3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Weapons references possibly found in an RDR2 file

DerekLeet

Orthur The Boah
15 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

And I doubt they were using Max Payne 3 to 'test the vehicles'. Odds are it's just parts of the code that has been found as they're updating or working on RAGE, etc.

Well tbf, it doesn't make sense for them to test out the vehicles of GTA V in Max Payne, a linear game. Whereas with RDR2, they can just import the weapons to quickly test out the AK47 in valentine with Arthur. 😅

But then again I don't know why they would do that if they have a playable build of GTA VI, maybe, since the files are there since 2018, they wanted to test weapons in RDR2 because in 2018 GTAVI playable build didn't simply exist and the weapons are modelled very early. Just my thoughts.

Edited by Orthur The Boah
  • Like 1
Len Lfc
2 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Well tbf, it doesn't make sense for then to test vehicles of GTA V in Max Payne, a linear game. Whereas with RDR2, they can just import the weapons to quickly test out the AK47 in valentine with Arthur. 😅

But then again I don't know why they would do that if they have a playable build of GTA VI, maybe, since the files are there since 2018, they wanted to test weapons in RDR2 because in 2018 GTAVI playable build didn't simply exist. Just my thoughts.

Well since games development overlap (for example while RDR2 is wrapping up and about to launch in 2018, GTA VI is still in pre-production) bits of code can have references to future (and past) projects. Could easily be that they were testing some things very early on as they were still working on RDR2 and they just got left in there. Or maybe they got in there after a recent update. I don't know. Someone will have to check if they were in the day one build of RDR2.

R* didn't want us to find this...

But srsly, for clues on GTA 6 all we gotta do is look at Max Payne 3, RDR2 and see assets that will be reused in GTA 6. The South American favelas, the palm trees, possibly gunz etc. 

Orthur The Boah
8 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I don't know. Someone will have to check if they were in the day one build of RDR2

Yea basically. Someone reading this can help maybe.

Len Lfc
1 minute ago, Americana said:

Maybe it's a leftover from Agent.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Or Bully. Jimmy grew up, lost the slingshot and picked up an L1A1

15977532079979_a5feb3-17.jpg

• KEKW 3
  • Bruh 1
Americana

Or... a Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC set in 1980's Florida.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 3
  • excuseme 1
Felipeborges388

L1A1 is similar to the FAL used by the Brazilian Army and the Rio de Janeiro police
PROJECT AMERICAS
maxresdefault.jpg
bope-para-fal.jpg

Edited by Felipeborges388
  • Like 10
GRINCH ASS BITCH
1 minute ago, Felipeborges388 said:

L1A1 is similar to the FAL used by the Brazilian Army
PROJECT AMERICAS
maxresdefault.jpg

I thought the same thing; finding an L1A1/FAL stashed away in the files adds a bit of weight to the Project Americas leak in my opinion.

• Like 3
Len Lfc

For what it's worth, first time I ever heard of the FAL was in MW2. Which did have parts of the campaign in Brazil.

DeltaV20
57 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Or Bully. Jimmy grew up, lost the slingshot and picked up an L1A1

15977532079979_a5feb3-17.jpg

A npc ,very similar to jimmy hopkins was found on gta 4 (might be random npc)
Jimmy Hopkins in GTA 4? (Read Description!) - YouTube

Len Lfc
2 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

You can see him most clearly in this mission, around 5 seconds in.

• Like 2
DeltaV20
2 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

You can see him most clearly in this mission, around 5 seconds in.

So that's what bullworth academy students do after the school 

• KEKW 2
MrQuiche

It's clearly not for RDR2 that's for sure or i'm missing something that Rockstar does not about 1899, seriously right now it's kinda sure it was for a GTAO update or a new GTA but maybe it was leftovers or simply cut content but why would it be in RDR2 files.. the next GTA is really confusing, no one knows what's going on since what we're living is completly new but at the same time it feels like even R* doesn't know what's going on, everything and everyone are placed in the same fog by the look of it

Orthur The Boah
7 hours ago, MrQuiche said:

maybe it was leftovers or simply cut content but why would it be in RDR2 files..

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-16-grand-theft-auto-5-vehicle-list-found-on-max-payne-3-disc

This does not prove it's for GTA VI, However, it just means there's a possibility it's for GTA VI.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

It's already been brought up, but what could the 'J' mean in this context? Assuming we can rule out 'John' since the L1A1 isn't related to Browning and making the obvious (though, maybe wrong) assumption that the 'AR' in the AK47's name stands for 'assault rifle,' where would the 'J' stand?

