Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

My Computer Keeps on Slowing Down


JaeDan 101

Recommended Posts

my computer runs slow. What do i do? I even transferred some big files to a hard drive. And it still runs slow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slowness could be a wide variety of things. Your PC's storage space being near maximum shouldn't really be an issue, though, so moving files around likely won't do much.

Β 

Open up task manager (right click the task bar > task manager) and view the processes tab and see if there's a problem taking up a lot of resources. High CPU and/or RAM usage can have a big impact on the snappiness of your PC.

Β 

There's also other things to take into account, like having an old Windows install or Windows being installed on a slow hard drive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 12:46 PM, Jason said:

Open up task manager (right click the task bar > task manager) and view the processes tab and see if there's a problem taking up a lot of resources. High CPU and/or RAM usage can have a big impact on the snappiness of your PC.

Β 

here, is my computer fine?:

p2qRuk2.png

I think 85% of CPU is fine, or no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

here, is my computer fine?:

p2qRuk2.png

I think 85% of CPU is fine, or no?

Β 

Assuming that's about average CPU and RAM usage for you, that means at any given time your PC has ~15% CPU power and ~15% free RAM available. That's really not fine, no. Given that your CPU is pretty weak going by the specs you've posted in other threads, basically anytime you try and do anything I imagine that CPU usage is going to spike to a 100% and once that happens you'll run into a lot of slowdowns, stutters and lag on your system.

Β 

Killing MS Teams will help free up some resources and using less tabs in Chrome (if possible) could help too. Going by your specs tho, ideally you need a new modern PC to solve your issues, if that's at all possible, otherwise start removing things you don't use from system start up to avoid them clogging up resources everytime you turn on your PC might also help a little - there's a lot of Adobe stuff you have running there for example which you could probably bin. You have more background processes than me running and I have a high end PC lol.

Β 

Do be careful not to kill important Windows processes if you do start axing things in the Task Manager mind you. That will crash your PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jason said:

Β 

Assuming that's about average CPU and RAM usage for you, that means at any given time your PC has ~15% CPU power and ~15% free RAM available. That's really not fine, no. Given that your CPU is pretty weak going by the specs you've posted in other threads, basically anytime you try and do anything I imagine that CPU usage is going to spike to a 100% and once that happens you'll run into a lot of slowdowns, stutters and lag on your system.

Β 

Killing MS Teams will help free up some resources and using less tabs in Chrome (if possible) could help too. Going by your specs tho, ideally you need a new modern PC to solve your issues, if that's at all possible, otherwise start removing things you don't use from system start up to avoid them clogging up resources everytime you turn on your PC might also help a little - there's a lot of Adobe stuff you have running there for example which you could probably bin. You have more background processes than me running and I have a high end PC lol.

Β 

Do be careful not to kill important Windows processes if you do start axing things in the Task Manager mind you. That will crash your PC.

Okay, I deleted files from my computer that is a total 15GB, I cleared some apps on my desktop, I disabled all startup apps, and my CPU runs low

Β 

As you said, high CPU causes it slowing down. In my observations, my CPU runs in 3%-10% tho. I just need to not open too many apps in order to run my computer fine and dandy

Β 

And also, after I cleared 15GB of storage in my PC, it actually works very good, it opens my PC faster, it makes games run fantastic, it responds properly and more

Β 

In the previous days I was struggling in my PC. The apps close by itself, it doesn't respond, it lags, it took years to open apps and start my PC, blackscreens appear and audio is glitching out

Β 

after I cleared some big files, cleared some apps in my desktop and disabled allΒ startup apps, it works great

Β 

Thank you @Jason, i appreciate it. I think I don't need to buy a new modern PC, I'm fine

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by JaeDan 101
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I think my computer is doing good on its CPU, please check if it is fine:

Β 

CPU

Bm4VMOY.png

Β 

6RMGhWF.png

Β 

I disabled all startup files:

3Ly6YZj.png

Β 

Of course, my space is fine

Β 

sOABJan.png

Edited by JaeDan 101
Link to post
Share on other sites

@sivispacem, base on my screenshots, is my computer hasΒ good enough performance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sivispacem said:

Good enough for what?

Good performance

Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Theft Auto
3 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

Good performance

You're supposed to be answering that question, is it still slow? If yes then it doesn't have good performance, and if no, it has.

Β 

Besides, Do you play GTA V with that PC? Just Wondering...

Edited by Carl Theft Auto
Link to post
Share on other sites
LittleBlueTroll
8 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

Good performance

Β 

Define good performance though?Β 

Are you using MS Paint or playing Minecraft? It depends what you need the performance for. There isn't much point posting the details of an idle PC and asking if performance is good, when that is purely relative to what you're performing.

Β 

If you're asking if your specs are good, now that's another question, but one I'm sure was already answered in this thread or another one you created.Β 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

You're supposed to be answering that question, is it still slow? If yes then it doesn't have good performance, and if no, it has.

Β 

Besides, Do you play GTA V with that PC? Just Wondering...

No, what I mean that it is good enough? I don't need to clear some more space?

No, I don't play GTA 5 on PC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.