1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Collection of GTAVI Leaks & Speculation (Updated January 10th)

CoryLVV

Just now, Pendrive said:

Nice work! but in my opinion this super bowl and lebron picture is 100% random.

Yeah I agree, that's why it's rated the worst. The superbowl would have been an amazing teaser though.

• Like 1
GRINCH ASS BITCH

I haven't even read the post yet but I'm giving you a thumbs up just for the effort and presentation 👍

It's also interesting to see several different users putting their thinking caps on and finding/compiling all of this information within the past few days. This subreddit is finally starting to liven up; we were reaching pre-GTA V levels of boredom 😑

4 hours ago, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

I haven't even read the post yet but I'm giving you a thumbs up just for the effort and presentation 👍

It's also interesting to see several different users putting their thinking caps on and finding/compiling all of this information within the past few days. This subreddit is finally starting to liven up; we were reaching pre-GTA V levels of boredom 😑

Thank you very much.

Just updated because I didn't like my old format.

Just now, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

I just realized I said subreddit by the way...

You were still right either way. The GTA6 subreddit is usually just all fan art and wishlists.

• CoryLVV changed the title to Collection of GTAVI Leaks & Speculation
Lethal-lock

See, this is the kind of sh*t that brings me back to this place periodically, can't wait to see some more solid leaks in the not too distant future! 

• Like 5
RighteousMind369
21 minutes ago, Lethal-lock said:

See, this is the kind of sh*t that brings me back to this place periodically, can't wait to see some more solid leaks in the not too distant future! 

Exactly

id love a surprise teaser before the year ends..make 2020 look not so bad in hindsight

Honestly, if the coordinate, super bowl event, and airport doors turn out to be a legit GTA VI teaser, this will be one of the greatest promotion strategy for game in a while.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
12 minutes ago, wise_man said:

Honestly, if the coordinate, super bowl event, and airport doors turn out to be a legit GTA VI teaser, this will be one of the greatest promotion strategy for game in a while.

I know that the numbered airport doors were discovered ages ago, but if it does turn out to be related to VI in some way, that'd be mind boggling. There were rumours floating around stating that the earliest pre-production work for VI had started as early as 2012 (which I find hard to believe, but obviously I'm not in-the-know), so if there is some sort of announcement in 2021, I'd consider that to be seriously impressive.

Or just a minor coincidence, especially with COVID's possible impact on their development schedule.

8 hours ago, wise_man said:

The most legit out of the three of those are the coordinates imo.

Americana

These doors, though. Grand Theft Auto V was released in 2013 and nobody thought it would be released once again in 2021.

• Like 3
  • KEKW 5
Thomas Cavendish

in the previous version, there were some badges saying how trustful the leaks are. 
why did you take it off? they were nice.

27 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

in the previous version, there were some badges saying how trustful the leaks are. 
why did you take it off? they were nice.

I want to make badges that fit the theme of the ones I have now, they'll probably come back next time I update them

testarossa 86

just to add on to the airport doors; there was a door that also said "2014".

2014 was also the year of the original enhanced edition for PS4 & Xbox One.

with 2021 now being the year of GTA V's expanded and enhanced edition, pretty funny how it all came together.

2013, 2014, and 2021 all now being the years of 3 different editions of GTA V.

the recent addition of the Cayo Perico DLC to GTA Online is interesting since it does indeed fall in line with the rumors of GTA VI being based around Narcos/cartels.

one thing I find interesting is the voice actor for El Rubio is apparently the same voice actor for Tony Montana in Scarface: The World Is Yours.

the final mission within Scarface: The World Is Yours is also very similar to the Cayo Perico heist.

Tony flies to Bolivia to "raid" Sosa's mansion in a level design somewhat similar to how the heist plays out if you choose to enter from the front guns blazing. 

El Rubio's mansion also seems to be heavily based around Sosa's mansion.

• Like 1
CoryLVV
15 hours ago, testarossa 86 said:

just to add on to the airport doors; there was a door that also said "2014".

2014 was also the year of the original enhanced edition for PS4 & Xbox One.

with 2021 now being the year of GTA V's expanded and enhanced edition, pretty funny how it all came together.

2013, 2014, and 2021 all now being the years of 3 different editions of GTA V.

the recent addition of the Cayo Perico DLC to GTA Online is interesting since it does indeed fall in line with the rumors of GTA VI being based around Narcos/cartels.

one thing I find interesting is the voice actor for El Rubio is apparently the same voice actor for Tony Montana in Scarface: The World Is Yours.

the final mission within Scarface: The World Is Yours is also very similar to the Cayo Perico heist.

Tony flies to Bolivia to "raid" Sosa's mansion in a level design somewhat similar to how the heist plays out if you choose to enter from the front guns blazing. 

El Rubio's mansion also seems to be heavily based around Sosa's mansion.

