3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cayo perico heist (Need some Tips)

adam4landry

Hi guys I just got the submarine and I done the heist (solo of course.) for the first time, I got to admit it a little bit more challenging than I thought I was trying to do it without getting caught and I ran into a few problems on the first time but I manage to get out of there without losing any loot (God I was lucky), this is my setups I use the sub to get to the drain to access the compound, my escape point is the Maine dock and the weapons I am using are pistol, machine gun, brass knuckle, and sticky bombs also I do the heist at night.

Once I am in the compound I try to be very stealth as possible once I no my route to get to my target it is super easy, after I got the treasure I head to the Maine dock when I get there I kill a few guards grab a few loots then I try to kill a few more guard to make my escape however when I try to shoot the two guards next to the boat I need to use well all hell break lose but I manage to get away with almost without a scratch.

Okay now that heist was very unique and very fun to do solo however I need a little bit of advice and a little bit of wisdom if I do the heist again i will need to no how I can do this right without getting caught.

#1: In the compound there two thing I need to no the first one is I trying to get the gate keys I notice that I think that only one of the guards with the red cones has them or am I wrong ??? Second I notice there a guard with a mini gun roaming around the compound that guy very annoying is he super easy to kill ???

#2: Now my escape route the Maine dock I have two question for that place the first one the loot there are three buildings at the Maine dock that give loot when I first explore the place there was only one stack of cocain in one place and one stack of weed in a other place it did fill my loot bag at all does the loot appear at random in certain places ???? Second question I am try to do this without getting caught however the two guards I tried to kill make things not very easy for me there right next to the boat I need to make my escape the question is can I use a other boat to make my escape????

Edited by adam4landry
20 minutes ago, concolt said:

Are your weapons silenced?

Don’t worry about a boat if that’s the hang up. Just go to the coast and swim away.

Yes there are silenced.

Now as for the boat well I look at the Maine dock if there a other boat I can use for my escape if there is no other boat I will swim for it. 😏😅

AirWolf359

Here's my 2 cents: try the heist at day time so you can see more. It doesn't affect the guards as much. I play the heist both at daytime and nighttime, and I find it easier at daytime.

Ideally, you get clear weather, not the rain storm. The rain storm is cool and all, but for best visibility, go for daytime with clear weather.

The guy with the minigun will go down with one headshot, or you can pistol whip him from behind, up to you.

As for the gate keys, it is random who drops them. I usually get it from one of Rubio's personal guards, but if not, I won't go out of my way to get one, and I'll just hack the elevator.

If I do get the key, I'll take the vault and the paintings from the office, not hack the elevator, but go downstairs and hack the keypad on the basement side.

Edited by AirWolf359

#2 yes the loot will be random each heist.  And you should be able to use any boat located there.

I say if you are going to hit the Main dock do it before the compound.  Use the Longfin, drive to the dock, hit targets, take Longfin to drainage tunnel of compound.

Similar to this but solo.

1) There are usually three guards that you need to kill to get the gate keys. It's very rarely anyone else, but it can happen. The first guard is the guard to the left (approaching from drainage tunnel, straight up the stairs) at the pool. The second guard is the one wandering around by he camera just beyond the first guard, and the third is the first red cone guard you encounter following this same route. If it is not one of these, it may be the stationary red cone guard or the guard walking in an L shape by another camera.

2) If you want the boat escape, just kill the solitary guard on the decking. The two guards next to each other won't see you as long as you take a tight line out from the docks, and even if they do it doesn't matter as it will only be 30 seconds before you complete the heist. Same goes for the guard hiding behind the crane. It's necessary to kill him unless you want a totally stealth escape. Being spotted after leaving the compound will not affect your Elie Challene.

31 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

Here's my 2 cents: try the heist at day time so you can see more. It doesn't affect the guards as much. I play the heist both at daytime and nighttime, and I find it easier at daytime.

Ideally, you get clear weather, not the rain storm. The rain storm is cool and all, but for best visibility, go for daytime with clear weather.

