3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Heist Solo Elite Challenge

BeatsDown

This one was fun, drainage to safe and bonds, grab a dinghy, disable the airfield, grab 2 x coke from 2 stores there, exit in a dodo in a thunderstorm.

HNBAJGj.png

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 7:20 AM, HopalongCasidy said:

So I think I know the answer to this, but I am going to ask it anyway: other than the office paintings, do all secondary targets in the compound require a second person on the keycard? 

yes

it's not an official secondary target but there's a safe in the office with some cash inside

2 minutes ago, BeatsDown said:

Current PB.

Yea the two paintings in office is a gift!!

had once and finished in 8:30 or sth 😄

Edited by Nog

Here's my first elite run, 11.42 but can be improved quite a bit, didn't stress to much and had a little crash 

Edit: also skipped the safe because I thought I had less time than I had 

Edited by kenmy13999
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, BeatsDown said:

Current PB.

Nice. I guess the ultimate RNG results is to get the two paintings in the office and the bearer bonds in the safe. You'd obviously have to be incredibly lucky to get all that, but I reckon the safe is about 10 seconds quicker to open (especially if you have very low or high numbers) than using the plasma cutter on the display case.

You say this is close to WR - what is the WR out of interest, and who's currently got the best time?

7 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

Nice. I guess the ultimate RNG results is to get the two paintings in the office and the bearer bonds in the safe. You'd obviously have to be incredibly lucky to get all that, but I reckon the safe is about 10 seconds quicker to open (especially if you have very low or high numbers) than using the plasma cutter on the display case.

You say this is close to WR - what is the WR out of interest, and who's currently got the best time?

Well, it's taken me two weeks to get it and countless heists in order for it to spawn. Could be another month before it happens again. I don't know the current WR (console), but I know a 6:08 is a former WR and that was on hard mode. Going to try something new next time.

I have a whole series on different ways to do these heists solo and am currently working on all approaches with no kills and no alerts. So if anyone wants to check them out --> https://www.youtube.com/beatsdowngaming

2 minutes ago, HopalongCasidy said:

Not positive, but believe completing heist using all approach vehicles nets ~250k. 

Yes, bonuses like that are listed under awards.

Couple PBs today, (just) over $1.8m take home

AS7gFVA.png

..and I finally got 2 paintings so could run if asap, not a speed run by any means but happy with nearly ½ the target time

RUcRgJg.png

Nearly f*cked it on the last guard who wasn't where I thought, but I managed to gmove it out

UGZgNad.gif

Edited by Gridl0k

^Well we had videos of knife only, no kill elites. Maybe there will be a brave soul to do gmove only?

8 hours ago, ambi3nt said:

^Well we had videos of knife only, no kill elites. Maybe there will be a brave soul to do gmove only?

Not Elite but I did do knuckle duster only.

Finally managed to get Elite Challenge last night for the first time. Drainage entry and main dock exit on hard mode + full stealth approach.

I've not had any paintings spawn for me anywhere in the last 5 heists I've done so luckily managed to get full loot at the dock before I got out. 

I have to say since finding out I can climb the wall to evade the guards at the compound exit has saved me a lot of time

2 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

Not Elite but I did do knuckle duster only.

nice job!

i will never get tired of watching the juggernaut get sucker punched to death

Apparently, elite challenge can be void if you get detected. I was quite surprised, anyone care to comment/confirm this?

I used the supply truck entry into the compound, and tried to leave through the main gate and the alarm went off just as I pressed E to leave through the main gate.

I shot my way off the island, stole a weaponized Dinghy, and made it out, but at the end it said Eite Challenge Void - do not get detected.

I just checked my achievements, and I did get the achievement One Of Them, for using the supply truck entry with a guard uniform.

Meanwhile, I have seen people getting detected, and still getting elite challenge.

So here's my question, what did I do wrong?

Is it wrong to get detected inside the compound, is it wrong to get detected while wearing a guard uniform, or both? I'm not sure if the guard that detected me was one of the personal guards or not.

Edited by AirWolf359

9 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

You've got detected in the mansion. Once you are out of it doesn't matter for the challenge if they detect you or not.

23 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

Apparently, elite challenge can be void if you get detected. I was quite surprised, anyone care to comment/confirm this?

I used the supply truck entry into the compound, and tried to leave through the main gate and the alarm went off just as I pressed E to leave through the main gate.

I shot my way off the island, stole a weaponized Dinghy, and made it out, but at the end it said Eite Challenge Void - do not get detected.

I just checked my achievements, and I did get the achievement One Of Them, for using the supply truck entry with a guard uniform.

Meanwhile, I have seen people getting detected, and still getting elite challenge.

Is it wrong to get detected inside the compound, is it wrong to get detected while wearing a guard uniform, or both? I'm not sure if the guard that detected me was one of the personal guards or not.

You can get detected after you have left the compound with the primary target and still get the Elite but not before.

Once I got it voided just before I exited the gate, you have to be careful the guard on the outside doesn’t hear stray bullets ricochet if you kill the guy walking in front of it.

