Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

OUT NOW: THE CAYO PERICO HEIST


Recommended Posts

So I've been having this weird, conspiracy theory-esque thought that the Emerald encrusted Panther Statue has been a target all along but nobody has been able to trigger it? Anyone else think this? I tried to leave the camera view on the Panther cage for an extended period of time but Pavel eventually chimes in with "There is nothing here, Kapitan. Lets move on.." ūüėÜ

 

I guess some data miners would know for sure.. What are yalls thoughts on this? Absolute bolox? Wishful thinking but hell no?

 

- Zero percent chance for the panther right? -

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NULL AND VOID said:

So I've been having this weird, conspiracy theory-esque thought that the Emerald encrusted Panther Statue has been a target all along but nobody has been able to trigger it? Anyone else think this? I tried to leave the camera view on the Panther cage for an extended period of time but Pavel eventually chimes in with "There is nothing here, Kapitan. Lets move on.." ūüėÜ

 

I guess some data miners would know for sure.. What are yalls thoughts on this? Absolute bolox? Wishful thinking but hell no?

 

- Zero percent chance for the panther right? -

It is reserved for a special event week, just like Diamonds loot in the casino. Everyone who got the Panther Statue so far has been using mods for it on PC.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting elite (and all gold at that) on Madrazo Files with no cutting tool and a level 16 host = quite satisfying. Especially when it's obvious this isn't the host's first try.

 

Shame quick job is still a f*cking joke.

Edited by Gridl0k
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I completed my 4th heist last night (solo), and for the first time did it completely undetected. Woohoo!!!

It will probably never happen again though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried twice now to get the passed out guards key for the golden gun and still can't find it. I used a location map I found online. Does it only spawn before you start a heist or at some point during the setup?

Also, when my wife got the golden gun, it removed her ap pistol during the heist. I assume it's not silenced? That could be an issue if stuck with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 8:02 PM, Taterman said:

I've tried twice now to get the passed out guards key for the golden gun and still can't find it. I used a location map I found online. Does it only spawn before you start a heist or at some point during the setup?

Also, when my wife got the golden gun, it removed her ap pistol during the heist. I assume it's not silenced? That could be an issue if stuck with it.

 

I found the keys even before I had a submarine, shortly after the release of the DLC. A guard often spawns next to the Biker clubhouse at the east shore of the Alamo sea. Not sure if they're more likely to spawn when you are CEO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

I found the keys even before I had a submarine, shortly after the release of the DLC. A guard often spawns next to the Biker clubhouse at the east shore of the Alamo sea. Not sure if they're more likely to spawn when you are CEO.

 

Thanks man! It really makes me wonder now. I've done 4 heists already and checked every spot shown on a map of the spawn points and still nothing. I didn't think of trying it as a CEO though so I'll try that.

Any idea about if the golden gun is considered silenced? When my wife got it, it replaced her secondary gun but she triggered an alarm already so had to use it to try to shoot her way out. That's why I'm not sure if it's considered silenced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Taterman said:

 

Thanks man! It really makes me wonder now. I've done 4 heists already and checked every spot shown on a map of the spawn points and still nothing. I didn't think of trying it as a CEO though so I'll try that.

Any idea about if the golden gun is considered silenced? When my wife got it, it replaced her secondary gun but she triggered an alarm already so had to use it to try to shoot her way out. That's why I'm not sure if it's considered silenced.

 

It is not silenced and should not replace any of your weapons, just choose another weapon loadout to be safe where you're not in need of the AP Pistol. The golden gun is quite useless though. With my secondary character I found no keys so far, with my main character I found 3 further guards only at the club house and some at other locations (they continue spawning), maybe owning the club house helps and maybe MC instead CEO?

 

I was quite sceptical of the DLC btw, if I hadn't found the keys in advance I maybe never bought a sub.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 7:25 AM, Taterman said:

 

Thanks man! It really makes me wonder now. I've done 4 heists already and checked every spot shown on a map of the spawn points and still nothing. I didn't think of trying it as a CEO though so I'll try that.

Any idea about if the golden gun is considered silenced? When my wife got it, it replaced her secondary gun but she triggered an alarm already so had to use it to try to shoot her way out. That's why I'm not sure if it's considered silenced.

