Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Weird things you used to think when you were young about the GTA series


Recommended Posts

- When I played SA for the first time and watched the opening cutscene for the "Big Smoke" mission, I actually mistook Big Smoke for CJ's father. The way he asks CJ how he is, promising to find out who killed his mother and referring to Sweet as "your brother" to CJ all make it seem that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Staunton Assassin said:

- When I played SA for the first time and watched the opening cutscene for the "Big Smoke" mission, I actually mistook Big Smoke for CJ's father. The way he asks CJ how he is, promising to find out who killed his mother and referring to Sweet as "your brother" to CJ all make it seem that way.

I thought the same since I was young and still learning English so few words from here and there made me think of that

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 4:05 PM, Americana said:

 

Also, back in 2007 I was suprised that Grand Theft Auto IV wasn't going to be called Grand Theft Auto VI. 

This is another big one I, and I can imagine many others, made a lot until the announcement of GTA IV. Vice City was "GTA 4" and San Andreas was "GTA 5". Never thought anything of it until the confusing moment I discovered the next game was GTA IV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 9:05 AM, Americana said:

Also, back in 2007 I was suprised that Grand Theft Auto IV wasn't going to be called Grand Theft Auto VI. 

 

Personally, I thought that GTA Vice City was officially GTA IV, San Andreas was GTA V, Liberty City Stories was GTA VI and Vice City Stories was GTA VII, as they put those numbers on their boxes to make it easier for us to recognize them by numbers in my country. Then the real GTA IV made me somewhat confused 😜.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Patrizio said:

Being a pathetically nervous teenager spooked out by the woods and countryside of San Andreas - fearing Bigfoot or Leatherface would strike out of nowhere...

Shady Cabin, a place that no doubt belongs to the RDR series.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Personally, I thought that GTA Vice City was officially GTA IV, San Andreas was GTA V, Liberty City Stories was GTA VI and Vice City Stories was GTA VII, as they put those numbers on their boxes to make it easier for us to recognize them by numbers in my country.

 

Me too, the only difference was I didn't even know that Grand Theft Auto games for PSP existed. 

Edited by Americana
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

when i was a little kid, i thought GTA IV is a VR game

VR bowling with Roman? Count me in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
50 minutes ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

When I first started SA, I thought CJ, Ryder, Smoke, Sweet we're brothers.

You were half right!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, I remember when I read that cities in Grand Theft Auto franchise were based on real life cities... I really didn't have a clue when I was like 10 years old.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Personally, I thought that GTA Vice City was officially GTA IV, San Andreas was GTA V, Liberty City Stories was GTA VI and Vice City Stories was GTA VII, as they put those numbers on their boxes to make it easier for us to recognize them by numbers in my country. Then the real GTA IV made me somewhat confused 😜.


Do you have pictures of these boxes??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Nope, unfortunately. It's been such a long time.


what country if you don’t mind me asking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Saudi Arabia.

Well now this is serious talking this sh*t started here in Egypt When VC was released Games stores owners were assholes enough to sell you VC under the name gata 7 and then the next day ay kid wanna gata 8 and then he sells you the same f*cking game again but modded a little bit like giving tommy a different T-shirt color then ay kid wanna gata 9 this time it's the game with a infinite health mod then gata 10 and he keeps selling you the same f*cking game again everyday but modded until the whole gaming community community in Egypt was ruined every open world game is gata something , total overdose gata Mexico assassin's creed gata hood 

Witcher gata Sex watch dogs gata hack bully gata kids

Also when San Andreas  was released and its mods started blowing they started reselling the game under weird mods names like gata Superheroes gata Tom cruise

And San Andreas was literally called GTA N word

 

Edited by DR:BUSTA
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Well now this is serious talking this sh*t started here in Egypt When VC was released Games stores owners were assholes enough to sell you VC under the name gata 7 and then the next day ay kid wanna gata 8 and then he sells you the same f*cking game again but modded a little bit like giving tommy a different T-shirt color then ay kid wanna gata 9 this time it's the game with a infinite health mod then gata 10 and he keeps selling you the same f*cking game again everyday but modded until the whole gaming community community in Egypt was ruined every open world game is gata something , total overdose gata Mexico assassin's creed gata hood 

Witcher gata Sex watch dogs gata hack bully gata kids

Also when San Andreas  was released and its mods started blowing they started reselling the game under weird mods names like gata Superheroes gata Tom cruise

And San Andreas was literally called GTA N word

 

Are you talking about sh*t like this?

yjYvMaO.jpg

 

I remember reading about that a few years ago

 

https://www.gtaboom.com/history-gta-bootlegs/

 

I feel sorry for whoever wasted their money on that sh*t lmao.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zello said:

Are you talking about sh*t like this?

yjYvMaO.jpg

 

I remember reading about that a few years ago

Yeah that's it you can even see some Arabic words in these , one of them ( the one that has Niko on it) says GTA Doomsday

6 minutes ago, Zello said:

I feel sorry for whoever wasted their money on that sh*t lmao.

Every single kid in Egypt owned these especially the ones for VC which were most of the time modded cars , Infinite everything and god mod

Actually Isn't that supposed to be illegal?

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was real young I didnt know GTA 1 & 2 had missions, I thought it was nothing but open world carnage. Someone showed me the missions and I thought the concept was weird, took me ages to get into the idea lol. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On my first playthrough of GTA 3 I thought I had to stay on the boat to destroy the dodo in the S.A.M. mission which made it a nightmare. Fortunately on my second playthrough I discovered I can go on the runway to destroy the little plane and suddenly the mission became much less painful. 🙂

Edited by Evil empire
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Yeah that's it you can even see some Arabic words in these , one of them ( the one that has Niko on it) says GTA Doomsday

Every single kid in Egypt owned these especially the ones for VC which were most of the time modded cars , Infinite everything and god mod

Actually Isn't that supposed to be illegal?


they had modded gta disks on the ps2?? That’s f*ckin impressive! I wish I could find gameplay of those. Those bootlegs are super interesting 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Well now this is serious talking this sh*t started here in Egypt When VC was released Games stores owners were assholes enough to sell you VC under the name gata 7 and then the next day ay kid wanna gata 8 and then he sells you the same f*cking game again but modded a little bit like giving tommy a different T-shirt color then ay kid wanna gata 9 this time it's the game with a infinite health mod then gata 10 and he keeps selling you the same f*cking game again everyday but modded until the whole gaming community community in Egypt was ruined every open world game is gata something , total overdose gata Mexico assassin's creed gata hood 

Witcher gata Sex watch dogs gata hack bully gata kids

Also when San Andreas  was released and its mods started blowing they started reselling the game under weird mods names like gata Superheroes gata Tom cruise

And San Andreas was literally called GTA N word

 


at least you didnt buy gta rio de janeiro thinking you were gonna see christ the redeemer. Or gta5 for the ps2 and all you got in the end was: “after five years in the east coast, it was time to go home...”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.