Thanks for replies. So, I voided my elite challenge by getting detected inside the compound, guard uniform or not.

Can you still get elite challenge, if you do the whole heist aggressively, starting at the docks, fighting your way to the compound, or is that an automatic void as well?

Edited by AirWolf359

3 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

Thanks for replies. So, I voided my elite challenge by getting detected inside the compound, guard uniform or not.

Can you still get elite challenge, if you do the whole heist aggressively, starting at the docks, fighting your way to the compound, or is that an automatic void as well?

I assume that’ll void it as well but I must admit I’ve never tried to complete it after being detected before entering the compound. It seems a bit unlikely you could get away with setting the alarm off outside given then the guards inside would already be on alert. Where you wear a disguise has nothing to do with it. You’ve been detected if the guards blue vision cones are removed from the mini map.

15 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

I think it depends on the approach. The very 1st time I did this heist, we used the alkonost and parachuted to the airport and shot our way to compound and we got a "do not get detected" elite challenge void. When I did it a few days later with the velum, we immediately got detected at airport cause you get frisked by the guards and we did the same thing, shot our way to compound and we got the elite upon completion.

• Like 3

I just set off the alarm by blowing up the compound's main entrance gate. Still got elite. I guess detection doesn't count if it happens in a cutscene.

(approach: stealth helicopter, south drop zone, main gate)

Edited by AirWolf359

R* logic strikes again. It's particularly annoying that it doesn't even list the "do not get detected" in the elite scoreboard screen unless you fail it. Or exactly under which circumstances it applies to. At least with RDR2 Gold medals it is clear what points the criteria apply to.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

R* logic strikes again. It's particularly annoying that it doesn't even list the "do not get detected" in the elite scoreboard screen unless you fail it. Or exactly under which circumstances it applies to. At least with RDR2 Gold medals it is clear what points the criteria apply to.

It's slightly more complicated than it needs to be yeah, but there's 3 outcomes, on the results screen;

Tick - passed

Empty - not all criteria met (full bags, time, hacks failed), failed

Crossed - void through detection, N/A essentially

Edited by Gridl0k

On 1/3/2021 at 2:08 PM, AirWolf359 said:

I just set off the alarm by blowing up the compound's main entrance gate. Still got elite. I guess detection doesn't count if it happens in a cutscene.

Actually I've just come across a video where someone goes in loud and gets the Elite having been detected outside the compound before blowing up the gate.

Theory: if you blow up the gate, the game classes you as going in "loud" and the "don't get detected" void is removed. If you use any other method to infiltrate the compound, you must avoid detection. That's my guess anyway.

EDIT - just looking through videos, that guy also got detected for arriving in the Velum and not having weapons stashed. So detected both times via cutscenes. More importantly the question in my mind was whether blowing up the gate would negate a free-roam detection before entering the compound - it looks like it doesn't.

Edited by Jimbatron

On 1/3/2021 at 11:29 PM, Do_Om said:

When I did it a few days later with the velum, we immediately got detected at airport cause you get frisked by the guards and we did the same thing, shot our way to compound and we got the elite upon completion.

if you are using the velum you need to go to support crew and buy a weapon drop (i think it's ten grand?) and they will put your weapons in a bag inside the hanger building so you can pass the weapon check squeaky clean....then go pick up your guns and shoot the guard

he's dying on the ground thinking wtf i'm sure that guy was clean

Edited by cybapete
correction

On 1/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, Do_Om said:

I think it depends on the approach. The very 1st time I did this heist, we used the alkonost and parachuted to the airport and shot our way to compound and we got a "do not get detected" elite challenge void. When I did it a few days later with the velum, we immediately got detected at airport cause you get frisked by the guards and we did the same thing, shot our way to compound and we got the elite upon completion.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:08 PM, AirWolf359 said:

It's actually very fun and I'm glad this can be done elite. I did a two-player "aggressive elite" today with Velum entry. Requested the supply drop and it gives the weapons to every player. So we both had miniguns.

Exploding the main gate doesn't even really take longer than stealth approaches; the difficulty then is staying alive.

Edited by SummerFreeze

nDiIecw.jpg

I think this was my most profitable solo run yet. Of course the Pink Diamond primary helps. But I also stole gold as explained here:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/966074-cayo-perico-tips-tricks/?do=findComment&comment=1071446357

https://gtaforums.com/topic/966074-cayo-perico-tips-tricks/?do=findComment&comment=1071447244

Credit to Vil2486i on youtube.

Alkonost airdrop inside compound fence (not wall), explode main gate, trick guard to spawn in Western storage, two gold there, run up to office, safe + primary loot, exit main gate, Manchez + swim escape.

Ultimately not worth it though because I failed often, plus I lost like half the difference between a gold and coke bag thru getting shot. I'm also an idiot and recorded my internet browser instead of the game on the successful run. 🤦‍♀️

Still it was something new and fun.

Edited by SummerFreeze

^ The shooting loss will be the biggest factor to this, but this is my current pb for coke;

z9BcUKB.png

Just trying to run the safe RNG as high as possible at this point.

• Like 1