1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

sivispacem abusing his position again

John Smith 2021

Go to solution Solved by Anime Guy,

John Smith 2021

Smith John (or John Smith) here with a temporary new account I had to frustratingly create in order to post my complaint.

Normally I wouldn't bother making a fuss about this, but I guess I'm doing so for - what I imagine to be - all of the other members suppressed by Mr. Space.

It seems our friendly forum mod, sivispacem, is on another power trip again. There was a post made by a member (Laura91) in the US election thread in Gen Chat that was basically just a flame post to another member. Not only did sivispacem not warn against/remove the post, but pretty much endorsed the flaming by agreeing with this member.

I then made a post calling this out, asking if it is now permitted to flame other members in Gen Chat so long as you fit a particular political persuasion. And just like that, he immediately removed my post and banned me from posting for 7 days with the explanation/reasoning: 'Don't be a c*nt', while the flamer in question remains perfectly free to carry on with their obnoxious conduct (conduct regularly carried out by sivis himself too, I might add). Apparently me calling out the flamer is a worse crime than actually flaming!...

Why this guy is still a mod is truly baffling. He honestly acts like such a petulant little child, throwing his weight around this place as if it were his own little playground. He has gradually created a narrative around here over the years by being very, very selective in his moderation approach, and I can say for a fact that many members have pissed off away from this place because they can't be bothered with his ego-stroking sh*te and uncalled for insults, coupled with his ability to delete posts/ban members if they don't conform to his warped version of what constitutes open discussion. This is most likely why any thread with political discourse has been such an echo chamber the past 4 or 5 years on here.

He has a clear vendetta against me because I simply call out his bollocks and hypocrisy every now and again (for which he accuses me of being a "troll"), and it's only a matter of time before he permanently bans me, which I believe is his ultimate aim here with all of the unwarranted 'naughty' points he keeps accumulating and attributing to me.

There are a few mods/admins on this forum I don't necessarily agree with when it comes to all of this political stuff, but at least they are civil and respectful. sivis, on the other hand, is just, well, I better not say anymore.

In the event he sees this complaint and deletes this too (as well as IP bans this account - I honestly wouldn't put it past him) before it reaches an admin, I have saved everything and will simply create another account on a different device and PM admins directly next time. I just hope it doesn't come to that.

John, the simple fact of the matter is that your only remaining purpose on this forum is to be antagonistic. The net value of your contributions is effectively zero and rather than ever engaging in actual discussion all you have done for the last several years is make drive-by posts deliberately trying to antagonise other members and then when reprimanded for this complain that you're unjustly treated.

You've been given multiple opportunities to address this behaviour but have so far chosen not to do so. As for having any kind of "vendetta" against you...you're the one who persists in actively following me around the forum to behave in this manner despite being otherwise uninvolved in the topics at hand. You quite literally bring it upon yourself.

Did you use the forum's report function to bring about attention to the post you took issue with? No. Did you message a staff member? No. Your sole purpose in responding was to instigate conflict, as per usual.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

universetwisters

Imagine going to a video game forum purely for political discussion

Oh boy! I remember having a problem with this exact same mod back in late 2018. Well, all I can say is, it’s great the two of us haven’t had it out for over two years now! I’ll own it. I used to post some not very contributing stuff in the D&D thread here but I no longer use it. All in all, back then, I DID deserve to be reprimanded. I mean, it’s not worth having debates and discussions about stuff that has literally nothing to do with GTA or gaming in general. So yeah, I learned my lesson and I’m not touching that section of this site with a 10 foot pole!

• 2 months later...
MyNameIsNotImportantBro

I think almost everybody had a problem with him, he was also the reason that I left this forum.

And here I was thinking the reason you "nearly left the forum" was because you were a perpetual sh*tposter who managed to accumulate six warning log entries, including three bans, in less than two months.

Untitled-1.jpg

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

On 1/10/2021 at 9:22 AM, John Smith 2021 said:

Smith John (or John Smith) here with a temporary new account I had to frustratingly create in order to post my complaint.

Normally I wouldn't bother making a fuss about this, but I guess I'm doing so for - what I imagine to be - all of the other members suppressed by Mr. Space.

It seems our friendly forum mod, sivispacem, is on another power trip again. There was a post made by a member (Laura91) in the US election thread in Gen Chat that was basically just a flame post to another member. Not only did sivispacem not warn against/remove the post, but pretty much endorsed the flaming by agreeing with this member.

I then made a post calling this out, asking if it is now permitted to flame other members in Gen Chat so long as you fit a particular political persuasion. And just like that, he immediately removed my post and banned me from posting for 7 days with the explanation/reasoning: 'Don't be a c*nt', while the flamer in question remains perfectly free to carry on with their obnoxious conduct (conduct regularly carried out by sivis himself too, I might add). Apparently me calling out the flamer is a worse crime than actually flaming!...

