Best place for Moose

Big TIme McGill

Big TIme McGill

Sharing a tip.  For each sample set, I often find there is one animal that is harder to find than others.  Hereford Bull, Florida Panther, Sierra Nevada Ram, however no animal has proven more elusive to me than the Western Moose and Western Bull Moose.  At least until yesterday.

If you're looking for Moose samples, by far the best place to go is the river north of Brandywine Drop on both sides of the railroad track, during the nighttime.  I went there yesterday and just moved around from Charlotte's house to Marko Dragic's house, and peaking out to the water outside of the railroad.  In about 15 minutes, I got four Western Moose samples and three Western Bull Moose.  I could not believe it!   You can often also get a cougar and American Black Bear in that area as well.

This has always been the best spawn point for me, and I don't know if anything has changed recently, but if you're needing to find those elusive Moose, check that area out.

381?cb=20181031122935

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 2:51 PM, Big TIme McGill said:

If you're looking for Moose samples, by far the best place to go is the river north of Brandywine Drop on both sides of the railroad track, during the nighttime.

Yep, sometimes I see the dead legendary one there too!

Yeah, all along that railroad track far to the South to Annesburg you bump into cougars some (as well as black bear.)

I got 3 cougars up there, looking for wintergreen berry/whatever that one is called (never have enough, needed

for one of Cripp's stews and I think I'm finally maxed on them.)

• Like 1

Non Funkable Token

Owanjila Dam and Aurora Basin (both at the eastern sides) sometimes have the prize too.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:51 PM, Big TIme McGill said:

Sharing a tip.  For each sample set, I often find there is one animal that is harder to find than others.  Hereford Bull, Florida Panther, Sierra Nevada Ram, however no animal has proven more elusive to me than the Western Moose and Western Bull Moose.

Absolutely intended by R*, they always cut the grind as hard as they can, and this shows that. Hell, they included the cougar into the desert category just so you don't grind that set so easily (it's still the easiest -and cheapest- one), because the rest of the desert animals are quite abundant (even Sierra Nevada rams, around Tall Trees-Beecher's Hope).

Can confirm, it's always the first location I try when hunting moose, often have good luck there.