1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Heist Bugs and Glitches

Mr_Hylian
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

If you are reporting a new bug, please be as descriptive as possible about it and include repro steps to the best of your abilities (when possible). Easier to read, easier to confirm. If you are on PC, describe your environment (hardware, OS, driver version, etc.).

MechanicMammal
On 1/13/2021 at 1:52 PM, whywontyoulisten said:

Ahhh, makes sense. Never bother with explosives as I'm sick of how much they've used the O'Neil house already.

Yeah I was like WTF when I was instructed to go to this bloody farm again. Can't they use a different location ffs.

Yeah it is nice that a new map has been added for this heist but everything that does not take place on that island is the same recycled A to B collection sh*te. It is one of the reasons I still have not made myself finish it yet well that and the bugs. And the fake difficulty like infinatly spawning Buzzard's after every collection.

It makes me sad that they went to the effort of making a new place to explore but could not be bothered to make the prep stuff interesting or new, it feels lazy tbh.

• Like 2
Merlin851626
On 12/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, Gaugauth02 said:

I experimented a bug where in the fingerprint duplicator prep mission : I wasn't able to enter the submarine and deliver the object 

I also got that and it doesn't seem to be tied to a particular mission. I also got this bug after I completed the sonar mission for the sub as well

Experienced a first bug using invite only lobby, doing the armor prep and after taking out the outside crates I couldn't get inside as no corona appeared. Quit the game and loaded back in. The armor mission showed as completed, however on doing the actual heist, the guards had body armor equipped.

i went into ammunation to restock my body armour and seeing my health was down a bit i decided to buy a soda to refill it

the machine clunked, i bent over to grab the can and stood up without drinking then i got stuck i couldn't move couldn't do anything i had to restart the game

Had a fun bug today - after grabbing guard clothes during the heist, all of the patrolling vehicles had no drivers and thus no sight cones. They still kept to their normal routes, just as empty vehicles.

I completed this heist multiple times, flawlessly. Same way all the time but sometimes when i do the heist, i have guard clothing and sometimes no where near guards but all of a sudden i alert someone. HOW!? Does this happen to anyone? Its not like i dont know what im doing, just how can i alert the whole island if im in guard uniform and nowhere near anyone and not even caught killing. So annoying when im halfway through the heist when that happens

alchemist3321

Getting a good glitch consistently now. I can't equip a weapon in the compound. Instead my character makes the pose like he's holding the assault shotgun, but he just starts shaking like that dude in Ray Donovan. I even tried to work around it, but it's impossible.

Pretty sh*tty as I have an easy two cocaines at the airstrip and the pink diamond. Easy 2.5m that is stuck with about 3-4 minutes left in the mission because of this dumbass glitch. 

11 hours ago, alchemist3321 said:

Getting a good glitch consistently now. I can't equip a weapon in the compound. Instead my character makes the pose like he's holding the assault shotgun, but he just starts shaking like that dude in Ray Donovan. I even tried to work around it, but it's impossible.

Pretty sh*tty as I have an easy two cocaines at the airstrip and the pink diamond. Easy 2.5m that is stuck with about 3-4 minutes left in the mission because of this dumbass glitch. 

A no kill run using the lift to get down to the vault may be the answer, the matter should be isolated to your current heist only. 

Had the problem with the yellow dot disappearing when flying the velum to scope out yesterday. I got to it, the usual noise sounded but I just kept flying. Crashed, died, had to restart the whole thing again but it worked the second time - empty crew session.

Didn't see this one mentioned, first time around I bought suppressors for weapons. Every time since when selecting the options for the finale the little square next to suppressors in the weapon loadout list is not selected (i.e. centre of it is black). However, suppressors are always equipped. If on the option screen you click X to select them the little square is still black (because you've actually deselected them..) you now have to press X again to select them.

Getting the fingerprint scanner - you go to the safe house, hack the computer and more often than not it sends you to the underpass not far from the central weapon shop, there is a short staircase going downward to the door you need to go through. I approach from the side to shoot camera whilst staying out of their cone. Do this, jump down the stairs and the door won't open, the yellow dot is behind you, so you have to walk back up the stairs and away to trigger the dor, which then moves to the door, so you can now go in.

Had an odd thing on the weapon setup too. It was the one where you need to board the avenger, location was grapeseed. I could see where the chopper was going, so went ahead and cleared the area, whilst I did so the chopper arrived, yeah fine. one red enemy left on minimap, somewhere around the chopper. Get a bit closer and he's either got rockets or explosive ammo because he explodes me -instadeath. I approached from all four sides and various angles, using a sniper rifle to find him - which I could not, he was able to fire at me regardless of what angle I approached from. During this the helicopter fell backwards and rested on its tail, only for a while later to pop back on its skids. In the end I just chucked a rocket at the helicopter, which killed him.

