1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why do many GTA fans hate Online?

Lonely-Martin
4 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:

whatever aspect of any GTA game you loved in the past, GTA:O has it,

Had to pick this part out, as I'm not gonna get into this topic too much with ya, but I disagree with this part...

... In San Andreas I could buy every property available on the map, can't here unfortunately.

Sorry, had to. R* need to take the shackles off this bitch. 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Yellow Dog with Cone said:

Perhaps people think certain aspects of the game are sh*t while enjoying the few good parts too?

Noth everything is so black or white, you can enjoy something while at the same time pointing out its flaws so it can improve, only Siths, fanboys and haters deal in absolutes.

And @ddarko12 with some great posts. A sports fan can certainly agree/understand these points I believe.

I'm a Tottenham fan, and whoever any sports fans support, we love our clubs with a passion. But we can all give our teams a royal slamming when things go south. Doesn't mean we love them any less, just want the best for them and give our thoughts on what we feel is that missing link at the time. 

GTA/R* no different for me and many I believe. We love their stuff and just want it to grow better and better all the way is all. :)

• Like 6
Yellow Dog with Cone
9 minutes ago, GTAMamba said:

I don't understand how anyone could still complaining about money when doing the new heist can net you one and a half million dollars every 60 minutes.

Yeah, only one thing in the game makes you good money while everything else pales in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, it was about time for R* to acknowledge the lone wolf crowd, but imagine if everything paid just as well as the Cayo Perico Heist?

• Like 3
GTAMamba
12 minutes ago, Yellow Dog with Cone said:

Yeah, only one thing in the game makes you good money while everything else pales in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, it was about time for R* to acknowledge the lone wolf crowd, but imagine if everything paid just as well as the Cayo Perico Heist?

This new heist is a godsend no doubt and there's also no doubt that Rockstar has completely screwed the solo players for years in their online DLCs. The 25+ minute long sales missions for mediocre payouts, the slow non weaponized vehicles, forced to sell in full lobbies with a bullseye on your back (probably the worst one).

That said I really enjoyed seeing my character progress from a bum that had nothing, to a king of Los Santos that can buy anything he wants at his whim. Building net worth/money as a form of progression has been a major part of online since it came out. Once you take that away this game would just be a bunch of 12 year olds killing eachother in free mode.

Everyone having hundreds of millions of dollars in their account would take a lot of the fun out of it IMO.

• Like 4
ddarko12
5 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:

whatever aspect of any GTA game you loved in the past, GTA:O has it

That means nothing if it isn't as fleshed out as in the past. Everything sure looks good on paper. But I've tried it all and there is more (or really less) to it than meets the eye. It's like a mediocre car that has every feature. For instance, I'm gonna be vague but let's say you buy a premium car. Like a new Buick or something. It has features from all of those cool, big fancy luxury cars of the past. I mean it has everything. But it has no soul. It looks generic. The features aren't really anything that stands out. Anything "unique" it has is merely a gimmick that you'll forget about. And it just becomes something you sort of just use. Sort of like how I used to login to GTA:Online when new sh*t came out to play with. I didn't really like logging in, but wanted to try the new things. And when they got old I stopped playing. It's like that crappy car comparison I just referenced. You don't use it for road trips or long spirited drives. You use it as a tool to get the job done and when you're done with it you don't care.

And then it's all temporary. Like a poorly made car that falls apart and gets junked, this version GTA:Online has an end date. It's not going to be here for decades for your children or their children to enjoy. It'll soon be put out to pasture and forced offline and nobody will care because the next best new version of GTA:Online as some half-assed "seperate entity" (which is just some marketing bullsh*t, it's just built off of an existing GTA game and uses the same everything) is "in" and hot, shiny and new.

5 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:

Just accept that GTA:Online has become its own entry in the series that has no relation with GTA5 or 6, its one of the reasons why they are separating it from 5 soon.

Hard to accept when it's really just a glorified online version of a game that they CHOSE to ignore. It IS GTA 5. I wouldn't be surprised that when they solidify this seperation, I'll still be able to somehow use all of its new stuff in story mode.

Edited by ddarko12
  • Like 5
aad9091
54 minutes ago, GTAMamba said:

Making money has been a grind in the past sure, but money is a form of progression in GTA. You shouldn't be able to just log in, automatically have millions of dollars, and the best vehicles in the game. That would be boring as hell.

The fact that it takes longer to make money is not the problem. The problem is when the gameplay is purposely designed to be boring and tedious and it was for so many years in GTAO. Like... I played many online/MMOs where grind is required, but I never had to endure such pain like Post Ops and crates in any other game (by "endure" I mean those several times when I tried thinking it will get better. It doesn't so I stopped wasting my time).

