2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Is the PS3 still worth it in 2021?

JaeDan 101

Yes.

Plus games are cheap for this system.

It's worth it for Red Dead alone.

It is the closest you can get to a classic dualshock controller with HD graphics. I had one and it did the trick for me for years until I finally had to trade it in for something more valuable. Not counting it served me well since I didnt have a smart tv so I had netflix in it and it did the trick.

I have a ps4 and how I hate this controller you would not believe. Just cant get used to it.

• Like 1

I would ask that here: 

If you dont't have anything else or can't afford then yes PS3 is good to sit on your bed and relax play but if you have some money go for something else ps5 or a good gaming PC. just my opinion.

• Like 3

If you can get it for cheap, would absolutely recommend that you purchase the PS3. Though the graphics can't match up to its successors, its array of games make the console absolutely worth it.

• Like 2

Yeah the PS3 is still worth it. You can buy one for like less than $100 and you can also get many of it’s games for very cheap, probably as a low as 5 bucks some times.

On top of that the PS3 have free online, so you can play multiplayer for free, sure there isn’t a lot of people left on the online servers but still, you can find servers with dozens of people in the most popular games like COD or GTA. 

Finally the last thing that is worth it for me is all the games that came out on this gen, seriously there is so much great games on this platform that you would never find on PS4 and Xbox One. Try searching best PS3 games or even look up what games came out for each year the console was out, I am sure you could find many that you will like

11 minutes ago, DownInThePMs said:

Get a 360 the exclusives are better

I'm not here to start a console war but...

giphy.gif

I had a 360 that gen and cried when I saw all the PS3 exclusives compared to what the 360 had.

• Like 7

Yes, it has some gems that are not available in PS4/5... 

Some examples; Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, inFAMOUS 1 + 2, Killzone & Resistance trilogy.

Edited by TheJesus1996
  • Like 2

It's worth it, you can have your own music, photos and videos on the console.

Online is free and there's still some decently populated communities, Call Of Duty: Ghosts, GTA Online, Need For Speed Most Wanted.

Games themselves still look good, Midnight Club Los Angeles runs at 1080p, Uncharted games look spectacular and all the other games people mentioned.

On 12/30/2020 at 2:16 AM, DownInThePMs said:

Get a 360 the exclusives are better

lol Xbox never had the better exclusives. PS3 had Uncharted, the Last of us, God of War 3, MGS4 etc. in comparison the Xbox always just has Halo and Gears of War

• Like 4
On 1/2/2021 at 4:15 PM, FanEu7 said:

lol Xbox never had the better exclusives. PS3 had Uncharted, the Last of us, God of War 3, MGS4 etc. in comparison the Xbox always just has Halo and Gears of War

it also had the Gran Turismo racing game

in PlayStation

Pooka Mustard

I definitely believe it is. In fact, I think it's worth it more than the PS4 or anything after.

I'll get a Vita along with it too.

Pooka Mustard
16 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

RPCS3 is a thing, it's a PS3 emulator. Im gonna download Gran Turismo 6, and gonna try to play it. Wanna see if it works. :D 

Doesn't feel as good as owning the real thing, though. From the console itself right down to the controller.

If it actually works and i can play the game, i might think about buying a playstation controller for it. Then i also gonna play The Last of Us. But first i need to see if the emulator even works.

I got a pretty good system:

R9 5950x

RTX 3080

32 GB 3200 MHZ RAM

1 TB M2 NVMe

Maybe the games looks and works even better than on the original playstation 3 who knows. I stopped playing on consoles after the PS2 and original X-Box era. So it would be great for me to enjoy these exclusive games, that i always wanted to try out.

Edited by Mexicola9302
MiamiViceCity1986

On 1/3/2021 at 3:15 AM, FanEu7 said:

As someone whose owned every generation of PlayStation and Xbox (With the exception of the Series X/S) I agree.

Besides the Forza series I don’t care much for Xbox exclusives. Sony’s dominance on the exclusive front started with a lot of late PS3 games and it’s been that way ever since. 

