1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA V isn't as bad as you think

RobeX

Patrizio
On 1/19/2021 at 10:26 PM, SonofLosSantos said:

the melee combat is awful. It’s on par with vice city or gta 3 levels of uselessness.

and the police are artificially difficult. they automatically ram you off the road with the slightest bump, they have a sixth sense to know where you are even without them reasonably being able to find you, and they will auto spawn in impossible locations like on top of mount chilliad. They’re super buffed up and have aimbot accuracy. None of that is in any way dynamic difficulty. it’s an artificial challenge. And most importantly, it’s just not FUN. It takes the sport out of rampaging. In IV you could flip the city on its head in a 6 star police war. You could actually engage in combat and escape but in V it’s just a race to outrun the polices line of sight before they snipe you from their helicopters.

100% this.

In fact, I'd say the melee in III and VC are better. In III and VC I can have a fist fight. Heck - there's even a chance I might lose. V? It's either a one punch knockout (often an instant star) or they run away. It ruined V for me early on when I realised this.

@Foster Bret that's a good point. But I think that is the problem with V. It brought with one hand and took with the other. It felt both progressive and regressive equally. And the regression was not expected.

V brought back: the tanks; planes; car customization; greater character customization; paracute (I know it was in TBOGT; FBI at 5 stars etc. However, it then removed:

• The car physics from IV. Some had  complained about this but I don't remember it being a majority. This was a shock. Almost every car in V drives the same.
  • Damage physics from IV. Did ANYONE not like this? It's the equivalent of allowing smashable windows in VC (which was not in III) and then removing them in SA. WTF?
  • Melee combat. IV did this very well. Yet in V, I either win every fight with a single punch or they run off. Either way usually occurs a wanted level but that's another grip.
  • Fast food restaurants and interiors. I thought IV's interiors were a bit basic (a lot of copycat ones) but I never expected they'd be removed in V. The new, Up N' Atom Burger chain was advertised in the trailer but you can't even enter them in V.

These alone made V instantly frustrating. Especially after five years waiting, which was a killer at the time, many felt they couldn't appreciate the returned features (which they expected) because the updated features from IV were removed despite this not being asked for.

So, is V as bad as we think? Probably not. Still a 7/10. Its a good game. A good GTA? No.

Edited by Patrizio
  • Like 8
  • excuseme 1
B Dawg
2 hours ago, Patrizio said:

FBI at 5 stars etc.

Aren't they just retextured NOOSE units? IV had the FIB, when you reach 4 stars you either deal with the NOOSE or the FIB.

• Like 1
Payne

V’s story isn’t bad because three playable characters but 69 missions. It’s bad because of the lack of focus and FIB(though I enjoy some missions). Gta III had 50 missions, right? But it was still entertaining and straight.

If V had about 39 missions for Frank and Mike working together, and 29 for Trevor handling his drug business, it could be very entertaining. 1 other mission would be for in between stuff.

Edited by Payne
  • Like 2
SonofLosSantos
32 minutes ago, Payne said:

V’s story isn’t bad because three playable characters but 69 missions. It’s bad because of the lack of focus and FIB(though I enjoy some missions). Gta III had 50 missions, right? But it was still entertaining and straight.

If V had about 39 missions for Frank and Mike working together, and 29 for Trevor handling his drug business, it could be very entertaining. 1 other mission would be for in between stuff.

the heist preps are considered missions as well. So out of 69 “missions” a lot of them are filler.

• Like 3
FanEu7
56 minutes ago, SonofLosSantos said:

the heist preps are considered missions as well. So out of 69 “missions” a lot of them are filler.

Yeah but a lot of the missions are longer than your average GTA mission from the previous games too.

Western Gunslinger
1 hour ago, FanEu7 said:

Yeah but a lot of the missions are longer than your average GTA mission from the previous games too.