The guy with the minigun will go down with one headshot, or you can pistol whip him from behind, up to you.

As for the gate keys, it is random who drops them. I usually get it from one of Rubio's personal guards, but if not, I won't go out of my way to get one, and I'll just hack the elevator.

If I do get the key, I'll take the vault and the paintings from the office, not hack the elevator, but go downstairs and hack the keypad on the basement side.

Hmmmmm..... I see, I see, I will try the daytime option it should help me a lot to see the guards better.

The guy with the mini gun I never thought He would go down that easily with a head shot doesn’t he wear a helmet that prevent head shot ????

Now the gate keys you say the drop is random well that figures I wish that the red coned ones had it oh well I love the keypad on the basement side it has only one finger print on it it super easy well the one in the elevator not bad at all but I prefer the basement one.

30 minutes ago, concolt said:

#2 yes the loot will be random each heist.  And you should be able to use any boat located there.

I say if you are going to hit the Main dock do it before the compound.  Use the Longfin, drive to the dock, hit targets, take Longfin to drainage tunnel of compound.

Similar to this but solo.

Now the loot it random you say AAAhhh Sssshhhoooot that a bummer oh well I will keep checking the Maine dock for some extra loot if there any good ones. Besides with el F*** in the head flying around getting extra loot anywhere else won’t be easy.

Now the longfin well I think it much easier to do it with the sub that my opinion.

• Like 1
BumpyJohnson
1 hour ago, adam4landry said:

Hi guys I just got the submarine and I done the heist (solo of course.) for the first time, I got to admit it a little bit more challenging than I thought I was trying to do it without getting caught and I ran into a few problems on the first time but I manage to get out of there without losing any loot (God I was lucky), this is my setups I use the sub to get to the drain to access the compound, my escape point is the Maine dock and the weapons I am using are pistol, machine gun, brass knuckle, and sticky bombs also I do the heist at night.

Once I am in the compound I try to be very stealth as possible once I no my route to get to my target it is super easy, after I got the treasure I head to the Maine dock when I get there I kill a few guards grab a few loots then I try to kill a few more guard to make my escape however when I try to shoot the two guards next to the boat I need to use well all hell break lose but I manage to get away with almost without a scratch.

Okay now that heist was very unique and very fun to do solo however I need a little bit of advice and a little bit of wisdom if I do the heist again i will need to no how I can do this right without getting caught.

#1: In the compound there two thing I need to no the first one is I trying to get the gate keys I notice that I think that only one of the guards with the red cones has them or am I wrong ??? Second I notice there a guard with a mini gun roaming around the compound that guy very annoying is he super easy to kill ???

#2: Now my escape route the Maine dock I have two question for that place the first one the loot there are three buildings at the Maine dock that give loot when I first explore the place there was only one stack of cocain in one place and one stack of weed in a other place it did fill my loot bag at all does the loot appear at random in certain places ???? Second question I am try to do this without getting caught however the two guards I tried to kill make things not very easy for me there right next to the boat I need to make my escape the question is can I use a other boat to make my escape????

#1 My route:

* As soon as you exit the drain tunnel turn the opposite direction the game starts you in,

* RUN up the stairs,

* Go right,

* RUN until you come to stairs on your left.

* Quickly take the stairs (before the minigun guard comes) and go in the alley to the right and wait.

* wait for the guard to pass AND the camera to run away

* Run pass into the dark area and you will come to a stationary guard

* Headshot him through the rail (1st potential  key holder)

* Run up the stairs near his dead body then shoot the stationary guard up ahead to the left. (2nd potential  key holder)

* Run back to the 1st dead body and take the stairs up to Rubio's office.

* There will be one more stationary guard to shoot. (3rd potential  key holder)

NOTE: if the 1st guy has the keys you can just run by the second guy I suggested to shoot then jump down to your left and enter below with the keys.