Let alone that in this particular game there is barely a sense of leveling and reward except collecting cars that you don't drive. For example I started Fallout 76 recently (yes, Bethesda pretty much overhauled it) and every level matters. It's always a nice new perk, a cool weapon, armor or actual knowledge that you gather about the world. In GTAO lvl 50 means a poor delivery boy and a level 500 is a rich delivery boy.

I agree tho that Cayo Perico is a good way to make money, a good way that took 7 years (kek) to be implemented and that happens when we know that Rockstar will abandon soon this version of GTAO. I don't put my bets on their good intentions for GTAO standalone, especially after the gold nerf in RDO. Also we still complain because we were there when you had to grind 10k contact missions to buy a 2 million property lmao. Or when you had to spend 20 millions just to unlock missiles for Opressor mk1. Ah yes, the good times.

• Like 5
GTAMamba
1 minute ago, aad9091 said:

The fact that it takes longer to make money is not the problem. The problem is when the gameplay is purposely designed to be boring and tedious and it was for so many years in GTAO. Like... I played many online/MMOs where grind is required, but I never had to endure such pain like Post Ops and crates in any other game (by "endure" I mean those several times when I tried thinking it will get better. It doesn't so I stopped wasting my time).

Let alone that in this particular game there is barely a sense of leveling and reward except collecting cars that you don't drive. For example I started Fallout 76 recently (yes, Bethesda pretty much overhauled it) and every level matters. It's always a nice new perk, a cool weapon, armor or actual knowledge that you gather about the world. In GTAO lvl 50 means a poor delivery boy and a level 500 is a rich delivery boy.

I agree tho that Cayo Perico is a good way to make money, a good way that took 7 years (kek) to be implemented and that happens when we know that Rockstar will abandon soon this version of GTAO. I don't put my bets on their good intentions for GTAO standalone, especially after the gold nerf in RDO. Also we still complain because we were there when you had to grind 10k contact missions to buy a 2 million property lmao. Or when you had to spend 20 millions just to unlock missiles for Opressor mk1. Ah yes, the good times.

A lot of good points, agree 100%.

• Like 4
Kelt1993

No input into this just wanted to laugh at a Tottenham fan 😂

4 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Had to pick this part out, as I'm not gonna get into this topic too much with ya, but I disagree with this part...

... In San Andreas I could buy every property available on the map, can't here unfortunately.

And @ddarko12 with some great posts. A sports fan can certainly agree/understand these points I believe.

I'm a Tottenham fan, and whoever any sports fans support, we love our clubs with a passion. But we can all give our teams a royal slamming when things go south. Doesn't mean we love them any less, just want the best for them and give our thoughts on what we feel is that missing link at the time. 

GTA/R* no different for me and many I believe. We love their stuff and just want it to grow better and better all the way is all. :)

Edited by Kelt1993
  • KEKW 4
CosmicBuffalo

I did not hate it, from 2014-2018 it was awesome, but its just boring today.   Its just a waterdowned shell of what it was.  There is no car that can be added, no weapon, no mission or combination thereof that can make up for its lack of new areas to run around and fight over.  Also, absurdly, so many people play it and no competition that there is no reason a make a new game.  I wish people would move on.  The game is trash at this point.

• Like 5
Kelt1993

Move on to what? Tell me another game that offers everything GTA online does with its open world freedom with friends. It’s the same as the single player sandbox no other game comes anywhere near close to a GTA. Maybe after 7 years if another developer had come up with a game that offers half as much as this then people would have moved on and the game would of died. But let’s face it no one has had either the money or the balls to take R* on in this and they hold the monopoly and whilst they do and their taking money in why would they allow it to die or maybe the players would move on but as it stands the only thing taking this game down is another GTA because I’m sorry I still can have more fun with this game 7 years on (on online) than 99% of games that come out yearly

3 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

I did not hate it, from 2014-2018 it was awesome, but its just boring today.   Its just a waterdowned shell of what it was.  There is no car that can be added, no weapon, no mission or combination thereof that can make up for its lack of new areas to run around and fight over.  Also, absurdly, so many people play it and no competition that there is no reason a make a new game.  I wish people would move on.  The game is trash at this point.

• Like 2
CosmicBuffalo

@Kelt1993Move on to anything.  I literally admitted there is no competition.  I dont know, take up gardening.  The ride is over and has been for a while.  Its honestly the players fault this joke is still getting updated.

