2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

OUT NOW: THE CAYO PERICO HEIST

Well, it absolutely pisses over what RDRO offered.

But that wasn't hard to do. 🤣

Was hoping for more cars and storage, but looking forward to the go karts, the lil' fiat, the beetle, and I'm sure I'll enjoy that Itali too. 

The heist itself, not too bad, IMO. Naturally to have the island in freemode would be nice, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me either. I did quite enjoy sneaking around the place to scope out. 

Cheers as always @IceDree. 🍻

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, B_E_N_1992 said:

The Madrazzo’s files are funny. You see them in the final cutscene after you finish.

A good nod to V’s story. No spoilers!

No spoilers? For Vs story or online?

Got to play for a few hours tonight, not enough to compete the entire heist, but enough to form an initial impression & so far so good.

The island.

Its ok, sure its kinda disappointing not being able to freeroom it without strings attached, but its a Cartel Island in the end and movement restrictions there make sense.

The docks reminded me of Ponizovje West from Snake Eater (what a thrill!).

The airstrip is okay, Paleto Bay could've used one like it. This rich prick owns 3 Nimbus Private Jets! I only have 2, Lucky bastard.

The shape of the island itself is not bad, lots of greenery and rocks to use as covers.

I yet to visit the Vila's area of the island, but it looks cool from a distance.

Stealth & Scouting.

As we all know, GTA V wasn't really built with Stealth mechanics in mind. It took me a couple of attempts to find my footing & adapt to the guard towers, but I got through. 20+ years of Metal Gear prepared me for this lol. (Insert Roman Pearce's I was made for this, bruh gif meme here).

Characters.

- Miguel is your typical impulsive rich brat who thinks he knows better and willing to take over the business, meh. I'm jealous of that stupid shirt though lol. Damn you R*, damn you to hell!

- Patrica is your typical rich house wife, hopped up on alcohol and antidepressants.

- The real estate lady better find me some listings for manions quickly.

- I could have done without the basic Instagram brats. 🤮

- Pazal is a bit annoying, but hey, beats listening to Lester and Page.

- DJ Pooh, Dr Dre & Jimmy. We'll see how that goes, one cutscene so far.

- Jaun Strickler is ruthless and doesn't tolerate incompetence. Poor Gus.

The Clothes.

The clothes sucks. Things were looking up with the Summer Special Update & this selection set us back again.

The Music

Jury is on this one, I need more time to go through everything.

The Vehicles.

Its somewhat underwhelming to be honest. I know 20 vehicles is our average, but they could've added a 3-4 more cars to balance out the Island trucks.

I love the Submarine. About damn time we got modern V8 Ferrari. The Toreador is fun, definitely gonna replace my Stromberg. I like the boats and the planes (we need more Hangar space & a Boatyard, R*. C'mon!). I'm intrigued by the Slamtruck. The Brioso & Weevl got potential. I don't care about the bikes, the carts nor the military trucks.

The downside is, the vehicles are expensive as hell. I have to break my spending rule for the ItaliRSX when it comes out in a week or so. The rest gonna wait for discounts. The discount savings on the RO-86 Alkonost, Annihilator Stealth, Toreador, Longfin and Kurtz 31 are enough to constitute a small fortune.

So, logged on last night to check the new dlc.   Bought the sub, drove to it and then got kicked from session due to unknown error.  When I logged back on I can't find sub although the captain messages me about showing me around.  Changed sessions but no luck. 

Before I submit a ticket can it be called in through interaction menu?  

21 minutes ago, docholladay1976 said:

So, logged on last night to check the new dlc.   Bought the sub, drove to it and then got kicked from session due to unknown error.  When I logged back on I can't find sub although the captain messages me about showing me around.  Changed sessions but no luck. 

Yes go to services, should be be there mate. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, docholladay1976 said:

Yes. 

Services -> Kosatka -> Request Kosatka 

Works like the Terrorbyte / Avenger

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Baltel said:

Loving the Submarine so far, for me is the best part about the update

What can the sub be used for outside of the heist? Is it like the yacht and you can use it in freeroam around Los Santos?

13 hours ago, SonofLosSantos said:

No spoilers? For Vs story or online?

If you’ve finished V’s story (7 years to finish it), then the ending of this heist is funny, because of what the Madrazzo files are.

Just now, B_E_N_1992 said:

If you’ve finished V’s story (7 years to finish it), then the ending of this heist is funny, because of what the Madrazzo files are.

If you haven’t finished V’s story, it’s isn’t as funny and will make no sense. 

17 minutes ago, Kiethblacklion said:

What can the sub be used for outside of the heist? Is it like the yacht and you can use it in freeroam around Los Santos?