Why this guy is still a mod is truly baffling. He honestly acts like such a petulant little child, throwing his weight around this place as if it were his own little playground. He has gradually created a narrative around here over the years by being very, very selective in his moderation approach, and I can say for a fact that many members have pissed off away from this place because they can't be bothered with his ego-stroking sh*te and uncalled for insults, coupled with his ability to delete posts/ban members if they don't conform to his warped version of what constitutes open discussion. This is most likely why any thread with political discourse has been such an echo chamber the past 4 or 5 years on here.

He has a clear vendetta against me because I simply call out his bollocks and hypocrisy every now and again (for which he accuses me of being a "troll"), and it's only a matter of time before he permanently bans me, which I believe is his ultimate aim here with all of the unwarranted 'naughty' points he keeps accumulating and attributing to me.

There are a few mods/admins on this forum I don't necessarily agree with when it comes to all of this political stuff, but at least they are civil and respectful. sivis, on the other hand, is just, well, I better not say anymore.

In the event he sees this complaint and deletes this too (as well as IP bans this account - I honestly wouldn't put it past him) before it reaches an admin, I have saved everything and will simply create another account on a different device and PM admins directly next time. I just hope it doesn't come to that.

Completely agree with you!

Now, he is even trying to start a sh*tshow with me, lol. Made a post asking a generic question,"Why is it always required to write a body of the post even tho the title pretty much explains everything?" he locked the thread to further replies and left behind a stupid reply which has nothing to do with the matter. Kind of an pathetic person, tbh...

Can't these kinds of moderators be removed from the Forum by any means?

Edit: Might lock this post as well XD

Edited by Anime Guy

Uncle Sikee Atric
2 hours ago, Anime Guy said:

-SNIP-

I would have locked it as well....

The point is, you are supposed to be able to actually contribute to the forum with posts that make sense, not just stick everything into a title and leave things open for abuse.  You need detail, content and a reason to post, not just spam with one word questions and answers.

This forum has been around for 20 years and the threads are stored from that time too.  It's huge as a result and pointless threads are just not needed anymore.

Picking holes in one Staff Member (when we all would have acted the same way), just smacks of jumping on a bandwagon.

jRQzuoR.jpg

3 hours ago, Anime Guy said:

Now, he is even trying to start a sh*tshow with me, lol. 

Lol what? It's self-evidently obvious why threads need to have content other than the title. Or at least it should be to anyone who intends on actively and positively contributing to the forum.

• Like 3

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, sivispacem said:

Lol what? It's self-evidently obvious why threads need to have content other than the title. Or at least it should be to anyone who intends on actively and positively contributing to the forum.

This was the actual answer I was looking for...

Can't you have written this same thing before?

1 hour ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

not just stick everything into a title and leave things open for abuse.  You need detail, content and a reason to post, not just spam with one word questions and answers.

"Leave things for abuse"[ELABORATE]

"one word questions and answers"[wtf was that supposed to mean? Was my post one word? Also, nobody responded to the post except 'sivispacem']

1 hour ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

Picking holes in one Staff Member (when we all would have acted the same way), just smacks of jumping on a bandwagon.

Nope, Spider-Vice would have provided a much clearer answer unlike him! Doesn't prove nothin'

Edited by Anime Guy

1 hour ago, sivispacem said:

Not sure why it needs to be clearer than this and why you're calling out other staff members? We aren't Reddit, a discussion topic on a forum should have a title and body, not just a title like "DAE do this???"

17 minutes ago, Anime Guy said:

This was the actual answer I was looking for...

Can't you have written this same thing before?

5 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Not sure why it needs to be clearer than this and why you're calling out other staff members? We aren't Reddit, a discussion topic on a forum should have a title and body, not just a title like "DAE do this???"

I already got my answer, can't you see my other comment or somethin'?

Why are you here? I didn't quote you??

8 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

We aren't Reddit, a discussion topic on a forum should have a title and body, not just a title like "DAE do this???"

When tf I said you were Reddit? When did I say ""DAE do this??"" Is this supposed to be a mocking, lol?

Edited by Anime Guy

9 minutes ago, Anime Guy said:

Why are you here? I didn't quote you??

22 minutes ago, Anime Guy said:

Nope, Spider-Vice would have provided a much clearer answer unlike him!

You also missed the point of my post completely, I'm not mocking anyone. I rest my case.

With all due respect, you might want to wind your neck in, @Anime Guy. I have an infinitesimally small number of f*cks to give about members who seem intent to start petty grievances with me, but generally being a confrontational arse to the wider moderating (and administration) team just because they see no issue with my approach seems like a great way to get yourself under a microscope.

if you don't like the way the forum is managed, you know where the door is.