Pretty sure he hadn't been rendered, thus was invisible. I did fire in to the chopper cockpit but didn't find any hitboxes.

Also with the primary loot being x1.5 I find that there are less secondary targets, for example I always expect to see 6 at the airstrip 4 in the hangar and 2 in the shed opposite. This week, typically I only see 3 or maybe 4. Doesn't matter as a solo player because you can only typically carry two, just thought it was interesting.The overall possible take looks right so I can only assume they've spread the secondaries out more ?

I'd say that the secondary's are taking a hit due to the 50% and before that, the solo gold exploit.  

Edited by MikeyDLuffy
edit
57 minutes ago, Crafty- said:

Had an odd thing on the weapon setup too. It was the one where you need to board the avenger, location was grapeseed. I could see where the chopper was going, so went ahead and cleared the area, whilst I did so the chopper arrived, yeah fine. one red enemy left on minimap, somewhere around the chopper. Get a bit closer and he's either got rockets or explosive ammo because he explodes me -instadeath. I approached from all four sides and various angles, using a sniper rifle to find him - which I could not, he was able to fire at me regardless of what angle I approached from. During this the helicopter fell backwards and rested on its tail, only for a while later to pop back on its skids. In the end I just chucked a rocket at the helicopter, which killed him.

Pretty sure he hadn't been rendered, thus was invisible. I did fire in to the chopper cockpit but didn't find any hitboxes.

All I know about this one is that the Chopper has this explosive ammo.
I was oonce doing the same thing, cleared the area before the chopper arrived and waited there. Then the chopper shot at me, instant-death.

I am never gna do that prep again.. because its a waste of time.

Getting a glitch more and more in the prep missions where when I return to the sub at the end of a prep mission the FPS suddenly drops to 1 and then the whole game crashes after a few seconds. When it happens all the prep missions you've already completed are rolled-back as if you haven't done any yet 😠

Oaky, here is one I want to warn people about. I don't know it has been like this since the beginning, or this is new in one of the updates, but there is a guard at the airfield who, during the finale, can see you through a wall. It's obviously a glitch, but if you look at the guard on the map below, who is right next to the little barn with the weed in it (NOT the hangar above on the picture) he can see you even if you are protected by the walls of the building, and even that other wall that's between the building you're in and the guard. So he can see you through two thick walls walls, basically. Go figure.

Anyway, I verified this across several heists and several retries just to make sure. But if you are in that barn to steal the secondary loot, make sure you either kill him first, or he is at the end of that long path that leads south, toward the water. If he is there, even walking back or forth, as long as he isn't right next to you, with his cone of vision facing right at the barn, you will be okay. When I want the loot from that barn, what I usually try to do is I enter the Airfield to his west, in that little gulf between the air defense tower and the CC TV disabling device. Then I try to take him out as I am walking toward my loot. If He is far away, far south on that path, I don't wait for him. I do whatever looting I need to, but I make sure if I haven't killed him, that he isn't facing his cone of vision right at me while I loot.

Image result for cayo perico airfield loot

Edited by ChiroVette
On 2/8/2021 at 11:08 PM, ChiroVette said:

Oaky, here is one I want to warn people about. I don't know it has been like this since the beginning, or this is new in one of the updates, but there is a guard at the airfield who, during the finale, can see you through a wall. It's obviously a glitch, but if you look at the guard on the map below, who is right next to the little barn with the weed in it (NOT the hangar above on the picture) he can see you even if you are protected by the walls of the building, and even that other wall that's between the building you're in and the guard. So he can see you through two thick walls walls, basically. Go figure.

Anyway, I verified this across several heists and several retries just to make sure. But if you are in that barn to steal the secondary loot, make sure you either kill him first, or he is at the end of that long path that leads south, toward the water. If he is there, even walking back or forth, as long as he isn't right next to you, with his cone of vision facing right at the barn, you will be okay. When I want the loot from that barn, what I usually try to do is I enter the Airfield to his west, in that little gulf between the air defense tower and the CC TV disabling device. Then I try to take him out as I am walking toward my loot. If He is far away, far south on that path, I don't wait for him. I do whatever looting I need to, but I make sure if I haven't killed him, that he isn't facing his cone of vision right at me while I loot.

Image result for cayo perico airfield loot

I think all the guards can see and hear you open gates and loot through walls. It's probably deliberate.

