3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

OUT NOW: THE CAYO PERICO HEIST

Two & a half quest?ons:

once we complete a solo hiest will the payout be less next time round?

& is the Kostka the only way to return there later?  I assume you can't cargobob an off road vehicle over to climb around with.

1 hour ago, GoodTimesAhead said:

Two & a half quest?ons:

& is the Kostka the only way to return there later?  I assume you can't cargobob an off road vehicle over to climb around with.

My second heist was on hard and more pay. 1.4mill instead of the first 1.1mill primary.

You restart the heist from

Sub, which you can scope again etc. You can access the island from LSI airport in Freeroam just to go the beach party

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, B_E_N_1992 said:

My second heist was on hard and more pay. 1.4mill instead of the first 1.1mill primary.

Sub, which you can scope again etc. You can access the island from LSI airport in Freeroam just to go the beach party

Kinda odd that R* allows you to repeat the hiest on easy over & over for a cool $mil, taking what 30mins to finish?🤔

Edited by GoodTimesAhead
added content
1 hour ago, GoodTimesAhead said:

Kinda odd that R* allows you to repeat the hiest on easy over & over for a cool $mil, taking what 30mins to finish?🤔

Keep in mind that the setups are a little long and boring plus you need to master the heist because otherwise you're stuck with a bunch of colombians and a chopper on your ass draining all your snacks and vests (can't forget the cool trees either)

6 hours ago, B_E_N_1992 said:

Thanks for this, I haven't had a chance to play yet.

What do you mean by the bold? You can take the sub there and look around?

8 hours ago, Taterman said:

Thanks for this, I haven't had a chance to play yet.

What do you mean by the bold? You can take the sub there and look around?

Typo sorry, you can’t move the sub off Los Santos 

Sweet! Got my elite. 😁

Pretty easy to be fair, got the stealth run award and hard difficulty award at the same time too. 600k in bonuses popped up. Cool beans!

I went in through the underwater pipe and after getting the main loot and an artwork from the compound, I headed to the main dock, killed everyone and grabbed the bolt cutters to nab up one stack of coke to get a full bag. 

Can't add pic's, but here's my stats:

Time: 13:13

Approach Vehicle: Kosatko

Primary target: Ruby necklace

Primary target take: $1,100,000

Secondary target take: $480,947

Fencing fee: $158,095

Pavel cut: $31,619

My take: $1,391,230

Elite bonus: $100,000

Nice! 

Shameless brag I know, but still. Good times! 🤣

The more I play this new heist, more I like it.

The island is very cool and very latina vibe. :) but a villa or small town are the big miss there, maybe on next gen will be diferent.

The lack of vehicles is the reason people are mad. I think. 

I didn't play until now and after hearing the horror stories about the scoping mission, I'm actually surprised I enjoy riding the new Manchez around this island, avoiding guards and taking pics. I think for a solo heist I can complete it in about 15 minutes.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, GN 92 said:

wish they have invested this much in the good old single player dlc we expected years back

Not gonna lie. The Cayo Perico Heist has scratched my SP itch very well. I have not been in a Public Lobby since release day and I am loving it.

• Like 3
On 12/16/2020 at 7:51 AM, IceDree said:

As we all know, GTA V wasn't really built with Stealth mechanics in mind. It took me a couple of attempts to find my footing & adapt to the guard towers, but I got through. 20+ years of Metal Gear prepared me for this lol. (Insert Roman Pearce's I was made for this, bruh gif meme here)

iuPzI6B.png

Got it in my first run last night! The Metal Gear training did come in handy. Of course, my inner Demon Snake came out and I left a long trail of blood and bodies to satisfy the blood lust.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:51 AM, IceDree said:

Paval is a bit annoying, but hey, beats listening to Lester and Page

I take that back. He's calm, respectful & his Russian quotes always brighten the situation. He's one of my favorite characters now.

nBSxgW1.png

I guess he chased the wrong model down the beach.

CTGABbV.png

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47juhd5fpb3a8qjc7dkq

On 12/16/2020 at 9:47 PM, Taterman said:

Thanks IceDree.

My pleasure.

Edited by IceDree
sPeLlInG.
  • Like 3
On 12/18/2020 at 4:31 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

I went in through the underwater pipe and after getting the main loot and an artwork from the compound, I headed to the main dock, killed everyone and grabbed the bolt cutters to nab up one stack of coke to get a full bag. 

if you have the cutting torch for the pipe you don't need bolt cutters you can burn through chains with the torch

• Like 1
23 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Not gonna lie. The Cayo Perico Heist has scratched my SP itch very well. I have not been in a Public Lobby since release day and I am loving it.

i like how the bunker, arcade & nightclub are still producing product and filling safes up while you are doing the heist so you get a double payday

1 hour ago, cybapete said:

i like how the bunker, arcade & nightclub are still producing product and filling safes up while you are doing the heist so you get a double payday

I got a grumpy message from Tony the second day of Heisting saying my Nightclub was full, went to see and I had near a cool million waiting for me. Niiiiiiice.

I can also manage all my business from my Arcade meaning its only a short trip from my Sub to stock them all up at once.

