1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Would You Like A Reimagining Of Redemption 1?

Wylyth1992

Basically, one that has the new gameplay and story information added in Redemption 2, like the more advanced weapon customization, hunting, and other stuff? (I tried adding a poll, but every time I try to type a choice in one of the Poll answers, it takes me back to the Red Dead Redemption forum page)

billiejoearmstrong8

I wouldn't honestly. I think they already did a good job with continuity and having extra references to Arthur etc would just feel shoehorned in and stand out too much. I prefer the physics/movement and shooting in RDR1 as they are (RDR2's level of detail is impressive but things are more scripted and clunky at times and it feels less "free"), as well as the simplicity of not having to do chores like looking after your horse and making sure you eat right etc (again these things are cool in RDR2 but there's something to be said for simplicity too). And we've already seen the RDR1 map (besides Mexico) and John with up to date graphics and experienced all the new stuff as John since that's already included in RDR2.

The idea of having new stuff to do in it is appealing but overall I think it would be kind of redundant since we already experienced RDR1's map and protagonist in RDR2's style in RDR2. I'd rather just have the original game available on new platforms.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I wouldn't honestly. I think they already did a good job with continuity and having extra references to Arthur etc would just feel shoehorned in and stand out too much. I prefer the physics/movement and shooting in RDR1 as they are (RDR2's level of detail is impressive but things are more scripted and clunky at times and it feels less "free"), as well as the simplicity of not having to do chores like looking after your horse and making sure you eat right etc (again these things are cool in RDR2 but there's something to be said for simplicity too). And we've already seen the RDR1 map (besides Mexico) and John with up to date graphics and experienced all the new stuff as John since that's already included in RDR2.

The idea of having new stuff to do in it is appealing but overall I think it would be kind of redundant since we already experienced RDR1's map and protagonist in RDR2's style in RDR2. I'd rather just have the original game available on new platforms.

I think I good solution would have been having those "chores" be a part of a "Hardcore" mode, with the "Casual" mode being more like RDR 1. 

1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I'd rather just have the original game available on new platforms.

Couldnt agree more on that point, Ive been wanting to play the 4K remaster for some time.. though not enough to buy an Xbox specifically for that purpose. 

1 hour ago, RedNitrate said:

Couldnt agree more on that point, Ive been wanting to play the 4K remaster for some time.. though not enough to buy an Xbox specifically for that purpose. 

Sony really should make a port of it on the PS4 and/ or PS5. And a port of it to the Switch would be cool as well, probably wouldn't be able to have it as 4K, but being able to play the game on the go would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Not truly. RDR did a great job at what it tried to accomplish, it was really a standalone game though you were in the dark on most previous occurrences. I personally prefer the mysterious and "unknowingness" of RDR. I do not have greatly positive regards for RDR2 in terms of story and character arcs. I honestly would love a coherent and faithful weaving together of the two though (like what I was expecting for years before RDR2 came out), just much more like how RDR originally suggested everything about the gang was (and of course the precious New Austin lore). I am currently working on a RDR [personal] "Reboot" map, so that things just make more sense (and are more faithful to RDR1). I would enjoy a remaster/remake, but RDR2 is just too much of a dumpster fire for me. I was excited about the "leaks" of a RDR Remaster from early 2020 and in November, but I soon realized they would likely make too many tie-ins to RDR2. So new gameplay features: yes; the original soundtrack/ambient music: yes, story tie-ins to RDR2: NO.

RDR2 seems to have always been in development hell of some kind (old 4chan leak) with several story changes and map changes (large and small for both issues), so there does not seem to have always been such a clear, concise view for RDR2 and that enrages me (given RDR was my passion).

• Like 1