NOTE: Guy with the minigun can be killed easily with a headshot from behind wether from a bullet or gunbut but its ok to just avoid him

#2 Loot is random.

* Scope before hand if you want to plan your secondary robberies but generally if you're escaping at the main docks just take whatever is in those two spots near there and be gone.

* You dont need to kill anyone at the docks.  Just run left to the ocean and take one of the boats roaming around.

kenmy13999
4 hours ago, adam4landry said:

Second question I am try to do this without getting caught however the two guards I tried to kill make things not very easy for me there right next to the boat

Have you tried using a sticky bomb on them? Just make sure to kill the other guard that's nearby first 

Jimbatron
2 hours ago, adam4landry said:

Oh I wanted to no something else, can we change scuba gear before we start the heist for the drainage system????

You get the scuba gear automatically if you use the submarine as approach vehicle, otherwise you can't use it (unless there is a glitch I'm unaware of).

PretendWereDead
7 hours ago, adam4landry said:

Hmmmmm..... I see, I see, I will try the daytime option it should help me a lot to see the guards better.

The guy with the mini gun I never thought He would go down that easily with a head shot doesn’t he wear a helmet that prevent head shot ????

Now the gate keys you say the drop is random well that figures I wish that the red coned ones had it oh well I love the keypad on the basement side it has only one finger print on it it super easy well the one in the elevator not bad at all but I prefer the basement one.

Now the loot it random you say AAAhhh Sssshhhoooot that a bummer oh well I will keep checking the Maine dock for some extra loot if there any good ones. Besides with el F*** in the head flying around getting extra loot anywhere else won’t be easy.

Now the longfin well I think it much easier to do it with the sub that my opinion.

Don’t forget to buy the silencers if you use the daytime option. 

PhilPerlmutter

My advice for doing the heist solo is generally to get the secondary targets (coke is the one to go) before going to the compound to get the money in the office and secondary loot.

The reason for that is actually very simple:

That way, you can just run to the cliffs next to the compound (after heaving left), put some c4 on the heli on the way (optional, but calms me down, I hate that heli), and swim away. When heli has taken off, just spam G to trigger the c4 and watch the heli disappear.

There are 2 downsides: Depending on the setup, Elite can be difficult timewise and if you die inside the compound, you will lose some secondary target value, which is not a big thing, because it is not that difficult to stay undetected.

That said, a bit more specific with a good example: 2x coke at the airport, clothes at the airport, truck at main dock:

Take velum, pay for weapons being stashed, get the clothes, now you can be seen by the guards on the island.

Loot the coke, get on the bike at the airport, drive to main docks and enter the truck there.

Drive to the maingate, enter disguised way.

Once in, only kill the guards near main gate yard (3, white on minimap), the peronal guards (3, red cones, will detect you if you run into their cone), minigun guard (optional), and the patroling guard that wanders between one side door to the basment and he stairs to the maingate, basically the opposite side of the office/basement building of the main gate yard side.

(this one is optional, but it would block the fastest way when exiting, so worth it; walks through camera cone, careful!).

Loot office money and primary target.

Leave that way the patrolling guard you have killed before walks, but please behind the camera, then go up the stairs to maingate, but as much on the eight side as possible, because there will be a guard on the left side.

Kill that guard and leave through main gate.

The following steps are always equal:

Shoot the guard at 12 o clock next to tree/bike, then take the bike and drive to the helicopter.

Headshot the guard at the helicopter and throw all c4 on the heli (be fast, jeep will apear there soon).

Now you can drive next to the right compound walls directly to the cliffs (there will be a guard on the right side, but if you keep as left as possible, he will not see you).

Jump of the cliffs, swim away, as soon heli takes off, spam the key for exploding the c4, keep swimming away.

There are probably faster ways, but its very fail safe which I prefer, with that setup locations, I never had problems to get elite.

