4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Dinka Veto go-kart Appreciation Thread

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

El Diablo 702

Got one of these last night,  it’s a fun lil thing that will bring back some San Andreas vibes.  Not too fast to be uncontrollable not too slow to be boring.  Alas go cart bumper car racing inbound.  

• Like 2
Pedinhuh

You can haul this bad boy on the back of pretty much every single open bed pickup truck in the game and the Kart will remain stable on it, but on pickups that have the tool boxes on the truck bed which works as extra seats the kart will clip through them and will damage the truck and the Kart a little.

Just gotta a find a elevated ramp where you can drive the kart over, and use it to load on the truck.

To get the Kart of the trucks, two bullets of a regular sniper rifle on the hinges of the tailgates will get the tailgate down.

These are the trucks that I know the Kart can fit in:

Bobcat, Bodhi, Bison, Duneloader(it needs a clean bed and will slide out the back because there's no tail gate), both variants of the Sandking and the Slamvan(the problem is making one of those spawn though).

It's too big for the bed of the Picador, and I assume the same for the Rat Truck.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 4

Apparently you can do this. And you get a crazy speed boost from doing it. I tried to upload a video but SocialClub is broken right now... So here are some pictures:

ivAxecQ.png

3w2qxZK.png

rTUYbbF.png

okvOAO0.png

edit:
Also I want Mario Kart mk2 version of this. Something that can jump and drop oil and kinetic mines. Maybe a parachute/glider version as well?

mk7.original.jpg

Edited by Piro
  • Like 3
  • KEKW 5
AUScowboy

This can tank explosives but the Stealth Annihilator can’t? FFS R*... I love the kart but holding back races is the stingiest, stupidest decision they’ve made in years. Peak R* logic. By the time it’s raceable most players will have moved on and won’t give a sh*t just like OWR. Only time I can get an opponent for OWR is when they are double or triple money..

• Like 3
Pedinhuh
8 hours ago, AUScowboy said:

By the time it’s raceable most players will have moved on and won’t give a sh*t just like OWR. Only time I can get an opponent for OWR is when they are double or triple money..

Worse part of all is that even if there were races we could use the karts right away, the fate of them would be the very of the Open Wheel races...

Which was also the fate of Issi Classic races...

Which was also the fate of Hotring Sabre races...

Which was also the fate of Special Vehicle races...

• Like 2
AUScowboy
12 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

Worse part of all is that even if there were races we could use the karts right away, the fate of them would be the very of the Open Wheel races...

Which was also the fate of Issi Classic races...

Which was also the fate of Hotring Sabre races...

Which was also the fate of Special Vehicle races...

Payouts for all races need a buff. If they paid a minimum of $25 to all player whose finish an 8 minute race I feel a lot more casual players would play them. It's certainly too much to ask or it would have happened by now. It's not unrealistic though IMO, most 8-10 minute VIP/Terrorbyte work pays that amount.

• Like 1
Commander S

I do like how the mod options for the Classic let you approximate a bunch of different retro karts - I've based one of mine on that Rupp Dart posted up-thread (albeit swapping the gold and white for red and black), and then my 2nd character's one on a similar-era Sears Fun-Kart (swapping the orange for blue, and the yellow/white trim for white):

1965_rupp_dart_kart_a_bone_1544140969c4fa56eb1e1f8cbeGo-Cart_01.jpg

88968385_1_x.jpg

• Like 2
Spectre "2K"

kinda wish you could remove the modern's bumper car border thing, given how bad it clips into the ground. But...yknow, it performs well. Too bad it can't do that wall ride thing as well as the classic

• Like 3
AUScowboy

Looks great and great liveries but drives like absolute doo doo. So does the Brioso 300, they all oversteer so bad and cannot be corrected/saved. All of them are giving me flashbacks to be bugged Infernus Classic..

Scottiedog123

Stock classic in the snow

1609115016821.jpg

1609115056050.jpg

1609115108197.jpg

1609115203910.jpg

So.. got me a modern now aswell.

1609115232468.jpg

1609115261631.jpg

I think these will be Popular.

1609115288196.jpg

1609115341857.jpg

Haa.. Low Power street.

1609115317681.jpg

1609115359265.jpg

1609115386385.jpg

1609115403327.jpg

1609115416999.jpg

My three...

1609115181682.jpg

Stock classic

1609115145382.jpg

Custom classic

1609115156627.jpg

Custom modern

1609115167444.jpg

• Like 5
SummerFreeze
2 hours ago, Fedestian said:

Did they add races for gokarts? I saw GtaMens latest video where he was playing gokart races

Hmm... interesting. It must either be on a modding server, or modders figured out how to access the go-kart racing creator. This happened with Open Wheel races as well, and you could play community-made ones on PC (without modding tools) before they were officially released.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 1
Standard Deluxe 59

I wish these didn't take up a whole garage space each. They're so tiny I should be able to put them in a corner or in my empty Terrorbyte. 

• Like 2
OscarMikeDetroit
6 hours ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

I wish these didn't take up a whole garage space each. They're so tiny I should be able to put them in a corner or in my empty Terrorbyte. 

Put your MK2 in your empty Terrobyte....

• KEKW 1
8 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

Hmm... interesting. It must either be on a modding server, or modders figured out how to access the go-kart racing creator. This happened with Open Wheel races as well, and you could play community-made ones on PC (without modding tools) before they were officially released.

It’s under Jobs on SocialClub. Look up transform races, and vehicles are set to be Cycles. However, when you get into choosing a bike, when the game starts you’re in your custom go kart. Just played yesterday it was fun.

• Like 2
Standard Deluxe 59
2 hours ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

Put your MK2 in your empty Terrobyte....

I won't own one of those things out of principle.;) 

• Like 5
Pedinhuh

Given how little they are, they could fit very well in our Clubhouses parking spots.

I also wish there was a way to remove the black bumpers from the Modern kart, they spoil the look of the whole kart on top of clipping everywhere.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 2
Scottiedog123

^^Nice.. anyone doing Bowser, Princess, Toad, Yoshi.. I wonder what the closest masks available are? And do we have a mushroom hat..

Edited by Scottiedog123
  • Like 3
touchedmysoul09

Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between to classic and modern forms? Trying to decide if it’s really worth it to buy the modern since I got the classic for free. Besides the obvious design/customization differences, is there really a change in performance?

Johnny362000
32 minutes ago, touchedmysoul09 said:

Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between to classic and modern forms? Trying to decide if it’s really worth it to buy the modern since I got the classic for free. Besides the obvious design/customization differences, is there really a change in performance?

the Modern is a little slower in a straight line but has more grip and is more stable. Neither can be raced at the moment but if they could they're about equal overall

• Like 1
AUScowboy

I've used both karts combined maybe twice since they dropped. The models and mods are great but the handling and curb clipping and lack if races and them being shoehorned into the sports class all feels extremely half assed. I'm sure I'll come around a bit when the races come out, but as of now these karts are the crappiest part of the update so far. Both clip almost as bad as the Faction. I get that they're karts and low to the ground, but driving these things around FR is both a bore and a chore.

• 5 weeks later...