4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

DMT and the origin of human spirituality

vcfan1991

vcfan1991

Yawl ever heard of this mysterious substance? I used it about 5 years so thought I might as well share some stuff about it. 

Basically it showed me that everything originates from within us - there is a hidden (very secret) dimension that exists within every person. While we all look different, act different etc, our consciousness (witnessing faculty of mind) is the same. 

Our consciousness is what universally connects us and it has no beginning or end. 

Human beings like to ask the question "when did it [universe] all begin?" - the answer it is has no beginning or end. There is an eternal consciousness that permeates the entire manifested and unmanifested worlds- not even it knows how it came to be in existence. 

We are originate from the same cosmic source and we will all finally merge into it. 

If you look into non-dualism and self realization this is what it points to... 

The ultimate truth is hidden inside us - it is our duty as human beings to quiet our minds through constant efforts and help make the world a better place. 

It' s really the sole purpose for our reason for being born. Every other task is secondary to this. 

Any questions feel free. 

• Like 5
  • excuseme 1
  • Bruh 1
RedDagger
1 hour ago, vcfan1991 said:

Any questions feel free. 

How much Joe Rogan have you listened to?

• Like 2
vcfan1991
Just now, RedDagger said:

How much Joe Rogan have you listened to?

Lol, a bit bro but he wasn't an influence for me to use it.

Craigsters

My mother took us to Transcendental Meditation course's in Buffalo, New York when I was a kid, she was trying everything when I was growing  up to get  my brothers and sisters to get along, my mother was a bit of a hippie  and listened to pink floyd   and drank black tower wine and smoked weed on the weekends , her best friend that was always over always listened to Peter  Frampton Comes Alive! album, and I never l bought a album of his  ever, hearing  do you feel like i do ten trillion times growing up

Edited by Craigsters
vcfan1991
22 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

My mother took us to Transcendental Meditation course's in Buffalo, New York when I was a kid, she was trying everything when I was growing  up to get  my brothers and sisters to get along, my mother was a bit of a hippie  and listened to pink floyd   and drank black tower wine and smoked weed on the weekends , her best friend that was always over always listened to Peter  Frampton Comes Alive! album, and I never l bought a album of his  ever, hearing  do you feel like i do ten trillion times growing up

Yeah there's a specific method to going deeper. A big aspect is what you drink/eat. Alcohol and certain foods, intoxicants can have detrimental effect on mind. 

It takes a one-pointed approach, where struggle is involved overcome certain weaknesses or bad habits. But if the genuine desire is there to progress then it will happen, but not without a fight or struggle...

TheSantader25

Nah I prefer Jiu Jitsu. They say that's how dinasours went extinct. I think it's entirely possible. 

Edited by TheSantader25
sivispacem

IMO any transcendental experience that comes out of drug use- particularly psychedelic use- is equally as much of an article of faith as other kinds of religious belief. Basically, talking to god but for stoners. 

• Like 1
paperbagdude
3 hours ago, Craigsters said:

listened to pink floyd   and drank black tower wine and smoked weed on the weekend

That's literally all I did in high school, spot on

Mister Pink

I know a guy who knows a guy that smoked it. And his experience of it was one of shock, awe and amazement. The visuals that were seen where the greatest thing he's ever seen. It's incredible. It's the best thing he's ever seen. And nothing compares to it. It's beyond our normal comprehension. Rogan's descriptions of it aren't hyperbolic in the slightest. In fact, the experience can't explained in a meaningful way that will come close to how it feels. 

My guy that knows a guy didn't take it for any spiritual enlightenment, as at the time I know he was very self-destructive and wanted the thrill. Which is a shame because although he's done it about 8-10 times, including the variant changa which can just be thrown in a joint and you'll insta-trip, he would like to enjoy something more spiritual. I think even the more fervent hedonist will gain some spirituality out if anyway. It's so humbling. It asks more questions than can be answered. 