 

The Perico Pistol replaces your current active weapon on collection, you can change it back to the weapon of choice through the weapon wheel. If your wife lost it completely then it's a bug/glitch, but I've not heard of it before now.

 

As for the guy spawning with the key, if you are on xbox one I may be able to help you as he's always spawning for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Calakarad said:

 

The Perico Pistol replaces your current active weapon on collection, you can change it back to the weapon of choice through the weapon wheel. If your wife lost it completely then it's a bug/glitch, but I've not heard of it before now.

 

As for the guy spawning with the key, if you are on xbox one I may be able to help you as he's always spawning for me.

 

Thanks man. Yes, I am on Xbox one. I'll be on most of tomorrow night (Monday). My GT is SPLEEFHOUND.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Calakarad said:

 

The Perico Pistol replaces your current active weapon on collection, you can change it back to the weapon of choice through the weapon wheel. If your wife lost it completely then it's a bug/glitch, but I've not heard of it before now.

 

As for the guy spawning with the key, if you are on xbox one I may be able to help you as he's always spawning for me.

 

If it spawns for you, does this mean it spawns for others as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

If it spawns for you, does this mean it spawns for others as well?

It should spawn for everyone but like most spawns in this game some people seem to have problems and I don't know why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Calakarad said:

It should spawn for everyone but like most spawns in this game some people seem to have problems and I don't know why.

 

I think you missunderstood me and my guestion applies to all things that spawn more or less random. If a guard spawns for me and another player is with me, does this mean the other player will see the guard too or will only I see the guard, the same about the Solomon or Slasher quest vehicles? Also heist preps, if some player destroys the Duggans supply, will other players see them and what happens if I destroy Duggan shipment from another player's prep if it is possible. I saw once a another player collecting a Velum for CP heist and run over the smugglers when I was cruising around so my guess is, things that happen, happen for all players visible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

I think you missunderstood me and my guestion applies to all things that spawn more or less random. If a guard spawns for me and another player is with me, does this mean the other player will see the guard too or will only I see the guard, the same about the Solomon or Slasher quest vehicles? Also heist preps, if some player destroys the Duggans supply, will other players see them and what happens if I destroy Duggan shipment from another player's prep if it is possible. I saw once a another player collecting a Velum for CP heist and run over the smugglers when I was cruising around so my guess is, things that happen, happen for all players visible?

I have encountered and destroyed Duggan Shipments for random players. The Duggans even shot at me iirc.

I have also had the sleeping guard spawn in freeroam, he was visible for both me and my friend, but we both already had the gold pistol.

Edited by AirWolf359
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

I think you missunderstood me and my guestion applies to all things that spawn more or less random. If a guard spawns for me and another player is with me, does this mean the other player will see the guard too or will only I see the guard, the same about the Solomon or Slasher quest vehicles? Also heist preps, if some player destroys the Duggans supply, will other players see them and what happens if I destroy Duggan shipment from another player's prep if it is possible. I saw once a another player collecting a Velum for CP heist and run over the smugglers when I was cruising around so my guess is, things that happen, happen for all players visible?

I did indeed read that differently. The spawns you mention have slightly different outcomes/variables. The guard with key is more likely to spawn for everyone but it's not 100%. The Solomon vehicles can be seen by some others but not always taken by them. The Slasher quest vehicle is more likely not to be seen by others unless they have found the other four clues and then they may still not see the same one (in the same location) as you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AirWolf359 said:

I have encountered and destroyed Duggan Shipments for random players. The Duggans even shot at me iirc.

I have also had the sleeping guard spawn in freeroam, he was visible for both me and my friend, but we both already had the gold pistol.

 

This is what I wanted to know, I guess it also applies to the CP disruptions, I have read that when the slasher appears, he will apear only to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 5:50 PM, Calakarad said:

 

The Perico Pistol replaces your current active weapon on collection, you can change it back to the weapon of choice through the weapon wheel. If your wife lost it completely then it's a bug/glitch, but I've not heard of it before now.

 

As for the guy spawning with the key, if you are on xbox one I may be able to help you as he's always spawning for me.

