Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Treasure chest locations - find 5 for $100k by Jan 6th.


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, fryday said:

Is anybody doing these daily?

 

Im wondering, if the long fin+diving method or the trueador method is faster.

 

Are you talking about chests in perico or caches in LS?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ambi3nt said:

Are you talking about chests in perico or caches in LS?

He is talking about diving and toreador (treuador, I thnik it is typo), so caches in LS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PLTytus said:

He is talking about diving and toreador (treuador, I thnik it is typo), so caches in LS.

right.

 

some of the caches are quite near to each other, so I would colect these.

 

but im not sure whats faster: a.) drive the longfin and jump/dive or b.) just go with the toreador....

Link to post
Share on other sites
CarcerCityMadMan
18 hours ago, crsN said:

^ Good to know. Meanwhile, finally new underwater location for Treasure Chests.

 

I went to both locations no chest there

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never got my $100k yet. 
 

To those who got it, did you get an alert?  If so, did you get it on the black screen or did you get it in game when you loaded in?

Edited by HipHopHead
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HipHopHead said:

Never got my $100k yet. 
 

To those who got it, did you get an alert?  If so, did you get it on the black screen or did you get it in game when you loaded in?

I got it on a black screen when I loaded in.

 

I'm not 100% sure but I also tend to pick up hidden caches around San Andreas (the ones that require sonar to pop up) but I doubt they were the case. Either way, whoever wrote the newsire that day was an idiot.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HipHopHead said:

Never got my $100k yet. 
 

To those who got it, did you get an alert?  If so, did you get it on the black screen or did you get it in game when you loaded in?

 

Black screen alert before spawning in. 

Also said I got ingame items, but I think that's wrong and they used the wrong alert message or something.

 

6 hours ago, EkaSwede said:

I got it on a black screen when I loaded in.

 

I'm not 100% sure but I also tend to pick up hidden caches around San Andreas (the ones that require sonar to pop up) but I doubt they were the case. Either way, whoever wrote the newsire that day was an idiot.

 

It was indeed for the hidden caches around the coast, the newswire guy that day was definitely an idiot. Vague, as often.

I didn't grab any treasure chests on my alts and got the 100k there too.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidal_banana
On 1/8/2021 at 5:55 PM, EkaSwede said:

^Yeah, I did. Which reminds me...

 

@suicidal_banana Well, turns out you were right and I was wrong. Sorry for being a complete and total ass towards you for no reason last week. I'm taking this L.


Its cool, its not like a got a warning for that or anything... oh wait i did :kekw:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, No Homing said:

 

It was indeed for the hidden caches around the coast, the newswire guy that day was definitely an idiot. Vague, as often.

I didn't grab any treasure chests on my alts and got the 100k there too.

That's interesting, I collected treasure chests on cayo perico but didn't collect anything around San Andreas and I didn't get the $100k. 

 

Did any of the people that didn't get the $100k collect any hidden caches around San Andreas? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, that explains why I received 100k from a 'R* promotion' today.

 

So far I didn't bother searching for those new chests.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, No Homing said:

Black screen alert before spawning in. 

Also said I got ingame items, but I think that's wrong and they used the wrong alert message or something.

 

They've had that pop up on everything of late. It seems just a placeholder for when they do giveaway unlockables etc while not having yo change the pop up. Every time I load in I get it pop up saying I got new clothes with my new dailies, but I collect those on the day they release, lol.

 

9 hours ago, No Homing said:

It was indeed for the hidden caches around the coast, the newswire guy that day was definitely an idiot. Vague, as often.

I didn't grab any treasure chests on my alts and got the 100k there too.

 

4 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:


Its cool, its not like a got a warning for that or anything... oh wait i did :kekw:

 

3 hours ago, kenmy13999 said:

That's interesting, I collected treasure chests on cayo perico but didn't collect anything around San Andreas and I didn't get the $100k. 

 

Did any of the people that didn't get the $100k collect any hidden caches around San Andreas? 

 

On my main I collected both San Andreas caches and Perico treasure, got the 100k. On my 2nd, I did no treasures on Perico but had collected San An caches, got 100k. My son however did Perico treasure and no San An caches and didn't get 100k.

 

Seems to me it was the San Andreas caches that got me the bonus cash as my lad never did. But it seems a bit messed up for others so who knows what R* did, lol. Crazy game! 🤣

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

On my main I collected both San Andreas caches and Perico treasure, got the 100k. On my 2nd, I did no treasures on Perico but had collected San An caches, got 100k. My son however did Perico treasure and no San An caches and didn't get 100k.

 

Seems to me it was the San Andreas caches that got me the bonus cash as my lad never did. But it seems a bit messed up for others so who knows what R* did, lol. Crazy game

Maybe the newswire was a bit vague after all 😎

Edited by kenmy13999
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait so I was right from the start that it was the Sonar Hidden Caches?

 

...Yeah, whoever wrote that previous newswire was a vague f*cking assclown.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, EkaSwede said:

Wait so I was right from the start that it was the Sonar Hidden Caches?

 

 

Seems like it from the answers in this thread at least 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
CarcerCityMadMan

Noticing im only able to find chest every second day now.I got todays chest but yesterdays wasnt spawning for me.Sucks because now it will take twice as long to complete.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CarcerCityMadMan said:

Noticing im only able to find chest every second day now.I got todays chest but yesterdays wasnt spawning for me.Sucks because now it will take twice as long to complete.

 

I wish R* would just put them all out and let us collect at our own pace more like the caches in the main map. But at 15k a pop, it'd be an easy 150k a day. I keep forgetting to do these, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again the game has screwed me out of my daily chests, and I think I figured out why- When it hit midnight, I was still in game and I checked out my daily colllectibles and it didn't reset

You may need to log out of the game, even close the app before it hits midnight at game servers (it's 3 AM for me) so it'll successfully give you new daily collectibles

How freaking annoying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So it was the daily caches?

They literally called the treasure chests 'caches' in the article lmao. Didn't get my 100k cause of that but whatever! Driving the sub is BORING!

 

Must have been an intern writing that

Link to post
Share on other sites
Black-Dragon96

Well that explains why I did not get my 100k so far.

I grabbed 8 cayo perico chests and no daily boxes. Seems like the newswire guy was drunk when he wrote that article.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crsN said:

Another new underwater location. I think there are only 2 or 3 unknown locations left.

 

Only one, on land, exactly this one is "unknown":

cp_tc_l_5.png?2

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! Maybe if we're lucky tomorrow we'll get the last "unknown" location. :D

 

LE: No new location for today unfortunately...

 

Edited by crsN
Link to post
Share on other sites

GTA$100,000 Reward for collecting Treasure Chests between January 14th and 20th.

goZGeG4.jpg

 

And today locations:

 

Edited by crsN
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.