Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Heist Bugs and Glitches


Mr_Hylian
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

If you are reporting a new bug, please be as descriptive as possible about it and include repro steps to the best of your abilities (when possible). Easier to read, easier to confirm. If you are on PC, describe your environment (hardware, OS, driver version, etc.).

Recommended Posts

On 12/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, fryday said:

if you use the truck cabine of your MOC for the speedboat prep mission, the yellow marker at the harbor will not be triggered.

 

you have to use one of the mission spawned truck cabins or catch one from the street.

Nope. I always do this with the Phantom Wedge and never had any problems with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been experiencing numerous glitches when playing with other players during the heist and choosing the drainage tunnel entrance.

 

I've had the game tell me that the CEO left the session (I'm the CEO and I'm still in the session, so that's incorrect.) and I've also had the game just glitch out and disable all of my controller input. 

 

It always happens after the cutscene where our characters exit from the drainage tunnel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I've been experiencing numerous glitches when playing with other players during the heist and choosing the drainage tunnel entrance.

 

I've had the game tell me that the CEO left the session (I'm the CEO and I'm still in the session, so that's incorrect.) and I've also had the game just glitch out and disable all of my controller input. 

 

It always happens after the cutscene where our characters exit from the drainage tunnel.

It's just the whole CEO/MC system being messed up. Game for random reasons fails to properly assign players to one organisation. It goes back to doomsday heists, similar issues  happen in special vehicle/moc missions. As a host always host in invite only. Always wait for players to actually join in the lobby, do not start while they are on call (wait till lobby fills, kick some players if you want after they load in). Or better play with friends (also host from invite only, preferably invite all players to it before starting). Or just solo new heist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone have this bug yet: I chose Drainage Tunnel entry, but there was no yellow marker there. I swam there but no action was possible.

At first I thought I might chose the wrong compound entry point, but then I thought it's impossible since I never do the demolition prep.

It is just impossible to choose a different entry point in the starting screen.

Had to restart the heist because didn't want to swim around the island to work out another entry lol

Edited by Nog
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the fly to Cayo perico bug, really warms my heart stealing the velum and flying it 90% across the map for nothing to happen when I get to the Corona on the map.

 

I've also had an equally annoying but that doesn't register that I have just completed a prep mission, meaning I have to do it again

 

  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had an issue when launching a disruption, where the board registers the mission as being launched (the enemies even spawn, I just discovered), but no prompts pop up?  Nothing happens, until the person running the heist leaves the session, then Pavel starts talking like he would have at the beginning of the mission, only to promptly follow with failure dialog.

 

Anyone know the cause or a solution?  This latest encounter, none of the hosts' preps done that session saved, so lucked out there, but this isn't our first time that that's happened!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JSwartz0181 said:

Has anyone had an issue when launching a disruption, where the board registers the mission as being launched (the enemies even spawn, I just discovered), but no prompts pop up?  Nothing happens, until the person running the heist leaves the session, then Pavel starts talking like he would have at the beginning of the mission, only to promptly follow with failure dialog.

 

Anyone know the cause or a solution?  This latest encounter, none of the hosts' preps done that session saved, so lucked out there, but this isn't our first time that that's happened!

 

I've had this with all of the prep missions over last couple of days. Well, everything is just broken for me really right now and can't get a heist done at all.

 

I would start any mission, my character stands up from the planning screen and then nothing. The starting banner for the mission doesn't come up and nothing loads. If I go back to the planning screen I can't access it as if it knows the mission is active. 

 

The mission that did this last was the sonar jammer so I got in my hydra and flew up to all the areas it spawns and the buzzards and boats had spawned but I still couldn't do anything

 

I gave up and decided to do some bunker sales - get to the yellow Corona to complete the sale and nothing happens. Whole thing is broke at the minute

 

Really frustrating and I've taken a day off see if it sorts itself out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the heist at night in a guard uniform drove down to the North Dock for secondary loot and I'm immediately shot at by the guard outside the warehouse. After a couple of tries I gave up and went back in the day time, same approach and no issues, go figure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EdHunter said:

Did the heist at night in a guard uniform drove down to the North Dock for secondary loot and I'm immediately shot at by the guard outside the warehouse. After a couple of tries I gave up and went back in the day time, same approach and no issues, go figure.

Man, they get frequently robbed recently. You must understand they are hypersensitive during nights, and maybe you dont seem familiar enough to them yet? 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 1:17 AM, GTAScott91 said:

I've had the fly to Cayo perico bug, really warms my heart stealing the velum and flying it 90% across the map for nothing to happen when I get to the Corona on the map.

