3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Will we get GTA IV on PS5?

It's already on Xbox Series X. We didn't get it on PS4 because R* doesn't want to go back to the old PS3 version due to the PS3 having it's cell architecture that made developing games for the PS3 games complicated as a result I'm guessing the code is probably too complicated to revisit and would make a remaster very complicated. I still have hope that they will find a way somehow to get it to the PS5 but with how R* has been lately with the focus on GTA Online and not really caring about it's old games it's looking very unlikely.

I just want to play GTA IV on my PS5 man and not on no stupid PSnow either.

Just thinking about the driving with the dualsense controller ooof....

Edited by Zello
Algonquin Assassin

Yeah. It sucks. The 3D era GTAs, Bully and The Warriors can all be played through BC on the PS5, but not GTA IV/EFLC.😢

It doesn’t bother me too much as I have a 360 and XB1 so I can still play it, but I would still like to play it on my PS5.

Maybe later on in the PS5’s lifespan Sony may extend BC with older generations, but they seem to have a very different attitude towards it compared to Microsoft so I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

Just now, Algonquin Assassin said:

Maybe later on in the PS5’s lifespan Sony may extend BC with older generations, but they seem to have a very different attitude towards it compared to Microsoft so I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

Yeah Jim Ryan the head of playstation has repeatedly said that he doesn't care about old games.

• Like 1

I hope so but it's doubtful, Rockstar doesn't seem to care about GTA IV anymore. Its really annoying how I always have to play GTA IV on my PS3..(I don't use it anymore apart from that game)

Algonquin Assassin
4 minutes ago, Zello said:

Yeah Jim Ryan the head of playstation has repeatedly said that he doesn't care about old games.

I wonder what it would take to emulate GTA IV as a PS4 game? After all that’s basically what the 3D era GTAs, Bully and The Warriors are.

The downside to that is of course they can only be played digitally however it pretty much cheats Sony’s own BC rule by playing games from previous generations.

Look at how many people are active on this forum and maybe on subreddit GTAIV. There's only a handful of players. Rockstar doesn't give a sh*t about this game... Hell on the newest update it doesn't even start without applying fixes yourself on a modern machine. It is silly to imagine that they will port this game to PS5, they will sooner port SA and VC, because it would actually make sense since these games have a fan base not like IV. 

Algonquin Assassin
41 minutes ago, kartoshka said:

Look at how many people are active on this forum and maybe on subreddit GTAIV. There's only a handful of players. Rockstar doesn't give a sh*t about this game... Hell on the newest update it doesn't even start without applying fixes yourself on a modern machine. It is silly to imagine that they will port this game to PS5, they will sooner port SA and VC, because it would actually make sense since these games have a fan base not like IV. 

You do realise that NO PS3 games are currently BC on the PS5 right? This has nothing to do with R* not giving a sh*t about GTA IV or GTA IV not having a fanbase (lol) and it's more on Sony's stringent BC policy.

GTA IV can be played on Series X/S so doesn't that knock down your entire argument?

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

You do realise that NO PS3 games are currently BC on the PS5 right? This has nothing to do with R* not giving a sh*t about GTA IV or GTA IV not having a fanbase (lol) and it's more on Sony's stringent BC policy.

GTA IV can be played on Series X/S so that just knocks down your entire argument.

I never implied that there were PS3 games that are BC. I was talking about porting, which is nonsensical for games as old as this, but even less nonsensical from the financial point of view than porting IV.

Since you yourself stated that it's because of stringent Sony's BC policy it means that it requires resources from Rockstar to get (to port) GTA IV on PS5, which will never happen since nobody gives a sh*t about this game, which means there's no money in it.

Algonquin Assassin
9 minutes ago, kartoshka said:

I never implied that there were PS3 games that are BC. I was talking about porting, which is nonsensical for games as old as this, but even less nonsensical from the financial point of view than porting IV.

Since you yourself stated that it's because of stringent Sony's BC policy it means that it requires resources from Rockstar to get (to port) GTA IV on PS5, which will never happen since nobody gives a sh*t about this game, which means there's no money in it.

So why can it be played on Series X/S then? 

4 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

So why can it be played on Series X/S then? 

Since it is backwards compatible... Microsoft just made the Series X/S run versions of games that were made for older consoles.

Algonquin Assassin
11 minutes ago, kartoshka said:

Since it is backwards compatible... Microsoft just made the Series X/S run versions of games that were made for older consoles.

And that's the point I'm making. BC is the main reason PS3 games can't be played on PS5 because the architecture doesn't allow it.

I don't even think there's a port of a current PS3 game. The only thing that comes close is Demon's Souls, but that's a remake not a port.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
18 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

And that's the point I'm making. BC is the main reason PS3 games can't be played on PS5.

I don't even think there's a port of a current PS3 game. The only thing that comes close is Demon's Souls, but that's a remake not a port.

Maybe lack there of BC, not that the BC is the reason, it would be the solution.

Edited by kartoshka
deleted the retarded part
  • Like 1
Algonquin Assassin
12 minutes ago, kartoshka said:

Maybe lack there of BC, not that the BC is the reason, it would be the solution.

Sorry. I worded myself poorly lol.

But yeah. I agree.

21 minutes ago, kartoshka said:

But sadly Sony won't ever make PS3 backwards compatible, since PS3 is cracked and allowing PS3 games to run on PS5 is a security vulnerability

Edited by kartoshka