Jump to content

What the players want - RDRO


FearSlinginShadow

Recommended Posts

FearSlinginShadow

Where are the Heist at? RDR2 has 2 years on the market and there aren't any Heist yet? The Posse system would be perfect for setting up heist just like in GTAV when the first Heists were released. We want to see some Bank Heist, Train Heist, Manson heist!

Also, what about new mount options? Im sure that Rockstar wants to keep the game more realistic or something in that regard, but its a game just like any other and realistic qualities are out the door once you die and respawn. New mounts would be an amazing add! (I.e Bulls, Bison, legendary horses/animals.) 

The more luxury desire for additions aside from cooler/new mounts... A personal house to buy with acreage.. more or less. RDR Online would be more amazing and customer beckoning with these great additions. A personal house that you can buy upgrades, themes and additions for with either in game currency or something along those lines. 

We all know Rockstar is a very hardworking and busy company, and there isn't enough to say about their accomplishments, but still we as the fans.. WE WANT MORE!

 

Edited by FearSlinginShadow
Spelling
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BUT THE BENZ

R* accomplished a lot with THE BENZ around. since he's gone....well

  • Like 3

PS4 - Henry_Yo

----------------------

JUSTICE FOR THE BENZ!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2021 at 5:53 PM, FearSlinginShadow said:

Where are the Heist at? RDR2 has 2 years on the market and there aren't any Heist yet? The Posse system would be perfect for setting up heist just like in GTAV when the first Heists were released. We want to see some Bank Heist, Train Heist, Manson heist!

Also, what about new mount options? Im sure that Rockstar wants to keep the game more realistic or something in that regard, but its a game just like any other and realistic qualities are out the door once you die and respawn. New mounts would be an amazing add! (I.e Bulls, Bison, legendary horses/animals.) 

The more luxury desire for additions aside from cooler/new mounts... A personal house to buy with acreage.. more or less. RDR Online would be more amazing and customer beckoning with these great additions. A personal house that you can buy upgrades, themes and additions for with either in game currency or something along those lines. 

We all know Rockstar is a very hardworking and busy company, and there isn't enough to say about their accomplishments, but still we as the fans.. WE WANT MORE!

 

Now that you told them that don't ever expect to see it. They'll do exactly the opposite as they've been doing all along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want a donkey mount, that is as average/good as the other horses!  ;)

 

If they ever had the properties, especially the "shack"/"house" whatever at McFarlane's for 40 gold (mined, by people, in the files), 

something like a donkey mount would seem to fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen a guy on youtube who said that they shouldn't add heists because it's not an outlaw game and you can do plenty of outlaw things (he meant the stranger missions).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, IllregentHUN said:

I've seen a guy on youtube who said that they shouldn't add heists because it's not an outlaw game and you can do plenty of outlaw things (he meant the stranger missions).

I would agree that they should not focus on just adding heists and "outlaw" style game play additions, because they can also expand on other aspects of what the game offers us. So I see where the youtuber is coming from, R* needs to actually focus on all the types of players they have contributing to this game. And not all players want to be outlaws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope RDRO have a future with "Both" of the worlds for the players.

 

We need to see more or some "illegal" roles like Moonshiner, something like heists, non-stranger FR related-active robberies, kidnap/loan shark missions and etc ... for those who want to be Outlaws.

 

Neutral options like Collector and Trader are nice, i like those roles and like the Bounty Hunter, they are the three original roles and for many they have their charm since they are very distinctive experiences.

 

And ...

 

More legal options such as being legal owners of business or a more friendly "legal" or dual kind of approach to roles like they made with Naturalist (which could have a better execution of the hunter/poacher version for Gus) would be interesting.

 

I know people have something against PVP active content mainly because of the griefing/tryhards posses or people, but ...

 

I expected to see a more FR PVP active update for the Bounty Hunter role, more akin to lawman vs outlaw, like targets being shown on the map and negative karma + improved rewards if someone rescued a bounty target from a bounty hunter.

 

Well ... i expect active PVP roles or FR missions since we have a risk/reward feature used on the Trader role, maybe they can improve that for newer roles, Heists on a similar treatment like GTA but since the stealth is far better applied while on missions i expect a better experience and ... also legendary fishes or newer animals, i like to hunt or fish while chilling on my free time so since Naturalist is a thing (i expect to see at least the legendary fishes).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DuduLima said:

I hope RDRO have a future with "Both" of the worlds for the players.

