3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA III is the hardest GTA game, facts.

CJfan9204

I can vouch for the time related missions being difficult late game, especially that one mission where you've got to destroy the drug vendors in a certain amount of time all over the map. 

Payne

I guess at first it can be difficult but Asuka mentions you’ll have your time limited as soon as you destroy one, right? Does she also mention the amount?

Bartleby
11 hours ago, Payne said:

I guess at first it can be difficult but Asuka mentions you’ll have your time limited as soon as you destroy one, right? Does she also mention the amount?

It's not mentioned how many stalls there are, and you could drive around and find them all before destroying the first which triggers the timer.

Of course, that's not intuitive at all the first time most people play it.

• Like 1
Fake Lilina
On 12/31/2020 at 4:17 AM, Castrophe said:

especially that one mission where you've got to destroy the drug vendors in a certain amount of time all over the map. 

Espresso 2 Go?

• Like 1
BLADE233

Então GTA 3 é relativamente difícil em comparação com GTA 5, por exemplo, onde você pode simplesmente pular depois de perder muitas vezes e ainda ter checkpoints durante as missões, então sim, os jogos antigos em geral são mais difíceis, mas basta se acostumar com parece ainda mais fácil para você dei para tentar que você estava jogando no PS4 onde os controles não são muito bons, mas depois você se acostuma ....

Edited by BLADE233
MarshDanni

Looking at it as objectively as possible I am certain that to a new player or maybe even a GTA series expert GTA III may be the most difficult GTA in the 3D Universe.

Several factors are in play here:

• Since it's 2021 and the game is 20 years old this year I can say without a doubt that the controls are severely outdated
  • (Controller) Camera is by far the worst here since you have little to no control and the game does little to help you, they updated it in VC, altough now by much
  • (Controller) Auto lock on is absolutely AWFUL in this one, connecting to the camera issues
  • No bikes in game makes it that you can't shoot straight in a vehicle shootout
  • No helicopters and one badly deformed plane which is really hard to fly with makes you pretty 'grounded' in the regards of vehicles
  • No ability to crouch like in later games, giving out a disadvantage in cover
  • Some of the missions are notoriously bad (Bomb Da Base: Act II, Espresso-2-Go, Grand Theft Auto)
  • No armor or health upgrades (You can however get to 125 HP if you use a prostitute, but no fixed upgrades like in later games)
  • This is a popular argument, but basically by the end of the game the whole city hates you, and driving slowly is basically a death wish (especially in the Leone's territory)
  • No swimming (same thing could be said for VC and LCS tho)
  • There is no Map in the main menu, there are no icons for the shops on the Minimap (this mainly affects the new players)
  • The Police are overtuned in comparison to later games, basically those hell bois will pound you, and those FBI guys with the AK's are something else

I am currently in a middle of playthrough of GTA III on the Playstation 4 (trying to achieve the Platinum Trophy) and whilst the game is a breeze, because I played it so god damn much, I do see a lot of issues regarding the difficulty. Maybe the best example of this is that I have a certain way of approaching it. The last thing I did in Portland are the main missions, because I knew that I should get everything else out of the way so I don't have to deal with it later when there are mobs and mobs of gangs attacking me.

Currently in Stauton, just finished the last rampage on the island as I'm writing this post. Only thing left are the hidden packages and then I'm off to the main missions. First of them being 'Sayonara Salvatore'. This wasn't done on accident hehe

Edited by MarshDanni
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

any rampage mission that involves the rocket launcher can suck a dick, youll be trying to blow up all the cars or people or whatever but the second you get a wanted level and a cop gets in your ass about it there's nothing you can do to make him f*ck off so you just have to pray that he doesnt kill you/make you run out of time before you can complete the objective