4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Please do not make GTA 6 online all fantasy militaristic warzone

Pain_32

Pain_32

I enjoyed GTA5 online until they started adding bunkers, tanks, futuristic weapons, hover crafts, jets, etc. Seem like it turned into a big fantasy war zone. Managing your company became even more harder. My last straw was a couple of days ago. I logged in for the first time in 2 yrs and saw a person on a hover craft. I logged back out. It gotten ridiculous.

It's just an all out killing spree with no team work. Products easily being destroyed from other players experimental weapons. It's so bad that people are buying in game currency rather than sell their products due to it being very easy destroying them now. 

• Like 5
DexMacLeod

The futuristic and weaponized stuff never really made a difference to me. Freeroam was always a chaotic, PVP nightmare. I haven't played Online in years but I'm not sure I would have played at all if it weren't for the solo public glitches. Like most multiplayer games, GTA Online is only as fun as the people you're playing with allow it to be.

• Like 1
testarossa 86

GTA has never truly been about realism, while it does have a lot of realistic aspects, it still allows itself to be goofy and out of line here and there.

we've seen this in GTA: SA the most, having things such as the jetpack.

I can see your point though, when the game first started it was fairly simple then turned into nearly every vehicle being tactical armed with missiles.

however, as stated by someone else, it never made a difference to me either. just kind of accepted it or got use to it for what it is.

FanEu7

As long as SP doesn't go that far (GTA Online is basically like Saints Row in terms of how over the top it is) I don't care

MrBreak16

The number one reason I don’t play GTA Online is that as soon as I log in, someone stars following me and killing me over and over again

• KEKW 2
MrBreak16
3 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

As long as SP doesn't go that far (GTA Online is basically like Saints Row in terms of how over the top it is) I don't care

Unlikely Rockstar wouldn’t put that in the single player

• Like 1

it will be whatever R* choose, and R* will choose whatever makes the most money.

Unfortunately it will be similar to how GTAO is now

• Like 1
Schwartzxz

please do not make GTA6O at all. I know they will but you know.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2
Eternal Moonshine
22 hours ago, testarossa 86 said:

we've seen this in GTA: SA the most, having things such as the jetpack.

Rockstar managed to strike a perfect balance of fun and realism with San Andreas. even the jetpack was there for a reason which made perfect sense.  GTAO is over the top for the sake of being over the top

• Like 3
KevinR1990

At times, I feel like GTA V has turned into Righteous Slaughter 7, the shooter parody that Jimmy (and Cara Delevingne) played. Slowly but surely, it turned into a parody of itself in which you wield sci-fi (or at least military-grade) weaponry and vehicles -- flying cars, hoverbikes, jetpacks, nuclear submarines, mobile command centers, weaponized cars, even a kill-sat with a death ray -- to blast your enemies, all while growing increasingly detached from what is supposed to be a present-day Southern California setting. The fact that I was able to watch the trailer for Free Guy and pick out the exact elements of GTA Online that they were spoofing says it all.

If this is the direction Rockstar is going to keep going in, then that's fine by me, but at the very least, just cut out the pretense and make the next GTA outright set in the future, not what's supposed to be a world that looks like our own. (Matter of fact, right now I'm picturing what Cyberpunk 2077 would've looked like if Rockstar North made it to their normal standard of quality.)

• KEKW 2
CoryLVV
8 minutes ago, KevinR1990 said:

At times, I feel like GTA V has turned into Righteous Slaughter 7, the shooter parody that Jimmy (and Cara Delevingne) played. Slowly but surely, it turned into a parody of itself in which you wield sci-fi (or at least military-grade) weaponry and vehicles -- flying cars, hoverbikes, jetpacks, nuclear submarines, mobile command centers, weaponized cars, even a kill-sat with a death ray -- to blast your enemies, all while growing increasingly detached from what is supposed to be a present-day Southern California setting. The fact that I was able to watch the trailer for Free Guy and pick out the exact elements of GTA Online that they were spoofing says it all.