 

Thanks for the help getting the key tonight sir.¬† ūüĎć

Link to post
Share on other sites
NULL AND VOID
20 hours ago, Taterman said:

 

Thanks for the help getting the key tonight sir.¬† ūüĎć

 

The perico pistol is not a silenced weapon. I was leaving the compound today and decided to test it out so I killed the guard above the main gate on my way out and it triggered the entire compound.. I'm 99% certain I could have used 5 lbs of C4 and had a different result.. I guess that one shot WAS loud but I dunno why the place doesn't get alerted when I bomb the pair of guards standing pool side. 

 

Maybe next I'll save a golden bullet for the very last guard in the compound and see if it magically sets the place off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NULL AND VOID said:

 

The perico pistol is not a silenced weapon. I was leaving the compound today and decided to test it out so I killed the guard above the main gate on my way out and it triggered the entire compound.. I'm 99% certain I could have used 5 lbs of C4 and had a different result.. I guess that one shot WAS loud but I dunno why the place doesn't get alerted when I bomb the pair of guards standing pool side. 

 

Maybe next I'll save a golden bullet for the very last guard in the compound and see if it magically sets the place off.

 

It does, it's not silenced.

 

...Except you can use it to kill the 2 penthouse Safe Codes guards in one shot, silently. Because reasons?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NULL AND VOID said:

@Gridl0k You saying the alarms get raised if you kill the very last guard inside the compound with the golden gun? That's just... Wow

 

Oh no right before you confirm the exit you can do what you want basically and get away with it #ByeByeBrioso

Link to post
Share on other sites
NULL AND VOID
26 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

 

Oh no right before you confirm the exit you can do what you want basically and get away with it #ByeByeBrioso

 

Oh. ūüėÜ Yeah I blast that Brioso outta the god damn compound too. One of the best things about the heist...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NULL AND VOID said:

@Gridl0k You saying the alarms get raised if you kill the very last guard inside the compound with the golden gun? That's just... Wow


That pistol is not silenced and may replace your silenced pistol as your equipped weapon when you pick it up.   Got me when I picked it up for myself and tried to clip one  of the goons on the way to the main gate and it blew stealth.   Excellent troll by R*.   Everyone had a good laugh.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hispls said:


That pistol is not silenced and may replace your silenced pistol as your equipped weapon when you pick it up.   Got me when I picked it up for myself and tried to clip one  of the goons on the way to the main gate and it blew stealth.   Excellent troll by R*.   Everyone had a good laugh.

 

This happened to my wife too, the pistol replaced her silenced one and her other gun was the sniper rifle. It didn't end well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Taterman said:

 

This happened to my wife too, the pistol replaced her silenced one and her other gun was the sniper rifle. It didn't end well.

Maybe this helps, but you don't always have to shoot a guard with your pistol. You can usually sneak up behind them, and smack them on the head by targeting them and pressing R (or reload button on console)

I never shoot guards with my pistol, because I don't trust my own aiming skills. Smacking them even works when they are standing in pairs, as long as you're quick (use first person view, so your character doesn't turn the wrong way when you move the camera between the guards)

The sniper is still perfectly fine for the guards on the watchtowers, and you can shoot cameras with a sniper too.

 

Edited by AirWolf359
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

Maybe this helps, but you don't always have to shoot a guard with your pistol. You can usually sneak up behind them, and smack them on the head by targeting them and pressing R (or reload button on console)

I never shoot guards with my pistol, because I don't trust my own aiming skills. Smacking them even works when they are standing in pairs, as long as you're quick (use first person view, so your character doesn't turn the wrong way when you move the camera between the guards)

The sniper is still perfectly fine for the guards on the watchtowers, and you can shoot cameras with a sniper too.

 

 

What if they are standing facing each other? How can you sneak up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Taterman said:

 

What if they are standing facing each other? How can you sneak up?

From their sides, in the gap between the cones. You smack one in the face, second guard notices you, smack him right in the face.

But since these guards don't walk, I recommend staying clear of them altogether, except for the 2 at the main gate at the wall.

lBDtJHZ.png

Edited by AirWolf359
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.