It  have a fast travel option like the yacht but if you want you can drive it to any place in the sea, it has remote control missiles with good speed and very good range, if you have money , you can also purchase the new kraken and the  heli in the submarine and is very good for moving in diferent parts in the city

Inside the submarine you can also buy free snacks, some random weapons in the rooms, scuba gear, and a personal room, the interior is kinda the same like the submarine in the doomsday heist,   if you ask me is like an improved version of the yatch, the only problem is that the stupid broomstick still can manage to destroy it ( a whole submarine f*cked by a flying mosquito what a joke....) but when the submarine is destroyed you don't die, just spawn in other location, like when the avenger or or the terrorbyte are destroyed

i had a "racing" with other submarine owners and it was really fun lol if you have the money i really recomend you to buy it

Edited by Baltel

Got to admit, I'm pretty shocked at the negativity across the forums about this heist, so maybe some gameplay advice is needed to better appreciate the content and perhaps enjoy the DLC more? Most people jump straight in, go to the nightclub, watch the cheesy cut scenes, buy the sub, jump on the heist H planning board and then rush to the airport for the new experience. That's not the way I play GTA online after updates, which is probably why I feel more positive about the experience.

Yes, the first Cayo Perico recon mission followed by getting thrown back into the mosh pit can be a testing and rather dull experience! So why do it this way?

Why not purchase the submarine and get to grips with everything it offers first in freemode. Explore the vast interior, remember where you can get molotovs and RPGs, figure out how to 'drive' the thing and how to submerge and surface, compare its size alongside a yacht, travel the map, destroy some player subs, launch some torpedoes and missiles, do some ocean bed crate collection missions, etc. Try to get to grips with the DLC mechanics first and how to use the interaction menu to call new submersibles, change defenses, permissions, etc. I spent a couple of hours doing this alone and was really satisfied, although yet more missile spamming and griefing in freemode is not welcome.

Buy the new boat, planes and cars and fiddle around with these if you have enough cash. Honestly, you should be prepared after seven years. People complaining about there not being enough vehicles, but other people complaining about the cost just goes round in circles. I loved the Vapid Winky jeep and its upgrade options, which will be absolutely crap to race, but I still loved it, also the Pegassi Toreador and its rocket boost, McLaren bodyshop effects and overall handling and speed. At least take some time to explore car and submarine configuration options before 'jumping in'.

And there's a new weapon, new clothes, new face paints and so on, and if people take their time, enjoy the new music, dances, personalities and everything else then the core heist seems like a bonus, but that's my way of doing things in my good old time, and I even disconnected from my regular chat party just to do things on my own terms. Also, because I took my time scoping out the mission, I only got caught a few times and mostly really enjoyed it, just chilling, listening to new sounds, scanning the cameras, exploring new areas, which I will be going back to tonight for further experimentation.

Here are more positive points recap:

• The submarine's maneuverability, personalisation, vastness and general coolness.
  • The new radio stations, especially Kult FM!
  • The two new cars and their upgradability and awesomeness.
  • The new dance moves and panning angles for greater versatility.
  • The really smooth and fast loading times into Cayo Perico.
  • The new map and extra locations to discover and explore.
  • And Pavel in place of Lester! Oh yeah.

To reiterate, take a step back and do it in your own time for as long as it takes, no rush. It works for me. Lower your expectations and take it as a bonus new map somewhere over there for later and you'll be okay.

14 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

Why not purchase the submarine and get to grips with everything it offers first in freemode. Explore the vast interior, remember where you can get molotovs and RPGs, figure out how to 'drive' the thing and how to submerge and surface, compare its size alongside a yacht, travel the map, destroy some player subs, launch some torpedoes and missiles, do some ocean bed crate collection missions, etc. Try to get to grips with the DLC mechanics first and how to use the interaction menu to call new submersibles, change defenses, permissions, etc.

How does any of this make anything with the heist easier for people? Haven't done everything about the heist yet but these suggestions have absolutely zero impact on the things I've done in it so far 😊

For me and what I've done so far I don't have to much negativity with the heist itself but the lack of new cars really ruined the update for me and I know a lot of people here feel the same about it. That and also for R* to hype it up as the biggest update yet and clearly a lot of people have a different idea than R* of what the biggest update is. 

The preps I've done so far also seems more solo friendly than some of the previous ones so if that continues there's at least one more little positive thing. 

• Like 3

Having an issue taking a photo of a point of interest, building near airstrip with two stacks of weed, taking a photo but can't send it. Is it because I've allready found another building with weed in? 

