3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

OUT NOW: THE CAYO PERICO HEIST

12 hours ago, Taterman said:

What if they are standing facing each other? How can you sneak up?

Best way is to melee them, but I've ran into situations where the second guard is a step farther and I can't reach him. Standing outside of their cones and watching for their heads lining, so you can just quick double tap for two head shots is what I usually do. Or if you use sniper - it's just one shot, cause its bullets pierce.

Edited by partci
  • Like 2

Mixed feelings on this heist/update after a bit of a hiatus.

Nice that they're still adding content.

It seems a waste of time to scope the island out fully when alone or with a team of two - enough loot is in the compound or near a dock.

The good points:

Like the submarine. It's nice to be able to spawn a Sparrow without being a CEO - it's really fast but quite weak.

You can land a Buzzard on the submarine if you don't have the Sparrow - just between the rear port and helicopter doors.

Nice looking island - shanty hunts, drug farms - probably inspired by Cuba, etc. Pavel comments on lots of the scenery if you take photos of the area.

Setup missions require no backtracking when alone unlike the Diamond heist - one or two of the missions are a bit boring though.

I don't need the $$$ but it pays out rather nicely ~ 1.4M alone both times I've done it (documents + painting & cash | necklace + 2x cocaine)

A party of four can earn a lot if all the secondary targets are taken before entering the compound; going for secondary targets after just makes it harder.

More awards to get with bonus cash!

The bad points:

It's clearly been designed as a stealth heist with the same wonky stealth mechanics; one missed headshot and the whole island goes barmy. 

I don't know why they keep trying to turn GTA into Metal Gear Solid ?!?

Far too easy to complete:

> I did the underwater approach first which drops you right into the compound. Last night I did the drug runner plane into guard disguise approach.

> Escaped right out the front door both times. Steal any boat or literally swim away.

The other two approaches (military plane + helicopter) are rather surplus and require an extra setup mission.

The bolt cutters are useless since you take the torch and skip the explosives.

Most of the pre-mission purchases seem to be a waste. I only get suppressors and/or the weapon drop (if doing the drug runner disguise)

Why use the grappling hook when you can walk out the front door or enter through the drain?

The Diamond heist was more exciting and tense - at least the loud approach is; main door entrance has the funny cutscene, tunnel entrance has the slick bomb intro.

Getting to the buyer in 15 minutes or less, losing a max wanted level is a good challenge. (if you don't use the police heli spawn)

Edited by mwnn
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, mwnn said:

Why use the grappling hook when you can walk out the front door or enter through the drain?

i would only use the grappling hook if i had a guard disguise but no supply truck

you could also just walk around outside shooting guards until one dropped the gate codes

• Like 2
20 hours ago, mwnn said:

If you get detected in the compound, sometimes the fastest way out for me is using the grappling hook. If you enter from the drainage tunnel, the main gate is still well guarded.

18 hours ago, Taterman said:

If you get detected in the compound, sometimes the fastest way out for me is using the grappling hook. If you enter from the drainage tunnel, the main gate is still well guarded.

unless i've already picked up the primary and i'm near the main gate if i get detected in the compound i just die and start over

if i'm not on hard mode i just do a swan dive off the balcony to use the second life

4 hours ago, cybapete said:

unless i've already picked up the primary and i'm near the main gate if i get detected in the compound i just die and start over

if i'm not on hard mode i just do a swan dive off the balcony to use the second life

After you die near there, where do you and the loot spawn?

9 minutes ago, Taterman said:

After you die near there, where do you and the loot spawn?

as far as i know you always spawn at the back of the compound where you come out of the drainage tunnel

i just meant unless i had already picked up the primary i wouldn't try fighting my way through the compound

59 minutes ago, cybapete said:

as far as i know you always spawn at the back of the compound where you come out of the drainage tunnel

i just meant unless i had already picked up the primary i wouldn't try fighting my way through the compound

Gotcha. I meant after picking up the primary. I didn't make that clear in my earlier post.

10 hours ago, Taterman said:

Gotcha. I meant after picking up the primary. I didn't make that clear in my earlier post.

If I remember correctly, you spawn near the house where the primary target is. 

5 hours ago, nckid said:

If I remember correctly, you spawn near the house where the primary target is. 

if you make it outside the gate would you spawn there?