• Like 5
Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Kelt1993 said:

No input into this just wanted to laugh at a Tottenham fan 😂

Bless ya, although I've been laughing too. Still love my club though and if anything, others taking pops just makes me love it more. :)

• Like 4
Xiled

What is this myth about another GTA game releasing? Oh wait that's just gtao existing.  Fun fact, there has never been more than 2 years past between any GTA game until the gap between tbogt and GTA v, which was 5.5 years. It has now been 7 years and 5 months since GTA v released.

Bigfoot in GTA SA is more real than than the myth of another GTA game. To some of us it has been nearly 13 years since we had a real GTA game release and that was only dlc. :) A dlc 13 years old that included better stuff to us in multiplayer.   

• Like 4
  • KEKW 1
Yellow Dog with Cone
19 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

Hard to accept when it's really just a glorified online version of a game that they CHOSE to ignore. It IS GTA 5. I wouldn't be surprised that when they solidify this seperation, I'll still be able to somehow use all of its new stuff in story mode.

Seeing how R* handled the "standalone" version of Red Dead Online (that is, being literally the entire game downloaded into your hard drive but with the Story Mode locked), it wouldn't surprise me if they do the same thing with GTA Online lmao

At least Warzone it's an actually separate download from Modern Warfare if you choose to.

• Like 4
ddarko12
21 hours ago, Kelt1993 said:

I’m sorry I still can have more fun with this game 7 years on (on online) than 99% of games that come out yearly

GTA:Online and even GTA 5 (without mods) is the only GTA where I cannot say that. This game is really a big gimmick to me. I don't CARE about all of the features it has, it means absolutely jack sh*t if barely any of those are fleshed out or well done. Quality > Quantity. Always. Quality lives on, quantity dies when the next best new thing comes out. And that's probably why they're still milking this thing because they know this. Why wouldn't you keep milking something as a business if you knew most of your consumers would keep playing with simple add-ons? Oh, I know. To innovate. Rockstar is a basic business that wants to make money these days. They no longer innovate. There is barely anymore passion. I bet you anyone could copy Rockstar's formula if they wouldn't get sued.

There are many games I've played that haven't felt that far off from GTA other than you can't run some bitch over, rob em and f*ck a prostitute.

• Like 6
aad9091
15 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

They no longer innovate.

I would argue that they still innovate when it comes to open-world design. I mean, I still consider Rockstar the best open-world developer. But yeah, the gameplay and mission design are kinda dated and they didn't improve much since GTA 3 in those areas. But hey, I always play GTA for the worlds, characters and cheeky lines and since we are on this topic they are all missing from GTAO KEKW

• Like 1
suicidal_banana
On 2/15/2021 at 8:53 PM, Lonely-Martin said:

You couldn't buy every property in SA, and idk about you but i have like 30-35 properties, and the passive income of the nightclub is much more then the passive income in SA ever was?

On 2/15/2021 at 9:40 PM, ddarko12 said:

That means nothing if it isn't as fleshed out as in the past. ... car story ... You use it as a tool to get the job done and when you're done with it you don't care.

Thats all fine & dandy, i think its safe to say you've decided that you are done with the game, thats cool, im not here to tell you otherwise. I do feel like you kind of missed the point i was making about the separation, in my opinion GTA:O is NOT GTA5 anymore.

Lonely-Martin
21 minutes ago, suicidal_banana said:

You couldn't buy every property in SA, and idk about you but i have like 30-35 properties, and the passive income of the nightclub is much more then the passive income in SA ever was?

I believe you missed my intent, it was more meant to be a joke post really, but we can buy all the ownable apartments around the map in San An, or get given them, I'd love that here. 

Sure we have lots here, I couldn't argue otherwise, but we do have a significantly more amount of vehicles in GTA:O. I'm just rich and want more is all, probably always will until it's physically not possible, lol. I love cars. 🤣

Although I never said anything about the passive income so I don't understand where that came from, lol. I don't overthink about that aspect too much as money making hasn't really been an issue for me in GTA:O since day one. Game's never been a grind like it seems to have been for others to be fair. I get for many they have less time to invest in the game in an average week, but I'm fortunate that I have plenty and an appetite and friends/family to enjoy many aspects that cash was always just there. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Wording.
  • Like 3
Ethereal_NYC_
On 1/12/2021 at 5:07 AM, FrugalDangerMan said:

f*ck freeroam and the butthurt snowflakes it's full of.

honestly you are describing yourself. 