Edited by PhilPerlmutter

Okay I try it a second time the target this time it was barer bonds I use same setup I use last time but in daytime it went super smoothly I was like a ninja in the shadows 🤩😆 i never got caught once the daytime really help a little at least I see my targets that I want to kill I did not the elite challenge but I got out in one piece at least that good enough for me.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

You get the scuba gear automatically if you use the submarine as approach vehicle, otherwise you can't use it (unless there is a glitch I'm unaware of).

if you don't use submarine you can't use scuba gear but you can use rebreathers

on pc you press G to activate them (i'm not sure on console)

lost-in-emotions

i go on with this OT -> what Weapon Choice in the Planning screen is the "best" for "Amateurs" like me?

Edited by lost-in-emotions
2 minutes ago, lost-in-emotions said:

i go on with this OT -> what Weapon Choice in the Planning screen is the "best" for "Amateurs" like me?

Aggressor. The assault shotgun has a good range and can kill a guard with two or three shots to the chest of you miss a headshot.

• Like 1

if you want the guards to not have body armour during the heist you can do a disruption mission where you blow up some crates at a warehouse then you have to go to docks and blow up tugboat before it escapes it's the easiest of the disruption missions

and if you want to weaken the guards during the heist then while you are scoping the island there are 3 locations for cutting powder if you tip it into a water tower cayo perico will have a toilet paper shortage that's not covid related

Edited by cybapete
spacing
14 minutes ago, lost-in-emotions said:

Sidequestion: I heard the Fast Travel for Kosatka could be cheaper? But how in Detail?

After you finished the heist for 1st time the fast travel price is reduced to 2k instead of 10k

Edited by Nog
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, cybapete said:

if you want the guards to not have body armour during the heist you can do a disruption mission where you blow up some crates at a warehouse then you have to go to docks and blow up tugboat before it escapes it's the easiest of the disruption missions

and if you want to weaken the guards during the heist then while you are scoping the island there are 3 locations for cutting powder if you tip it into a water tower cayo perico will have a toilet paper shortage that's not covid related

Believe it or not I did that mission when the guards have no body armor it make killing them much easier with the weapon setup i have.

As for the cutting powder trick well if I approach silently on the heist without getting caught I won’t need to do it.

Okay now I have a new question for you guys, since the cayo perico heist came out have any of you guys still do your ceo business like crates and vehicle cargo I no that the bikers businesses, nightclub, and bunker don’t need to get stuff only sell but still do any of you still any ceo stuff ???🤔

1 hour ago, adam4landry said:

Okay now I have a new question for you guys, since the cayo perico heist came out have any of you guys still do your ceo business like crates and vehicle cargo I no that the bikers businesses, nightclub, and bunker don’t need to get stuff only sell but still do any of you still any ceo stuff ???🤔

The only businesses you need our bunker and Nightclub (with 5 sub-businesses to produce stock). I don't even maintain these but they make you money while just being in the game. Combine that with CP heists and you're onto a winner.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BeatsDown said:

The only businesses you need our bunker and Nightclub (with 5 sub-businesses to produce stock). I don't even maintain these but they make you money while just being in the game. Combine that with CP heists and you're onto a winner.

Aaahhh I see i see that does make sense what about the bikers businesses can I still use them????

19 minutes ago, adam4landry said:

Aaahhh I see i see that does make sense what about the bikers businesses can I still use them????

You can still use them but they are more effort than they are worth. Just do Cayo Perico heists and let the passive businesses earn you money in the background.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Taterman said:

How does the Weapons Stash work?

Where do they get dropped and do you have to go pick them up?

It works by stashing your weapons. Inside the hangar to to your left, then when inside the hangar to your left again. You have to pick them up if you want weapons, obviously.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, lost-in-emotions said:

When i must do the Weapon Disruption Prep, cant i just use the Oppressor MKII for attacking the locations?!

i try it myself fair warning the rockets don’t lock on there target.

7 hours ago, adam4landry said:

i try it myself fair warning the rockets don’t lock on there target.

I noticed that too and thought it was a bug. Maybe missiles from the sub would be a better option?

• Like 1