in 2004 San Andreas was both about quality and quantity. I remember playing it for the first time in 2005 when it was released for PC and it wasn't any less mind-blowing than GTA IV in 2008, literally miles ahead of any competition. Just go and check what games we had until 2004.

No offence but seriously, some people need to drop that f*cking act. Jesus Christ, I love GTA IV to death, it was the first GTA I legit played and completed on my first ever computer, it has a special place in my heart and I play it to this day, it being probably my favorite game ever along with Super Mario Bros., but the way some fanboys overuse it just makes me sick. Let people enjoy other things, if you think what others like is crap then well, sure, I hate Liberty City Stories and I laugh at people who like it but I'm not that open about it. V is cringy imo but it's not a bad game, just a rushed and undercooked one. Besides it's f*cking 2021 soon we're gonna hit 2023 and it'll be ten years since Johnny has been rotting in the Sandy Shores Desert. Leave the guy be, God. Yes, it wasn't written well, yes, Trevor is a c*nt, but how many times can one ramble about it? Besides no, I'm not even close to being a fanboy of The Lost gang itself, I liked their appearance in IV where they were rough redneck-looking guys instead of those babyfaces we saw in TLAD/V more. Plus I got used to them being treated as cannon fodder in IV and Johnny kidnapped Roman and badmouthed Nicky Bellic. So no, The Lost weren't that cool. Despite that, I'm a huge fan of chopper/cruiser bikes. I wish we could get to play as the AOD someday.

In short, those who just go to V/SA or other sections to hurl insults and praise IV, get a f*cking life. You're bringing us proper IV fans a horrid reputation, our community is fragile as it is, people are severly divided, especially in the modding scene. Unite and don't divide...

Edited by Jeansowaty
4 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

No offence but seriously, some people need to drop that f*cking act. Jesus Christ, I love GTA IV to death, it was the first GTA I legit played and completed on my first ever computer, it has a special place in my heart and I play it to this day, it being probably my favorite game ever along with Super Mario Bros., but the way some fanboys overuse it just makes me sick. Let people enjoy other things, if you think what others like is crap then well, sure, I hate Liberty City Stories and I laugh at people who like it but I'm not that open about it. V is cringy imo but it's not a bad game, just a rushed and undercooked one. Besides it's f*cking 2021 soon we're gonna hit 2023 and it'll be ten years since Johnny has been rotting in the Sandy Shores Desert. Leave the guy be, God. Yes, it wasn't written well, yes, Trevor is a c*nt, but how many times can one ramble about it? Besides no, I'm not even close to being a fanboy of The Lost gang itself, I liked their appearance in IV where they were rough redneck-looking guys instead of those babyfaces we saw in TLAD/V more. Plus I got used to them being treated as cannon fodder in IV and Johnny kidnapped Roman and badmouthed Nicky Bellic. So no, The Lost weren't that cool. Despite that, I'm a huge fan of chopper/cruiser bikes. I wish we could get to play as the AOD someday.

In short, those who just go to V/SA or other sections to hurl insults and praise IV, get a f*cking life. You're bringing us proper IV fans a horrid reputation, our community is fragile as it is, people are severly divided, especially in the modding scene. Unite and don't divide...

not sure what's the deal with ppl saying "just let people enjoy V!"

of course i don't mind if people enjoy V. but if someone makes a thread saying "GTA IV is boring compared to SA and V" without adding any criticism and just leaves it at that, or if someone says TLAD sucks because johnny's phone is awful, of course i am going to laugh at them. people are allowed to like GTA V, but that doesn't mean they can get away with having silly reasons for liking V and disliking IV

Edited by Niobium
1 hour ago, Niobium said:

of course i don't mind if people enjoy V. but if someone makes a thread saying "GTA IV is boring compared to SA and V" without adding any criticism and just leaves it at that, or if someone says TLAD sucks because johnny's phone is awful, of course i am going to laugh at them. people are allowed to like GTA V, but that doesn't mean they can get away with having silly reasons for liking V and disliking IV

First, I don't see any threads here recently about "how awful" IV is compared to whatever GTA game. The truth is that, other than responding to IV fans, who often come into the V section with the same complaints about how V is this, that, or the other thing compared to IV, I honestly don't think that IV is even on the radar of any GTA V fan or IV-critic these days. Of course, people have the right to complain about V in this forum. I just find it very interesting that many of the complaints are thinly veiled, "OMG V is so inferior to IV in so many ways!" and invariably a great many these folks have been posting the same thing for over 7 years. It's so predictable that, if I am completely honest, I could make the arguments for you. We all already know pretty much every complaint. This is not to suggest you don't complain, or that a V critic can't make the same complaints over and over again in almost every thread they post in. Only something I think is, as I said, interesting.