 

We need to see more or some "illegal" roles like Moonshiner, something like heists, non-stranger FR related-active robberies, kidnap/loan shark missions and etc ... for those who want to be Outlaws.

 

Neutral options like Collector and Trader are nice, i like those roles and like the Bounty Hunter, they are the three original roles and for many they have their charm since they are very distinctive experiences.

 

And ...

 

More legal options such as being legal owners of business or a more friendly "legal" or dual kind of approach to roles like they made with Naturalist (which could have a better execution of the hunter/poacher version for Gus) would be interesting.

 

I know people have something against PVP active content mainly because of the griefing/tryhards posses or people, but ...

 

I expected to see a more FR PVP active update for the Bounty Hunter role, more akin to lawman vs outlaw, like targets being shown on the map and negative karma + improved rewards if someone rescued a bounty target from a bounty hunter.

 

Well ... i expect active PVP roles or FR missions since we have a risk/reward feature used on the Trader role, maybe they can improve that for newer roles, Heists on a similar treatment like GTA but since the stealth is far better applied while on missions i expect a better experience and ... also legendary fishes or newer animals, i like to hunt or fish while chilling on my free time so since Naturalist is a thing (i expect to see at least the legendary fishes).

 

 

Bounty hunter seems like it would be ideal for PvP activities, for sure. At least you would know those people DO want to participate in it.

 

I suspect that most true griefers do not want PvP that is a risk to them though. There are 3 types:

 

1: They want the quick, cheap shot and run off to another server, rinse and repeat. In the case of PC, they use mods.

 

2: They get a posse up to gang up on one player who isn't doing anything but minding their own business.

 

3: They stick around but if you retaliate they report you and/or call you the griefer.

Edited by StyxTx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A house or apartment you can call your own, but I'd rather not just buy it and be done. 

That would be boring.

Maybe we'd have to run missions to acquire special materials build it if it's a stand alone building, or do favours to help the proprietor keep his hotel running and free from competitor's interference.

Furnishings and decoration could be customisable and require missions and favours to be able to source, perhaps even travelling to....(see below)

 

A map expansion (Mexico?) with many more varied activities and contacts, maybe a riverboat with more gambling to get there.

 

And sure, heists/robberies for those that want them.

After watching many GTA heist runs and doing my own solo Cayo heist once, let's just say I'm retired from heisting. That was enough for me.

Watching the first few times was interesting, being a solo player I'd never had the opportunity, but it gets real old after a while, kinda like grinding crates...no thanks.

Done it, now I'm done.

A robbery (bank, hotel, train station), if done well might be some good gameplay, but not to do over and over.

House robberies like in single player might be decent, maybe.

 

More horses, and obviously more stable stalls would be needed.

 

Fix the saddle issue so everyone won't want to use the same damn saddle and stirrups.

 

More cookie cutter 'businesses' are not what we need, like GTA, there is actually plenty of ways to make money already.

And besides, it's gold that will count, that's what's monetized and is harder to get, so that is how we will get the really good content when (if?) it arrives.

Eventually cash just piles up with very little to use it for, after the initial stages of equipping your character with the tools you want, cosmetics are all that's left.

That means that they desperately need to add something very, very expensive to work toward, otherwise why bother with all the money making activities?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

A house or apartment you can call your own, but I'd rather not just buy it and be done. 

That would be boring.

Maybe we'd have to run missions to acquire special materials build it if it's a stand alone building, or do favours to help the proprietor keep his hotel running and free from competitor's interference.

Furnishings and decoration could be customisable and require missions and favours to be able to source, perhaps even travelling to....(see below)

My personal feeling about a place to "live", and this is based on R* history in this game, is it will be nothing more than a camp with a roof over it. Eat, change clothes, pick up supplies, and use the weapon box. Not really sure what else they can do with a place to live but then I don't have the world's best imagination.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StyxTx said:

My personal feeling about a place to "live", and this is based on R* history in this game, is it will be nothing more than a camp with a roof over it. Eat, change clothes, pick up supplies, and use the weapon box.

 

That is kind of what I thought, with the data-mined names of them running from "mansion" to "Mcfarlane's ranch shack" or something.