When I explain to my friends that haven't tried it (on behalf of my guy that knows a guy), I like it to the most HD geometric psychedelic visuals that you can find. And unlike LSD or psilocybin or even MDMA where your might see distortion visuals composed of what's all ready seen in the waking world, DMT puts relaxes you in a way that it feels natural to just rest and close your eyes. As you glide through the tunnel of light you see that psychedelic image all around you. Not only do you see it, but it's evolving and changing patterns at an insane rate. Just as you are admiring one miniscule thing in that pattern and going "oh wow" it's quickly changed 100 times over. It's the most insane sensory explosion of psychedelic colour and patterns. It's mind bogglingly beautiful. And after witnessing something so batsh*t crazy and devastatingly beautiful it's hard to think that some people wont ever experience it like you have. So my guy that knows a guy, said. 

21 hours ago, vcfan1991 said:

there is a hidden (very secret) dimension that exists within every person. While we all look different, act different etc, our consciousness (witnessing faculty of mind) is the same. 

If I had read this before I knew DMT, I'd write this off as some psycho-babble, hippy-nonsense. But it's very much feels like this. Like tapping in to this forgotten, pre-existing collective, universal conduit. No matter how insane DMT sounds, the whole thing feels absolutely as familiar and natural as admiring a sunset. Yes, it's crazy. And you'd see things you've never thought possible but whole thing feels familiar, like you just tapped into a part of yourself you didn't know was there. 

"All living organisms have the two key enzymes that lead to the synthesis of DMT." (taken from video below) It's universally present in nature. We don't know why. Some hypothesize it's how plants communicate with each other. Why are we as humans wired to receive this experience when we smoke it or ingest it? Tiny amounts of it are actually produced in our pineal gland. Well, it was hypothesized that it was. Then about 6 years ago, scientists confirmed that DMT is found and produced in the pineal glands of rats. Some of these scientists ask, is this the common molecular language across all living beings? Would that account for the fact that when experiencing doses of it you have this out of body experience and feel connected to the universe, this ego death etc? 

It's so exciting because psychedelics can now be studied again. For years it was impossible. Now people are beginning again to study psychedelics. 

Some science.. well, a lot of speculation from scientists and neuroscientists...(time-stamped to skip into) 

The only clinical testing of DMT was conducted by Dr. Rick Strassman. The fact almost 100% of people, staunch atheists, sceptics, scientists,  will say it's one the most profound and spiritual experiences of their lives is interesting. I don't think we should apply meaning or use some gap of the gods fallacy but it's experience is so life changing that it's certainly one worth exploring. It should not be written off as some druggie experience. 

I tried to find visuals that best represent DMT visuals based on what I heard and I would say this video below is very accurate, although everyone's trip is very unique and subjective. Having said that, there are lots of common threads that everyone seems to experience. 

Imagine this visuals. You don't just see them. You are IN them. like floating through each little once-piece of pattern can be as big as the largest building you've ever seen. There's no context for size. You are just eyeballs floating through these this tunnel of patterns. 

I don't advocate for doing anything illegal or trying drugs. It's purely an interesting topic for discussion. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 3
RARusk

Director David Lynch apparently is one of those who do Transcendental Meditation. So watching some of his works gives you some idea of what it may be like.

We are originate from the same cosmic source and we will all finally merge into it. 

If you look into non-dualism and self realization this is what it points to... 

Yea, sounds pretty contradictory to me. If you merge and dissolve into the cosmic order then there is no self anymore to realize itself.

The Time Ranger

Interesting topic, it's great to see DMT and psychedelics being scientifically investigated, apparently it could be useful in treating mental health conditions, many of our ancestors experimented with hallucinogenics, some Celts used shrooms to engage in group trips. And of course the boys in the CIA were having a great time spiking coffee with LSD in the 60's, wonder what info they have on DMT, guaranteed they have experminted with it.

• Like 1
Mister Pink
18 hours ago, The Time Ranger said:

Interesting topic, it's great to see DMT and psychedelics being scientifically investigated, apparently it could be useful in treating mental health conditions, many of our ancestors experimented with hallucinogenics, some Celts used shrooms to engage in group trips. And of course the boys in the CIA were having a great time spiking coffee with LSD in the 60's, wonder what info they have on DMT, guaranteed they have experminted with it.