14 hours ago, cybapete said:

if you make it outside the gate would you spawn there?

I think so. Forgive my fuzziness; these days I usually just restart if I'm killed or caught. 

NULL AND VOID

New award: "Laundry Day" 800RP

Scout guard uniforms at every major point of entry on the island.

Maybe I'll try to test out that glitch again.. 

On 3/7/2021 at 9:30 PM, mwnn said:

You can land a Buzzard on the submarine if you don't have the Sparrow - just between the rear port and helicopter doors.

it's a bit tight for space but you can park an Akula there too

6 hours ago, cybapete said:

it's a bit tight for space but you can park an Akula there too

20210109203156-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • YEE 1
14 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

That required some serious skill I guess.

i landed a hydra there once but seeing it has vertical takeoff & landing the skill level is lowered somewhat

• KEKW 2

When using the truck for the main gate entry, what happens when you get into the compound? Is there time to sneak out of the truck or is it not a stealth entry?

Also, do you have to shoot the driver to get the truck? I've only done the drainage entry, what's the nest easiest way to get in?

1 hour ago, Taterman said:

When using the truck for the main gate entry, what happens when you get into the compound? Is there time to sneak out of the truck or is it not a stealth entry?

Also, do you have to shoot the driver to get the truck? I've only done the drainage entry, what's the nest easiest way to get in?

You spawn in the compound in guard disguise (the truck will be gone), only the red-cone guards will recognize you. Usually you find the truck parked somewhere, but stealing it can trigger the alarm, even in guard disguise, so make sure nobody watches you. I heard you can shoot the driver and it still works but never tried it myself.

I prefer grappling hook with guard disguise and right side entry, you will easily avoid the juggernaut by doing so and can stab the 3 other red guards.

Edited by Aquamaniac
  • Like 2

FWIW the Supply Truck is marked on your prep map even if you don't scope it, but only in a hard heist. Just look for the diamond in one of the possible spots.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played CP for several weeks, but is it me or have they tweaked some of the guard rotations?

I saw two guards standing talking next to El Rubio's Valkyrie when aiming to enter via the side gate. And one guy roaming and patrolling down the steps to where you enter via the drainage tunnel. Never seen either of these things before, although most seems largely the same.

1 hour ago, Jimbatron said:

I haven't played CP for several weeks, but is it me or have they tweaked some of the guard rotations?

I saw two guards standing talking next to El Rubio's Valkyrie when aiming to enter via the side gate. And one guy roaming and patrolling down the steps to where you enter via the drainage tunnel. Never seen either of these things before, although most seems largely the same.

I've seen both of these come and go, the stair-walker in particular can be a surprise. I *think* they're post-Primary-grab spawns that f*ck up.

Does the Military Rifle in the Conspirator (I think) load-out have a decent scope? It looks pretty small. I normally use the sniper rifle in the Crack shot load-out and hoping the MR has a decent one. 

56 minutes ago, Taterman said:

Does the Military Rifle in the Conspirator (I think) load-out have a decent scope? It looks pretty small. I normally use the sniper rifle in the Crack shot load-out and hoping the MR has a decent one. 

i don't think it has a scope

1 hour ago, Taterman said:

It has no zoom scope if you mean that. I never play in 1st person and all these scopes you can put on the assault rifles are purely cosmetic, arent' they?

1 minute ago, Aquamaniac said:

It has no zoom scope if you mean that. I never play in 1st person and all these scopes you can put on the assault rifles are purely cosmetic, arent' they?

Yep, no zoom is what I wondered about. I don't play in first person either so not sure. I don't own a Military Rifle so I didn't know it was considered an assault.

2 minutes ago, Taterman said:

Yep, no zoom is what I wondered about. I don't play in first person either so not sure. I don't own a Military Rifle so I didn't know it was considered an assault.

Technically these scopes should have a zoom function but they don't have, the military rifle is a Steyr AUG:

aug-z-a3-16.jpg

I start a chopper disruption prep and moved the sub near the first barge with three choppers. Fast travel put the sub right next to it. I launched a missile from the sub and had to circle around to hit it. Seeing my sub right there it made me wonder, could you blow up your own sub with a missile launched from it? I assume you could but didn't want to try it during a prep.