 

I've also had an equally annoying but that doesn't register that I have just completed a prep mission, meaning I have to do it again

 

 

So far out of the 70-80 Cayo Perico heists I have set up this has not happened once when I do it in an invite only session solo. But these yellow corona errors seem to start happening when there's more players in the session.

Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten

I've scoped out all the compound entry points, yet Drainage Tunnel is the only one that appears on the planning screen, is this normal? I've given up and selected this, and it's still allowed me to enter via the main gate with the Supply Truck and guard disguises, but I've never been able to choose an entry point directly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whywontyoulisten said:

I've scoped out all the compound entry points, yet Drainage Tunnel is the only one that appears on the planning screen, is this normal? I've given up and selected this, and it's still allowed me to enter via the main gate with the Supply Truck and guard disguises, but I've never been able to choose an entry point directly.

Drainage Tunnel is the only one that shows up if you only do the Cutting Torch mission and don't bother with the explosives mission. So yes, completely normal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
20 minutes ago, Timsalabimbo said:

Drainage Tunnel is the only one that shows up if you only do the Cutting Torch mission and don't bother with the explosives mission. So yes, completely normal.

Ahhh, makes sense. Never bother with explosives as I'm sick of how much they've used the O'Neil house already.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

If the game would stop equipping a f*cking rebreather on me every time I drive a boat or submarine, I would be grateful

Ikr, looks so stupid.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 3:53 PM, FrugalDangerMan said:

The water tower in the north docks is glitched. 

 

The trigger for poisoning the water should be on the TOP of the water tower, not at the bottom. When you click on it at the bottom, the game tries to play the animation for adding the chemicals to the tower and thus VIOLENTLY PULLS the player character up to the top of the tower. This causes the game to register a high speed physical strike/impact with the platform on the tower killing the character.

20201219-045039-1.gif

When playing animations like this one which lock the player in position, going through static objects cant harm the player and thus hitting the bottom of the tower at speed cant kill you. You clip through the water tower and en up above it. What kill you here is that R* added a 'instant kill zone' inside the water towers, you just happen to go through the inside where the kill zone is. Still very much a glitch how it happens though. 😂

 

You can fall into the water tank if another player opens the top when contaminating the water, locking you in there. Which is why they added the kill zone. If the killzone wasnt there the animation would've just worked and you'd complete the task standing on top of the tower as if nothing strange just happened.

 

Really they should've just not made the hole be able to fall in through. I guess the kill zone was a last minute fix. There's a few kill zones on the regular map as well to prevent you from going places you shouldn't be instead of them just not making you be able to get there in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone else had an issue with summoning the kosatka?

if i summon it and i have a vehicle nearby the sub icon will appear on top of the vehicle icon so i have no idea where the sub is

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
lost-in-emotions

Uhm, sorry if already mention, but i dont often do the Heist, but when i do, its bugged.

As we finally made it to the Truck in Disguise and went to the Main Gate, something strange happend:

 

In the Cutscene our two Characters were invisible, and before the sequence as the truck go in,

i saw us both "spawning" away outside the truck on the alley and i was falling through the ground.

i thought - sh*t - we were close to the ONE OF US AWARD, why this happened? but wait, there was more:

 

After this cutscreen i spawnd in 3rd Person, saw my mate, but i was marked with WASTED and died.

But THEN i spawn inside the compund and we could made it just as normal and get the award(s)... -_-

 

UNghgWK.jpg

 

W8ZoY1N.jpg

 

ePi9O8l.jpg

Edited by lost-in-emotions
Link to post
Share on other sites

not really a cayo glitch itself.

but found a way to glitch under the map.

:D 

sry for the sh*tty aspect ratio

Spoiler

20210117074801_1.jpg

20210117074845_1.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

not really a cayo glitch itself.

but found a way to glitch under the map.

:D 

sry for the sh*tty aspect ratio

  Reveal hidden contents

20210117074801_1.jpg

20210117074845_1.jpg

 

I had that too, I was on the bike at the beach with the whale and went to check the cameras in the compound since I hadn't scoped everything there yet, when I backed out I was under the map.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, No Homing said:

I had that too, I was on the bike at the beach with the whale and went to check the cameras in the compound since I hadn't scoped everything there yet, when I backed out I was under the map.

nah it´s not that.

i just used a amazing glitch to get flown through the terrain.

can be used in SP and main map too.

recorded some videos yesterday of it at the casino.

one of the me getting thrown under the map, and another one of getting smashed into the wall.

here if you are interested:
 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rollschuh2282 said:

nah it´s not that.

i just used a amazing glitch to get flown through the terrain.

can be used in SP and main map too.

recorded some videos yesterday of it at the casino.

one of the me getting thrown under the map, and another one of getting smashed into the wall.

here if you are interested:
 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

Oh the buffered ledge grab.