I would bet good money that if IV fans never brought up how much they miss IV, hate V because it isn't IV, or made the same criticisms they have a thousand times, about things that obviously everyone knows are all about V versus IV even if they never actually mention IV directly in their post, that not one V fan in the forum would ever even mention IV. I know for me, I would be happy never to talk about that game again. But you have to admit that this forum has somewhat become a repository and hang out for people who are critical of V for the most part because it isn't IV.

This, I believe, is what starts all the arguments. There is an easy way to verify this, by the way. I think you can see where I am going with this.

6 hours ago, Kris194 said:

I feel like this is something what some people start to do here, they mindlessly compare games made for completely different systems. Just to remind everyone here, GTA San Andreas was made for PS2 and it was released in 2004, GTA IV was made for PS3 and was released in 2008. It's like comparing GTA (1997) and GTA III (2001). Regarding San Andreas being game rather about quantity than quality, are you nuts? Back in 2004 San Andreas was both about quality and quantity. I remember playing it for the first time in 2005 when it was released for PC and it wasn't any less mind-blowing than GTA IV in 2008, literally miles ahead of any competition. Just go and check what games we had until 2004.

Not sure why you're directing this at me. I was defending SA and saying it was an amazing game for it's time, and in many ways, has even survived to be fun now.

Edited by ChiroVette
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, ChiroVette said:
  1. I just find it very interesting that many of the complaints are thinly veiled, "OMG V is so inferior to IV in so many ways!" and invariably a great many these folks have been posting the same thing for over 7 years.

2. I would bet good money that if IV fans never brought up how much they miss IV, hate V because it isn't IV, or made the same criticisms they have a thousand times, about things that obviously everyone knows are all about V versus IV even if they never actually mention IV directly in their post, that not one V fan in the forum would ever even mention IV.

3. I know for me, I would be happy never to talk about that game again.

4. But you have to admit that this forum has somewhat become a repository and hang out for people who are critical of V for the most part because it isn't IV.

5. This, I believe, is what starts all the arguments. There is an easy way to verify this, by the way. I think you can see where I am going with this.

6. I was defending SA and saying it was an amazing game for it's time, and in many ways, has even survived to be fun now.

1. What are you getting at with this though? So what if they say the same thing after 7 years? People like to discuss their opinions and other users have joined to share them with. I'm not seeing why you're mentioning this for any other reason than to subtly imply (in a very thinly veiled way yourself btw) that people have nothing better to do than that.

2. So? Good V fans...? They probably wouldn't bring up IV because they know deep down that V really doesn't stand up to the comparisons to it that would most assuredly ensue. 

3. Then...don't talk about it ever again. 

4. You know that is BS. Didn't expect that from you, you know full well people criticise V for genuine issues when compared to IV or for certain design choices and balancing, AI problems etc. Issues you clearly don't mind/don't notice. It's become a common opinion outside this forum too in recent years. I mean you can't go to a single YouTube comparison video of the two games that doesn't have a comment section full with people ragging on V's downgrades. 

5. You could just not get involved in them if you are sick of them which it sounds like you are.

6. What? You mean you were harping on about how great SA is again? Dude, it's been nearly 17 years, let it go. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz
4 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

What? You mean you were harping on about how great SA is again? Dude, it's been nearly 17 years, let it go. 

Bruh how's a game's age related to whether Someone should enjoy it or not?

What's it even to GTA 4 fanboys to decide what someone should enjoy and what he shouldn't?

Just now, DR:BUSTA said:

Bruh how's a game's age related to whether Someone should enjoy it or not?

What's it even to GTA 4 fanboys to decide what someone should enjoy and what he shouldn't?

...it was sarcasm. 

Read the post.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:20 AM, Carl Theft Auto said:

Trust me they'll praise GTA V and sh*t on GTA VI once it's released.

Oh, I can't wait to see that.

In millions of years that is.