3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Job is the worst heist in GTA history

Ray Carter

Ray Carter

1.) Your crew is useless.

Hilary is the getaway driver but dies, leaving Tommy to act as driver. Cam is the safe cracker, but Tommy forces the Bank Manager to unlock the vault. Phil is responsible for the hostages but one manages to set off the alarm.

2.) Your cover is blown.

The team all wear masks but repeatedly shout their names in front of the hostages.

"Phil, hold down the fort." "C'mon Cam, the vault's upstairs." "Phil, things still sweet?!" "I could do with some help here, Tommy!" "Tommy, the Vault's open!"

3.) Your escape is illogical.

You must use a Pay & Spray to lose your wanted level even though you use a Taxi which does not change colour.

It would be funny to see this heist remade in GTA V but repeatedly fail for these various reasons.

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 6
  • excuseme 2
  • Bruh 3
DR:BUSTA

Lol I never looked at it this way 

Always thought that it's the most realistic hiest in the series but now i totally changed my mind

I never thought about it while playing the game. Though when I was a kid, I just thought the screaming American man sounded badass as hell. Never had time to notice the illogicality of things.

Vice City criminal

if they didn't have Tommy in the crew I think all of them would've died right then and there went the cops arrived.

the only way I can see that might justify the logic between III and VC in regards to these things, is that they're just both very early 2000's games and they just probably wanted to push for more fun or outlandish situations rather than realistic ones.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
53 minutes ago, Vice City criminal said:

they just probably wanted to push for more fun or outlandish situations rather than realistic ones.

Ya I agree-balls. 

It's a pretty cartoonish game overall...

Still, not a bad heist or mission overall. Pretty fun-balls.

I want Vice City 2 😭

Red_hot_redemption

But to be fair what do you expect, Rosenberg helped you get the gang together which is a bad start, phill is shown to be a alcoholic redneck who not long after blows his own arm off, there is something clearly not right with hillary and kam is already in prison, so he can't be that good! 

• Like 5
Evil empire

When I replayed The job I noticed some of these things like Tommy and the other robbers calling each other by their name and of course hw useless Hilary is but I never paid attention about the taxi keeping the same color.

This mission is one of the countless evidences the 3D GTA's aren't supposed to be taken seriously.

Algonquin Assassin
On 12/28/2020 at 9:16 AM, Ray Carter said:

1.) Your crew is useless.

Hilary is the getaway driver but dies, leaving Tommy to act as driver. Cam is the safe cracker, but Tommy forces the Bank Manager to unlock the vault. Phil is responsible for the hostages but one manages to set off the alarm.

This is partially the reason I also love Three Leaf Clover in GTA IV. The frantic, haphazard nature make the heist feel more tense and exciting. 

2.) Your cover is blown.

The team all wear masks but repeatedly shout their names in front of the hostages.

"Phil, hold down the fort." "C'mon Cam, the vault's upstairs." "Phil, things still sweet?!" "I could do with some help here, Tommy!" "Tommy, the Vault's open!"

It's not like they say eachother's FULL names though? How many criminals do you think must have the names of Tommy, Phil, Cam and so on? In the real world authorities would need more than the perpetrators' first names. As you said they were wearing masks so I don't see how their cover was blown.

3.) Your escape is illogical.

You must use a Pay & Spray to lose your wanted level even though you use a Taxi which does not change colour.

lol

The way Pay & Spray works throughout the entire 3D era is illogical. 

*Cops see car go into Pay & Spray*

"Our work here is done boys".

Irrespective of whether you change the vehicle's colour or not as it's always been illogical. Infact I will say one thing the choice to use a taxi is probably more plausible however since it can blend back in. Imagine being able to paint a taxi in a different colour like red, blue or something? Yep. That's real inconspicuous. A red taxi driving around while others are the standard yellow. That's surely not going to draw attention from the cops.

Anyway no I don't agree The Job is the worst heist in the series. That dishonour goes to The Merryweather heist in GTA V.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 5
universetwisters
On 12/27/2020 at 5:16 PM, Ray Carter said:

Hilary is the getaway driver but dies, leaving Tommy to act as driver.

I mean you're the character in GRAND THEFT AUTO, a game strictly about driving. Is this any surprise? For f*ck's sake you drove over to the heist itself in the first place lmao

• Like 1
StraightouttaNewport
12 hours ago, universetwisters said:

I mean you're the character in GRAND THEFT AUTO, a game strictly about driving. Is this any surprise? For f*ck's sake you drove over to the heist itself in the first place lmao

I mean the escape could have been an on rails shooting segment like some of Diaz's missions. 

• Like 1
universetwisters
2 hours ago, StraightouttaNewport said:

I mean the escape could have been an on rails shooting segment like some of Diaz's missions. 

I’d rather commit suicide by cop than go through another rail shooter in VC

Americana

I think that it was supposed to go like that. The crew was a mess, and the plan was... a mess. 

But, in my opinion, The Paleto Score in Grand Theft Auto V is a much worse crap.

Edited by Americana

No its one of the best and superior to most GTA V heists. The best is still the Three Leaf Clover, then the SA heist, Jewelry store heist etc.

• Like 2
zmudziak32

Rail shooter would be better, They were not a lot dialogues and we dont see Cam after Heist. Hilary could be alive too. There is only 1 rail shooter mission in entire game.

• 3 weeks later...
TheDamnTrainCJ

I once failed this mission 3 times in a row because my crew kept getting hit by a car while trying to cross the road to enter the bank. So yea...