1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Special Unlocks (clothing & other items)

Robcat99

Tried pretty much every conceivable approach at unlocking the glow shades, bracelet, & necklace while on the island.
From spending an afternoon tinkering with the dancing at the island party, to scouring every location during actual scouting missions.
I've beaten the crap out of the heist itself solo & with others in every possible way as well at this point.

Like seriously it's both intriguing & frustrating at this point at figuring out what the unlock mechanics are for those items.

Edited by Rabid Vulpix
whywontyoulisten
On 1/15/2021 at 12:16 AM, Robcat99 said:

Being those were only given out on last Gen they may release those as the “current gen versions” lol.

They already were as part of the random Christmas t-shirt giveaways. Much time was spent quitting sessions to get the ones you wanted.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:56 AM, Rabid Vulpix said:

Like seriously it's both intriguing & frustrating at this point at figuring out what the unlock mechanics are for those items.

Seems one part for these 'Red & Yellow' glow shades might be you have to play as a female character, one friend switched over from his male char to his second female character which he never plays and they where available.

He wasn't playing GTA at all around the time I got the shades but returned to GTA on after the heist had already been out for a few weeks, so prob not a time gated thing.

Anyone playing as a female char that can confirm they don't have them?

Game files suggest glow shades can be worn by either gender tho.

24 minutes ago, tjakal said:

Seems one part for these 'Red & Yellow' glow shades might be you have to play as a female character, one friend switched over from his male char to his second female character which he never plays and they where available.

He wasn't playing GTA at all around the time I got the shades but returned to GTA on after the heist had already been out for a few weeks, so prob not a time gated thing.

Anyone playing as a female char that can confirm they don't have them?

Game files suggest glow shades can be worn by either gender tho.

My day 1/from year one character is female, so no it doesn't have to do with the character.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:59 AM, naeesaim181 said:

Hmm I wonder if dataminers have found anything about this. @Tez2?

The glow shades are drip-feed items and classified as log in unlocks. There's no criteria to unlock them other than waiting for Rockstar to enable them.

Most if not all the people who somehow acquired those glow shades had them on their female characters, which reminds me of either the gender swap glitch or a glitch that transfers your male char clothing to female char. Basically, it would allow you to unlock certain unreleased items by swapping your gender that would result in changes to your clothing inventory since male clothing items represent different items on the female char side. So, the people who somehow acquired these glow shades may have accidentally glitched them upon experiencing a bug, or some ppl purposely did a similar glitch to unlock them.

• Like 2
SplinterCarn

Does anyone know why I would lose all my clothing unlocks overnight?    My character is still wearing a Videogeddon t-shirt, but it isn't in the wardrobe any more. Nor are any of the others, including the poxy xmas stuff. So much bs to this game, it's ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, Tez2 said:

The glow shades are drip-feed items and classified as log in unlocks. There's no criteria to unlock them other than waiting for Rockstar to enable them.

Most if not all the people who somehow acquired those glow shades had them on their female characters, which reminds me of either the gender swap glitch or a glitch that transfers your male char clothing to female char. Basically, it would allow you to unlock certain unreleased items by swapping your gender that would result in changes to your clothing inventory since male clothing items represent different items on the female char side. So, the people who somehow acquired these glow shades may have accidentally glitched them upon experiencing a bug, or some ppl purposely did a similar glitch to unlock them.

What about the glow necklace & bracelet?

Edited by Rabid Vulpix
BronxBombers79
14 hours ago, SplinterCarn said:

Does anyone know why I would lose all my clothing unlocks overnight?    My character is still wearing a Videogeddon t-shirt, but it isn't in the wardrobe any more. Nor are any of the others, including the poxy xmas stuff. So much bs to this game, it's ridiculous. 

I would just open a support ticket with Rockstar Games at support.rockstargames.com

• Like 1
SplinterCarn
5 hours ago, BronxBombers79 said:

I would just open a support ticket with Rockstar Games at support.rockstargames.com

I found them at my arcade, but they still don't seem to be at my apartment.  No big drama. I think R* have much bigger problems to sort out, so I'll get over it. 

• Like 1

Remember switching over to my 2nd character briefly early on to check out what was added for the male in the DLC. It is very possible that this is what caused this alleged glitch to occur as I switched back.

If that's the case the chances of it occurring seems very high as it then happened in a single regular character swap to female for both me and my fiend, so perhaps try swap characters around if you have them or create your 2nd one just to see if that does it.

So the general consensus at this point is pretty much that the Glow Glasses, Necklace, & Bracelet are yet to be released officially. Only way of getting them atm is through some glitch caused by the character switching/related actions.

On 1/25/2021 at 4:37 PM, Rabid Vulpix said:

What about the glow necklace & bracelet?

I believe they are dripfeed too.

6 hours ago, Rabid Vulpix said:

So the general consensus at this point is pretty much that the Glow Glasses, Necklace, & Bracelet are yet to be released officially. Only way of getting them atm is through some glitch caused by the character switching/related actions.

Yes, the glitch would explain how some people acquired them coincidentally. Although, diving deeper into the matter may help narrow out which exact clothing piece in the male side corresponds to glow shades in the female side and vice versa, but you still have to glitch to obtain them.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Someone got the rockstar cap? , I got the rockstar rollin tee 
for playing until February 12 but not the rockstar cap . 
Edited by Cayoperico
On 2/18/2021 at 11:19 AM, Cayoperico said:

Yes, I got both items. It’s under the “caps, Forward” & “caps, backward” categories.

On 2/18/2021 at 4:19 PM, Cayoperico said:

Like you, I got the tee but not the cap. I opened a ticket and was told that I have been given the cap, but on checking I found that it had only been given to my female char in the No. 1 spot, but not to my main char in the second spot, so I am back on to R* support <.< (checked another account and both chars have the cap) 

Viboxing (GTAGFX)
5 hours ago, stagolee said:

Like you, I got the tee but not the cap. I opened a ticket and was told that I have been given the cap, but on checking I found that it had only been given to my female char in the No. 1 spot, but not to my main char in the second spot, so I am back on to R* support <.< (checked another account and both chars have the cap) 

Some people that have only received the tee and not the hat have reported having the glow bangles instead of the cap. The same glow bangles mentioned in this topic by @Tez2. My guess is that it was just a glitch on their end. Maybe the cap and bangles have similar IDs or something. I'm not sure how this stuff works so that's just a guess.

Got the shotgun I was fiending for a couple of weeks back. 

Looks cool but it's ass. 

Still ain't got sh*t on the assault shotty. 

I prefer the regular and sawed off over this too

I got a notification that rockstar had removed items from my wardrobe yesterday. They removed the glow bracelets. 

Cayoperico
Hello there is someone who has unlocked the Neon Stitch Emissive Mask ? Thank 
10 hours ago, Cayoperico said:
Hello there is someone who has unlocked the Neon Stitch Emissive Mask ? Thank 

The neon mask hasn't unlocked for me (just tried both characters down at the Vespucci mask store).

Wasn't it supposed to be available from March 1st?

I didint received the Neon Stitch Emissive Mask too. Waiting one more day before contact support.

Edited by Chrom4tic
Thehunteroftruth

honestly? they should totally stop with this crappy delivery system for clothes unlocks, it s been pretty obvious through the years that always something is going wrong with that.
How about unlocking the item as soon as you finish the task, I know revolutionary, isn t it?

• Like 1

I didn't get a notification (that I noticed, at least), but the mask was in my inventory. Style/Accessories/Masks. Check there, if you haven't already.

Edited by dorcy