3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Weapons references possibly found in an RDR2 file

DerekLeet

CoryLVV
9 minutes ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

There probably are more leftovers, we just need to search more. I mean, we just discovered these weapons just a week ago and the game has been out for an year on the pc already. We are bound to found more stuff if we stick around.

If there was anything else it's most likely been removed now. After they saw this they definitely went back and checked.

Orthur The Boah

I'm leaning more towards the it could be GTA VI side. But you make a good point that it could be from Max Payne 3, though. But max payne released like 7 years before RDR2 pc version, so it sounds unlikely, is that even possible these are leftovers from a 7 years old game?

Len Lfc
3 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

is that even possible these are leftovers from a 7 years old game?

Very much so. When games are built on the same engine, which is iterated with every release, there are usually leftover files dating all the way back to the first game. I can't think of the example, or a link to it. But I know I've heard that story before.

Orthur The Boah

Then tbh it could be more than likely from Max Payne 3. But it's a weird coincidence that both this and the Americas codename were found in RDR2 and this weapon list lines up with an 80s setting too, So I think it could be for GTA VI.

• Like 1
GamingWithJumbo
11 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

I'm leaning more towards the it could be GTA VI side. But you make a good point that it could be from Max Payne 3, though. But max payne released like 7 years before RDR2 pc version, so it sounds unlikely, is that even possible these are leftovers from a 7 years old game?

that game had special features that not even GTA V had. Max Payne 3 had dedicated shooting mechanics. It also would've made sense to use their mechanics because they were not that old, considering Max Payne 3 is only 1 year older than GTA V, which was their last title before RDR2 was announced/released. And if they used GTA V's engine to enhance it (or even RDR's engine), who's to say they didn't use Max Payne 3's wielding and holstering mechanics? And in my experience, both the RDR2's and the Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics somehow feel the same to me. I might be wrong here, but I'd go for the Max Payne side for the time being.

Also it's possible it's from that cut Agent game too? Or maybe an addition to the L.A. Noire series perhaps considering the weapons do fit the 1950's category? The possibilities are endless though.

Edited by GamingWithJumbo
my grammar is trash
Orthur The Boah
1 minute ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

Also it's possible it's from that cut Agent game too? Or maybe a addition to the L.A. Noire series perhaps considering the weapons do fit the 1950's category? The possibilities are endless though.

Yep, almost forgot about that... We can never know for sure. All we can do is dig up for more leftovers and hope to find something GTA VI related.

• Like 1
GamingWithJumbo
1 minute ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Yep, almost forgot about that... We can never know for sure. All we can do is dig up for more leftovers and hope to find something GTA VI related.

Yes, all we need is to keep on searching the files, maybe even GTA V files, take another look at them, or maybe MP3 too.. Although I think this might not be the irrefutable evidence we need. To the contrary I do think this is pointing to GTA VI.

• Like 1
Len Lfc
4 minutes ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

Or maybe an addition to the L.A. Noire series perhaps considering the weapons do fit the 1950's category?

No, L.A. Noire was 1947. Although I don't really know much about guns, so I don't know when the weapons in the files are from. But I'm pretty sure most are from after '47.

Btw, Max Payne 3 was just an example.

• Like 2
GamingWithJumbo
8 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

No, L.A. Noire was 1947. Although I don't really know much about guns, so I don't know when the weapons in the files are from. But I'm pretty sure most are from after '47.

Btw, Max Payne 3 was just an example.

1940's 1950's, it's all noire. Those two rifles are from 1948 and 1954 iirc, I say they can work for a noire setting.

CoryLVV
26 minutes ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

Yes, all we need is to keep on searching the files, maybe even GTA V files, take another look at them, or maybe MP3 too.. Although I think this might not be the irrefutable evidence we need. To the contrary I do think this is pointing to GTA VI.

There's nothing in the Cayo Perico files, I looked myself a couple hours after the RDR2 guns were found.

• Like 1
DeltaV20
2 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

No. But that's what we're trying to find out. But so far, it would appear to be from an unreleased game.

I haven't played Max Payne 3 in a long time, but I suppose it makes sense to check they aren't from that. Weather they're actually in the game or cut. Although, that would be a bit of a stretch to think they could be from MP3.

i'm pretty sure that's an Agent Leftover (could be reused in VI) 

• Like 1
GamingWithJumbo
22 minutes ago, CoryLVV said:

There's nothing in the Cayo Perico files, I looked myself a couple hours after the RDR2 guns were found.

Glad to know something is checked out from the list

DeltaV20
1 hour ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

(@Orthur The Boah) Max payne = Gta V, Gta V = Rdr2 , Rdr2 = Agent , Agent = Gta VI (Agent blocked the connection of game files imo bcz it got canned) 

Edited by DeltaV20