1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What's so wrong with GTA V's story/How would you fix it?

RobeX

FanEu7
4 minutes ago, Ryo256 said:

Watch_Dogs 1 and 2, Mafia 2 and 3, Just Cause 2,3 and 4, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 3 and 4 are better than GTA V in my humble opinion.

GTA V is better than Cyberpunk 2077 which isn't saying much in my humble opinion.

I think the positive public opinion on GTA V was more related to hype and bandwagoning than it actually being good on its own in my humble opinion.

Reveal hidden contents

In My Humble Opinion

If that was true its reputation would have already declined since its been 7 years, yet outside this forum its still very popular even if plenty also prefer SA or GTA IV.  Like even if its not a masterpiece for many, most agree that it's a great game

Honestly I prefer Mafia 2 and Sleeping Dogs too in terms of story and characters (not open world though), they were amazing. But disagree on the rest, they were average at best or straight up bad

Edited by FanEu7
Ryo256
20 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

If that was true its reputation would have already declined since its been 7 years, yet outside this forum its still very popular

Can you say the same if GTAO didin't existed? If Rockstar hadn't released this game over and over again? The last year's Epic Games free giveaway? If Youtubers and modders were not making content off it? Even now as you speak, there is an enhanced version coming out (which is more for Online getting a separation port than GTA V). Of course it will stay popular, very few games get milked like this. But being milked, doesn't define its quality. And sadly.....people are just asking for GTA 6 now or a story DLC atleast....we're tired...of this game.

20 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

they were average at best or straight up bad

Yes.......you said this many times....over the span of few weeks.

Edited by Ryo256
  • Like 2
FanEu7
17 minutes ago, Ryo256 said:

Can you say the same if GTAO didin't existed? If Rockstar hadn't released this game over and over again? The last year's Epic Games free giveaway? If Youtubers and modders were not making content off it? Even now as you speak, there is an enhanced version coming out (which is more for Online getting a separation port than GTA V). Of course it will stay popular, very few games get milked like this. But being milked, doesn't define its quality. And sadly.....people are just asking for GTA 6 now or a story DLC atleast....we're tired...of this game.

Yes.......you said this many times....over the span of few weeks.

Yes because we are talking about the SP here which is still liked by most and is overall considered to be a very good game. GTA Online's popularity has nothing to do with that. Of course people want GTA VI now (its been 7 years) but that doesn't mean they dislike GTA V. 

And you have said in the past few weeks how much you dislike GTA V, we are all repeating ourselves here

Edited by FanEu7
Ryo256
6 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

Yes because we are talking about the SP here which is still liked by most and is overall considered to be a very good game. GTA Online's popularity has nothing to do with that. 

SP is piggyback-riding Online's popularity. Without it, it would have faded. That's the point I was making.

And you have said in the past few weeks how much you dislike GTA V, we are all repeating ourselves here

I don't go replying to most GTA V fans here praising the game in thread with a "Disagree, I dislike GTA V".

Edited by Ryo256
  • Like 1
Thelema93
50 minutes ago, Ryo256 said:

Watch_Dogs 1 and 2, Mafia 2 and 3, Just Cause 2,3 and 4, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 3 and 4 are better than GTA V in my humble opinion.

GTA V is better than Cyberpunk 2077 which isn't saying much in my humble opinion.

I think the positive public opinion on GTA V was more related to hype and bandwagoning than it actually being good on its own in my humble opinion.

Reveal hidden contents

In My Humble Opinion

Doesn't sound very humble to me

• YEE 1
Ryo256
Just now, Thelema93 said:

Doesn't sound very humble to me

There's a context behind the joke. 

Thelema93
Just now, Ryo256 said:

There's a context behind the joke. 

You should be more straightforward instead of a passive aggressive bitch 

• KEKW 2
Ryo256
Just now, Thelema93 said:

You should be more straightforward instead of a passive aggressive bitch 

Trevor pls.