you are the snowflake who went after another player for no reason other than "game told me so" then went passive smh

the irony of your post is overwhelming

its pathetic high rank players who are super rich resort to griefing/trolling out of boredom

that player didnt ask for a bounty a.k.a. another in game PVP trolling mechanism

On 1/12/2021 at 2:50 AM, Cavot said:

linger for 6+ months because Take-Two is too cheap to want to pay for bug fixing patches.

months is being dishonest.

for example i have been losing my ammo and killed by godmode players for years

yet a car merge glitch which is legit harmless gets patched in a week

On 2/11/2021 at 8:18 AM, Yinepi said:

So because interiors are behind load screen they're not a part of the world? 

gta 4 online was a large detailed map with more interiors than gta 5 online

the difference is gta 5 online interiors are locked because rockstar

On 2/15/2021 at 2:42 PM, GTAMamba said:

i dont understand

for 8 years now i havent been able to roll my window down for a drive by

for almost a whole two years i couldnt turn my engine on/off to leave my car idle

even gta 4 has this option. at this point gta 5 lacks many options and details its predecessors had

smh at me ruining my mamba everytime i want to aim

• Like 2
FrugalDangerMan
1 hour ago, Ethereal_NYC_ said:

honestly you are describing yourself. 

you are the snowflake who went after another player for no reason other than "game told me so" then went passive smh

the irony of your post is overwhelming

its pathetic high rank players who are super rich resort to griefing/trolling out of boredom

that player didnt ask for a bounty a.k.a. another in game PVP trolling 

Did you not read my opening paragraph?

I realize it's ironic, that's why I don't play freeroam anymore.

Well, that and assclowns like you acting all high and mighty because they find something ironic.

smh as you say.

Edited by FrugalDangerMan
clinical oppression

I love online . Single player lasts 50 hours.....and people cry for another 20-30 hours of sp dlc   I've spent thousands of hours in online and enjoyed most of it . Opmk2s don't scare me ....griefers and try hards don't either . Ive made enough money to never grind again and have met many cool people from Round the world. Can it be better? Of course.....is the map too small ? Yep ....but I still love this game over 7 years later 

• Like 1
On 2/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, Yellow Dog with Cone said:

Seeing how R* handled the "standalone" version of Red Dead Online (that is, being literally the entire game downloaded into your hard drive but with the Story Mode locked), it wouldn't surprise me if they do the same thing with GTA Online lmao

At least Warzone it's an actually separate download from Modern Warfare if you choose to.

See they couldn't even do a standalone properly. Thought the whole point was them to do what cod did lol. 

• Like 2
Yellow Dog with Cone
18 hours ago, clinical oppression said:

I love online . Single player lasts 50 hours.....and people cry for another 20-30 hours of sp dlc   I've spent thousands of hours in online and enjoyed most of it .

I bet those 20-30 hours of a Single Player DLC would be way more fun and memorable that the thousands of hours that someone has spent in Online.

The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony and Undead Nightmare are proof of it.

On 1/16/2021 at 4:00 AM, DPRK said:

And yet I get harassed and banned cuz I'm telling it how it is and telling ppl to enjoy the game or stop playing it??? 

Nope, you get "harassed and banned" because of ridiculous, inflammatory comments like this:

8 hours ago, DPRK said:

Holy ****, is this thread still about the same game? We ARE talking about GTA V Online... Right??? What's this? Another user WHO IS NOT ME questioned the general sentiment of the average user of these forums AND THEY DIDN'T GET BANNED? I WOULD LIKE TO REPEAT: THIS IS GRAND THEFT AUTO FIVE: ONLINE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL. NOPE. IT'S NOT THE SAME GAME. I AM IMAGINING THINGS. THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME (DPRK FOR YOU WHO HATE ME) WHO WOULD EVER ADMIT TO LOVING GTA ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A DREAM, IT'S MY IMAGINATION, I'M ON DRUGS, ETC. lmao

You'll think that by now you would have learned to read the f*cking room before posting but that's expecting way too much from someone like you.

Edited by Yellow Dog with Cone
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Yellow Dog with Cone said:

I bet those 20-30 hours of a Single Player DLC would be way more fun and memorable that the thousands of hours that someone has spent in Online.

The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony and Undead Nightmare are proof of it.

Nope, you get "harassed and banned" because of ridiculous, inflammatory comments like this:

You'll think that by now you would have learned to read the f*cking room before posting but that's expecting way too much from someone like you.

I have to disagree sure those games were very memorable and hold great memories and I’d love single player DLC but some of my most memorable GTA moments were online with friends, I can’t tell you the amount of fun moments with friends that we still talk about to this day even though most of them quit. If your play style is solo grinding away then sure but if you have a good group of people to play with then you can make some amazing memorable times online

• Like 2