If this is the direction Rockstar is going to keep going in, then that's fine by me, but at the very least, just cut out the pretense and make the next GTA outright set in the future, not what's supposed to be a world that looks like our own. (Matter of fact, right now I'm picturing what Cyberpunk 2077 would've looked like if Rockstar North made it to their normal standard of quality.)

I feel like the sci-fi weapons were part of the cut SP DLC that involved aliens, which sucks because I would have loved to have seen the UFO and alien easter eggs be explained in that DLC.

Edited by CoryLVV
bladee
On 1/3/2021 at 11:49 PM, MrBreak16 said:

The number one reason I don’t play GTA Online is that as soon as I log in, someone stars following me and killing me over and over again

Completely agree, 10 year olds with an unlimited supply of shark cards killing me repeatedly has definitely ruined the GTA:O experience I used to love.

• Like 2
Thomas Cavendish
On 1/3/2021 at 2:22 PM, Pain_32 said:

Seem like it turned into a big fantasy war zone.

I totally agree.
It is a completely nonsense.
it looks like a mix of Kung Fury and the final battle from Avengers Endgame.

My hope is that they keep dealing with it like two separate games, single player and this madness.

FanEu7
13 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

I totally agree.
It is a completely nonsense.
it looks like a mix of Kung Fury and the final battle from Avengers Endgame.

My hope is that they keep dealing with it like two separate games, single player and this madness.

Its nonsense but fun, Online shouldn't be restricted by realism.

Still I 100% agree that they need to keep both separate, the SP turning into that ridiculous Saints Row esque mess would be awful

• Like 2
fanboi69
On 1/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, FanEu7 said:

SP is actually the place I'd be okay with the crazy vehicles, only as easter eggs though that maybe unlock as a reward from collectibles or asomething. I don't need over the top silly missions to make them make sense, just have them be optional things you can find and mess with or be cheat codes so they don't break the immersion of the single player story. I just think about vehicles like the Phantom Wedge/Ramp Buggy or the Insurgent and really wish I could mess with those using Franklins special ability.

Edited by fanboi69
  • Like 1
cp1dell
On 1/3/2021 at 3:20 PM, testarossa 86 said:

GTA: SA the most, having things such as the jetpack.

You had me up until here.

I'm so sick of this lazy contrived, Rockstar/GTAO apologist argument. Come the hell on, really? It was one jetpack. It was basic, archaic, and appeared inside one mission, before available from one location in freeroam. GTAO up until a point seemed to follow a basic theme. Not "realism," but "grounded." Military bunkers, over the top heists, typical hollywood nonsense.

But now there's flying cars, laser rifles, flying bikes with rockets shooting off of them, Mad Max Arenas sitting in the middle of Los Santos. When's the GTAO protagonist going to become president, and then get placed inside a virtual reality version of Los Santos and gain super powers? But hey! People loved San Andreas, and that game had ONE jetpack, so it makes total sense for GTAO to line itself with science fiction! That's how GTA has always been!

Edited by cp1dell
  • Like 3
testarossa 86
9 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

You had me up until here.

I'm so sick of this lazy contrived, Rockstar/GTAO apologist argument. Come the hell on, really? It was one jetpack. It was basic, archaic, and appeared inside one mission, before available from one location in freeroam. GTAO up until a point seemed to follow a basic theme. Not "realism," but "grounded." Military bunkers, over the top heists, typical hollywood nonsense.

But now there's flying cars, laser rifles, flying bikes with rockets shooting off of them, Mad Max Arenas sitting in the middle of Los Santos. When's the GTAO protagonist going to become president, and then get placed inside a virtual reality version of Los Santos and gain super powers? But hey! People loved San Andreas, and that game had ONE jetpack, so it makes total sense for GTAO to line itself with science fiction! That's how GTA has always been!

I mean I agree.

we went from basic heists in 2015 to "saving the world" in 2017.

I do agree, GTA Online felt grounded up until the end of 2017.

I think many would also prefer a more grounded version of GTA Online, but it's too late now.

although, like many, I just got use to it.

I had heard people claim these futuristic items is to appeal to the younger crowd and that's why Rockstar even went out of their way to have their game free on Epic Games.

boosting shark card sales obviously.

