1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Bring back a better stock market and add money management mech.

Pain_32

Pain_32

I loved the concept of it in GTA 5, but it just didn't work. The random stock prices made it impossible to make money unless you do the assassination missions which is only 5. 

In GTA 6

Allow real impact on stock prices from player action in the game (story mode). Destroying other companies property can lower the stock value at the cost of raising prices of items the players buy. For example, you destoy car lots filled with expensive cars. The company takes a hit and raises it prices for cars. Now if the player tries to buy a car. They may have to pay $25k instead of $15k. The more car lots you destroy, the lower the stock value, the higher the car prices. The more you destroy, the longer it will take for the stocks to recover.

A player can screw their own selves up by causing so much damage just to lower the sticks that it will raise the prices of products to where the player can't even afford. The player also has to wait a long time for the stocks to recover after buying on at a low price. 

Another way is to help another company raise their stock value after investing in them by helping them in random missions or sabotaging their competitors. 

Another problem is having so much money at no risk of losing it. Need a mech added to where owned businesses requires upkeep. Owned homes/apartments requires weekly or monthly mortgage/rent. Businesses requires consumers to increase income instead of "buy this building and automatically get 5k income weekly."

• Like 1
Racecarlock

Monthly mortgage and rent? That's what I play GTA to get away from. I want to use the money I get in a game to buy cars, guns, drugs, lap dances, and maybe stocks to earn more money to get cars, guns, drugs, and lap dances with. The business upkeep thing doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun either. Like, what, do I have to keep repairing broken lights with my gun and sports car money?

I do like the idea of sabotaging for money and stock prices, though, because that involves getting to break stuff.

• Like 2
PhantomJawn

I'd like to see more Franklin Assasination missions in GTA VI to incorporate more stock market sabotaging.

Zello

No. we're criminals in GTA not stockbrokers no thank you.

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 5
Kris194

I loved the concept of stock market in GTA V, it made world way more realistic but I was disappointed when I realized, that it's basically mission scripted thing only. I hope, that Rockstar will improve stock market in GTA VI.

RedDagger
23 hours ago, Zello said:

No. we're criminals in GTA not stockbrokers no thank you.

wait, those are different things?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 3
Algonquin Assassin
12 hours ago, Kris194 said:

I loved the concept of stock market in GTA V, it made world way more realistic but I was disappointed when I realized, that it's basically mission scripted thing only. I hope, that Rockstar will improve stock market in GTA VI.

I thought it was a great idea in theory, but in practice I didn’t like how heavily it was hinged on to make serious money outside of the heists.

Missing stock tips was a very easy thing to do. If they could somehow make it less tedious and more free form it could be a welcome addition.

• Like 1
RedDagger

As a more serious response, yeah I remember when GTA V first released and there was some confusion over how you could change the stock prices (i.e. before people realised you could only do it through the scripted missions), and the concept of being able to affect a company's stock price by rampaging in free roam was eagerly talked about. It's not just an intuitive mechanic, but it meshes so well with GTA's free roam mayhem in bringing even a little bit of purpose to what you're doing - say, the idea of hunting down the trucks of a specific company, or raiding a warehouse, or causing chaos around their headquarters...shorting their stock, or to keep things simple and not involving financial derivatives, buying stocks of rivals and seeing them climb. Basically giving the stock market an actual purpose that's connected to the game you're playing, instead of a website you can go to to either gamble on a boring random number generator or save scum some profit. I'm not sure how you could implement directly helping a company without making it feel contrived, like scripted delivery missions or something, since that's more just doing menial stuff the company is already doing and doesn't feel impactful enough to increase the stock price, but I'm all for adding gameplay outside of "drive here kill/destroy thing". 

Personally I'm a little biased, since my desire in most video games is purely the world itself; making it deeper, more complex, more dynamic, a world that exists and changes without the player being the centre but you can nudge things around to have rippling effects. At the same time, I can see how a stock market where you can have consistent outcomes would be hard to balance since the percentage increase means you can grow large amounts of money at larger and larger amounts vs growing your wealth at a steady rate earning fixed amounts, though there's gotta be some sort of feedback mechanism you can implement to prevent it from being an easy billionaire creator.

MrBreak16
7 hours ago, RedDagger said:

As a more serious response, yeah I remember when GTA V first released and there was some confusion over how you could change the stock prices (i.e. before people realised you could only do it through the scripted missions), and the concept of being able to affect a company's stock price by rampaging in free roam was eagerly talked about. It's not just an intuitive mechanic, but it meshes so well with GTA's free roam mayhem in bringing even a little bit of purpose to what you're doing - say, the idea of hunting down the trucks of a specific company, or raiding a warehouse, or causing chaos around their headquarters...shorting their stock, or to keep things simple and not involving financial derivatives, buying stocks of rivals and seeing them climb. Basically giving the stock market an actual purpose that's connected to the game you're playing, instead of a website you can go to to either gamble on a boring random number generator or save scum some profit. I'm not sure how you could implement directly helping a company without making it feel contrived, like scripted delivery missions or something, since that's more just doing menial stuff the company is already doing and doesn't feel impactful enough to increase the stock price, but I'm all for adding gameplay outside of "drive here kill/destroy thing". 

Personally I'm a little biased, since my desire in most video games is purely the world itself; making it deeper, more complex, more dynamic, a world that exists and changes without the player being the centre but you can nudge things around to have rippling effects. At the same time, I can see how a stock market where you can have consistent outcomes would be hard to balance since the percentage increase means you can grow large amounts of money at larger and larger amounts vs growing your wealth at a steady rate earning fixed amounts, though there's gotta be some sort of feedback mechanism you can implement to prevent it from being an easy billionaire creator.

There was a glitch in the base version of GTA V on PS4 and Xbox One where you could get up to $2.1 Billion in a few minutes using the life invader stock market. After doing the mission where you put a bomb in a phone to kill that guy I forgot the name, you could go in the life invader stock, put all of your money in, sell your profits and end up with double the amount of money you first had. I was able to get to the money limit with all 3 characters. Sadly they patched it since...

Edited by MrBreak16
wise_man

It depend on the protagonist's background, if it is an ambitious criminal like Tommy Vercetti, then I don't mind for a stock market.

But for a simple guy living his life like Niko Bellic, then a stock market wouldn't fit for him.