3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Could El Rubio appear in GTA VI?

J LaFleur

I mean, according to Project Americas, GTA VI will have Vice City, Cuba, and parts of Colombia.

Is it possible that Cayo Perico could be part of what's included for Colombia in GTA VI, with El Rubio appearing as a possible main character?

The fact that he was a GTA Online antagonist who wasn't killed at the end of the heist (for once...) makes me think he may appear again, with a bigger role.

...Also, the fact that Cayo Perico isn't available for free roam in GTA Online tells me they might be holding it for GTA VI. Maybe the protagonist of VI works for El Rubio and therefore has free roam access to the island?

I mean what Colombian drug trafficker with a private island in the Carribean doesn't have their pocket in Miami/Vice City?

Edited by The Journey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Journey said:

I mean, according to Project Americas, GTA VI will have Vice City, Cuba, and parts of Colombia.

Is it possible that Cayo Perico could be part of what's included for Colombia in GTA VI, with El Rubio appearing as a possible main character?

The fact that he was a GTA Online antagonist who wasn't killed at the end of the heist (for once...) makes me think he may appear again, with a bigger role.

...Also, the fact that Cayo Perico isn't available for free roam in GTA Online tells me they might be holding it for GTA VI. Maybe the protagonist of VI works for El Rubio and therefore has free roam access to the island?

I mean what Colombian drug trafficker with a private island in the Carribean doesn't have their pocket in Miami/Vice City?

I mean... it's possible. Anything is at this point. It's also possible that "Project Americas" was a lie, or something they were working on and scrapped. Or it could be information that someone misinterpreted and Cayo Perico IS Project Americas.

I think the reason it's not available in freeroam is because they want the players on the mainland where it's easier to blow up each other's vehicles and prevent each other from making money through businesses.

9 times out of 10 he will be in VI since he likely has some connections to Vice City via the drug trade. R* isn’t that foolish enough to let his character go to waste.

Edited by Gtaman_92

If the setting is set in the past. Might see a Rubio cameo where he's doing what he needs to become a trafficker himself. A young dumb naive rubio.

6 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

If the setting is set in the past. Might see a Rubio cameo where he's doing what he needs to become a trafficker himself. A young dumb naive rubio.

What if he's the protagonist?

No. He'll most likely come back in the next major GTA O DLC. We'll either kill him or work for him.

Edited by Damien Scott
  • Like 2

I hope nothing that was in gta online is ever acknowledged

rh498Js.png

My theory is that this island was originally used in Project Americas but was for some reason scrapped. Rockstar decided to make the use of what was left of this island and finish it for GTAO. It wouldn't be the first time Rockstar has recycled unused content - singleplayer DLCs for V, Agent and God knows what else.

In worst case scenario the entire VI has been rebooted recently and they will reuse the content they have for GTAO 😛

On 12/26/2020 at 1:06 PM, 0909090 said:

My theory is that this island was originally used in Project Americas but was for some reason scrapped.

In worst case scenario the entire VI has been rebooted recently and they will reuse the content they have for GTAO 😛

dude, there won't be GTA VI; if you want more SP content, you will get another SP heist

5 hours ago, kris_1313 said:

dude, there won't be GTA VI; if you want more SP content, you will get another SP heist

Lol you do realize they've already confirmed there's going to be a GTA VI in interviews with employee's at rockstar right?

13 hours ago, Dimitry Rascalov said:

Lol you do realize they've already confirmed there's going to be a GTA VI in interviews with employee's at rockstar right?

do you realize for them "single-player stories" will mean more SP content for online?

16 hours ago, kris_1313 said:

do you realize for them "single-player stories" will mean more SP content for online?

Actually no that's not what they meant, cause one of the questions that was asked is if they were done making single player games. Good try though lol.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:36 PM, slimeball supreme said:

I hope nothing that was in gta online is ever acknowledged

This, Online is fun but shouldn't be part of the canon. Its way too ridiculous for that

I'm pretty sure we'll see him there. I think we'll also see how his relationship with Martin Madrazo sours. I also feel like them giving Patricia a complete personality change from story mode was for a reason.  She will also most likely be there and she'll probably be even more wild than implied in Cayo Perico dlc

10 minutes ago, Schwartzxz said:

I hope not. generic character

I don't think that's fair. I think Dr Dre had more screen time than EL Rubio lol. I don't think we saw enough to label him generic just yet.

5 minutes ago, VercettiGuy said:

I hope not. I want this game to be without bland, annoying characters.

And for it to be as far away from V as possible.

If we're going back to vice in the 80's, expect for "The world's most notorious drug trafficker" to at least make a cameo somewhere lol.

I absolutely believe so. I think Online has been a test for VI in a lot of ways, so I can see many characters from Online coming back (such as El Rubio). It’s basically GTA V.5 at this point. 

I hope not. He seems to be those very annoying characters. And tbh, he does not by any sense seem to me as the "most notorious drug trafficker in the world"

1 hour ago, EliteGamer_6 said:

I hope not. He seems to be those very annoying characters. And tbh, he does not by any sense seem to me as the "most notorious drug trafficker in the world"

Honestly I didn't really get that vibe either lol, it was also stated that to the Madrazo family he's 1 of several suppliers so he's obviously not that important if they can just discard him for his competition. Cocaine is also not the most prominent drug anymore, Heroin is by far beating it and meth would be the next competitor as there's no limiting factors on who can produce it. 

On 12/24/2020 at 1:24 AM, Zello said:

What if he's the protagonist?

He is a business partner / right hand man that kills the protagonist of GTA VI and takes over his operations, calling it.

And maybe he isn't as important as he wants everyone to believe, kind of like how Jim Boy Callaway wasn't even the best gunslinger back in the wild west, just another exhibition of "the winners (or survivors) write the history books"

Edited by rjmthe2nd

• 3 weeks later...

He'll probably have some sort of link to the drug trade in Vice City if thats where we end up going again.

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2020 at 5:30 PM, Patrizio said:

I think it interesting that he's apparently German-Colombian. Similar to Carlos Lehder who smuggled drugs into Miami in the 80s:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-53070547

Btw i found this pic which looks quite similar (of Carlos Lehdar and El Rubio aka Juan Strickler) 
unknown.png?width=960&height=549

2 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

Btw i found this pic which looks quite similar (of Carlos Lehdar and El Rubio aka Juan Strickler) 
unknown.png?width=960&height=549

Bro these shots are way too similar to be coincidental. I feel like this pretty much confirms he'll show up in GTA VI at least as a minor character.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:48 PM, The Journey said:

I sincerely hope not. If so, it should be very minor, like Bernand at ULP in GTA IV and then a minor role in V. But generally I want a new cast of characters. If anyone returns given the setting of the supposed map, I hope it's Jacob.

Edited by DarkDayz