Yeah the strange thing is, for the first time in our generation, it has the collective experiences of everyone that's tried it together, through the power of the interwebs, and it has the interest of many intellectuals and scientists. So, it's wonderful hearing experiences from neuroscientists, writers, comedians, there is a demographic wealth of highly articulate people that are able to gives us great accounts and their opinions and speculations on their experiences. 

I follow AI scientist Lex Fridman's podcast. Just last night I got a suggested video. The guest is Mathew Johnson, a professor and psychedelics researcher at Johns Hopkins University. Fridman asks what the entities are that people see when in a deep DMT trip (a common feature among many people on DMT.) The answer is interesting. 

https://youtu.be/Gy4QHTgikbk

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1
vcfan1991
On 1/13/2021 at 11:25 PM, Nrav said:

Yea, sounds pretty contradictory to me. If you merge and dissolve into the cosmic order then there is no self anymore to realize itself.

It's a beyond-human state where no contradictions exist. It's unfathomable to human logical mind. 

But yeah, it's a natural feeling, very familiar feeling. Like something forgotten a very long time ago. 

DownInThePMs

Ive heard of this drug from this movie called enter the void

It was a pretty sh*tty movie

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • Like 1
  • YEE 1
ThirstyHyena
On 1/19/2021 at 4:13 AM, DownInThePMs said:

Ive heard of this drug from this movie called enter the void

It was a pretty sh*tty movie

I loved the way it was filmed top down was really cool. But, overall only other film that left me feeling sick and depressed like that after watching it was Rosemary's Baby. The exact opposite of what a psychedelic experience in the right environment with the right mindset should make you feel.

Dunno about deems, but shrooms and acid helped me combat depression. Though I have to admit one trip I had, I am overall a bit of an emotionless person and like to think of myself as quite mentally strong and sound, but that one trip last year was me allowing the mushroom to torment me for all of my sins. It was me in a bad mood, nervous x100 of what I normally feel and with a headache. The bed was not comfortable, it felt like it was made of thorns. I just lied in a fetal position for half an hour which felt like much longer and then a miracle happened. I was welcomed back, I usually have back pain and can't be comfortable in bed like I used to when I was a kid, but suddenly I physically felt like I was 12 again. Headache just stopped, I felt overwhelmed with this energy of love and compassion for everything. And then I closed my eyes, in pitch black and imagined the room was a spaceship travelling at high speed through space. Something I haven't been able to imagine since I was 7. From hell to heaven and unfortunately back to reality. I tried to hold onto the spaceship for as long as I could, but it had to go. And now I have set myself a goal and started working out and changed my diet. It is my goal to feel physically and spiritually in shape again. It showed me what I could've been and where I could end up if I f*ck up as a human being. And that's it, I don't need any more lesson after that you'd imagine. The experience can show you where you need to be, but it is not the means of transport. It is just a quick peak. And if you're not willing to work on yourself after it, you might just fall into a pit of despair like I did after my first experience 5 years ago which is another long story. The legality status of this potentially great medicine should change. People are gonna take drugs, illegal or legal anyway. And the controlled medicinal use of psilocybin and perhaps ayahuasca should be the norm already. It can be fun and games, it can be sheer terror. But in the end most people will say that bad trips are the most valuable ones and I'd agree. But, then again there's always the small number of people who are not cut out for these substances. I was on the fence, but I started low and worked my way up and it's the right approach imo. Though dosage also varies by potency.

• Like 1
Cameron Star

Jesus, please use more paragraphs next time. You were on the right track when you hit enter twice after the first one but then you regressed and forgot the enter key was a thing. Or were you on drugs?

ThirstyHyena

Why should I use paragraphs for so little text? This is not reddit. Have you ever read a book? In books there are pages at a time without new paragraphs.

Cameron Star

I don't care where on the internet we are, that was a whole lot of text that could have been easier to read. I would hate to stumble upon that on my phone.

Edited by Cameron Star
  • YEE 1