Untitled-1.jpg

35 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

With all due respect

...and after that almost immediately abuses

I have an infinitesimally small number of f*cks to give about members who seem intent to start petty grievances with me

So, you give 0 f*cks about the members who disagree with your fu*ked up ways of communicating with other members on this Forum?

to get yourself under a microscope.

Not me you dimwitted mongrel! It was you who I wanted to show the true colors of so, I can screenshot 'em for a certain proof.

When tf I complained about the Forum? Have a brain damage or just can't read? The only fu*cking problem is having a c*nt mod like yourself. I don't get that why the Forum still has a mf like you as a Moderator, who can't even moderate his own fu*king behaviour lol instead, being a piece of trash and sh*tting on other ppl for disagreeing with "your ways".

-DAYS WON 5-

Pretty self-explanatory, tbh

Edited by Anime Guy

33 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

With all due respect, you might want to wind your neck in, @Anime Guy. I have an infinitesimally small number of f*cks to give about members who seem intent to start petty grievances with me, but generally being a confrontational arse to the wider moderating (and administration) team just because they see no issue with my approach seems like a great way to get yourself under a microscope.

Also, BoSs if you really have a problem with me why not just stop fu*king quoting me with your sh*tty, half-brained replies, huh?

Exactly! You wanted this sh*tshow (that obviously you started by even bothering to come here) to continue

This so you have a reason to ban me!

Not my 1st time seeing a do*chebag of your caliber, lul

Edited by Anime Guy

7 minutes ago, Anime Guy said:

When tf I complained about the Forum? Have a brain damage or just can't read? The only fu*cking problem is having a c*nt mod like yourself. I don't get that why the Forum still has a mf like you as a Moderator. Who can't even moderate his own fu*king behaviour lol instead, being a piece of trash and sh*ttng on other ppl for disagreeing with "your ways".

Wow, this is likely one of the last posts you'll make on this forum...

Why are you so worked up anyway? Are you unable to follow basic rules? Do you not like it when people disagree with you?

Ugh, this thread is painful.

KOIAEOY.png

8 minutes ago, Earthbound said:

-Useless-

I have no problem with a Ban 'cause I want it, anyways.

I just wanted ppl to know their position :)

8 minutes ago, Earthbound said:

Are you unable to follow basic rules? Do you not like it when people disagree with you?

Why not ask the same question to Sivispacem? (MOdErAtER)

Edited by Anime Guy

holy sh*t :kekw: :kekw:

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

6 minutes ago, Earthbound said:

Ugh, this thread is painful.

I understand your pain. Ohhh, it must be so hard for you to scroll down, quote me and actually reply to me!

Bruh, who you kidding?

You wanted Drama and you came looking for it, let's be real -_- 

Edited by Anime Guy

• No Flaming Language or comments that are antagonistic, provocative, slanderous, derogatory, abusive, aggressive or confrontational

No Hate Speech Discriminatory language or comments, such as racism, sexism or homophobia

• No Harassment Continued intimidation, pressurised, pestering or forceful remarks towards a member in public or in private, sexual or otherwise

You say I broke the Forum rules, I agree (fu*king -NUKE- me)

But, so did he

1. "Discriminatory language or comments"

On 3/28/2021 at 4:31 PM, sivispacem said:

I have an infinitesimally small number of f*cks to give about members who seem intent to start petty grievances

2. "Continued intimidation" (so far 3 times)

- Quoting me @Anime Guy

3.  "confrontational"

- Dealing with situations in an aggressive way

On 3/28/2021 at 4:31 PM, sivispacem said:

'Actual' Mods look into it hope you all can handle the situation better than hE

Also, says how much worthy these rules are...

Also moderation team, instead of supporting such rancid mods the staff team/admins should take necessary actions against it and not be biased to one side!

Edited by Anime Guy
  • Bruh 1

6 minutes ago, Anime Guy said:

Also moderation team, instead of supporting such rancid mods the staff team/admins should take necessary actions against it and not be biased on one side!

Im trying to ban sivis as hard as I can but I keep getting an error

gwZr6Zc.png

1 hour ago, Anime Guy said:

So, you give 0 f*cks about the members who disagree with your fu*ked up ways of communicating with other members on this Forum?

Not me you dimwitted mongrel! It was you who I wanted to show the true colors of so, I can screenshot 'em for a certain proof.

When tf I complained about the Forum? Have a brain damage or just can't read? The only fu*cking problem is having a c*nt mod like yourself. I don't get that why the Forum still has a mf like you as a Moderator, who can't even moderate his own fu*king behaviour lol instead, being a piece of trash and sh*tting on other ppl for disagreeing with "your ways".

