3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is Sweet a bad brother?

FanEu7

He repeatedly trashes CJ in the first arc. CJ left because he felt guilty about Brian's death, its not like he betrayed him.  Instead of trying to understand him he acts like a dick (even Big smoke is more understanding).

Then later on after CJ saves him from prison and has gotten out of the hood & is rich Sweet again gets mad and wants to drag CJ back to that  life. Its like he cares more about the hood than his own brother. 

I wish CJ left the hood at the end of the story 

Edited by FanEu7
  • Like 1
DR:BUSTA

He's not just a bad brother

He's a bad leader

A bad gangbanger

A bad role model

A bad person

I mean bruh imagine getting pissed off because your brother asked you to change your clothes that you've been wearing for years

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Carl Theft Auto

You bet your ass he is!

3 hours ago, Evil empire said:

There are already plenty topics about Sweet.

There are already plenty posts about "There are already plenty topics about (Somebody)".

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DR:BUSTA said:

He's not just a bad brother

He's a bad leader

A bad gangbanger

A bad role model

A bad person

I mean bruh imagine getting pissed of because your brother asked you to change your clothes that you've been wearing for years

I wish CJ would call him out more. Instead it seems like the story acts like Sweet is right and CJ "betrayed" the hood

• Like 2
1 hour ago, FanEu7 said:

I wish CJ would call him out more. Instead it seems like the story acts like Sweet is right and CJ "betrayed" the hood

Well CJ whole motivation is his family saw he would always do the best for everyone of them

Atleast at the end he managed to balance everything

DK06282000

I think some people are a little too hard on Sweet. He lost two of his relatives as of late, and when he realizes that CJ is leaving the hood, he felt that he was running out on his allies that were practically family to him. I actually don't blame Sweet for his attitude. He was just only frustrated and wanted to get CJ to see where he came from. I'm glad they both worked it out with each other at the end. They're both great characters with so much heart.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DK06282000 said:

I think some people are a little too hard on Sweet. He lost two of his relatives as of late, and when he realizes that CJ is leaving the hood, he felt that he was running out on his allies that were practically family to him. I actually don't blame Sweet for his attitude. He was just only frustrated and wanted to get CJ to see where he came from. I'm glad they both worked it out with each other at the end. They're both great characters with so much heart.

Not saying Sweet is a bad character, he is well written + well voice acted but I just think he is way too harsh on CJ and kind of ungrateful

He is not only a bad brother, he's an ungrateful sh*thead who's power-hungry and only cares about the hood.

CJ: *Helps so many people on his journey and saves Madd Dogg from dying*

Sweet: lEt'S sTaRt aNoThEr gAnG wAr

• Like 2
watersgta3

Not really a bad brother. Just a very foolish one. He's very closed-minded and thinks the hood is his life. I know I said this before, but the mission Los Desperados should have been the part where CJ actually calls Sweet out on his behavior and how he just as responsible for the downfall of his own gang. That right there was a missed opportunity of seeing Sweet get some character development. I also think if Ryder didn't become a traitor, he would be much more likable than Sweet.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
Anonymous Pro Player

He is not a bad brother , he is a just a bad leader.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Roboticist

I mean having to lose your mother and gang sh*t going on isn't going to make you all nice and caring.

Nasloye

The bad thing about this is CJ can't even stand for himself. I mean it would be more intense on the Los Desperados and Home Coming cutscene. Maybe people could praise GTA's screenplay because of that.

• Like 2
Roboticist
9 hours ago, Nasloye said:

The bad thing about this is CJ can't even stand for himself. I mean it would be more intense on the Los Desperados and Home Coming cutscene. Maybe people could praise GTA's screenplay because of that.

That's the main issue with CJ. It's like he doesn't have a personality and basically a drone that does whatever people tells him to do. I wish he was more than that, y'know?

On 1/27/2021 at 1:26 AM, Ser_Salty said:

This video is like my reminder why is this game my favorite game of all time .

fadliaufa

maybe yes, I dont like him in mission home coming it's feels like sweet doesn't appreciate CJ Efforts

On 12/30/2020 at 5:21 PM, FanEu7 said:

He repeatedly trashes CJ in the first arc. CJ left because he felt guilty about Brian's death, its not like he betrayed him.  Instead of trying to understand him he acts like a dick (even Big smoke is more understanding).

Then later on after CJ saves him from prison and has gotten out of the hood & is rich Sweet again gets mad and wants to drag CJ back to that  life. Its like he cares more about the hood than his own brother. 

I wish CJ left the hood at the end of the story 

yes i thinking that too 

No he's a good brother because he roast CJ and make him leave LS then he come back and Sweet blames CJ for leaving LS, he deserves "Best brother of 1992" award tbh

• KEKW 3
PsyWarVeteran

I always find it funny that he says "so when are you leaving Carl?" after the FIRST mission, damn.

I started replaying the game after years 

And to be fair he starts to show some respect for CJ after a while and it's more than what I remember and even apologises for his behavior which is fair 

Maybe he's a good brother but a bad everything and this doesn't change the fact that he's a huge dick in the return to Los Santos arc

• Like 1
fadliaufa

nah, he's just that asshole who just send carl to try bring back Grove Street's glory, while he just sits in his house and trying to relax. Lol

• Like 1

Sweet is a bad bitch confirmed 😎🚬

muvdafucupouttahere
On 2/1/2021 at 4:00 AM, Axoez said:

No he's a good brother because he roast CJ and make him leave LS then he come back and Sweet blames CJ for leaving LS, he deserves "Best brother of 1992" award tbh

The sarcasm of this comment is hilarious!  lmmfao!

Copcaller

Hugo one certainly loves bashing him and he raises good points. The lspd dossier describes sweet best naive but powerful he genuinely can't wrap his head around why cj would want to abandon the hood. Idk what went down with Brian but sweet is mad and disappointed that cj ran away from the funeral. He bashes cj for running away but to be fair he doesn't know about crash blackmailing cj because cj never said anything about it I chalk it to bad writing somewhat. It's obvious despite their different views on the hood that sweet loves cj he robbed to support his family and stands up for cj once he shows his loyalty to gsf. He also tells cj to save himself and kendel and leave him behind. 

Edited by Copcaller
zain ghani

I hate sweet he's the worst i failed missions because of stupid sweet.

BrainDeadRaven

My problem with Sweet is he got conned into thinking he owed something to the hood, when hoods were made to consolidate minorities and the lower class into areas where they could be kept in 'their place'.

CJ's most redeeming quality to me is trying to get his people OUT of the hood, and honestly, after everything he did, when he came back talking about, "TAKE ME BACK HOME", my response would have been, "Call a cab, bitch, I don't owe you sh*t. If I'm wrong, come get what you think I owe."

The levels he went to to secure his brothers freedom are epic. Sweet acting like he didn't owe him so much as a 'thank you', on the contrary, acting like CJ owed him?! Hell no. LMAO, Ya'll grown folks now. CJ did his part, he should have left him to his own devices.

• Like 2