1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Possible Gta Vi trailer music

Dourvas

Dourvas

This is interesting. Check this out: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI_GQKNJ32p/comments/?hl=en 

This is one of the Circoloco djs. This group is good friends with Sam Houser and even introduced kleinmusic to Rockstar games. They also djed for Rockstar games and their programmers in a November 2019 Miami party.

If you go to the link i provided you will see that they posted a pic advertising a collaboration between Rockstar games and Circoloco.

Also (and this is the juicy part) if you scroll down the comment section you will see tejsupport a member of this group stating in a comment "2021".

This is not a city morgue situation, these people are actually affiliated with Rockstar. There are pics to prove it and also a couple of articles.

Considering Rockstar already gave us 3 djs with the Cayo Perico heist so we are done with this dj update,i am starting to believe that Circoloco will provide the music for gta Vi first trailer.

What do you think?

• Like 7
CoryLVV

It's most likely another DJ update that's coming out in 2021. The trailer isn't coming soon enough for them to be posting about it. 

Edit: Just checked, r* also posted the exact same thing. It's definitely just gonna be more music.

Edited by CoryLVV
  • Like 3
  • Bruh 1
Len Lfc
2 hours ago, Dourvas said:

What do you think?

I think what I'm hearing is true. Sam is putting his friends in his games.

Just not necessarily GTA VI.

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 4
  • KEKW 1
Damien Scott
3 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I believe this trend will continue in GTA VI and ''GTA Online 2''.

Dourvas
1 minute ago, Len Lfc said:

Yeah it's definitely not set in stone that it's for Vi but we can't rule out a possible Vi theme by those guys.

They made the Burna boy record. An extremely catchy, addicting song. So it's not a stretch to imagine that they could make the Vi theme.

They used to include more fictional celebs rather than real life figures.

Sure we had Phill Collins and a couple of more but not to the extent we have now. Djs, Dr.dre etc.

Rockstars approach is different now.

They are making original music for their trailers. So who knows maybe we will be surprised sooner than we think... (Meaning 2021 even later this year)

• Like 1
DeltaV20
8 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

We'll see Sam as a stranger and freak on Gta VI 

• KEKW 2
rjmthe2nd

Expect a song from whatever time period the game takes place in to be used in the trailers, it's not really something to speculate

Edited by rjmthe2nd
  • Like 2
Orthur The Boah
On 1/2/2021 at 5:38 AM, rjmthe2nd said:

Expect a song from whatever time period the game takes place in to be used in the trailers, it's not really something to speculate

I don't know if I'm not understanding your point but it's worded like you mean "If it's set in modern times, then expect the trailer to have a modern music". 

GTA V Trailer 1 has a song from 1968, and Michael's trailer has Radio Ga Ga which released in 1984.

• Like 1
SwishiestRock29
On 1/1/2021 at 11:37 AM, DeltaV20 said:

We'll see Sam as a stranger and freak on Gta VI 

We’ll see Leslie benzies in an assassination mission 

IS90

Can see anything from DJ Tennis for a trailer. Man's good.

rjmthe2nd
16 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

I don't know if I'm not understanding your point but it's worded like you mean "If it's set in modern times, then expect the trailer to have a modern music". 

GTA V Trailer 1 has a song from 1968, and Michael's trailer has Radio Ga Ga which released in 1984.

If the game is set in '85 for example: expect the loading theme to sound 80s and the majority of the games soundtrack to be 80s.

Now you can replace "80s" with any other year and it'd be the same thing.

rjmthe2nd
16 hours ago, SwishiestRock29 said:

We’ll see Leslie benzies in an assassination mission 

Teddy Mercedes

darkdayz
On 1/2/2021 at 12:08 AM, rjmthe2nd said:

I'd agree but then there's Blinding Lights by the Weeknd.

testarossa 86
10 minutes ago, darkdayz said:

no offense, but I would be so annoyed if that was the song.

it's super overused with anything "80s".

at this point it would be generic if they used it.

darkdayz
37 minutes ago, testarossa 86 said:

no offense, but I would be so annoyed if that was the song.

it's super overused with anything "80s".

at this point it would be generic if they used it.

Don't need to say no offence, I didn't make the song. 

Edited by darkdayz
rjmthe2nd
4 hours ago, darkdayz said:

The Weeknd was born in the 80s

Blinding lights is from 2019

With this logic, Old Town Road should've been on RDR2

CoryLVV
4 minutes ago, rjmthe2nd said:

I hate to admit this but Blinding lights would be the perfect trailer music. The opening to the instrumental just sounds like GTA.

rjmthe2nd
6 minutes ago, CoryLVV said:

I hate to admit this but Blinding lights would be the perfect trailer music. The opening to the instrumental just sounds like GTA.

That means nothing because it just doesn't make sense.

Rockstar has always been factual when it came to its equivalent in cars, cities, states, gangs etc

it's an obvious 80's sounding song but the artist and the song itself aren't from the 80s. If GTA VI is in the modern day then it'll be a perfect fit.

xanoka

blinding light by the weeknd would be perfect for me, maybe 'cause i'm a huge fan of him.

darkdayz
On 1/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, rjmthe2nd said:

You're being snobby. It's a trailer to advertise the game for a start, it doesn't have to be from the time the game is set.