-DAYS WON 5-

Pretty self-explanatory, tbh

What impact does the days won feature have on absolutely anything in this thread? Days won is based off which users post(s) got the highest amount of likes in a singular day and has absolutely no bearing on sivis moderation capability.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

EqqGXy2.gif

Where? I've been nothing if not civil with you.

No, I give zero f*cks about members who want to start petty grievances with me. Nothing about my initial response to your thread could reasonably be construed as being "f*cked up". 

I simply stated that, if your post is so short it will fit within the character limit of a thread title, it's unlikely to be a worthwhile contribution and almost certainly doesn't merit having its own topic.

And I stand by that assessment.

Not me you dimwitted mongrel...

Have a brain damage or just can't read?...

...c*nt mod like yourself

...being a piece of trash and sh*tting on other ppl for disagreeing

So let me get this straight: you take issue with my manner, and yet believe that this is a perfectly acceptable way to conduct yourself?

Exactly! You wanted this sh*tshow (that obviously you started by even bothering to come here)

So you take issue with my response to your thread, post in multiple separate topics complaining about it including this one, react to my existing posts so I can see you've been active in the thread, entirely unjustifiably attack me, try and start a fight with two further staff members, and when I reply explaining my position...I'm the one antagonising you?!

Jesus wept.

Untitled-1.jpg

Kaname Madoka

I don't even know how i ended up here, all i know is that a member is complaining about Staff's behaviour, but is behaving in a far worse manner than the Staff in question.

allofmywut.jpg

On 3/28/2021 at 6:09 PM, sivispacem said:

I give zero f*cks about members who want to start petty grievances with me.

Quite the 'civil' thing to say...

About that 'petty grievances' part just, scroll up and look at the very 1st comment I left on this thread.

I didn't quote you, neither did I reply to you, neither was that directed to you! In fact, I replied to @John Smith 2021 anyone with a brain (except you) can understand that, lul

you take issue with my manner, and yet believe that this is a perfectly acceptable way to conduct yourself?

Talking with you? Yes! 

Other respected staff members? Definitely, no!

react to my existing posts so I can see you've been active in the thread

Lame and pathetic excuse, tbh - _-

You are just sad seeing your ego getting destroyed by me, lol. Also, yeah if I have the freedom to react to your posts I will take the advantage of that... 

Aren't you a mODeRaTor of this Forum? Don't you know you can just click 'ignore user' to... you know... "Ignore user" XD, stupid mod. Really who made a 11 y/o mod, lol?? No tho seriously, who came up with this idea? 

entirely unjustifiably attack me, try and start a fight with two further staff members

Attack You? Did I threaten? No So, how exactly did I 'aTTaCk' you?

As for the staff members, scroll up stretch your eyes as far as you can and look carefully, I didn't start a fight with either of the 2 mods (not taking the name in-case they think I am calling them out, which I obviously am not!)

If you really, really and I mean REALLY had a problem with me, you wouldn't be replying to me, kid! You would have just reacted or banned me and moved on as a pathetic moderator (that you obviously are...) does

I just love how you NEED to justify yourself at each and every point that you are not at fault tho, you are, lmao

I made a response video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb9VTmGEmQ8

On 3/28/2021 at 8:59 PM, Kaname Madoka said:

I don't even know how i ended up here, all i know is that a member is complaining about Staff's behaviour, but is behaving in a far worse manner than the Staff in question.

allofmywut.jpg

Go and cry somewhere else, kid

On 3/28/2021 at 6:03 PM, sombrA said:

What impact does the days won feature have on absolutely anything in this thread? Days won is based off which users post(s) got the highest amount of likes in a singular day and has absolutely no bearing on sivis moderation capability.

The only reason these kinds of mod exist on this forum is because of you ppl who support idiot moderators like sivispacem whose literal name means "If you want peace, prepare for war", smh

Edited by Anime Guy
  • Bruh 2

On 3/28/2021 at 5:46 PM, RedDagger said:

Im trying to ban sivis as hard as I can but I keep getting an error

Being serious or as a "Ha-ha he-he" joke? 

Anime Guy? More like Angry Guy

Laughing Lizard / hhhehehe | Know Your Meme

fib_ufo_small.png

16 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

Anime Guy? More like Angry Guy

Laughing Lizard / hhhehehe | Know Your Meme

Sounds like another Sivispacem fan!

Just love to see how many stupid ppl actually support a do*che like Sivispacem XD

Edit: Sounds like a cool idea will definitely use that username on my new account i.e. if I ever make one which, I doubt I will after seeing moderators like "Siv-is-in-space" guy and his supporters (like yourself) 👍

Edited by Anime Guy
  • Bruh 1