4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

JackOLanter1982/JackOLantern82 and GTA6

CoryLVV

CoryLVV
This thread will be similar to my grandtheftauto6.net thread where I dive into the history as much as I can and give you my own thoughts about it. If you can't be bothered to read the entire thread I will have my conclusion at the bottom. Let's dive in.

jxe7z1ntif961.png?width=740&format=png&a

pgnyp66jkf961.png?width=740&format=png&a
"JackOLantern1982" is/was a reddit user who claims to have two "very reliable" friends who worked at Kotaku and PC Gamer. This is where they claim to get their information from, with a friend who works at Rockstar confirming/denying it. Their first leak occurred on July 7th, 2019, soon after being deleted along with the reddit account. The reasoning for the thread I am writing now is due to a new "leak" being posted by u/JackOLantern82 claiming it as a continuation of the first one.

dexboqcalf961.png?width=740&format=png&a
The reddit user(s) behind the two threads that have been posted go into a lot of detail with long lists of bullet points about GTAVI. A lot of these details are details that could easily be made up by any user with the idea of GTAVI being in Vice City in the '80s in mind. Below I'm going to list some major points that I want to talk about, if you want to see the full list of both threads go to the sources section.

1. They want to have an incredible 70s/80s soundtrack, but jury is still out on that one.
  2. You can only have weapons on your person. No arsenal in your back pocket. Think RDR2 and Max Payne 3.
  3. Next Gen only. Not PS4/XB1.
  4. Game is still in Pre-Alpha so names, locations, details could and probably will change.
  5. No ETA on a release date.
  6. Game is now their primary focus, alongside another title (which I believe to be Bully 2)

Point 1 | If the game has been in pre-development since 2012 and picked up after 2015 most of the soundtrack would have been chosen by now, the only thing I can see the "jury being out" on is the theme for the trailer.

Point 2 | In a point before this one in the first list of leaks they claim the game will balance realism and arcade but will not be realistic like RDR2. The arsenal in your back pocket has been a pretty big thing and GTA fans have come to expect this. I don't see R* steering off of this path.

Point 3 | Take Two will want to make as much money off of GTAVI as possible. If we expect a 2023/2024 release many people will most likely still be playing on the PS4/XB1 as a lot of people still used the PS3/XB360 some years after next gen came out. They will most likely have a toned down version of the game for last gen consoles on release, if they don't they will most likely lose millions.

Point 4 | I do not believe the game was in pre-alpha at the time of the first leak if pre-production began in 2012 and picked up in 2015. This point was most likely written so when the trailer came out and proved a lot of the leaker's points wrong they could just refer to this point.

Point 5 | The first leak was posted mid-2019 so this was before we even knew about COVID-19. I'd imagine there would be some sort of general ETA on a release date for the game by then, but most likely was affected by COVID-19.

Point 6 | The list talks about Bully 2 being produced alongside GTAVI which we now know was cancelled all the way back in 2017.

Now let's look at the 2019 list of leaks and compare it to Cayo Perico. ZacCoxTV pointed out this point below in a post he made:

• A younger Martin Madrazo will make an appearance as will his father who is a big drug lord at the time. You do some missions for the Madrazo family involving hits on other gangs.

ZacCoxTV points to us doing a heist for Madrazo's son in Cayo Perico and trying to use this to claim that the list might actually be real, but this is a pretty big stretch.

Another point from the list that was kind of brought up in Cayo Perico is this one:

• HEAVILY inspired by Netflix's Narcos

Cayo Perico and El Rubio are both based on Narcos. El Rubio's character is based off of Carlos Lehder and the island is a combination of the one Carlos Lehder owned in the bahamas and the compound is based on one of Pablo Escobar's houses. I still don't believe this gives the list any credibility and was a coincidence.

ukzng0r3pf961.png?width=740&format=png&a

Both lists were posted on two different reddit accounts. The first original leak was posted by u/JackOLantern1982 and then deleted along with the reddit account. The most recent one was posted by u/JackOLantern82 who joined on January 4th, 2021. I really believe these are two different people, both trolling. The two posts are very different, u/JackOLantern1982 going into how they got the information. The original poster of the first list also has far better grammar than the newest one. If you read through the list by u/JackOLantern82 they make a lot of grammatical mistakes while u/JackOLantern1982 didn't make those same mistakes.

1ydxzrlwqf961.png?width=282&format=png&a

jgoeebwrpf961.png?width=740&format=png&a

LegacyKillaHD cited a comment on the original list's thread that said the leaker's friend at Rockstar, was Jack Swanley. This is a fake Rockstar employee that has been exposed by multiple people, going as far as to contact the recruitment department at R* who confirmed they were not a real person.

plrh5hvpuf961.png?width=970&format=png&a
4xnec5vuqf961.png?width=785&format=png&a

wtsm1ryyqf961.png?width=740&format=png&a

Remember how the original poster claimed that one of their friends who had given them the information worked at Kotaku? Well Jason Schreier, who used to work for Kotaku, himself tweeted out that this list was obviously fake.

40d78hzdrf961.png?width=577&format=png&a

7rma5ksirf961.png?width=740&format=png&a

Yan2295, a former R* insider, also commented on the huge list of "leaks" with a tweet. So this is the second really credible person to call this an obvious fake.

a00a0z5srf961.png?width=586&format=png&a

qrqpbm79tf961.png?width=740&format=png&a

This is a troll that's been trolling the Rockstar community and possibly other gaming communities for a while. If the person behind JackOLantern1982 is the same person that faked the Jack Swanley facebook and linkedin profiles then they've been at this for 6+ years now. These two lists of "leaks" are about as credible as me saying my name is Dan Houser. They most likely saw the Inside Gaming video about the Project Americas leak and wrote this list, it's fan fiction.
Edited by CoryLVV
  • Like 7
RamsaySaint77

Yeah Altho the project americas sh*t sounded interesting, I never believed it

I only believe something if Rockstar says it 

BigFloppySausageTits
1 minute ago, RamsaySaint77 said:

Yeah Altho the project americas sh*t sounded interesting, I never believed it

I only believe something if Rockstar says it 

There was something sus in rdr2s files that mentioned “americas” but i think was then swiftly removed from the files soo

but yeah the fact that this nigga calls florida “florencia” or whatever in the hd uni when it isnt, smells cow sh*t

• KEKW 3
DexMacLeod

Man, so much time and effort just to say "fake leaker is fake". ;) Seriously, though, you're just feeding the trolls. They want attention, stop giving it to them.

• Like 6
  • KEKW 1