1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

How was RDR?

JaeDan 101

im getting a regular RDR this week. And i want you guys to ask my questions:

What activities can i do in RDR?

Is it better than GTA: San Andreas? (im actually deciding if i will buy GTA: SA or RDR)

Is it fun as RDR2?

Does it got great graphics than Undead Nightmare?

Is the game funny?

billiejoearmstrong8
9 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

Is it better than GTA: San Andreas? (im actually deciding if i will buy GTA: SA or RDR)

Is it fun as RDR2?

Is the game funny?

- A full length story/missions, stranger missions, random events, clearing gang hideouts, bounty hunting, challenges (hunting, sharpshooter, treasure hunting, plant gathering, plus tomahawk and explosive rifle if you have certain editions of the game), gambling minigames (poker, blackjack, liar's dice, horseshoes, arm wrestling, five finger fillet), duels, horsebreaking jobs, nightwatch jobs, completing tasks to earn new outfits. Also because shops/money are a thing there's lots of weapons/health items/deadeye items/other items to buy and you can sell what you hunt.

- It depends on opinion whether it's better. It's newer so it has better graphics/physics/combat etc and in my opinion it has a better story. But San Andreas like all GTA games has a bit more going on than in RDR since it's set in modern times with modern technology and stuff. SA has more activities but I prefer RDR's activities and the game as a whole. Both are well worth getting though.

- RDR2 is bigger/has more stuff and obviously is newer so it has other improvements. However I think RDR can be more fun in some ways (similarly to how GTA IV can be more fun than GTA V), I think the movement/physics have more freedom/feel less clunky and scripted at times and the shooting is more satisfying. I also prefer how you don't have to do chores like looking after your horse, cleaning your guns, contributing to a camp etc, those details can be cool but it's simpler without them and you can just get straight to the action/fun. In addition there's no crime of "disturbing the peace", only proper crimes that you commit deliberately, so you don't have the problem of easily getting wanted by accident for running into someone etc. 

- Undead Nightmare is just an add-on to RDR so the graphics are just as good. In fact they look better than Undead Nightmare because it isn't all misty and dark all the time, you can see all the landscapes and views properly in the sun and it looks beautiful.

- Yes! It has a serious story at its core but lots of funny characters and humour as well. Also since RDR2 is a prequel the story carries on from there, so if you've already completed RDR2 you get to see what happens next which is awesome.

My favourite game of all time is GTA IV and my second favourite is RDR. You should definitely get it!

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

im getting a regular RDR this week. And i want you guys to ask my questions:

Is it fun as RDR2?

Is the game funny?

- There are some similar activities to RDR2, you will enjoy the duels, because I think in RDR2 when you are getting a duel the dude who challenges you always dies without shooting because he is so drunk lol, or at least that always happened to me.

- For me is better than San Andreas, but I would say because of the different ambience and timeline can´t be compared

- Yes, it is so fun, it is short, I finished it this summer in less than 1 week and not playing every day, but it is so fun, there are a lot of story side missions as in RDR2 so you have a lot to do!!

- For the graphics...it depends of where you are going to play it, if you play it in the original consoles and exactly PS3, it´s the """worst"" version because it runs at 640p and sometimes it feels a little blurry, and the best version is in Xbox One X at 4K with the patch they launched for that console, but still if is not at 4K, at 1080p in Xbox One is fantastic.

- And yeah, it is funny, you will enjoy it that´s for sure, and you will feel how they kept the correct references between both games, they have continuity and there are very little argumental fails, so if you play it like me after RDR2 you won´t notice argumental problems

Edited by rml_gta

i don't know

RDR1 is cool. You can do many activities

BUT i got the ps3, when i play it, the graphics will gonna be blurry

i don't know, guys. Will i get it? Or no

billiejoearmstrong8
1 minute ago, JaeDan 101 said:

i don't know

RDR1 is cool. You can do many activities

BUT i got the ps3, when i play it, the graphics will gonna be blurry

i don't know, guys. Will i get it? Or no

Did you play Undead Nightmare on PS3? The graphics will be the same as that (only better, since it isn't all dark and gloomy all the time and there's bright sunny days). Even the "worst" graphics it can have aren't that bad, definitely get it!

44 minutes ago, JaeDan 101 said:

oh yes i play it on the ps3

alright! I will buy RDR someday this week! Im excited

Yup, I bought it and played it this summer on my PS3 too and well it´s not the best experience nowadays but it´s still amazing, you will enjoy it that´s for sure, but there are some glitches in the game, for me the most common was sometimes when I tried to throw the lasso so fast and take the victim and the PED glitched like if it wasn´t captured but it was captured and the game didn´t let me to take the victim, so the "solution" I found was to fail the mission, it´s a shame that that happens but hey it´s a great game and the story is fantastic