DexMacLeod
38 minutes ago, fanboi69 said:

SP is actually the place I'd be okay with the crazy vehicles, only as easter eggs though that maybe unlock as a reward from collectibles or asomething. I don't need over the top silly missions to make them make sense, just have them be optional things you can find and mess with or be cheat codes so they don't break the immersion of the single player story. I just think about vehicles like the Phantom Wedge/Ramp Buggy or the Insurgent and really wish I could mess with those using Franklins special ability.

Agreed. The problem with all those vehicles isn't so much that they exist, it's how people use them. I'd love to fly my Deluxo around in single player and maybe finally do some of those collectibles. I get that they'll likely never do it, because of shark cards, but if 9th gen GTA V were to add a new game+ mode with all the GTA Online vehicles added in I might actually consider buying it again.

4 minutes ago, testarossa 86 said:

I had heard people claim these futuristic items is to appeal to the younger crowd and that's why Rockstar even went out of their way to have their game free on Epic Games.

boosting shark card sales obviously.

That might be part of it, but I think it's also just "natural" progression. GTA games tend to get more and more ridiculous as the stories drag out. I think if they were to have produced 7+ years of single player DLC stretching out the main story we still would have gotten flying cars with built in rocket launchers at some point.

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8

I dunno why all this dumb futuristic and military stuff has to be the ONLY option. Like, doesn't being a gritty badass criminal appeal to anyone? I just don't get it, the flashy stuff and silly sci fi stuff has never been the appealing thing about GTA for me. Like everything apparently has to involve nightclubs and douchey hipster characters now. It's f*cking lame. I don't get how this apparently so much more appealing to the vast majority of people than playing as/feeling like an actual criminal. And I would've felt the same way as a teenager. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 3
On 1/5/2021 at 5:47 PM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I dunno why all this dumb futuristic and military stuff has to be the ONLY option. Like, doesn't being a gritty badass criminal appeal to anyone? I just don't get it, the flashy stuff and silly sci fi stuff has never been the appealing thing about GTA for me. Like everything apparently has to involve nightclubs and douchey hipster characters now. It's f*cking lame. I don't get how this apparently so much more appealing to the vast majority of people than playing as/feeling like an actual criminal. And I would've felt the same way as a teenager. 

Futuristic military crap is what 2021 kids want, so thats what they'll provide. True crime grit is more of a thing of the past unfortunately. They are targeting their game at little kids despite it being an 18

billiejoearmstrong8
11 hours ago, TF141 said:

Futuristic military crap is what 2021 kids want, so thats what they'll provide. True crime grit is more of a thing of the past unfortunately. They are targeting their game at little kids despite it being an 18

They are doing that but it's not little little kids, it's the same age who always sneakily played GTA and used to enjoy it for the crime and how not for little kids it was. And I don't believe in "kids today" having terrible taste/being the worst etc. Maybe it's more with parents in mind (making them more likely to let their kids play). But it seems like more than just that, they're targeting their entire audience with it and there's still plenty of adults playing and spending money. Things like making every heist revolve around nightclubs and hipsters when it could've been a badass criminal thing, I really don't see how that particularly appeals to anyone (adults or kids). Just totally leaves me cold. Can only hope it stays online and doesn't infect the story mode. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

They are doing that but it's not little little kids, it's the same age who always sneakily played GTA and used to enjoy it for the crime and how not for little kids it was. And I don't believe in "kids today" having terrible taste/being the worst etc. Maybe it's more with parents in mind (making them more likely to let their kids play). But it seems like more than just that, they're targeting their entire audience with it and there's still plenty of adults playing and spending money. Things like making every heist revolve around nightclubs and hipsters when it could've been a badass criminal thing, I really don't see how that particularly appeals to anyone (adults or kids). Just totally leaves me cold. Can only hope it stays online and doesn't infect the story mode. 

When us older people were kids we didnt have the internet that much, so it was just single player is where we spent most of our time. 

Idk what it is, but kids taste these days is just dumb things like the oppressor, and as a company R* will push  more towards that because its usually those dumb kids thatt spend the most money in the game