On 1/9/2021 at 11:29 PM, rjmthe2nd said:

Rockstar has always been factual when it came to its equivalent in cars, cities, states, gangs etc

No they haven't. An example being Vice City having a song from 1994 (Cachao, A Gozar Con Mi Combo) on Esparanto. Which is 8 years after the game is set. There are more like this, but this one is the one that springs to mind.

That's clear proof that it's not necessarily always a must for the song to be released in the timeframe a game is set.

Edited by darkdayz
rjmthe2nd
1 hour ago, darkdayz said:

You're being snobby. It's a trailer to advertise the game for a start, it doesn't have to be from the time the game is set.

No they haven't. An example being Vice City having a song from 1994 (Cachao, A Gozar Con Mi Combo) on Esparanto. Which is 8 years after the game is set. There are more like this, but this one is the one that springs to mind.

That's clear proof that it's not necessarily always a must for the song to be released in the timeframe a game is set.

Rockstar made a mistake using a song from the future in VC, I doubt they'll do it again. They don't need The Weeknds song to promote their game, and just like previous GTAs, they'll use a song that'll be in game. 

If they end up doing what you want, I'm taking this as a sign of decline on Rockstar, next thing you know RDR3 will have a Lil Baby song in it's trailer

Something people aren't realizing is that Vice City was early modern GTA, the universe and "rules" constructed by Rockstar wasn't even a thing until IV, as they went along and created more GTA games I presume they realized that it didn't make sense, the same way Florida is in VC yet the other fictional counterparts use fake names, again another point of early incomplete world (universe) building.

Edited by rjmthe2nd
Len Lfc
55 minutes ago, darkdayz said:

I don't think using that song was necessarily a mistake. Although it may well be. It still fits the station, and most players won't even recognize it. I think that's one of few instances. But he's ultimately right, Rockstar do try to be authentic when it comes to using the right music, cars, fashion, etc. I remember for GTA V they consulted census data to find the most frequent/popular cars in LA.

As for the trailer music. Rockstar will just pick a track that fits the theme of the trailer they're going for. Just go back and rewatch all of the GTA trailers. There's no common theme for what they pick. And it's why it mildly annoys me when people say Blinding Lights by The Weekend is a perfect GTA trailer song. There is no perfect song. It's entirely dependent on what the trailer is, and what tone they're going for.

The best example is GTA IV's trailers:

Announcement Trailer

Trailer 2

Trailer 4

They all have very different tones. You can even look at the character trailers for GTA V, for a similar example.

• Like 1
darkdayz
4 hours ago, rjmthe2nd said:

Rockstar made a mistake using a song from the future in VC, I doubt they'll do it again. They don't need The Weeknds song to promote their game, and just like previous GTAs, they'll use a song that'll be in game. 

Stop grasping onto things you believe - it doesn't make them true. It wasn't a mistake, I know so because they did exactly the same thing in San Andreas. Sometimes the thematics the song gives to build the world is more important than when it was released. Standard.

And we aren't even discussing in-game music anyway, we are talking about trailer music. They can use whatever they want to fit what they want (as said by Len) they might even use their own score for the trailer (RDR2)

Edited by darkdayz
  • Like 1
Zello

Not Rockstar but its what Hangar 13 did for a Mafia 3 trailer. They paid Ice Cube to make a song for a trailer even though the song doesn't really fit the time period the game is supposed to be set in.

Edited by Zello
KingAJ032304
8 minutes ago, Zello said:

Not Rockstar but its what Hangar 13 did for a Mafia 3 trailer. They paid Ice Cube to make a song for a trailer even though the song doesn't really fit the time period the gane is supposed to be set in.

Why they got Ice Cube on a 50 cent/Beanie S type track

Len Lfc
10 hours ago, darkdayz said:

they might even use their own score for the trailer (RDR2)

That'd be interesting. They've never done it before (Although that doesn't mean they never will). But I certainly wouldn't expect it. Again, it's a bit more thematic to use a song for GTA.

The intro to Vice City used some sort of score. Although I have no idea if it was original or not. They could do something like that. But I don't think they will.

Orthur The Boah

All this time I used to think the song in the first GTA IV trailer is original score by Rockstar... Thanks to this thread I now know it's this amazing song! They really made a great choice for this trailer, It really fits the dark tone of Liberty City.

So, Whatever song they use I think it's safe to assume that it will be a great choice by Rockstar.

• Like 2
Len Lfc
2 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

All this time I used to think the song in the first GTA IV trailer is original score by Rockstar... Thanks to this thread I now know it's this amazing song! They really made a great choice for this trailer, It really fits the dark tone of Liberty City.

So, Whatever song they use I think it's safe to assume that it will be a great choice by Rockstar.

Super long shot. But if anyone has ever been to Rhyl, in North Wales. They used to play that music in the Sky Tower, back in the 90's and 00's.

Sky_Tower_Rhyl_-_panoramio.jpg

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 2