I loved El Rubio as a character when we first met him, but during the actual heist he kind of acts like a bitch. If he does make an appearance in VI I hope they don't ruin his character by making him as whiny as he is in the GTAO heist.

testarossa 86
8 hours ago, CoryLVV said:

I loved El Rubio as a character when we first met him, but during the actual heist he kind of acts like a bitch. If he does make an appearance in VI I hope they don't ruin his character by making him as whiny as he is in the GTAO heist.

I somewhat agree, on paper El Rubio sounds like a menacing druglord backed by a massive army on his own little island. however, the looks don't match the description if that makes sense. he sort of looks just one of the beachgoers himself, the dialog and everything else about him never comes off as menacing as I would assume from what's described about him.

I still enjoy the character though, however, assuming the rumor that GTA VI is inspired by Narcos/cartels, perhaps they are saving a more developed and menacing character for GTA VI.

Sosa from Scarface and Felix from Narcos: Mexico; both are renowned druglords, with a more menacing and serious demeanor which makes you feel the suspense around them.

CoryLVV
14 minutes ago, testarossa 86 said:

I somewhat agree, on paper El Rubio sounds like a menacing druglord backed by a massive army on his own little island. however, the looks don't match the description if that makes sense. he sort of looks just one of the beachgoers himself, the dialog and everything else about him never comes off as menacing as I would assume from what's described about him.

I still enjoy the character though, however, assuming the rumor that GTA VI is inspired by Narcos/cartels, perhaps they are saving a more developed and menacing character for GTA VI.

Sosa from Scarface and Felix from Narcos: Mexico; both are renowned druglords, with a more menacing and serious demeanor which makes you feel the suspense around them.

Is Narcos Mexico worth watching? I've watched the original like 5 times and I'm excited by the thought that VI might be based on a similar theme.

testarossa 86
14 minutes ago, CoryLVV said:

Is Narcos Mexico worth watching? I've watched the original like 5 times and I'm excited by the thought that VI might be based on a similar theme.

It most definitely is, and I'm surprised if you enjoy the original that much you haven't already seen it.

It's set in the 1980s and is all about the start of the ongoing war on drugs. I enjoyed the characters a lot, each are obviously based off real druglords, but are given their own unique personality.

maybe this is something we could see featured in GTA VI, the story starts off in the 1980s giving the player sort of a story to see where things started and then picks up in the modern day. similar to how GTA V starts 9 years prior from the main story giving you a little background of the characters.

i commented on your subreddit post and i'm commenting here again.

this is the best GTA VI related post ever. congrats man

WHAT!?

I'm ready to start injecting that grade A junky level hype right into the vein.

All I can say for certain is whenever we get GTA VI we better be prepared to live with it for about a decade. Hopefully they will put together a map as good or better than V's map was/is. Although V can feel well traveled at times, I have to admit I've not managed to become tired of spending time in it. Seems to strike a good balance in all the areas that matter. The map is going to be the make or break item for VI, I think. I also wonder how single player vs online is going to be handled.

But that's just like, my opinion. Man.

Anyway this was a great read through to get up to speed. Love the presentation here as well. Good stuff all around. 👍

• Like 7
testarossa 86
34 minutes ago, WHAT!? said:

I'm ready to start injecting that grade A junky level hype right into the vein.

All I can say for certain is whenever we get GTA VI we better be prepared to live with it for about a decade. Hopefully they will put together a map as good or better than V's map was/is. Although V can feel well traveled at times, I have to admit I've not managed to become tired of spending time in it. Seems to strike a good balance in all the areas that matter. The map is going to be the make or break item for VI, I think. I also wonder how single player vs online is going to be handled.

But that's just like, my opinion. Man.

Anyway this was a great read through to get up to speed. Love the presentation here as well. Good stuff all around. 👍

fully agree and this is another good point. GTA V's map is very well made resulting in many things to see and do.

with GTA VI we would have to assume Rockstar would be looking in the longevity here and create a map replicating key elements the GTA V map had.
if we assume Vice City is the location of GTA VI, we know the original Vice City map in both games it was featured in was fairly small compared to the other GTA titles of it's time.

obviously they'll add more to the world such as the Everglades or something along those lines.

the next installment after GTA VI most likely will be another 10 years or more, so assuming Rockstar may go the extra mile in effort for this new map to offer a better experience than the previous GTA V's map.

even if the map ends up not as big or diverse as GTA V's, perhaps overtime, they could start to add massive content updates such as map expansions or new cities without worrying about hardware limitations.

Edited by testarossa 86
  • Like 1
CoryLVV

Added new find by a reddit user possibly related to Vice City. The phrase has also been used on a lot of other R* products.

B3F9inb.png

CoryLVV

Updated to add the synthwave artists being contacted rumour from a bit ago.

qM966G0.png

• CoryLVV changed the title to Collection of GTAVI Leaks & Speculation (Updated January 10th)