From the list, it sounded like they'd probably all have the same things you can do but it was up to you if you wanted to spend 600 gold on a mansion

or 40 gold for a tiny house at McFarlane's. 

 

After all, you can already do pretty much everything at your "camp." The only other use for a property might be if it was instanced and you had some "private" animal types

who might spawn there or something/or perhaps some tie in with breaking a horse or something.

 

Perhaps the reason it has only existed as a "list", as far as being data-mined, is that they didn't really see it adding much to the game

or they didn't want to flesh it out enough as something major like "Rancher." 

Edited by Krommer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Krommer said:

 

That is kind of what I thought, with the data-mined names of them running from "mansion" to "Mcfarlane's ranch shack" or something.

From the list, it sounded like they'd probably all have the same things you can do but it was up to you if you wanted to spend 600 gold on a mansion

or 40 gold for a tiny house at McFarlane's. 

 

After all, you can already do pretty much everything at your "camp." The only other use for a property might be if it was instanced and you had some "private" animal types

who might spawn there or something/or perhaps some tie in with breaking a horse or something.

 

Perhaps the reason it has only existed as a "list", as far as being data-mined, is that they didn't really see it adding much to the game

or they didn't want to flesh it out enough as something major like "Rancher." 

I wonder why they couldn't add those new houses that were in the epilogue of the story, including John's house. Those houses were pretty nice and you could use them to do things like farm or whatever since they have land also, not just a house/shack.

 

As far as data mined info, people should not get too excited about any of it. Seriously, the way R* implements stuff is pretty useless and nothing like what players hope they will be like. We can speculate all we want but time has shown our speculations bear no resemblance to what R* actually does.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2021 at 3:43 AM, StyxTx said:

As far as data mined info, people should not get too excited about any of it. Seriously, the way R* implements stuff is pretty useless and nothing like what players hope they will be like. We can speculate all we want but time has shown our speculations bear no resemblance to what R* actually does.

R* wanted something akin to a pvp warzone that GTA tends to be, but they seriously made the mistake of misunderstanding the vast majority of the RDR player base. That and I still believe they have a problem with the game's programming but don't want to admit to that.

Most of the things players want would take some change in the mechanics of the game, they would also be better utilized or can only be functional in a private or low populated server. And R* doesn't want that, they want a huge number of players just riding around shooting each other up with nowhere to turn to escape the madness. 

Don't be tricked into believing that the PVE activities are on their priority list, they at R* have the inability to understand that players don't need to shoot other players to have fun in an online video game. If they could just grasp that idea a little bit they would look at games like Fallout 4 or Skyrim where players are building stories and worlds without the help of other players being involved. Put the option to play an open world sandbox game like those on console with a group of friends, as in a private server that you can invite people to, and sell DLC content to add different stuff to that world, now that would be a viable seller.

 

Do not get rid of the PVP servers, there are some of us who do like to have some conflict in our games every once in a while. Many of us just want the ability to make that choice. Not to be forced into the possibility of conflict, no matter how small that may be, if all we want is to play a peaceful game.

 

What gets me is that they are now thinking about giving solo players more ability to actually play the game without having to rely on strangers to do missions in GTA. Took them long enough to step up.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Direwrath said:

Do not get rid of the PVP servers, there are some of us who do like to have some conflict in our games every once in a while. Many of us just want the ability to make that choice. Not to be forced into the possibility of conflict, no matter how small that may be, if all we want is to play a peaceful game.

 

What gets me is that they are now thinking about giving solo players more ability to actually play the game without having to rely on strangers to do missions in GTA. Took them long enough to step up.

 

Yeah, they are REALLY late to realizing that  ;)

 

They kind of didn't get, as you and people have said, that RDO has never had the same vibe as GTAO and that

many people want to be left alone to just "do their own thing" without other players jumping them.

 

Defensive mode was a start, but they don't get that a "pro PVP griefer" will still kill you (even on the console, where there is no hacking/cheating.)

I've read that some of them even go more out of their way to kill someone they see in defensive. They then specifically try to get you to automatically

turn offensive, by using the few things you can use in defensive mode to kill them (like dynamite arrows, etc.), so they can REALLY go nuts

and kill you over and over; I fell for that "trap" a while back, until I realized I could USE that wilderness camp and then just instantly port to my camp ;) 

If you haven't done that, it is a great way to escape a PVP griefer.