2 hours ago, cybapete said:

if you have the cutting torch for the pipe you don't need bolt cutters you can burn through chains with the torch

Yeah, I never realised that at the time but since learned it works so that'll be a few seconds saved for sure. :)

For what it's worth, this update has been the greatest since I started playing gta online. (Jan.2019) As someone who wants to play alone 90% of the time I am overjoyed at how much this has improved my quality of life in the game. Outside of the odd destruction of my sub while I'm paying NO attention what-so-ever.. I can't remember the last time I was legit spawn killed or even killed in general. (That I didnt provoke) I can play all day (pending obligations) and never have to bother or even ATTEMPT to contact another soul. I'm so over the pettiness of gta online. 

Countless milestones have been reached. And this finally feels like it's coming to an end! Thank god! 😆 All my businesses shut down and I'll be living the Mega Yacht life from now on. LoL

Now Rockstar, give me that Manhunt arcade shooter or I'll never forgive you!!!

Spent few days soloing this sh*t, checking the content in invite lobby without the 24/7 trollapallooza that is the public session. Rockstar sure knows how to overhype stuff, not that i find all of it disaster. Didn't like most of the vehicles. I would have added at least four to five cars there, mayber super, maybe pimped up coupe, maybe the 911, one super.

Went from 51 million to 33 very quickly, went straight and upgraded that sub to full. Like it, sort off. Toreador's rad, wouldn't have minded vanilla version either. Naturally, Perico not being free roam was disappointing, but moving on, spent on the first scope-out for a while, found the beached whale, guard clothes, even figured out the trick with the cutting powder. The lighthouse scoping mentions my homeland, it's GTA canon! Yay? 

Heist itself...i sort of enjoyed it? Got caught, fought through boatload of guys and made relatively neat amount of an

money out of the affair. At this point, cant wait to do it again. With good players, this actually might be semi-fun to do, even with your usual 15% cut. 

• Like 2

If you enjoy the new heist, good to you. I found the heist rather boring. If you trigger the guards, you get endless waves of enemies. I finished it to get it over with. Another useless piece of real estate to be added. 

The prep missions really need more variation. Everything else I like, including the scope mission. The actual heist is the best as you can try out a lot; of course some ways are a lot faster than others.

As usual many things don't make sense... like why not bring a grappling hook in your bag? (Eh, it's not needed anyway.) But I can ignore that type of stuff in a video game.

13 hours ago, Van_Hellsing said:

If you enjoy the new heist, good to you. I found the heist rather boring. If you trigger the guards, you get endless waves of enemies. I finished it to get it over with. Another useless piece of real estate to be added. 

With respect, set it up properly then. There are countless guides on how to do it. The Stealth is easily abusable with a Silenced Sniper Rifle. 

Top Tip: For added fun, when you go back to Cayo Perico the second time and are doing the intel sneaking around at night but, have “The Human Fly” from Bruce Lee’s “Enter the Dragon” soundtrack playing. It’s on YouTube.

You can thank me later.  😉

• Like 1
On 12/20/2020 at 11:11 PM, NULL AND VOID said:

For what it's worth, this update has been the greatest since I started playing gta online. (Jan.2019) As someone who wants to play alone 90% of the time I am overjoyed at how much this has improved my quality of life in the game. Outside of the odd destruction of my sub while I'm paying NO attention what-so-ever.. I can't remember the last time I was legit spawn killed or even killed in general. (That I didnt provoke) I can play all day (pending obligations) and never have to bother or even ATTEMPT to contact another soul. I'm so over the pettiness of gta online.

you can do all the setups and the heist itself in an invitation only lobby so you'll never SEE another soul

I read one of those throwaway internet articles today that makes the claim that this update was produced by Rockstar's programmers working entirely from home. 

Fair play to them I suppose, but it shows.

Edited by Big Molio
  • Like 1
On 12/21/2020 at 4:22 AM, SummerFreeze said:

... like why not bring a grappling hook in your bag?...

Cause Pavel says you don't need to fill your bag with equipment you can find on the island, so you can take more loot. Which, if you actually think about it, makes no sense (if you find this equipment on the island you'll put it in the bag anyway), but it's R* we talk about here, so, R* logic.

• Like 1
On 12/17/2020 at 8:40 AM, GoodTimesAhead said:

Two & a half quest?ons:

the payout will depend on the primary loot and whatever secondary loot you grab with it

the list below shows the various values

It's absolutely incredible - the advancement in 3D video game technology since the earliest days.  Here I am in December 2020, playing a state-of-the-art map level, the Cayo Perico Heist, in the biggest video game media property in history, GTA Online.  It's mind blowing.  

So I'm sneaking around in El Rubio's compound, through the walkways between the Spanish-style cabañas and outbuildings, popping guards from behind, while a dorky 4-bar loop of sparse musical synthesizer notes plays, dinking away faintly in the background ...

EqdYQAoVgAIn5uZ?format=jpg&name=small

And suddenly, déjà vu hits me, right between the eyes.  I know this feeling, this place; the sense of displacement is overwhelming.  In a past life, I've been here before ... 

wolfensein-3d.png

Next El Rubio guard I shoot, I expect him to cry out, "Mein Leben!"

Yes, 3D virtual world design in video games has come quite a long way, in 28 years. 

But video game mission design ... well, not so much. 😛

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1