Only because the missions consist of long boring drives while the characters engage in "witty satire" of modern America

• Like 6

I think we can all agree gta San Andreas is the best of all gtas. It had most amount of customization , most features and the map was most diverse. It’s quite incredible rockstar took out of these in the next games. Gta sa had it all (except of course graphics)

• Like 3
Killerman29

"GTA V isn't as bad as you think"

No, it's worse :kekw:

Edited by Killerman29
  • KEKW 6
MrBreak16

No! GTA V is 1/10! Even Cyberglitch 2077 is better than this pile of doodoo!

• KEKW 2
Patrizio
19 hours ago, B Dawg said:

Aren't they just retextured NOOSE units? IV had the FIB, when you reach 4 stars you either deal with the NOOSE or the FIB.

Ah! I might have got that wrong. Wrote it off the top of my head. I meant there were some issues with the wanted level/police in IV that they addressed - a bit - in V. The motorcycle cop for example. I might have got this one wrong though. Maybe I'm thinking about the army being missing from both?

B Dawg
1 hour ago, Patrizio said:

Ah! I might have got that wrong. Wrote it off the top of my head. I meant there were some issues with the wanted level/police in IV that they addressed - a bit - in V. The motorcycle cop for example. I might have got this one wrong though. Maybe I'm thinking about the army being missing from both?

IV doesn't have motorcycle cops, and Army isn't in either game (at least not part of V's wanted system).

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Cheatz/Trickz
On 1/26/2021 at 12:53 PM, Patrizio said:

Unless VI is a disaster, and if it is, then the series will decline, then I can't see people looking back and revising their opinion of V. V doesn't have a large, core fanbase like IV and SA do and did at the time. That's the difference for me. IV fans loved the direction IV went in and realised this had been missing from the 3D era. San Andreas at the time felt the top of peak of where GTA could go - it felt a huge progression from III to VC. IV revealed its flaws. Comparison to SA revealed IV's missing features. SA fans realised even more what they loved about the 3D era (especially San Andreas) when IV came out. V doesn't have a core group now and never really has and I can't see it having it after VI's release. If that makes sense.

I think GTA 6 is going to be compared to IV, not V. People are not going to suddenly start appreciating V when 6 comes out because V doesn't excel in its vision like IV.  

On 1/29/2021 at 12:10 PM, Killerman29 said:

"GTA V isn't as bad as you think"

No, it's worse :kekw:

LMAO. That's made my day.

• Like 3
Kris194
On 1/29/2021 at 4:13 PM, B Dawg said:

Army isn't in either game (at least not part of V's wanted system).

Thank god it isn't part of V's wanted system, let's leave it in 3D era. I know, that it's just a game but there is clear reason why it wasn't implemented in GTA IV and Rockstar didn't bring this back in GTA V. Imagine army chasing you in real life with tanks just because you commited crime on street, lmao.

• excuseme 1
  • Bruh 1
18 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

People are not going to suddenly start appreciating V when 6 comes out because V doesn't excel in its vision like IV. 

I'm not sure where you think I've said that but I certainly don't have that view. I said on countless topics how V doesn't have a core fanbase now, whereas IV did and does, and so people arne't going to suddenly love V when VI comes out. I agree with you...

Cheatz/Trickz
11 minutes ago, Patrizio said:

I'm not sure where you think I've said that but I certainly don't have that view. I said on countless topics how V doesn't have a core fanbase now, whereas IV did and does, and so people arne't going to suddenly love V when VI comes out. I agree with you...

I know I was basically just adding to what you said. 

ChiroVette
On 1/29/2021 at 10:13 AM, B Dawg said:

IV doesn't have motorcycle cops, and Army isn't in either game (at least not part of V's wanted system).

I have mixed feelings about that. I really liked the Army in the 3D Era games, but I think that the difficulty would be off the charts if they had 6 stars and the army coming after you. lol Funny thought, though! But yet another of the many areas where V really shines, in this case talking about the gameplay. I think it was a great decision overall not to include that.

IV and V are having a competition together, but I vote them both. IV and V are the best games that are ever made by Rockstar