1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Heist Bugs and Glitches

Mr_Hylian
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

If you are reporting a new bug, please be as descriptive as possible about it and include repro steps to the best of your abilities (when possible). Easier to read, easier to confirm. If you are on PC, describe your environment (hardware, OS, driver version, etc.).

On 3/11/2021 at 8:24 AM, DJ-Jelly-Doughnut said:

Have not tried CEO yet. Does us starting in an invite only affect that as well?

On Xbox1 I never had any issue when I started it from invite only as a CEO and invited randoms, the only time I started it from public lobby it chrashed when the team entered the compound.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I joined two CP heists via quick job, at the first one we were a team of three and the mission was aborted after we entered the compound "ceo left", I'm quite sure it was a bug since the same happened when I was host and we were a team of three also. Had no problems so far with a team of two. Joined another CP heist and we were a team of four but only one made it inside the compound alive and at the end we finished it without any technical problems.

So it is possible that entering the compound by a team of three alive (or more) will break the mission? Speaking about Xbox One.

Edited by Aquamaniac
14 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

So it is possible that entering the compound by a team of three alive (or more) will break the mission? Speaking about Xbox One.

No, it's just broken af, CEO Quit has happened to me with 2,3,4, even when I was the CEO. At first I thought it was something to do with one player being Invite Only but now I think it's just a bug in Quick Job, it's never happened to me when invited/inviting.

Only happens 3 places, very start, entering or exiting compound. The last in particular can go f*ck itself.

Edited by Gridl0k
4 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

No, it's just broken af, CEO Quit has happened to me with 2,3,4, even when I was the CEO. At first I thought it was something to do with one player being Invite Only but now I think it's just a bug in Quick Job, it's never happened to me when invited/inviting.

Only happens 3 places, very start, entering or exiting compound. The last in particular can go f*ck itself.

Does it happen also when you are MC instead of CEO?

DJ-Jelly-Doughnut
10 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

Does it happen also when you are MC instead of CEO?

Yes. It happens with both MC President and CEO. My fiance and I have messed with this quite a bit. Best result we have had so far is if we are in the same invite only lobby, one of us is CEO and the other isn't a part of the organization. Best we've come up with so far.

whywontyoulisten

Last night my friend started the scope out mission, and we were instructed to go to something or other "Private Jets", which turned out to be the flight school entrance at LSIA, which I'm pretty sure I've not been sent to before (usually the hangar?). When we got there, he went into the corona and they both promptly vanished. He ended up on Cayo Perico by himself, with no guards and no mission-related items present, basically a free-roam version of the island, while I remained at LSIA, still receiving associate payments despite him no longer appearing in the session. As the Velum was missing, he couldn't return from the island and had to restart. After he left and rejoined the session, I found I couldn't register as CEO as I was "a key player in freeroam work or a business battle" despite nothing being active. I was also no longer in the player list, although my blip was visible on the map, and he couldn't invite me back into his organisation.

Anyone else had the "Go to x Private Jets" message before? It almost sounds like a story mode message.

Edited by whywontyoulisten
On 12/26/2020 at 3:21 PM, JoeBoneless said:

When going to use the fingerprint cloner in Rubio's office twice I have had the game instantly crash

Best one yet: while escaping Cayo Perico, the USS Luxington spawned off the north coast. I drove the dinghy towards it full speed but the mission ended before reaching it

On the first point, the only time it froze on me was when I was running towards the trigger point and I was spamming right on the d-pad, don't know what platform you are on but that's the Xbone button to start the hack if I remember it correctly. Since that happened I've run to it, stopped, then pressed the buton and it's been fine and not happened again.

On the second point apparently the Lex spawns when there is a Business Battle going on in freemode, or so people have said on here.

This isn't so much a bug or glitch, just something I've noticed. When leaving the compound via the main gate. I don't kill the guard directly opposite (next to the Brioso). I just press --> and wait for the cutscene, but in those 2 seconds between pressing the button and the cutscene triggering, the guard spots me but as the cutscene has already triggered it does not alert the whole island when the game continues and still in stealth.

As I said it's not a huge problem but the first few times it happened to me my heart sank a little thinking I'd been detected.

Again, not a huge problem but just thought I'd mention it....

On 3/31/2021 at 4:33 PM, Sam2150AD said:

This isn't so much a bug or glitch, just something I've noticed. When leaving the compound via the main gate. I don't kill the guard directly opposite (next to the Brioso). I just press --> and wait for the cutscene, but in those 2 seconds between pressing the button and the cutscene triggering, the guard spots me but as the cutscene has already triggered it does not alert the whole island when the game continues and still in stealth.

As I said it's not a huge problem but the first few times it happened to me my heart sank a little thinking I'd been detected.

Again, not a huge problem but just thought I'd mention it....

Pro tip: Hit the right on the d-pad then chuck some grenades at the car. It'll blow up just before the cutscene starts but you're already out, so not detected.

