1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Fix for infinite black screen when selling moonshine?

Setzaroth

Started getting this recently. Some tell me if anyone is outside of the shack it can cause it, any confirmation on this, or ways to mitigate it?

Edited by Setzaroth
StyxTx
18 minutes ago, Setzaroth said:

Started getting this recently. Some tell me if anyone is outside of the camp it can cause it, any confirmation on this, or ways to mitigate it?

I haven't done one in a long time but what I found, even in solo lobbies, is that 95% of the time I had no problems running the first one. The 2nd time I tried running one in the same session it would fail 90% of the time in a posse or solo.

Location of the shack made no difference either.

I haven't heard of any workaround for it.

It doesn't seem to be a high priority for those fine people at R*.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 1
Krommer

If I have it happen, I can almost always quit/join free roam (usually am outside of moonshine shack again) then have no problem.

It seems random as to whether it happens, can happen right away or after I've been playing for hours.

Usually it will only happen one time to me, maybe every 4 plus days of playing the game at least

one session per day.

Though I don't see any players as blips on the map when I go into the shack, I've often wondered if

the reason why it happens is that another player starts the moonshine delivery at the same time/just before you.

I've noticed that in a lobby with as many as 14 people, I've never once seen anyone else doing a moonshine delivery when

I start one (so I don't think it allows it, which may be why you then have the spinning revolver black screen.) Yes, this would

be dumb if it worked that way; I've also never had it load me into a solo lobby doing one, so sometimes I wonder.

I've often wondered if I was to wait as long as 20 minutes, if it would eventually load; I'm not that patient, though. If that were the case,

it would make me think even more that perhaps it was happening because someone else was doing a run at the same shack/time, so it

waited until they were "done" or at a safe enough distance. The moonshine runs are not that long, of course, but I don't even have the

patience to wait 10 minutes on the "loading" screen/

My shack is in Hennington's Stead area, which seems a bit underused. I've occasionally seen someone going into the shack there

(though very rarely.) There are only two choices, I think, for possible directions the moonshine mission might set up (wondering

if it happens less/more for other shacks with more/fewer possible routes.)

Edited by Krommer
*Lola
10 hours ago, Setzaroth said:

Fix for infinite black screen when selling moonshine?

Starting up the band before delivery has been working for me.

I haven't gotten a black screen since I started doing this.

• Like 1
4eyedcoupe

Sounds like a silly question, but it is serious.  I have been wondering if you still get paid if the sale is completed while you are stuck in the black screen.  I have had posse members complete the sale while I waited stuck in that screen and they get paid just like normal.  My only problem was I was never smart enough to check my $ and XP prior to the sale. 

• Like 1
AmyStone

If there is someone in your posse they can complete the mission while you stay on a black screen. If you restart the game once it's complete you will see that you have been given the cash and XP for it. No good for solo but if you're playing with others it's a kind of workaround.

• Like 3
4eyedcoupe
6 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

If there is someone in your posse they can complete the mission while you stay on a black screen. If you restart the game once it's complete you will see that you have been given the cash and XP for it. No good for solo but if you're playing with others it's a kind of workaround.

Exactly what I was wondering.  Thanks

• Like 1
kcole4001

I've been getting this again since the recent BH update, solo PC sessions, starting the band playing doesn't do anything for me.

I do always get drunk from the shine first, then use the wash barrel to sober up.

I have tried without getting drunk and it still happens, though it's not consistent.

I get the black screen on the first sale attempt far more often than on a second.

When solo on PC the only remedy is to close the game using the task manager and restart the game, the second attempt usually works if I bother to try.

Edited by kcole4001
spelling
  • Like 2
Setzaroth
7 hours ago, AmyStone said:

How does this work when the wagon doesn't spawn

4eyedcoupe
2 hours ago, Setzaroth said:

How does this work when the wagon doesn't spawn

In the instance that I stayed in the black screen and allowed my posse member to finish it, the wagon did spawn outside of the shack.  She got on it and delivered it normally.  At the time we were hoping that completing the delivery might take me out of the black screen but it didn't.  I chose to join a friend through the ps menu rather than closing the game.  We weren't planning it, so I didn't check my $ or XP before to actually know if I got paid, but Amy confirms that you do.

• Like 1
Krommer

I've also RARELY had it load, on both this and the trader delivery, if you wait quite some time (with the black screen, with the spinning revolver thing.)

Today I tried that again, waiting quite some time, but instead I got a Rockstar "problem loading the mission"/something screen.

That other people have managed to do it in a posse, with the posse member still seeing it load right, shows that my theory that it might happen

while someone else is trying to do a delivery at the same place/same time is not valid. So still no real idea why this is happening, especially

when for another posse member it is fine...

Edited by Krommer
SadieAdler

Ohh yes I hate this bug too. It's been in the game for a long time. They fixed it for a while (it was in their patch notes), but it's returned again recently unfortunately. As far as I'm aware there's no way to avoid it, but whenever it does happen I'll just quit the game and reload with all my moonshine still there 

• Like 1

if you're getting an infinite black loading screen after you hit sell:

join a friend / community member's session then decline the "are you sure" message.

always fixed this garbage mess for me.

• Like 2