I wonder if it has any other issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, No Homing said:

Oh the buffered ledge grab.

I wonder if it has any other issues.

well...it can be used to wall breach anywhere.

so it can be useful to discover new stuff.

i am having fun with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 8:29 AM, cybapete said:

has anyone else had an issue with summoning the kosatka?

if i summon it and i have a vehicle nearby the sub icon will appear on top of the vehicle icon so i have no idea where the sub is

Yup, happened a few times to me too. Sometimes I think it might be a timing thing? If you request vehicle and sub too soon after one another? Not sure. But I can confirm that the sub does spawn in the correct location anyway, so e.g. if I'm standing at LSIA I know it always spawns in the water between the runway and the ferris wheel so I just fly in that direction and find it visually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had problem doing this heist as host with other player ?

When I join my friend's heist or other player's heist, it has no problem at all, or when I'm doing it solo it has no problem either.

But when I'm invite my friend or other player to join my heist, it's get some weird problem and it happenned all the time.

 

When I use Longfin approach, either choose main dock or north dock our boat will disappear and the game put us in the water.

Sometime when I choose daytime it's become nighttime and vice versa, our weapon become Assault Shotgun even I choose other set.

And when we manage to get in the compound, primary target not it the vault and its icon appear outside the compound, make it impossible to complete the heist.

 

Same thing happenned when I use Kosatka approach at drainage tunnel.

Wrong weapon set, daytime become nighttime, no grate icon appear in the map and can't cutting the grate.

 

Same thing happenned again when use Velum approach.

We grab weapon bag in the hangar but no weapon in weapon's wheel, time of day got swap, and primary target not in the vault likes Longfin approach.

 

I tried to launch the heist from public lobby, invite lobby, friend lobby but the problem still occured.

I thought it has something to do with my game because I got this problem only when I'm hosting the heist so I tried to verify files game and even reinstall the game but nothing work.

I don't know is it just me or this problem happenned with anyone else ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 5:05 AM, digitoor said:

Has anyone had problem doing this heist as host with other player ?

When I join my friend's heist or other player's heist, it has no problem at all, or when I'm doing it solo it has no problem either.

But when I'm invite my friend or other player to join my heist, it's get some weird problem and it happenned all the time.

 

When I use Longfin approach, either choose main dock or north dock our boat will disappear and the game put us in the water.

Sometime when I choose daytime it's become nighttime and vice versa, our weapon become Assault Shotgun even I choose other set.

And when we manage to get in the compound, primary target not it the vault and its icon appear outside the compound, make it impossible to complete the heist.

 

Same thing happenned when I use Kosatka approach at drainage tunnel.

Wrong weapon set, daytime become nighttime, no grate icon appear in the map and can't cutting the grate.

 

Same thing happenned again when use Velum approach.

We grab weapon bag in the hangar but no weapon in weapon's wheel, time of day got swap, and primary target not in the vault likes Longfin approach.

 

I tried to launch the heist from public lobby, invite lobby, friend lobby but the problem still occured.

I thought it has something to do with my game because I got this problem only when I'm hosting the heist so I tried to verify files game and even reinstall the game but nothing work.

I don't know is it just me or this problem happenned with anyone else ?

 

I got the same issue. And it's even worse. Wenn entering the compound, the main objective is not in the basement, but outside the compound, near the fence, displayed in the green bag (like when you already collected it).

Due to the fact that you cannot leave the compound without the main objective and the main objective is actually outside the compound, the heist cannot be played at all.

Always happens when doing the heist with a total of two people or more, never when playing alone.

 

My buddy then bought a Kosatka as well, we played two heists togehter successfully, then we faced exactly the same issue when he starts the heist as well.

 

Rockstar Support has no idea and closed the case without helping.
Very very frustrating. When I want to play GTA alone, I can play Story Mode...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MechanicMammal
On 12/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, Gaugauth02 said:

I experimented a bug where in the fingerprint duplicator prep mission : I wasn't able to enter the submarine and deliver the object 

 

 

Yep I have had this issue, I was returning to the sub after picking up weapons and could not enter I tried every entry point, drove back to the beach. Killed myself so I could pick up the package again hoping that will help and reset the checkpoints, But no the same problem persisted. So I turned off the game out of annoyance.

This is my first run through of the heist (I do not play as much as I did) but it is not the first time bugs have haulted progress on it and made me rage quit the game for a few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.