1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why does many people here in GTAForums hated GTA 5?

JaeDan 101

JaeDan 101

I can't understand it, GTA 5 got the best graphics among all GTA's, and many people here in GTAForums hated it or voted it as their least favorite.

GTA 5 got the best vehicles, and the best weapons. And people still prefer GTA IV or GTA: San Andreas, why?

• KEKW 4
mr  phillips the great
1 minute ago, JaeDan 101 said:

I can't understand it, GTA 5 got the best graphics among all GTA's, and many people here in GTAForums hated it or voted it as their least favorite.

GTA 5 got the best vehicles, and the best weapons. And people still prefer GTA IV or GTA: San Andreas, why?

Because GTA V isn't as legendary as IV or SA

• Like 5
Fake Lilina

I knew that there was going to be a topic like this...

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1
JaeDan 101

damn, Rockstar's hardwork is hated by many people

• Like 1
  • KEKW 3
Zello
21 minutes ago, JaeDan 101 said:

and many people here in GTAForums hated it or voted it as their least favorite.

over here. 

Over here it's hated but if you look outside this forum a lot of people like GTA V. We're just a lot more vocal about it.

• Like 2
MarshDanni

Story that is all over the place with protagonists that don't really evolve. Vehicles that feel the same (atleast IMO), especially all the added ones. Weapons feel the same. Empty, bland map. Online destroying the Single Player aspect in regards over favoring it over making the DLC which were amazing in GTA IV's for example and could've 'fixed' the story at least by a bit.

Also the fact that we've been hearing only about GTA V for the past decade (getting on nerves already). All in all a lot of hate is generated towards this game and I for one support it. R* should learn from the mistakes made in V and do better in VI.

• Like 12
Zello
12 minutes ago, MarshDanni said:

Online destroying the Single Player aspect in regards over favoring it

Don't forget the multiple patches that have sometimes broken a part of Singleplayer just to add something to online.

• Like 4
  • Bruh 1
MarshDanni
1 minute ago, Zello said:

Don't forget the multiple patches that have sometimes broken a part of Singleplayer just to add something to online.

Adding salt to injury to the community of players who love Grand Theft Auto for it's core (at least is should be) single-player mode. The question is not why do so many people hate the game. The question is why in the french fry flying f*ck do they like it?

• Like 7
  • KEKW 2
FanEu7

Most people like it, its just this forum that hates it because it wasn't SA 2.0 or GTA IV 2.0. Its overall an amazing game, one of Rockstar's best

• Like 1
DR:BUSTA
1 hour ago, JaeDan 101 said:

people still prefer GTA IV or GTA: San Andreas, why?

You know 

It's called opinions

• Like 3
Algonquin Assassin

I don’t think it’s as hated as some people like to think it is even on this forum. 

I stumbled across this thread and yeah I know it’s not the holy grail or absolute proof of what everyone thinks, but the most popular votes are 7 to 8 which reaffirms what I’ve always felt that generally people see it as a good game just not a great one.

Most people in this forum besides a very small 1% don’t classify as haters. We have our reasons for not regarding GTA V as our favourite GTA as I’m sure others do if it is their favourite.

However I don’t get the “outside of this forum it’s loved and only here it’s hated” mentality as If anything that just proves GTA V really isn’t hated at all and it’s more to do with insecurity and not being able to handle criticism in a hardcore fan environment than some random gaming forum where people might only play a couple of GTA games and be oblivious to the things GTA V fails at compared to the more diehard fans like us who aren’t quite as forgiving.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 5
Thelema93

A little over 9000.. say 9020 for good measure . Those are REAL numbers from the mvp

Carl Theft Auto

I should appreciate V more and sh't on IV more.

-Carl Theft Auto's New Year's Resolution 2021 

• YEE 3
  • KEKW 1
Americana

Because it was such a let down, man.

Also, I don't hate the game, I just... don't appreciate it. I like playing this game, but for me this game is nothing special, a let down.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 5
billiejoearmstrong8

Because GTA IV is better and when a 5 years newer game is downgraded in quality it makes people not like it. 

• Like 8
FanEu7
1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Because GTA IV is better and when a 5 years newer game is downgraded in quality it makes people not like it. 

The thing is though tons of people bashed GTA IV as well (basically for not being SA 2.0), like the whole reason GTA V is basically the extreme opposite of IV is because of the backlash it got.

Seems like people are never satisfied

• Like 1
B Dawg

Graphics are not important, and it definitely does not have the best vehicles or weapons either (online havins a ton of vehicles doesn't count).

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 3
Algonquin Assassin
2 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

People here have sh*t taste thats why

Shut up fanboy. Now go make sure Tommy doesn’t drown in the bathtub again.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 9
  • excuseme 1
Wayne Kerr
6 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Shut up fanboy. Now go make sure Tommy doesn’t drown in the bathtub again.

I would but can't, I'm way too drowsy after a round of GTA IV Snore, it's a fine replacement for sleeping pills you see

• Like 1
  • YEE 6
  • KEKW 1
Ryo256
5 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I would but can't, I'm way too drowsy after a round of GTA IV Snore, it's a fine replacement for sleeping pills you see

Indeed, it provides one the calmness that artificial things (like GTA V) can't. Soothe the soul and puts us to rest.

• YEE 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1
billiejoearmstrong8
56 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

The thing is though tons of people bashed GTA IV as well (basically for not being SA 2.0), like the whole reason GTA V is basically the extreme opposite of IV is because of the backlash it got.

Seems like people are never satisfied

It's not about it being different, it's about the quality. Physics, driving, shooting, hand to hand combat, story writing, NPC AI and the level of freedom in both missions and freeroam are all downgraded. Like obviously some things are just preference, eg some prefer IV's good amount of interiors and very detailed city vs some prefer V's large map and countryside. But this is downgrades to the core gameplay. 

I played GTA V before I played GTA IV and never had issues with it before that. After playing 3D era games I was extremely impressed with V and it being different to them was no problem. So it's not a nostalgia thing or a wanting the same thing every time thing. It's simply noticing the flaws and downgrades in comparison to a game they released 5 years earlier.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 14
Wayne Kerr

I visit Los Santos if I want to admire the warm blue skies, the beautiful sunsets and feel warm inside

I visit Liberty City if I feel like suffering from chronic depression

• Like 4
  • YEE 4
Ryo256
8 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I visit Los Santos if I want to admire the warm blue skies, the beautiful sunsets

rJA1SlN.png

• Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 2
  • KEKW 8
  • excuseme 1
Algonquin Assassin
1 hour ago, Utopianthumbs said:

You just can’t handle GTA Galore little boy.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 3
Ondr4H

Its obsolete game by now with mess story and clunky mechanics.

Well its still better than Cyberpunk and Watch dogs, but we have here higher standards thanks to rockstar history.

But maybe they pull a trigger and completely rework game to RDR2 engine with online dlcs added to SP so even I consider another buy . 

I don't hate GTA V I expected something similar to GTA IV  and DLCs .

• Like 4
Pooka Mustard

GTA V is not San Andreas.

OK I don't hate GTA V, I only hate its DRM but seriously something didn't click with me and I don't know what or why.

• Bruh 1
Western Gunslinger

It's the opposite, some people in this forums seems more into complaining about how much GTA V is hated just because someone "dares" to criticize GTA V

I made a similar thread back in 2017, it doesn't go well

Edited by Western Gunslinger
  • Like 2
Buddy Hightower

I bought GTA 4 just a few days ago because I have never played it. Maybe this weekend I'll have time to get into it.

• Like 4