 

RDO REALLY seems like it should have a "switch", wither a timer/whatever to not exploit it, to just let you not be a victim; it hardly ever

happens to me on Xbox anymore, not sure if it is due to a cooler player base or because my character is now up in the 300 levels.

 

Something else Rockstar did not get was that even though a "local" trader delivery doesn't put you in offensive, with no other player

being able to steal your goods, people still might blow you up just because "they can." I had that happen to me a few weeks ago,

with a bounty delivery from the mine in Annesburg to the Annesburg sheriff (EASY? RIGHT?); I was dumb and decided to put the

guy in my fancy bounty wagon with the embellishments I bought, then a couple of players I was not even aware of blew it up

once I got down the hill on the way to the sheriff's. There was nothing for them to gain, of course.

 

Xbox One GTAO got very relaxing and fun for me, when I read that you can go into GTAO and then Xbox system settings and hit "test nat server"

or whatever, which puts you in a solo lobby. I think they never bothered to "fix" that in GTAO, but they did make it so it just disconnects you/boots

you from the game in RDO (so that made me think they must be aware of it.) That actually makes GTAO playable for me, since otherwise

I was getting blown up by some guy I could not even see whenever I tried to do anything (delivery of crate/cars whatever.) I was REALLY

getting into it then, but then I think RDO came out around that time ;) 

 

It seems like a weird contradiction that doing a Legendary bounty always puts you in a solo session, but just doing trading stuff/collecting casually does not

(or doesn't allow you to have that "choice." )

 

 

 

 

Edited by Krommer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Krommer said:

 

Yeah, they are REALLY late to realizing that  ;)

 

They kind of didn't get, as you and people have said, that RDO has never had the same vibe as GTAO and that

many people want to be left alone to just "do their own thing" without other players jumping them.

 

Defensive mode was a start, but they don't get that a "pro PVP griefer" will still kill you (even on the console, where there is no hacking/cheating.)

I've read that some of them even go more out of their way to kill someone they see in defensive. They then specifically try to get you to automatically

turn offensive, by using the few things you can use in defensive mode to kill them (like dynamite arrows, etc.), so they can REALLY go nuts

and kill you over and over; I fell for that "trap" a while back, until I realized I could USE that wilderness camp and then just instantly port to my camp ;) 

If you haven't done that, it is a great way to escape a PVP griefer.

 

RDO REALLY seems like it should have a "switch", wither a timer/whatever to not exploit it, to just let you not be a victim; it hardly ever

happens to me on Xbox anymore, not sure if it is due to a cooler player base or because my character is now up in the 300 levels.

 

Something else Rockstar did not get was that even though a "local" trader delivery doesn't put you in offensive, with no other player

being able to steal your goods, people still might blow you up just because "they can." I had that happen to me a few weeks ago,

with a bounty delivery from the mine in Annesburg to the Annesburg sheriff (EASY? RIGHT?); I was dumb and decided to put the

guy in my fancy bounty wagon with the embellishments I bought, then a couple of players I was not even aware of blew it up

once I got down the hill on the way to the sheriff's. There was nothing for them to gain, of course.

 

Xbox One GTAO got very relaxing and fun for me, when I read that you can go into GTAO and then Xbox system settings and hit "test nat server"

or whatever, which puts you in a solo lobby. I think they never bothered to "fix" that in GTAO, but they did make it so it just disconnects you/boots

you from the game in RDO (so that made me think they must be aware of it.) That actually makes GTAO playable for me, since otherwise

I was getting blown up by some guy I could not even see whenever I tried to do anything (delivery of crate/cars whatever.) I was REALLY

getting into it then, but then I think RDO came out around that time ;) 

 

It seems like a weird contradiction that doing a Legendary bounty always puts you in a solo session, but just doing trading stuff/collecting casually does not

(or doesn't allow you to have that "choice." )

 

 

 

 

Yep, and I love how they announced the introduction to solo heist missions as if it was just the greatest thing since sliced bread. 😆

 

Defensive mode is a help but it doesn't completely deter bad behavior. Like you said, they will still blow you up and even local trade sells are not safe from marauding fools.

Also, more often than not, it's typically when I am in defensive is when I get attacked. 

