1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Treasure chest locations - find 5 for $100k by Jan 6th.

2 hours ago, Razgriz67 said:

This is what R* support told me...

Incredibly helpful. I just hope there won't be any cool other visual reward that a lot of us won't get because of this bugfest.

• KEKW 2

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It finally rolled over for me. Not sure if R* did a hot fix or not. But (and I know this might be late for some of you going for the challenge) but I made sure I had no heist set up at the time of the roll over (and in my friend case we were actively doing the finale)

• Like 1
mmm chocolate
On 12/31/2020 at 10:32 AM, EkaSwede said:

Isn't the 100K bonus for finding 5 Hidden Caches through Sonar?

this guy gets it. correct.   Hidden Caches are not the same as Treasure Chests.

A smuggler’s paradise, Cayo Perico has always been a treasure trove. It’s no surprise that guests have reported seeing Treasure Chests on land and underwater.

These stashes can be found during Scoping Missions for The Cayo Perico Heist, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for one Treasure Chest on land and one underwater while you do your reconnaissance – as these containers are sure to be filled with valuables.

Speaking of explorers and treasure-hunters, those determined and dogged enough to find 5 Hidden Caches by January 6th will receive an additional gift of GTA$100,000.

^^^^^

But I am talking about the treasure chest. but R* says you wrong.

Also another update. (and reminder I'm on Xbox One)

Yesterday (finally) it the chests finally reset (with the daily objectives) but again today it didnt roll over. The only difference was that (and has been on previous nights) is I had a heist already set up during the roll over. Yesterday I tested to see if that was the issue and purposely didn't set up my next heist before the roll over which worked

So to anyone who are having this issue (or want little hassle if your gonna get the platinum award) I highly recommend not having a heist set up during a roll over. I also wonna say the other night with a friend (who was having a similar issue as me) rolled over due to us actively doing the heist at the time of the roll over

I have the information from GTA Series Videos, here:

HSJzcTn.png

I don't know who is wrong, for me it resets at that time interval and it works. I guess that's how it should be for everyone.

Edited by crsN

@crsN The Answer is yes, It is supposed to roll over with the daily objective (which is 10 PM PST, 1 AM EST, 6 AM GMT) however there seems to be a bug that effects 3-4 people in this thread. Not sure if this is a console thing (again Im on Xbox) but as i said in my previous post it has something to do with the meta data of an already prepped heist during the roll over

It could be that the games sees you have heist set up and collected the chest. and then it remembers you collected the chest AFTER the roll over tricking the game thinking you already collected the chests for the following day. (It didn't roll over for 2 nights in a row and again today for me)

And for what ever reason completing the heists (even that same night or IIRC the same session) doesn't fix it. and I have hard reset my Xbox (which is suppose to clear the cache) twice

Edited by Razgriz67
6 hours ago, mmm chocolate said:

this guy gets it. correct.   Hidden Caches are not the same as Treasure Chests.

A smuggler’s paradise, Cayo Perico has always been a treasure trove. It’s no surprise that guests have reported seeing Treasure Chests on land and underwater.

These stashes can be found during Scoping Missions for The Cayo Perico Heist, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for one Treasure Chest on land and one underwater while you do your reconnaissance – as these containers are sure to be filled with valuables.

Speaking of explorers and treasure-hunters, those determined and dogged enough to find 5 Hidden Caches by January 6th will receive an additional gift of GTA$100,000.

At this point I don't even know anymore. It could also be whoever wrote the Newsire using too similar terminology of the chests as technically as they're hidden caches of gold/valuable/doubloons they could very well be referring to them. And that's really stupid of the writer of the Newsire. After all 5 Hidden Caches isn't that hard to find around San Andreas (Heck, get into sonar vehicle, activate sonar, go to map and put Point of Interest in Every location and done).

I'm ready to take the L if I was wrong about the chaches.

20 hours ago, Timsalabimbo said:

So this support person is really claiming that DAILY collectibles don't and shouldn't spawn daily?

I got a 2nd Support Person telling me the same thing. And if you look at the bottom this one is Tier 2 support

https://imgur.com/a/yF4k1QV

11 hours ago, Razgriz67 said:

I got a 2nd Support Person telling me the same thing. And if you look at the bottom this one is Tier 2 support

https://imgur.com/a/yF4k1QV

A Tier 2 idiot. Have you told them they are supposed to be DAILY collectibles, and that they do respawn for other people?

I said it from the start. And reminded them in my last response that it literally says Daily.

And as an extra precaution of their stupidity. I sent them a vid of the roll over showing the daily objectives rolled over but not the daily collectibles (and showed the awards before and after as reference) as well as swapping lobbies a few times.

and as an added measure I also sent them a vid of me finishing my heist (from exiting the compound) getting the text from Pável. And swapping lobbies a few more times (while also showing the message saying to wait for pavels text to start the next heist) and yes I again showed awards

• Bruh 1

The underwater one was obnoxious on my end because it was bloody INVISIBLE and I had to mash the E key to eventually find and open it, only to see a cutscene of my character opening and invisible chest.

Still got the money, though.

Also I'm a little annoyed how the 1st chest gives you cash on hand, but the 2nd gives you cash into bank account. Same with the Hidden Caches; The first 9 gives cash on hand, but the 10th puts it in the bank account.

Edited by EkaSwede
2 hours ago, EkaSwede said:

The underwater one was obnoxious on my end because it was bloody INSIBLE and I had tyo mash the E key to eventualyl find and open it, only to see a cutscene of my character opening and invisible chest.

Still got the money, though.

Also I'm a little annoyed how the 1st chest gives you cash on hand, but the 2nd gives you cash into bank account. Same with the Hidden Caches; The first 9 gives cash on hand, but the 10th puts it in the bank account.

When those hidden caches were introduced I assumed the tenth one was a variable number, which would be higher if you got a long streak going, but it doesn't look like that is the case. It's a bit odd why they have done this.

So update. R* finally gave me some advice and it actually worked this time,

There advice was

1) Remove my account from my Xbox (as an added precautions I first finished the heist I had and also uninstalled GTA)

2) Hard reset my Xbox (hold power button)

3) Log into my account (and my personal step of reinstalling GTA)

Note it I still had to wait for the roll over at 10 PM PST, but when I got into the game (started the game during the roll over) I came in with my stuff finally rolled over. Ill come back tomorrow if it was just a temp fix

I have received my 100k yesterday.

Btw, you have to find 50 chests for the platinum award.