• KEKW 1
Thelema93
Just now, Ryo256 said:

Trevor pls.

You know better than that M 

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
Ryo256
32 minutes ago, Thelema93 said:

You know better than that M 

w3YaM1Y.png

Edited by Ryo256
  • KEKW 1
Ondr4H

All I wanted from GTA V was Heat movie style game. Michael beign cold blooded not cartoon figure with family problems.
Not involved with FIB but actually chased by them.
Doing heist for steady income not giving all cuts to helicopters or any BS that FIB come with.

For Franklin I expected bigger role in gang life, these missions are so action packed and yet rare.

For Trevor I expected nothing else . He can do Its job done, he can solve its problems by himself. But I expected more warfare with bikers and Johnny beign main antagonist not that methead with toothless gums killed like fly.

Yeah actually it is Heat movie, but parody of it sorta...

• Like 1
Algonquin Assassin
5 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

For Franklin I expected bigger role in gang life, these missions are so action packed and yet rare.

Remember his character trailer where it made it seem like that's what would we'd be mostly doing? I don't mind if he wanted to get out of the gang life, but the way it's done is lazy IMO. I'm not the biggest fan of CJ, but atleast he works his way to his goals of gaining a better life for himself beyond the hood.

Franklin gets everything handed to him thus it feels like his arc is pointless. It would've been more fulfilling if he didn't get the Vinewood house until towards the end of the story and he could've been forwarded the opportunity to purchase it himself instead of Lester letting him stay there for tax purposes or whatever the reason was.

Overall I think Franklin was a wasted opportunity. He's not necessarily terrible just dull and bland like Vic and Toni. This is where the proposed story DLC could've fleshed out Franklin by giving him some more gang based missions because I agree. The few that are in the game are quite fun. It's just too bad they're far and few between.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 1
DR:BUSTA

After thinking a bit about Franklin I feel like the reason he was bland is 

That CJ and Franklin are both gangstas who knew that living in the hood is very dangerous and would end their life in a lame way because they're wearing green not purble (Franklin knew from thinking , CJ from seeing how it got his brother killed, his mother and nearly his whole family including him during "the green sabre" and made his friends betray him for money) anyway they both work their way to the top but for different reasons (one to save his family , the other saving himself) all coming from the same thoughts 

CJ is just done more interesting

I again appreciate them not wanting him to be the same as CJ but it looks like that they took all of what made CJ interesting for people (being very human for example) and forgot to replace it with new interesting qualities which makes Franklin just a shallow guy who wants to get rich  without any personality traits

cp1dell
4 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Remember his character trailer where it made it seem like that's what would we'd be mostly doing? I don't mind if he wanted to get out of the gang life, but the way it's done is lazy IMO. I'm not the biggest fan of CJ, but atleast he works his way to his goals of gaining a better life for himself beyond the hood.

God, those character trailers are what really did it for me. They really gave off the impression that each character would have their own full fledged plot and arc. Instead their "arcs" are the "B Plot" to the entire game.

• Like 1
Thelema93

f*ck I hate that blitz play and paleto are fib focused.. no.. just no. Grow some balls trio.. Jesus.. it was dragged out big time.. the fib heist could of been done earlier in the story.. Just after the first IAA arc..orchestrated by the trio to get some dirt on the corrupt scumbags Norton and Steve to gain the upper hand in the situation.  And the wrap up could of been the end of it.. and from there we move on to bigger and greater things . With no government interference ruining the pace and development of the story.. after the fib were taken care of madrazo should of been the big bad.. the original exile arc most likely included Frank as well. As seen in that screen shot with him chasing the plane on the Sanchez.. I'd of kept that.  With all three being exiled in Blaine county leading to the end of the game.. perhaps madrazo approaches Franklin and tries to convince him to give up Mike and Trev.. so many different directions they could of taken.  But the trio eventually overthrow madrazo and go on to take the big score in the finale of the game.. 

• Like 2