Edited by BeatsDown
Drizzle6267505

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me how I can resolve this bug, where the Cayo Perico primary target value will sometimes not display correctly and there as issue the incorrect amount of money for stealing the primary target on hard mode. For example, let’s say my primary target is the pink diamond, on the sub in hard mode it would say 1.43 mil , however when I actually acquire the primary target it would only give me 1.3 mil. How do I resolve this?

Edited by Drizzle6267505
49 minutes ago, Drizzle6267505 said:

How do I resolve this?

Like the rest of us, wait until Rockstar Games fixes the issue. 

Rest assured, however, that this is just a visual bug and if you do a finances check before and after the heist, you should see that the money is working correctly, even if the on-screen information isn't. 

Had one come up 3 tries in a row the other day.   Friend hosting longfin approach, cutscene flashes for only a split second then we spawn just swimming way out in the ocean where we should have spawned in the boat. 

On 3/31/2021 at 9:31 PM, BeatsDown said:

Pro tip: Hit the left on the d-pad then chuck some grenades at the car. It'll blow up just before the cutscene starts but you're already out, so not detected.

Ohhh I'll try this on my next run through - nice one! 👍

On 4/2/2021 at 1:20 PM, hispls said:

Had one come up 3 tries in a row the other day.   Friend hosting longfin approach, cutscene flashes for only a split second then we spawn just swimming way out in the ocean where we should have spawned in the boat. 

Yer I've had this a couple times too, but in the Alkonost. You can drown to restart.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:29 AM, whywontyoulisten said:

Last night my friend started the scope out mission, and we were instructed to go to something or other "Private Jets", which turned out to be the flight school entrance at LSIA, which I'm pretty sure I've not been sent to before (usually the hangar?). When we got there, he went into the corona and they both promptly vanished. He ended up on Cayo Perico by himself, with no guards and no mission-related items present, basically a free-roam version of the island, while I remained at LSIA, still receiving associate payments despite him no longer appearing in the session. As the Velum was missing, he couldn't return from the island and had to restart. After he left and rejoined the session, I found I couldn't register as CEO as I was "a key player in freeroam work or a business battle" despite nothing being active. I was also no longer in the player list, although my blip was visible on the map, and he couldn't invite me back into his organisation.

Anyone else had the "Go to x Private Jets" message before? It almost sounds like a story mode message.

I think that Private Jets location is how you go back to the island when you are scoping it out for the very first heist. Must've some how glitched the game into thinking you were doing it for the first time again.

On 4/1/2021 at 10:28 AM, Drizzle6267505 said:

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me how I can resolve this bug, where the Cayo Perico primary target value will sometimes not display correctly and there as issue the incorrect amount of money for stealing the primary target on hard mode. For example, let’s say my primary target is the pink diamond, on the sub in hard mode it would say 1.43 mil , however when I actually acquire the primary target it would only give me 1.3 mil. How do I resolve this?

It's a known visual bug. You'll be paid the correct amount on the payment screen when you finish the heist. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems you can blow up the main gate even if you didn't do the explosive prep, did this twice now, so it seems no random bug but always the case.  Shouldn't you get a reward for completing the heist with 4 or have all 4 to be alive?

It seems the situation has worsened, when you want to join via quick job menu or have matchmaking on, the mission will crash on start every single time. With inviting people from a public session while matchmaking is closed I had no further problems, speaking about Xbox One.

Still getting the scope out glitch where the Velum doesn't register when flying to the yellow corona. Getting sick of doing the whole thing twice every time. Plus having to restart the app. to get the scope out available again.

Cruize55

Ok so, for anyone who needs help with the submarine sticking place glitch, use the up and atomiser gun if you manage to get on land (by dying or something ) but yeah anyway I just shot the ground with my ray gun and then I could move,  Your welcome, I don’t know if someone else had a fix for this or not, but yeah if this helped, then cool.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:08 AM, Cruize55 said:

Ok so, for anyone who needs help with the submarine sticking place glitch, use the up and atomiser gun if you manage to get on land (by dying or something ) but yeah anyway I just shot the ground with my ray gun and then I could move,  Your welcome, I don’t know if someone else had a fix for this or not, but yeah if this helped, then cool.

i love the up and atomiser gun it can also blow off fence panels if you are stuck somewhere and can't be bothered looking for the gate

• Like 2
5 hours ago, cybapete said:

i love the up and atomiser gun it can also blow off fence panels if you are stuck somewhere and can't be bothered looking for the gate

Yep, it gets used A LOT.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Taterman said:

Yep, it gets used A LOT.

i've seen hilarious videos of people blowing griefers off their oppressors with it and because you don't actually kill them or destroy the mk2 directly you don't get penalized

Shiloh Comes
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Taterman said:

Yep, it gets used A LOT.

It sure does. Another fun use is on the PacStan finale. Rather than blowing the gate, Atom off the floor and spring over it. Pointless but fun.

Edited by Shiloh Comes