Hazzardtohimself

Had an interesting one today (just after the latest patch, so may be new) 

Went for the 'attack boat' prep. Normally it spawns on the Alamo Sea, but today I was sent to the Merryweather docks. 

The target boat was in the water behind the sluice gates, so I had to trigger the three over-rides before opening the gates in the control room. 

But after the cut scene of the gates opening, the boat's collection icon was underneath the dock (outside the water, near the front/northern wall of the building). 

Obviously not a thing I could do, so I had to quit out. 

On 2/9/2021 at 10:08 AM, ChiroVette said:

i tripped the alarm in that barn once i thought i must have been spotted by the camera going in but it was probably him

On 12/26/2020 at 4:21 PM, JoeBoneless said:

Best one yet: while escaping Cayo Perico, the USS Luxington spawned off the north coast. I drove the dinghy towards it full speed but the mission ended before reaching it

A couple of days ago, I saw it in LS while i was l on my way to Cayo Perico gathering intel.. I did hit check point before i could reach it.

Spoiler

NlyVWmf.jpg

Qmg9yLU.jpg

I completed gathering intel and started to do the other preps; aircraft was there in preps but not in free roam

when I tried to get to it, the game kicked me back to terminal; the prep was still active

Spoiler

FcwTC2a.jpg

NxNhIAG.jpg

So I completed all my preps and played finale...

Next Gathering Intel prep, i saw this while i was on top of tower and i tried to get close to it

Spoiler

gjyWnrE.jpg

X3zygtC.jpg

I could get in it, some frames inside don't show but they are there. 

I ended flying a Lazer (unarmed) on Cayo Perico lol

Spoiler

70ogCD8.jpg

8gaJXJO.jpg

Edited by Gat_2011
whywontyoulisten
6 minutes ago, BeatsDown said:

I'm sure everyone has had this bug at some point.

Ah yes, good old bouncy sub. Even ended up wedged in it during a prep mission, and completely frozen. Restart required!

Anybody else permanently have the desk key for the Perico Pistol? About a week or two ago I exited one of my garages on foot and when I loaded outside I had the popup for the Perico Pistol random event saying I found the key and every time I ran the heist during the bonus week I was able to unlock the desk without actually doing the random event. Maybe now that the bonus week is over it'll revert. 

32 minutes ago, BJBooBoo said:

Anybody else permanently have the desk key for the Perico Pistol? About a week or two ago I exited one of my garages on foot and when I loaded outside I had the popup for the Perico Pistol random event saying I found the key and every time I ran the heist during the bonus week I was able to unlock the desk without actually doing the random event. Maybe now that the bonus week is over it'll revert. 

Yes. Once you have it you have it forever. No idea why, and stealing the pistol over and over again makes no sense and takes away from its exclusivity.

6 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

Yes. Once you have it you have it forever. No idea why, and stealing the pistol over and over again makes no sense and takes away from its exclusivity.

Aw man I thought I was special.  

At this point, I consistently, in an invite only session, cannot get back into my sub with the fingerprint scanner. I never had this problem before the patch so I can only assume Rockstar broke it. I guess I will be taking a break from Cayo until Rockstar update the game, again.

whenever i summon the kosatka i get this bug

if i'm in a vehicle when i summon it the sub icon gets put over the icon of the vehicle i'm in so i have no idea where the sub is this also happens if i'm on foot and i summon the sparrow too soon after the kosatka

now before i summon the kosatka i just return whatever i'm in and summon an oppressor after the sub surfaces it doesn't seem to have the same problem for some reason

Edited by cybapete
clarification
touchedmysoul09
26 minutes ago, cybapete said:

whenever i summon the kosatka i get this bug

if i'm in a vehicle when i summon it the sub icon gets put over the icon of the vehicle i'm in so i have no idea where the sub is this also happens if i'm on foot and i summon the sparrow too soon after the kosatka

now before i summon the kosatka i just return whatever i'm in and summon an oppressor after the sub surfaces it doesn't seem to have the same problem for some reason

Yeah I've seen that happen with a vehicle I'm not in.  Usually once I get in the vehicle the sub is on, the icon will move to the sea somewhere. I've also called it while hovering over the water and I see the sub surface but there is no icon on the map. Kosatka seems to have a lot of bugs.

Edited by touchedmysoul09
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing with a few friends on GTA V Online, I found a bug within the new Cayo Perico Heist update.

This has to do with one of the vehicles from the Cayo Perico heist update. The Kostka in the game has the missiles that one can control. Normal weapons can not get past yacht defenses, when defenses are turned on, however the controllable missiles from the Kostka can get past yacht defenses, then killing anyone onboard the yacht. Don't believe me try it out for your self.