Anyway I wish my PS3 still worked. I tried it a few weeks ago and it just died. I remember it used to shut off randomly so if I had to guess it’s probably something to do with the power supply. 

It’s a shame because I’ve always loved the PS3. I have an OG fat one I got in 2008.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

perfect balance of passable graphics and great fun gameplay

thousands of classic titles to choose from......cheap games......

definitely 

It depends. Online ? Well, i found it to be impossible to find decent lobbies in decent times in most of my online games(modern warfare 1 to 3 and bo 1 to 2) but honestly, this system still serves as my blu-ray, i do not need to pay for internet services and the amount of games there are out for the system is huge.

• 2 months later...
Cletus0525
On 12/21/2020 at 9:37 PM, JaeDan 101 said:

i know PS3 is getting old. But i still wanted to know, is it still worth it?

It is most definitely worth it

I still have my ps3, i have my favorite ps3 games on it like gta sa, vc/bully/hitman blood money/the warriors. I still turn it on from time to time, its def worth it

One thing to keep in mind is you'll need to own psychical copies of games soon as there is an announcement coming at the end of March but PS3/PS Vita stores are to be closed soon.

https://t.co/YvzPdoZPgo?amp=1

The PS3 is still a very good console though and many stores still sell second hand/cheap PS3 games  so if you're not interested in the PS4/PS5 it's definitely got the best library collection of games.

• Like 1
MiamiViceCity1986
On 3/23/2021 at 1:48 AM, Tails Prower said:

One thing to keep in mind is you'll need to own psychical copies of games soon as there is an announcement coming at the end of March but PS3/PS Vita stores are to be closed soon.

https://t.co/YvzPdoZPgo?amp=1

The PS3 is still a very good console though and many stores still sell second hand/cheap PS3 games  so if you're not interested in the PS4/PS5 it's definitely got the best library collection of games.

I'm wondering what happens with the digital games we already have? I only just got a new PS3 and have installed a few digital PS1 games on it so will those stay or do they disappear even if they're already installed? Infact I wonder if we'll be able to download anything at all including movies attached to the download queues. Same thing with the Vita/PSP.

It doesn't worry me too much as PS3 games are dirt cheap and I can use my PS5 for movies. Though one thing I love about the PS3 is being able to download movies to the harddrive instead of relying on streaming all the time(I really don't get why Sony and Microsoft for that matter removed this for the newer consoles), but still this kind of sucks as some of those games are really difficult to find in physical form. I could also see some of these games jacking up in value when they're not available digitally anymore. I have a physical copy of Deadly Premonition Director's Cut that's only been played a couple of times since 2013 and it seems to be fetching some pretty decent numbers on EBay. 

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
7 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I'm wondering what happens with the digital games we already have? I only just got a new PS3 and have installed a few digital PS1 games on it so will those stay or do they disappear even if they're already installed? Infact I wonder if we'll be able to download anything at all including movies attached to the download queues. Same thing with the Vita/PSP.

It doesn't worry me too much as PS3 games are dirt cheap and I can use my PS5 for movies. Though one thing I love about the PS3 is being able to download movies to the harddrive instead of relying on streaming all the time(I really don't get why Sony and Microsoft for that matter removed this for the newer consoles), but still this kind of sucks as some of those games are really difficult to find in physical form. I could also see some of these games jacking up in value when they're not available digitally anymore. I have a physical copy of Deadly Premonition Director's Cut that's only been played a couple of times since 2013 and it seems to be fetching some pretty decent numbers on EBay. 

Anything installed on the machine already will stay.

May be that we see an update to the PS3 Operating System to change the downloads process (since you can only use store on PS3) but we'll see what they say in the official announcement about that I guess.

There will most likely be a surge in price in rare games selling prices 2nd hand but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing as long as people are reasonable in what they charge, planning to reset up my PS3 soon since I now have  a spare slot to connect it to my tv.

• Like 1