3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Weapons references possibly found in an RDR2 file

DerekLeet

DeltaV20
1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

Remember we had very similar stuff with Max Payne 3, with GTA V vehicles in the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Rockstar always hints there upcoming games on there current games , (i love the gta VC tease on gta 3 , see you in miami) 

• KEKW 1
Spider-Vice

Not necessarily hints. This stuff happens a lot during game development, tbh R* aren't the worst at it, they've been pretty careful. :p

• Like 3
MrBreak16
4 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Not necessarily hints. This stuff happens a lot during game development, tbh R* aren't the worst at it, they've been pretty careful. :p

At this point people will look at something and think it’s a hint to GTA VI. Even if it comes from older games

• Like 1
Spider-Vice
1 minute ago, MrBreak16 said:

At this point people will look at something and think it’s a hint to GTA VI. Even if it comes from older games

It's very possible this is GTA VI related though. May not be, but it's certainly possible, as there were two Americas references in two RDR2 files before they were removed in a patch. My point was more that this stuff happens a lot in game development, especially when you use the same engine and you fork off a game's codebase from another.

• Like 1
Thomas Cavendish
On 12/31/2020 at 12:00 AM, EliteGamer_6 said:

As if that even has any sort of significance

it was sarcastic, little padawan. 🙄

• Bruh 1
EliteGamer_6
36 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

it was sarcastic, little padawan. 🙄

"little padawan"

lmao look at your rank you fool with only 18 community rep

Edited by EliteGamer_6
  • KEKW 4
Thomas Cavendish
8 hours ago, EliteGamer_6 said:

"little padawan"

lmao look at your rank you fool with only 18 community rep

At least I can reconize a sarcastic sentence  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DeltaV20

64c08a7a-21ae-4d77-ae74-24679b61f866.png
SUPP means Suppressed , that's the suppressed browning pistol 22 [i think R* is going to use/ or used some AGENT leftovers to Gta VI (suppressors or silencers were started using on guns since 1906 , browning pistol 22 aka Suppressed was created on 1985, so 1986 or 90s story i guess? ) ]
Target Pistol: Browning Buck Mark .22 with Gemtech Outback-II Suppressor |  David Bookstaber

(as i know Agent's timeline was suppose to be setting during cold war i guess ) so maybe a Agent leftover

nicktestbranch

These are all part of an amazing RDR Online DLC coming later, with a "cowboys vs aliens" theme but with an insane twist. remember that guy who built the robot in single player? Well he has built a time machine that has gone loose, and instead of taking people from 1899 to the future, it's taking the future to 1899! Join your fellow online players in taking down alien time-travellers with the high tech AK-47, and destroy those horseless carriages before they threaten to build a highway through the town of Blackwater!

• KEKW 3
DeltaV20
5 minutes ago, nicktestbranch said:

These are all part of an amazing RDR Online DLC coming later, with a "cowboys vs aliens" theme but with an insane twist. remember that guy who built the robot in single player? Well he has built a time machine that has gone loose, and instead of taking people from 1899 to the future, it's taking the future to 1899! Join your fellow online players in taking down alien time-travellers with the high tech AK-47, and destroy those horseless carriages before they threaten to build a highway through the town of Blackwater!

This could be a great April fools Dlc 

Americana

Maybe one day we will be able to connect every Agent leftovers into one game.

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
gigachad69
On 12/28/2020 at 11:03 PM, Len Lfc said:

I'd guess W is Weapon. But J? Hmm... what could Weapon J..... be?

W - weapon

J - jungle

Both browning pistol and L1A1 were used in Vietnam war by Australia. This hints at few things:

- Playable Vietnam war flashback in GTA 6 (from Australian perspective)

- If that's correct, then GTA 6 is most likely set in 80s Vice City, since it's a similar time period. GTA VC had many references to Vietnam war obviously.

- If the protagonist was drafted into Vietnam war in mid 60s at ~20 years old, then we would play as a 30-40 year old man in the early 80s, which is probably the average GTA protagonist's age

- Silencers were used in small numbers in Vietnam war by tunnel rats. This might mean that GTA 6 protagonist will be short, since they only sent short guys into tunnels.

or perhaps it's there for a jungle segment. There were some leaks about Cuba being in GTA 6 if I remember right. And it's common practice to give Vietnam related weapons in jungle gameplay segments, even if it's not actually Vietnam war.

Also someone should make sure that those lines are not actually from Max Payne 3, since I'm pretty sure that MP3 had both of those weapons and they even used real names.

Edited by gigachad69
  • Like 3
Zapper
4 hours ago, gigachad69 said:

Also someone should make sure that those lines are not actually from Max Payne 3, since I'm pretty sure that MP3 had both of those weapons and they even used real names.

I don't think Browning was in MP3 or was it? I haven't played it in years though.

Stevedercoole

Sorry for the semi off topic reply, but can someone maybe link a resource on how to get into datamining? Been wanting to do it for years, but I haven't been able to find any tutorials and no one I asked was willing to explain the basics (which is understandable because that probably takes time).

BigFloppySausageTits
1 hour ago, Stevedercoole said:

Sorry for the semi off topic reply, but can someone maybe link a resource on how to get into datamining? Been wanting to do it for years, but I haven't been able to find any tutorials and no one I asked was willing to explain the basics (which is understandable because that probably takes time).

Openiv

DownInThePMs

The presence of the L1A1 gives me the impression that 6 is probably going to be set sometime between the mid-80s to early-90s.