40 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

How does any of this make anything with the heist easier for people? Haven't done everything about the heist yet but these suggestions have absolutely zero impact on the things I've done in it so far 😊

For me and what I've done so far I don't have to much negativity with the heist itself but the lack of new cars really ruined the update for me and I know a lot of people here feel the same about it. That and also for R* to hype it up as the biggest update yet and clearly a lot of people have a different idea than R* of what the biggest update is. 

The preps I've done so far also seems more solo friendly than some of the previous ones so if that continues there's at least one more little positive thing. 

Because I don't have enough time or patience in my life to go through these forums guiding people who are having tantrums about how to complete a sub-mission within a video game. I am not Rockstar technical support and I don't care about grinding and getting ROI on my video game expenditure.

I totally get it. It's an island tucked away behind a pay wall that is only relevant if you buy the submarine and invest your time in it, which will be played to death and then forgotten about afterwards, which is thoroughly disappointing. Rockstar have got their freemode and access structure wrong, just like they did with Arena Wars, and what this update is really about is pizzazz and making extra shark card revenue off of an existing video game that is seven years old, doing the best with their existing tools, not about us. One person posted in the B&M moan that he had duped 500 million in Weeny Issis and 'how dare Rockstar give him nothing to spend his money on', etc. Either trolling or extremely arrogant.

People bitch because it's 10 times easier than finding positive things to say, so my advice (to everyone) is to forget about the grind and enjoy the heist in your own time over the coming days and weeks, don't approach it like an 8-bit arcade game with crappy collision detection and back-to-square-one mechanics.

Edited by Jenkiiii
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

Because I don't have enough time or patience in my life to go through these forums guiding people who are having tantrums about how to complete a sub-mission within a video game

Have anyone asked you to guide them? 

Personally I haven't seen one complaint yet with people saying the sub is to difficult to handle in any mission but I of course haven't had time to read through it all yet 😊

Maybe people bitch because that's how they actually feel about the update and not because they have a hard time finding something positive to say. Maybe people have certain standards and won't blindly accept mediocrity? 😊 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Have anyone asked you to guide them? 

Personally I haven't seen one complaint yet with people saying the sub is to difficult to handle in any mission but I of course haven't had time to read through it all yet 😊

Maybe people bitch because that's how they actually feel about the update and not because they have a hard time finding something positive to say. Maybe people have certain standards and won't blindly accept mediocrity? 😊 

And maybe other people find positives even in the 'darkest' hours of GTA disappointment and despair :D .

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

And maybe other people find positives even in the 'darkest' hours of GTA disappointment and despair :D .

True that but as you said it's actually easier to focus on and complain about the bad things. That's also the only way we can get some changes because if everyone just praised everything there wouldn't be any point in fixing anything in R* eyes 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

True that but as you said it's actually easier to focus on and complain about the bad things. That's also the only way we can get some changes because if everyone just praised everything there wouldn't be any point in fixing anything in R* eyes 

Sure, buddy, Rockstar are most likely concentrating on the next gen graphical upgrade and then GTA 6 or whatever after that and this will be considered a shambles of a DLC after we complete the heist and ultimately get bored because we can't freemode on the island.

11 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

I checked the Rockstar Twitter feed out of curiosity to see what the response to the update was there and I noticed that for every negative criticism about the update (legit criticism, not just B&Ming) there were at least 5 counter posts that basically said that since the updates for GTAO are free, we shouldn't complain and just accept them and be happy about it. Now I enjoy GTAO, otherwise I wouldn't still be playing it after 7 years and I will continue to play it as long as possible, but that doesn't mean that I won't continue to question Rockstar's decisions regarding the game's mechanics and economy. Unfortunately, there are enough players who don't question it, who don't speak out and who just blindly follow along and providing Rockstar with their shark card money that the company won't change their current business model.

• Like 4

Thanks IceDree.

3 hours ago, lost-in-emotions said:

Q: Can i start the Heist as Host and pause it and can help then as a Member in a Heist from a Buddy?

I'd like to know this as well.

Also, can any other vehicles be parked in the sub besides the two that you can buy with it? Stromberg for example.

12 minutes ago, Kiethblacklion said:

basically said that since the updates for GTAO are free, we shouldn't complain and just accept them and be happy about it

Wonder if the same people would be happy if someone redecorated their car with a bat just because they did it for free, I know it's two completely different things but point is that it doesn't necessarily mean that free is good. We still payed for the game and have as much right as we want to complain 😊

• Like 2

I like having a new GTA V era place to visit.  But as I was avoiding the guards, by running all over the island through the new exotic flora, I kept thinking of all the bug bites I was getting from the new exotic tropical insect fauna.  Makes me itch just thinking about it 😛