 

Luckily I am on the Xbox as well and from the second day or release to now it has been a rather peaceful online world for me, sure there are the random players here and there but that's a rarity. Heck I can usually ride into a fight between players and not even have a gun intentionally fired on me, and most other players I meet just mind their own business. 

 

It just seems to me that R* just has no concept of how to make an online game that matches their story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

i had said it before:

 

One thing i would see is Davis Overland Dispatch missions where you take a passenger/s and valuable goods to a given destination on time and maybe could be robbed or ambushed by NPCs (or other players?)...

(Like the Franklin taxi service in GTAV...)

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Edited by roggek
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
aaronBLUEeyes

Title should just say RDO = Red Dead Online, nobody says RDRO

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Rancher Role that lets you buy an instanced house, similar to the Moonshine Shack with themes and the like.  

Rancher Missions: Tame Wild Horse (add to stable at reduced cost or sell at market), Herd Cattle, Guard Duty, Tend Crops, and random events such as a fire or a bandit attack.

Ranchers could also host group missions (Posse) for the same types, above, or go rogue with Steal Cattle, Horse Rustling, and Ranch Heist (attack a rival ranch/farm).

Ranchers could also host group PVP Events where people can come as either Bandit or Hands (attackers/defenders) in the queue.

 

Ranches could have various nodes you can acquire that add functionality, like Farm Land, Liquor Shack, Lodges, or Livery.

Farm Land to add Tend Crops missions and let you grow certain plants for the season (that you can either sell or keep; Corn or Tobacco, for example).

Liquor Shack to open up group missions like Horse Rustling or Ranch Heists... also works as a Fence.

Lodges that give you a small daily cash reward (which you must collect or it is lost), and places a random Stranger in your Ranch (making their respective mission available to you).

Livery to open up Tame Wild Horse missions and allow you to stable or sell them.

 

Additionally, Ranches should allow you to "rest up" and "lie low".

Rest Up: Sleeping in your own bed gives you golden cores and a small XP bonus for an hour or so.  Moves game time forward 8 hours.

Lie Low: Lying Low allows you to keep a low profile for a while, reducing any Bounties on you by $1.00.  You may only Lie Low once per RL day.

 

And, lastly, the Rancher Role should allow you to pursue a Love Interest storyline. 

This NPC becomes your quest-giver at the Ranch and is designed by you (you rescue them and they are initially veiled by bandages or some other mechanism, until you can design them in a mirror at the ranch).

 

Thoughts?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

There are many things that I coud suggest.  But topping the list is new kinds of missions.

 

A particularly good new mission was one I found (I believe) as a telegram.   It sent me to steal from a mansion in St. Denis near the water. 

 

The interesting part was that it had no time limit and it was possible to use stealth instead of the usual forced shootout.   I emptied the house without being spotted.   It was a lot of fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
williamhcarlton

I want for more of the playerbase to upgrade to PC or next-gen console at least, so that Rockstar has a userbase for this game they can develop new content for and actually realistically roll it out to. Anyone heavily invested in their last-gen console version of the game should not be complaining about the lack of new content while languishing on these old systems. These laggards are part of the reason the game is not seeing more robust development, in my view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I'd just like to see the same attention given to RDRO that GTAO has been given.  What I mean is, for example, some expansion on the roles.  Consider the similar roles of the Trader and the CEO.  They both do similar jobs, where they gather goods, store them, and eventually deliver them to a destination.  In RDRO, you get goods by hunting.  That's it, that's the only way to get goods (though you do get some from resupply missions).  Meanwhile, the CEO gathers goods by doing a whole host of different activities, such as stealing from other CEOs, gangs and so forth.  Retrieving a vehicle with goods that is protected by a gang.  Doing jobs for someone else who then gives you goods, and so on.  These jobs usually involve cars, but can include boats and planes too.  Deliveries are also more various in GTAO.  Traders in RDRO just drive their goods to a train station... and that's it.  You're guaranteed to have to shoot someone along the way, either on the road or at the station, but there's no question about it, and no variety in the mission.  GTAO has us delivering things in a variety of ways... dropping some off at various locations, either by plane or truck; transporting goods to a boat, by boat, etc.

 

You get the idea.  There is room for RDRO to have tasks like this for ALL the roles, so there's more variety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.