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • Like 1
rml_gta
On 12/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, Orthur The Boah said:

they can just import the weapons to quickly test out the AK47 in valentine with Arthur

Arthur flying in an Opressor MKII Saint Denis 1899 colorized looking for Lenny /s

Nah seriously, it makes sense, they use previous games to test things for the new games so it could be a GTA VI testing or not, we will see, because in the game files there are references to previous games (as GTA IV music and some textures in the GTA V files, and in RDR2 files I found a GTAV leftover too, it´s pretty common to use their last games as builds to test features for the new games), we will se but at least is something...

GamingWithJumbo

nvm im dumb

Edited by GamingWithJumbo
GamingWithJumbo
On 12/29/2020 at 11:55 PM, Orthur The Boah said:

Yea basically. Someone reading this can help maybe.

I checked my backup of RDR2 that I took in Nov 2019 or so, and here are the results:

Screenshot-650.png

I will upload the file here so that you all can check yourself, remember this is a backup from November 2019, so it is day 1

propsets.meta from day 1 release

(sorry for my previous post, i was so dumb i didn't even click into ai. and when i searched in open iv it didn't show me anything lol so i was convinced it wasn't there, but i was wrong)

• Like 4
wise_man

If it's Agent leftovers, then why there's a PS3 remains in a PC game from PS4 era? just asking.

• Like 3
Orthur The Boah
4 minutes ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

I checked my backup of RDR2 that I took in Nov 2019 or so, and here are the results:

Screenshot-650.png

I will upload the file here so that you all can check yourself, remember this is a backup from November 2019, so it is day 1

propsets.meta from day 1 release

(sorry for my previous post, i was so dumb i didn't even click into ai. and when i searched in open iv it didn't show me anything lol so i was convinced it wasn't there, but i was wrong)

So it was in RDR2 PC day one build... Doesnt necessarily mean they were testing things, Just could be some accidental leftover. 

first the Americas codename found in RDR2 and then this... Wonder how many more GTAVI related leftovers are there.

• Like 3
GamingWithJumbo
1 hour ago, Orthur The Boah said:

So it was in RDR2 PC day one build... Doesnt necessarily mean they were testing things, Just could be some accidental leftover. 

first the Americas codename found in RDR2 and then this... Wonder how many more GTAVI related leftovers are there.

will you call me crazy if i said that this might be from gta iv or max payne 3? EDIT: i didn't know there was a "Americas codename", can you link it to me?

1 hour ago, wise_man said:

If it's Agent leftovers, then why there's a PS3 remains in a PC game from PS4 era? just asking.

GTA 5 was ported from PS3 to PS4 and now it's going to be ported to PS5. well there are possibilities, we just want to follow the most logical one 

Edited by GamingWithJumbo
Orthur The Boah
1 minute ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

will you call me crazy if i said that this might be from gta iv or max payne 3? 

I don't know how it would be from either of those last gen games.

It makes sense to me that GTAVI references/files got into RDR2 PC port because GTA VI production probably started after RDR2's release and RDR2 pc port production must have started around the same time. Hence it's possible the GTAVI files got into RDR2 PC.

• Like 1
GamingWithJumbo
6 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

I don't know how it would be from either of those last gen games.

It makes sense to me that GTAVI references/files got into RDR2 PC port because GTA VI production probably started after RDR2's release and RDR2 pc port production must have started around the same time. Hence it's possible the GTAVI files got into RDR2 PC.

are we 100% certain this is from GTA VI? If so, why? I know it couldn't have been from GTA V. But what about the other possibilities? Maybe Rockstar decided to use the original RAGE from GTA IV because it had better ragdoll and physics in general than GTA V's? Maybe Max Payne 3 was involved to develop some part of RDR2, such as the code that allowed you to carry only limited weapons on your back? Or dual wielding? What about these possibilities?

Len Lfc
57 minutes ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

are we 100% certain this is from GTA VI?

No. But that's what we're trying to find out. But so far, it would appear to be from an unreleased game.

I haven't played Max Payne 3 in a long time, but I suppose it makes sense to check they aren't from that. Weather they're actually in the game or cut. Although, that would be a bit of a stretch to think they could be from MP3.

• Like 3
Zapper

I'm pretty sure Browning wasn't in Max Payne 3 but it could be a cut weapon honestly.

• Like 2
GamingWithJumbo
20 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

No. But that's what we're trying to find out. But so far, it would appear to be from an unreleased game.

I haven't played Max Payne 3 in a long time, but I suppose it makes sense to check they aren't from that. Weather they're actually in the game or cut. Although, that would be a bit of a stretch to think they could be from MP3.

it could be, because RDR2 does use that "carry the rifles on your back" feature, the "hold your shotgun in the left hand while you shoot a pistol from your right hand" feature and the dual wielding feature too. These all could have been taken from Max Payne 3 easily IMO

• Like 2
Len Lfc
1 minute ago, GamingWithJumbo said:

it could be, because RDR2 does use that "carry the rifles on your back" feature, the "hold your shotgun in the left hand while you shoot a pistol from your right hand" feature and the dual wielding feature too. These all could have been taken from Max Payne 3 easily IMO

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The only slight issue is that you don't really have significant leftovers from many other features from other games. It's still a good theory or possibility. But I don't think it's a strong one.

GamingWithJumbo
16 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The only slight issue is that you don't really have significant leftovers from many other features from other games. It's still a good theory or possibility. But I don't think it's a strong one.

There probably are more leftovers, we just need to search more. I mean, we just discovered these weapons just a week ago and the game has been out for an year on the pc already. We are bound to found more stuff if we stick around.

• Like 3