Are there any non-English words related to weapons/types of weapons that start with the letter 'J'? Are there any South American gangs/cartels/organizations from the 70s/80s/90s that had a name starting with 'J' (I'm assuming that if the 'J' isn't referring to the weapon's type, then it could be alluding to the group it's used by when spawning naturally)? Any important individuals known for using these types of weapons that might have a name starting with 'J'? Might all be nonsense, but it's worth a look imo.

• Like 1
Len Lfc

J would have to be a category. For example:

Weapons > 'J' > "W_J_L1A1"

Vehicles > Super > Infernus "V_S_Infernus"

In this sense, you would have W_P for Pistols, or R for rifles, etc... Obviously that doesn't match with the files found above. But it's just to make the point that 'J' is probably a category. We just don't know what. Maybe they're weapons for a specific location, or character, or time period. Who knows.

• Like 4
GRINCH ASS BITCH

Yeah, it's definitely some sort of category.

Since you mentioned specific locations being possible variables, 'jail' comes to mind considering the FAL's police use, though I don't know the Browning's history (or if it's even referring to the Hi-Power).

• Like 1
Len Lfc
9 minutes ago, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

Yeah, it's definitely some sort of category.

Since you mentioned specific locations being possible variables, 'jail' comes to mind considering the FAL's police use, though I don't know the Browning's history (or if it's even referring to the Hi-Power).

I dunno, I'm thinking more like regions, as opposed to individual locations. Ever since the "Project Americas" alleged leak, I've always thought if it were true, we'd probably be smuggling between Miami & Cuba. Typically, Rockstar keep the real names for locations outside the US. But maybe Cuba has a different name, beginning with J?

Maybe it's not Cuba, but an actual South American continental country? Since Cuba is actually Central America.

Odds are though, The J probably just means something really boring and technical, and we're all to desperate and eager for it to mean something.

• Like 1
CheesyWalnuts
3 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I dunno, I'm thinking more like regions, as opposed to individual locations. Ever since the "Project Americas" alleged leak, I've always thought if it were true, we'd probably be smuggling between Miami & Cuba. Typically, Rockstar keep the real names for locations outside the US. But maybe Cuba has a different name, beginning with J?

Maybe it's not Cuba, but an actual South American continental country? Since Cuba is actually Central America.

Odds are though, The J probably just means something really boring and technical, and we're all to desperate and eager for it to mean something.

Jamaica is possible I think, but not sure if Jamaica is exactly a hotspot for drug smuggling

GRINCH ASS BITCH

Just wondering, does GTA and RDR take place in the same universe? I ask because I remember hearing Cuba being mentioned by name in RDR2, though I admit I'm not sure. If that's the case, I'd expect the 'J' to be another fictional location that's possibly close/related to another real world (or just major) location, similar to Guarma's implementation.

EDIT: I agree about the 'J' being overall useless, but I'm just riled up over what might possibly be a genuine GTA VI clue. It's almost like we're reliving the more interesting parts of GTAV's pre-release clue hunt 🙂

Edited by GRINCH ASS BITCH
Len Lfc

GTA VI is a Little Jacob origin story.

Just now, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

Just wondering, does GTA and RDR take place in the same universe? I ask because I remember hearing Cuba being mentioned by name in RDR2, though I admit I'm not sure. If that's the case, I'd expect the 'J' to be another fictional location that's possibly close/related to another real world (or just major) location, similar to Guarma's implementation.

No. There are just little references and easter eggs.

• Like 1
BigFloppySausageTits
On 12/29/2020 at 2:31 PM, DeltaV20 said:

Jimmy Hopkins in GTA 4? (Read Description!) - YouTube

Lmao, its random

EliteGamer_6
42 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Even MrBossftw has mentioned him. 😁

As if that even has any sort of significance

• KEKW 3
Len Lfc
13 hours ago, EliteGamer_6 said:

As if that even has any sort of significance

He's even mentioned me. 🙄

• KEKW 2
Spider-Vice

This seems very similar to the Americas script stat sets thing they left in 1.00 but then removed. It could very well be for a future GTA game, as I'm sure development of both overlapped at some point.

Remember we had very similar stuff with Max Payne 3, with GTA V vehicles in the Xbox 360 version of the game.

• Like 8